Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2022, 14:06   #466
BHPian

Re: Ola S1 Electric Scooter Review

My scooter registration was completed on 19th Jan, still no visibility on where the scooter is. No use of tweeting Ola or Bhavish, requesting for callback from app, or writing to their support email. Insurance has started from 7th Jan. Have started daily tweets (multiple times) asking for status now.

And, got that elusive callback / call - finally - after multiple pings through all 3 sources all of last week, who gave me this number, provided below, to contact directly. Have been trying to get an update now(beyond their "it takes upto 3 weeks for registration process" statement). Have been hearing stories of the head unit is/was damaged, we are escalating, escalation team will contact you, we will call you back in 10 mins, gives us some time and we will get back... Person in today's coversation has said he will call me back with an update by 4pm.

Ola Electric support phone number - 080-68964071 (in case it helps anyone here).
null is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st January 2022, 14:24   #467
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by null View Post
My scooter registration was completed on 19th Jan, still no visibility on where the scooter is. No use of tweeting Ola or Bhavish, requesting for callback from app, or writing to their support email. Insurance has started from 7th Jan. Have started daily tweets (multiple times) asking for status now.

Ola Electric support phone number - 080-68964071 (in case it helps anyone here).
Oh the difference in my case is the scooter is sitting in my garage with temp plates and I am running around trying to get their attention to get the scooter registered.
fuzzydealhunter is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st January 2022, 15:43   #468
BHPian

Finally got my documents verified. Expecting the scooter to be dispatched soon. It seems that Ola has already shipped a lot of scooters to several SDCs (and also doing so on an on-going basis) so when they say "Dispatched", it is likely going to come from your nearest SDC and not from their Future Factory in TN, which should hopefully speed things up!

Also, good thing that Maharashtra does not allow temporary registrations, so I won't have to run around to get the scooter registered with the RTO!
pathik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2022, 23:01   #469
Distinguished - BHPian

This was tweeted by one of the journalists after retrieving data from Vahan site.

Ola S1 Electric Scooter Review-screenshot_20220131225530.jpg

Can anyone actually throw some better light on this? Is Ola fudging data or is there some discrepancy somewhere?

Link to tweet

Last edited by BoneCollector : 31st January 2022 at 23:14.
BoneCollector is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st February 2022, 06:32   #470
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
This was tweeted by one of the journalists after retrieving data from Vahan site.

Can anyone actually throw some better light on this? Is Ola fudging data or is there some discrepancy somewhere?

Link to tweet
This one has already been discussed in this thread. There are lots of Ola scooters such as mine that were delivered with Temp registrations. Temp registrations do not show up in Vahan. My scooter was delivered in early Jan 1st week and registration process still underway. While I would say that their customer service levels are pretty bad right now I do not think they are fudging the data on delivery of vehicles. The scooter is brilliant! The process for registration has just not been worked out property by them. I am surprised these auto journalists have not figured this out yet.
fuzzydealhunter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2022, 07:01   #471
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzydealhunter View Post
Temp registrations do not show up in Vahan.
Thanks. That clarifies regarding the company claims. I hope they do good in future. Have read a lot about quality control issues.
Old 1st February 2022, 09:37   #472
BHPian

Finally cancelled my booking. I received the INR. 20,000 refund in minutes. In fact, the refund was done before the automated mail on my cancellation reached my inbox.

Do I have to initiate a separate cancellation process for the 499?

I was unable to confidently pay the remainder of the amount and proceed with the purchase.
Old 1st February 2022, 19:42   #473
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzydealhunter View Post
Temp registrations do not show up in Vahan. My scooter was delivered in early Jan 1st week and registration process still underway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pathik View Post
Finally got my documents verified. Expecting the scooter to be dispatched soon.
Quote:
My scooter registration was completed on 19th Jan, still no visibility on where the scooter is.
Guys,
Quoting all 3 of you as those bhpians who have either been given a scooter (with temp plates) or awaiting one post full payment. Currently my parents are sitting on the fence with the earlier 499 + 20,000 payments done and now planning to make the remaining payments.

Went through the last few pages and need your help on the following queries.

Query1: Breakup of the payments requested (via the app) is given below. The breakup doesn't talk of insurance. Did you have to take additional insurance separately? Or is it included in the below figures?

1. Ola S1: 99,999
2. Registration & Road Tax : 990
3. Handling charges : 1888
4. Reservation amount : -499
5. Advance amount : -20,000
Net Payable (pending): 82,378

Query 2: Is there an optional accessory of getting manual keys for locking (and start/stop) the vehicle? Not sure where my parents got this info, but this is something they would prefer to have.

Query 3: How long before you made the full payment and actual dispatch happened (/or status changed to scooter registration)? We have been told that delivery will happen by end of month *IF* payment done now. Trying to understand/set realistic timelines.
Old 1st February 2022, 19:59   #474
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Query1: Breakup of the payments requested (via the app) is given below. The breakup doesn't talk of insurance. Did you have to take additional insurance separately? Or is it included in the below figures?

Query 2: Is there an optional accessory of getting manual keys for locking (and start/stop) the vehicle? Not sure where my parents got this info, but this is something they would prefer to have.

Query 3: How long before you made the full payment and actual dispatch happened (/or status changed to scooter registration)? We have been told that delivery will happen by end of month *IF* payment done now. Trying to understand/set realistic timelines.
1. I think you probably missed selecting the insurance option while making the 20k payment. If you had selected it back then, then they would have added the cost to the breakdown. You will now have to take it on your own which could potentially delay the delivery.

2. Etergo scooter had such an accessory planned and they had advertised the same as well. No official confirmation from Ola on manual key accessory yet, and while it is possible they might launch it as an accessory, the chances are quite less in my opinion.

3. Full Payment and Upload Documents -> approx 3-7 days for Document verification -> another 3-5 days for dispatch -> and then 3 weeks post dispatch for registration and delivery. Your timelines could be stretched a bit further because you haven't opted for insurance from them and have to manage it on your own.
pathik is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2022, 04:44   #475
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathik View Post
1. I think you probably missed selecting the insurance option while making the 20k payment...
I dont remember an option to select/unselect the insurance component when paying. It was mandatorily from ICICI Lombard. Only the helmet was optional.

Quote:
I was sitting on the fence with my booking (without even a test drive) till end of December. Then decided to go ahead with the full payment as I needed a scooter anyways, so why not Ola/EV? Checked Hero Electric and it appeared too flimsy. So went with Ola without even seeing it in person.

They had moved the status as dispatched on 31st Dec. OTP process started around 6/7th Jan if I remember. Registration Approved on 11th. Final vehicle number SMS too came on 19th Jan. Insurance is active from 7th Jan itself. So, it is indeed like 2-3 weeks of processing and ideally a couple of days for delivery, which was not the case for me though.

But frankly, I am frustrated with their lack of clarity in their process and zero commitment to addressing customer queries.

BTW I have a commitment from them to deliver it today. Let us see how it goes ** fingers crossed **
null is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2022, 07:31   #476
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

The above figures you've shown doesn't include insurance. Below is the breakup from my payment that I had made in November last year.

Ola S1 Electric Scooter Review-screenshot_20211113073908_ola.jpg

As you can see from the image above insurance was not optional and we had buy it from Ola only. Probably they've removed it because insurance is something that you should have an option to buy outside as well. Earlier helmets were also added by default without an option to remove...but then they gave an option to the user to remove it.
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2022, 09:01   #477
BHPian

Looks like the footrest for ladies is indeed planned as an accessory.

Name:  Image209871.jpg
Views: 1531
Size:  56.0 KB
The rear crash guard is mounted at 4 places
  • Two at the front, in the foot peg crevice
  • Two at the rear, somewhere around the location of the number plate

They also have a crash guard for the front.
However, none of the accessories are available and only Bhavesh knows when they will be made.
suku_patel_22 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2022, 12:42   #478
Senior - BHPian

In January 1100 Ola Electric 2W registered as per Vaahan data. 458% growth than Dec21 (240).

Ola S1 Electric Scooter Review-20220202_123744.jpg

Ola S1 Electric Scooter Review-screenshot_20220202124203_twitter.jpg

Link

Last edited by Venkatesh : 2nd February 2022 at 12:44.
Old 2nd February 2022, 16:29   #479
BHPian

Does anyone here know how can we complain against Ola for not delivering the scooter inspite of my follow-ups for last 7 days and their commitments?

Insurance is running since 7th Jan, Registration has been completed on 19th Jan. Delivery location is Bangalore. Their 3 week SLA is past. Scooter is not delivered.

They don't have any means to escalate the problem when their front end support is not able to solve any issue.

Sufficient time & effort of mine has gone in trying to get the scooter or its current status.

So where can we complain? Some governmental agency? Trade bodies? Consumer court? Ministry of Heavy Industries/automotive?

What do you folks advise?
null is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2022, 20:03   #480
BHPian

Quote:
Does anyone here know how can we complain against Ola for not delivering the scooter inspite of my follow-ups for last 7 days and their commitments?

Insurance is running since 7th Jan, Registration has been completed on 19th Jan. Delivery location is Bangalore. Their 3 week SLA is past. Scooter is not delivered.

They don't have any means to escalate the problem when their front end support is not able to solve any issue.

Sufficient time & effort of mine has gone in trying to get the scooter or its current status.

So where can we complain? Some governmental agency? Trade bodies? Consumer court? Ministry of Heavy Industries/automotive?

What do you folks advise?

I had a horrid time escalating to the useless Ola support after my insurance start date was on 22 Dec 2021 and the scooter was not delivered until 5th Jan 2022. I did all I could to escalate by mail and calls daily until they called me to their office and delivered. I got lucky or the escalation worked am not sure. From what you are stating, you have to catch hold of some TL from customer care and get info as to where the scooter is lying around. In your case it must be lying in their ware house or the RTO formalities is pending. Just be persistent with the customer care and twitter escalation if you can. Other means can be explored but not sure how it would work in you favour without delays.

The scooter as a product is pretty good and for contact points, you can call up Manasi at 9 5 0 3 5 8 7 4 8 1 ( takes care of escalations/delivery from Ola office in Bangalore).

Would advise to show some patience/Tolerance as we are part of the early adopters/Guinea Pigs.
muni is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks