Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2021, 22:44   #271
BHPian

Re: Ola S1 Electric Scooter Review

Hey guys a quick update !

Shared my Vahaan opt with Ola representative today evening and then received the following email from fame2.heavyindustry id which read:

“ Dear , Congratulation!! You are eligible to receive Incenvite of Rs. 41599.60 against Invoice No. MHXxxxxx under Fame India Scheme Phase II of Govt. of India. A Invoice (Invoice No. MHXxxxx) has been genarted for Rs. 62399.40 against 1 Number of Vehicle (Ola S1 Pro (E2W-XX-YY)) Purchaesed from Ola Electric Technologies Pvt Ltd. All the Best, Team NAB Admin THIS IS AN AUTOMATED MESSAGE - PLEASE DO NOT REPLY DIRECTLY TO THIS EMAIL.”

I have questions on this :

1. Has Ola already claimed this and is included In the the final price I made to them ? Is this the central subsidy amount ?
2. 19k state subsidy is not included I thought and has to be claimed separately. How does one do that ? I read on a post that Maharashtra is putting the onus on the manufacturer and customers don’t have to claim it. How does this work?

This was followed by an sms which read

“ MHXxxxxxxxxx/TEMPREG Received Rs.100/- against new registration fee vide receipt no MHXxxxxxxxx dated 23-Dec-2021. Thanks NAGPUR (EAST). MoRTH.”

Why does it say Nagpur ? While the registration is on Mumbai ?

Well there are questions to be answered but looks like the bike will be here soon. Fingers crossed.

Cheers!
Blackbolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2021, 10:05   #272
Senior - BHPian

From today's news article

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com...w/88459613.cms

1. Mass production of the scooters has not started yet, will start from January "at least".
2. Pledged to fulfill the rest of the orders by February.
3. "People familiar to Ola" have said that they are struggling with manufacturing wrinkles and are currently at a production pace of 150 scooters per day (which to tell you the truth isn't that bad).
4. Paint shop not operational yet.
5. Scooters are being transported near a plant in Chennai to be painted owned by South Korea's Seoyon E-Hwa.
6. Aggarwal is holding meetings at 2am to iron out production issues.
avishar is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 24th December 2021, 11:09   #273
Distinguished - BHPian

Unsurprisingly, the hype train seems to be running out of steam.

Number of bookings = 90,000
Current production per day = 150
Inventory build up assuming current production capacity ran for entire December = 4,650

Remaining bookings = 85,350

Assuming mass production starts on the 1st of January and they take 45 days to produce, assemble and deliver bikes to customers across India, to meet the February commitment

Total required production per day = 1,897

That is a huge leap from where they are today.

Possible? Yes. Probable? No.
neil.jericho is online now   (17) Thanks
Old 24th December 2021, 11:49   #274
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbolt View Post
Hey guys a quick update !

Shared my Vahaan opt with Ola representative today evening and then received the following email from fame2.heavyindustry id which read:

“ Dear , Congratulation!! You are eligible to receive Incenvite of Rs. 41599.60 against Invoice No. MHXxxxxx under Fame India Scheme Phase II of Govt. of India. A Invoice (Invoice No. MHXxxxx) has been genarted for Rs. 62399.40 against 1 Number of Vehicle (Ola S1 Pro (E2W-XX-YY)) Purchaesed from Ola Electric Technologies Pvt Ltd. All the Best, Team NAB Admin THIS IS AN AUTOMATED MESSAGE - PLEASE DO NOT REPLY DIRECTLY TO THIS EMAIL.”

I have questions on this :

1. Has Ola already claimed this and is included In the the final price I made to them ? Is this the central subsidy amount ?
2. 19k state subsidy is not included I thought and has to be claimed separately. How does one do that ? I read on a post that Maharashtra is putting the onus on the manufacturer and customers don’t have to claim it. How does this work?
1. Since the SMS is from MoRTH, it is only the FAMEII subsidy from the Central Government. the amount is also matching (₹15K per kWh of battery). State subsidy is additional and I don't know if you will get an SMS for that or not.

2. The earlier MH subsidy (₹5k) had to be applied for and obtained by the end customer. But the new state subsidy from MH need not be claimed additionally by the end customer. Just like the FAMEII subsidy, the Manufacturer will get it. It will be accounted in the payment that you've made to Ola. On the payment page the breakup will be provided
hemanth.anand is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th December 2021, 12:23   #275
BHPian

That Bloomberg article is quoting a youtuber is so funny. That guy continuously lies to get clicks for his videos. He made a video about Ola's range in normal mode but the top speed of the ride is 119 kmph which is only possible in Hyper mode. The average speed of the ride is 56 kmph and he was only showing the part where he was going 20 to 30 kmph due to traffic and signals but his average speed is 56 suddenly. He is using it mostly in hyper mode on highway at 100+ kmph speeds but claiming range is only 100 km in normal mode.

Regarding, Bloomberg article about production issues, which is being reposted by the Indian media outlets, well it's the same with every automobile company in the world. Mass production is hard and it will be slow especially at the beginning. Tesla has struggled with production with each of their models at the beginning and now it became a juggernaut in production and growing each year at a rapid pace while legacy companies are struggling with not just their EVs but ICEs also. There are probably thousands of articles against Tesla and how they are gonna go bankrupt anytime for the last 10 years. Many people shorted Tesla based on these stories from reputed websites and newspapers and repeatedly lost billions of dollors.

For the people, who are thinking that Ola is not meeting the delivery timelines, there is an Ola AP telegram group in which out of 16 members with Dec delivery schedule, 3 members got the delivery while 4 more members got their scooters dispatched and registration in progress, 7 more got confirmation call regarding color and variant (this is the step before dispatch). So, just 2 out of 16 who voted are yet to get confirmation regarding delivery. Among these, there are people from small villages and towns also for whom the scooter is dispatched and registration is in progress.

While it may seem that Ola is struggling, they are most likely to deliver more vehicles in the first 3 months (Dec, Jan and Feb) than what Ather delivered in 3 years and combined deliveries of Bajaj and Chetak did in 2 years.

Here are some of the photos of who got deliveries:

Hyderabad customer (home delivery)
Ola S1 Electric Scooter Review-hyd1.jpg

Hyderabad customer (delivered at an event)
Ola S1 Electric Scooter Review-y1.jpg

Ola S1 Electric Scooter Review-y2.jpg

Name:  y3.jpg
Views: 926
Size:  133.9 KB
sri_tesla is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 24th December 2021, 12:46   #276
BHPian

Central subsidy is already factored in the scooter price. State subsidy needs to be applied for separately.
Old 24th December 2021, 13:02   #277
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
YouTuber's Ola runs out of charge. He is seen pushing the vehicle (Range dropped from 5 to zero in a second).
three main problems I have with this video...
1. That video is edited big time and I won't believe everything that is shown there.
2. Even everything were true, it is understandable because it is tough to show the exact number of kms left...especially when the charge left is at the lowest.
3. Having 100+kms on full charge, it is only foolish of a guy to do a planned range test going towards some unknown place with no charger. If I were doing a range test, I'd do it such that I'm heading towards my home or some known charging point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pogo0120 View Post
I don't buy above. No one will ride with 5kms left. This video could be an intentional video to degrade or damage ola.
You must be watching too many of those conspiracy theory series on Amazon Prime
On a serious note, even I do not buy the content of this video. However, Ola has not delivered much of their hyped up marketing features and they'll need a lot more time to stabilize. I don't think Ola has troubled anybody so much that they are forced to get into all such petty things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sri_tesla View Post
That Bloomberg article is quoting a Youtuber is so funny.
Probably the article author on economictimes did not see this thread on TBHP

Although I appreciate his efforts, I take his unnecessarily-long-videos with big truck loads of salt.
hemanth.anand is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 24th December 2021, 14:07   #278
BHPian

I have booked a S1, but not paid the last part of the payment yet. The pending amount earlier was 88k (without helmets).

Today, it is showing as 82k+. Insurance is not listed in the breakup.

Did anyone notice that?

Btw I am in two minds on what to do with the booking.
Old 24th December 2021, 16:27   #279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by null View Post
I have booked a S1, but not paid the last part of the payment yet. The pending amount earlier was 88k (without helmets).

Today, it is showing as 82k+. Insurance is not listed in the breakup.

Did anyone notice that?

Btw I am in two minds on what to do with the booking.

As earlier mentioned, these are teething troubles, which afflicted even the best of them (think Tesla).
If your only issue with the booking is delays, then I would suggest holding out a bit longer, as an early adopter, you help such companies start their operations.
Personally, I would have loved to buy one, but the wife was hell bent on an activa, and considering she is going to be the main user, I had to give in to her choice.
kosjam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2021, 16:44   #280
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sri_tesla View Post
That Bloomberg article is quoting a Youtuber is so funny.
The biggest joke in that article is relegating Bajaj as an auto rickshaw maker. Come on Bloomberg, they are much more than that
mug:mush is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2021, 17:45   #281
BHPian

Bloomberg has deleted the article now. But seriously, using something said by a random YouTuber (who is know for manipulating audience for views) as a source? Not expected from Bloomberg.

EDIT: Article is still available on bloombergquint website
Attached Thumbnails
Ola S1 Electric Scooter Review-img_20211224_174406.jpg  

Last edited by udaikalra01 : 24th December 2021 at 17:54.
udaikalra01 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 24th December 2021, 19:47   #282
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
After delayed deliveries, Ola Electric customers are now facing a range of issues with electric scooters that have been delivered to them, Moneycontrol has learnt.

Customers who have received scooters are facing issues ranging from damaged vehicles with cracks and dents all over the body, delayed charger installations, and discrepancy in insurance policy among others. Users are also complaining about vehicles providing a significant lower mileage (range) in real world conditions than initially promised.

Karthik Varma, a customer who has purchased an Ola S1 Pro, told Moneycontrol that the scooter delivered to him had cracks and dents all over the body. The company told him they will repair the damaged parts and give the scooter, but Varma said he was against it "When you usually pay for a product, you pay for the new one, not the repaired one," he said.

Several disgruntled customers have also complained on Twitter that they were invited to the delivery event on December 15 and were promised deliveries in the coming days, but they are yet to receive the scooter or any intimation on when they will receive it.
Source.
AkMar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th December 2021, 12:49   #283
BANNED

I read an article on an automobile website, don't have the link to the article handy.

The article said that Ola is manufacturing only 150 scooters per day. Of course, there is kind of based on data.

The point of concern is the production numbers are low. The delivery time frame will really drag on. It has been more than 3 months since the advance was paid. The wait can't be indefinite for deliveries. Really tempted to cancel the booking and buy a Ntorq.
Old 26th December 2021, 13:45   #284
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafia View Post
I read an article on an automobile website, don't have the link to the article handy.

The article said that Ola is manufacturing only 150 scooters per day. Of course, there is kind of based on data.

The point of concern is the production numbers are low. The delivery time frame will really drag on. It has been more than 3 months since the advance was paid. The wait can't be indefinite for deliveries. Really tempted to cancel the booking and buy a Ntorq.
Get anything but not an Ntorq. That scooter is useless, uncomfortable for longer rides, seat is short, front footspace also less,and not to forget quality of TVS, if you have waited 3 months wait for sometime more and get the Ola scooter.
Babyhindusthan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th December 2021, 14:14   #285
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by udaikalra01 View Post
disappointed Not expected from Bloomberg
Not to get into politics, but hitpieces and such were bound to happen, considering the kind of disruption Ola is attempting.

Bhavish spun it around nicely though, deflecting it as an attack against India's capability, rather than his company's credibility.
drt_rdr is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed