Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2022, 09:42   #481
BHPian

Re: Ola S1 Electric Scooter Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by muni View Post
... for contact points, you can call up Manasi at ..
I have her number in my phone too. She was in touch during the test drives (which I never took then). It never flashed to me that I could try to ping her once when nothing was moving.

Anyways, the ball is now rolling & have commitment - from a level which everyone in their organisation would adhere to I presume - for its delivery for today.
null is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2022, 14:20   #482
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Guys,
Quoting all 3 of you as those bhpians who have either been given a scooter (with temp plates) or awaiting one post full payment. Currently my parents are sitting on the fence with the earlier 499 + 20,000 payments done and now planning to make the remaining payments.

Went through the last few pages and need your help on the following queries.

Query1: Breakup of the payments requested (via the app) is given below. The breakup doesn't talk of insurance. Did you have to take additional insurance separately? Or is it included in the below figures?

1. Ola S1: 99,999
2. Registration & Road Tax : 990
3. Handling charges : 1888
4. Reservation amount : -499
5. Advance amount : -20,000
Net Payable (pending): 82,378
Regarding insurance, it seems that Ola is reaching out to people (folks whose scooters are dispatched) and asking them to either purchase from outside or contact Ola support if they still want one from Ola themselves.
pathik is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2022, 21:04   #483
Senior - BHPian

Ola E-Scooter Went Into Reverse mode at Speed of 102kmph Due to software Issues

Quote:
An Ola s1 user tagged Ola Electric and Bhavish Aggarwal on Twitter and informed that their Ola S1 electric scooter accidentally went into reverse mode at a speed of 102 kmph when he wanted to ride the scooter.
Ola S1 Electric Scooter Review-olaescooterwentintoreversemodeatspeedof102kmphduetosoftwareissues1.jpg
User Wrote “This is something highly dangerous about Ola Electric scooter. I was just about to go to the office and when I moved my throttle it went in Reverse mode at a speed of 102kmph. Unfortunately, I couldn’t record it though my phone fell from my hand
Source - https://e-vehicleinfo.com/ola-e-scoo...ed-of-102kmph/

Personally, I'll take such tweets with not a pinch, but a load of salt!!

Last edited by aargee : 3rd February 2022 at 21:05.
aargee is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th February 2022, 01:58   #484
Senior - BHPian

What how can someone even stay on the bike without crashing while it's going 102 km/hr in reverse ? Social media nonsense just for attention
Mortis is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th February 2022, 06:48   #485
BHPian

Here I am finding the current 4kmph reverse mode too fast and this person has clung onto the scooter at 102kmph. How did he manage to stop without crashing? Just my experience so far but the scooter does not go into reverse mode unless you are at a halt.

But can you imagine our streets with people zipping around at 102kmph in reverse.
fuzzydealhunter is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th February 2022, 06:59   #486
Distinguished - BHPian

Reading the tweet by this guy, here's what I understood...

In Ola, we know that throttle must be turned in the opposite direction to go in reverse. He turned it in the normal direction itself but instead of going forward the scooter has gone backwards!! Due to this sudden unexpected change in direction, he has fallen down because he couldn't control the vehicle. The scooter's rear wheel was rotating freely with the dash showing speeds upto 102kmph. He hasn't ridden in reverse at 102kmph.

Ola S1 Electric Scooter Review-smartselect_20220204070155_twitter.jpg

Ola S1 Electric Scooter Review-smartselect_20220204070106_twitter.jpg

Ola S1 Electric Scooter Review-smartselect_20220204070756_twitter.jpg

The scooter has failed on two counts...
1) instead of going forward, it's gone backwards. And...
2) even in reverse, the speed (on the dash too) shouldn't have crossed 4kmph.

It's an extremely dangerous glitch that anyone can face and looking at tweets made by couple of others, it seems this is not a one-off case.

Ola S1 Electric Scooter Review-smartselect_20220204070730_twitter.jpg

Ola S1 Electric Scooter Review-smartselect_20220204070739_twitter.jpg

Last edited by hemanth.anand : 4th February 2022 at 07:15.
hemanth.anand is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 4th February 2022, 07:16   #487
Senior - BHPian

Why is there a need to provide motor assist for reverse? Can it not be foot-pedalled backwards like in normal bikes ?
fhdowntheline is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th February 2022, 07:47   #488
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Reading the tweet by this guy, here's what I understood...

In Ola, we know that throttle must be turned in the opposite direction to go in reverse. He turned it in the normal direction itself but instead of going forward the scooter has gone backwards!! Due to this sudden unexpected change in direction, he has fallen down because he couldn't control the vehicle. The scooter's rear wheel was rotating freely with the dash showing speeds upto 102kmph. He hasn't ridden in reverse at 102kmph.

Attachment 2268325

Attachment 2268324

Attachment 2268326

The scooter has failed on two counts...
1) instead of going forward, it's gone backwards. And...
2) even in reverse, the speed (on the dash too) shouldn't have crossed 4kmph.

It's an extremely dangerous glitch that anyone can face and looking at tweets made by couple of others, it seems this is not a one-off case.

Attachment 2268327

Attachment 2268328
We're living in an era where a reboot can solve a vehicle's problems. Don't know whether to be proud or amused about this.
saitvsk23 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th February 2022, 09:36   #489
Senior - BHPian

If the rear wheel is rotating freely it wont show speed right. Or maybe some terrible software glitch, where everything that had to go wrong, did so
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
The scooter's rear wheel was rotating freely with the dash showing speeds upto 102kmph. He hasn't ridden in reverse at 102kmph.
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2022, 09:45   #490
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
Social media nonsense just for attention
On a lighter note, this reminded me of this video

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
If the rear wheel is rotating freely it wont show speed right. Or maybe some terrible software glitch, where everything that had to go wrong, did so
In my Ather 450, the motor RPM itself is used to calculate and display the vehicle speed rather than adding an additional sensor to the front wheel like in ICE scooters. I guess it is the same with Ola too.

I saw another video in a Telegram group where his issue could be repeated and recorded.

Disclaimer: Video rights with the owner...I just uploaded to Youtube to be able to share here

And yesterday I received one more video link in one of my Whatsapp groups showing Overheating issues with Ola (which was observed in media rides too).

Jump to 14:45 and watch for couple of minutes. A seemingly average gradient road posing such an issue is not a good thing. Apart from that I was surprised that it was unable to pull two people and he had to change modes like gears!

I sincerely hope Ola needs addresses these teething issues quickly because at the scale they are operating, this will impact EV adoption in general.

Last edited by hemanth.anand : 4th February 2022 at 10:13.
hemanth.anand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th February 2022, 11:50   #491
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saitvsk23 View Post
We're living in an era where a reboot can solve a vehicle's problems. Don't know whether to be proud or amused about this.
This reminds me why car manufacturer haven't upgraded to the latest gen of chips. Old tech are more reliable compared to the newer ones and when you are traveling over 100 km/h you dont want your car to say "Your Car has encountered a problem and needs to restart."
Black_Star is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th February 2022, 20:57   #492
Senior - BHPian

As usual the problem was one thing and has been written in such a way it seems like something else more dramatic happened. Still a serious issue nonetheless but in order to get it solved you need to give the right facts so that the repair team can address it properly.
Old 4th February 2022, 21:02   #493
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Many scoots of this day have the speed sensor in the rear wheel. Have personally observed this in the Suzuki Access and Burgman.
DRIV3R is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th February 2022, 01:33   #494
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
Many scoots of this day have the speed sensor in the rear wheel. Have personally observed this in the Suzuki Access and Burgman.
NTorq too has sensor at the rear wheel. In fact accessible behind the silencer. The coupler canbe disconnected to stop the speedometer from displaying speed and adding to the odometer kms count.
nkrishnap is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th February 2022, 16:39   #495
Senior - BHPian

Minister Satej Dnyandeo Patil along with the Vice President - Corporate Affairs of Ola Mr. B.C.Datta flagged off the Ola Electric test drive camp in Kolhapur.

Ola S1 Electric Scooter Review-20220205_163613.jpg

Ola S1 Electric Scooter Review-20220205_163616.jpg

Ola S1 Electric Scooter Review-20220205_163618.jpg

Ola S1 Electric Scooter Review-20220205_163633.jpg

Link

Last edited by Venkatesh : 5th February 2022 at 16:42.
Venkatesh is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks