Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2022, 22:59   #496
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Ola S1 Electric Scooter Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by null View Post
Does anyone here know how can we complain against Ola for not delivering the scooter inspite of my follow-ups for last 7 days and their commitments?

Insurance is running since 7th Jan, Registration has been completed on 19th Jan. Delivery location is Bangalore. Their 3 week SLA is past. Scooter is not delivered.

They don't have any means to escalate the problem when their front end support is not able to solve any issue.

Sufficient time & effort of mine has gone in trying to get the scooter or its current status.
Quote:
Anyways, the ball is now rolling & have commitment - from a level which everyone in their organisation would adhere to I presume - for its delivery for today.
null, did you receive your Ola scooter? Any updates on this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by muni View Post
I had a horrid time escalating to the useless Ola support after my insurance start date was on 22 Dec 2021 and the scooter was not delivered until 5th Jan 2022. I did all I could to escalate by mail and calls daily until they called me to their office and delivered.
I had this question not just for you or null but for all the other Ola owners whose insurance is valid but the scooter is not yet delivered. Has Ola come back to you with some sort of reimbursement mechanism for the "missing days"? In null's case, assuming the scooter was delivered on the 3rd, that is almost 26 days of lost insurance which he has paid for but cannot make use of. Muni, in your case it works out to around 2 weeks of insurance that you have paid for but do not benefit from.

Given how visionary Ola is, Im sure they must have figured out some way to compensate all owners who are suffering from the same plight. I dont recall anyone sharing the solution that the company has proposed.
neil.jericho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2022, 15:49   #497
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
null, did you receive your Ola scooter? Any updates on this?

...Has Ola come back to you with some sort of reimbursement mechanism for the "missing days"?...
Sorry. Got sucked up into work & hence could not update earlier.

Yes, scooter was delivered on the dot as per the agreed time - as if they had come there early & were waiting for it to be 3pm. I felt bad to push them so hard finally.

Haven't used it much - just some 25km around the house and there are no complaints as such. It rides well - so far so good. It does make some noise when I accelerate it, but it's mostly from the motor & the belt, which probably needs a clarification. I was asked if the Ola expert needs to visit, I am not going for it as of now. Will use the scooter for a couple of 100km - hopefully by end of February - before any checkups.

Yes, Insurance was running for last 25 days / almost a month. I haven't really asked about it. Their explanation earlier was that it should be generated prior to initiating the registration process. I am sure they can optimise this, considering that everything is digital.

There are many process niggles (like the insurance one above), which I am planning to bring up with one of their senior management representative. If there are any useful suggestions from your end to Ola, please do inbox me & i can pass it on as well.
null is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th February 2022, 21:31   #498
Senior - BHPian

Range anxiety put to rest as he got 187 KMS
Sebring is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th February 2022, 17:09   #499
BHPian

Ola Hypercharger at Koramangala Ola Campus.

Added 40km range in 20mins. Still not near the promised 75km in 18mins. I think it might need software inprovements.
Attached Thumbnails
Ola S1 Electric Scooter Review-img_20220207_201423_959.jpg  

mithunkb is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 11th February 2022, 18:23   #500
Senior - BHPian

Any statistics about the number of scooters delivered till date for major cities?

I have not seen a single Ola scooter till date in Chennai, though I spend a considerable amount of time on the road during peak hours, both morning and evening. I see every other Ev brand, including some I never heard of.
Gansan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2022, 18:59   #501
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
Muni, in your case it works out to around 2 weeks of insurance that you have paid for but do not benefit from.

Given how visionary Ola is, Im sure they must have figured out some way to compensate all owners who are suffering from the same plight. I dont recall anyone sharing the solution that the company has proposed.

I received a surprise credit of Rs 236 Rs onto my account on 9th Feb 2022. Not sure of its the insurance refund for the couple of extra weeks or some goodwill credit. Don't know if the pro rata amount for 2 weeks would be that high if one were to calculate.
muni is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2022, 10:42   #502
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
Any statistics about the number of scooters delivered till date for major cities?

I have not seen a single Ola scooter till date in Chennai, though I spend a considerable amount of time on the road during peak hours, both morning and evening. I see every other Ev brand, including some I never heard of.
No such city-wise numbers are available. Maybe we need to check specific RTOs in Vahan but those also won't give actual deliveries as Vaahan does not count temp registrations.

For the first time after deliveries started on Dec 15th, Ola's Vahan numbers are higher than Ather's.

February Vaahan numbers as of today (Feb 12th):

Ather = 1,218
Ola = 1,244

Vahan numbers do count only permanent registrations. Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Madhya Pradesh are not part of Vahan. Actual deliveries for each month will be much higher than Vahan as in many states deliveries are still happening with TR.
sri_tesla is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2022, 12:36   #503
BHPian

I think Ola will have somewhat sorted its delivery system in a couple of month and that will boost customer confidence.

I see an Ola scooter everyday on the roads. Couple of them in my area too.

Ola has to up its game and get its act together ASAP. The market potential is still there. The Volumes Ola is capable of producing is currently unmatched by the all of its competition put together.
Mafia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2022, 16:01   #504
Senior - BHPian

My brother-in-law paid the balance amount on January 21st, and has received the scooter today. He was contacted at 7.00 AM this morning and informed the scooter will arrive before lunch. He says delivery was very smooth, scooter received in perfect condition and he has already charged it to 75 %. Scooter is received with temp plates, and insurance has commenced from 4th February. That is because temp registration can be done only after it is insured. They have promised permanent registration will be completed within thirty days.

The delivery person said he is delivering about twenty vehicles every day.

Last edited by Gansan : 12th February 2022 at 16:03.
Gansan is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 13th February 2022, 00:32   #505
BHPian

Received my S1 Pro in Midnight Blue on 10th Feb. Delivery process was fairly smooth, no complaints from my side. Have only done approx 15km so far since had to travel out of town for the weekend, but I love it so far (this is my first 2W and first EV) - it rides extremely well and feel extremely smooth and silent.

Here is what my delivery timeline looked like:

Paid Final amount on 21st Jan
Documents verified on 31st Jan
Dispatched on the 2nd Feb
Insurance received on 6th Feb
Aadhar OTP on 7th Feb
Vaahan OTP on 7th Feb
Documents signed on 8th Feb
Registration sms received on 9th Feb
Fame II OTP on 10th Feb
Delivered on 10th Feb
pathik is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 13th February 2022, 22:56   #506
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by muni View Post
I received a surprise credit of Rs 236 Rs onto my account on 9th Feb 2022. Not sure of its the insurance refund for the couple of extra weeks or some goodwill credit. Don't know if the pro rata amount for 2 weeks would be that high if one were to calculate.
muni, that is good to hear. Hopefully it was the pro-rata amount that was refunded to you.

Quote:
Yes, Insurance was running for last 25 days / almost a month. I haven't really asked about it. Their explanation earlier was that it should be generated prior to initiating the registration process. I am sure they can optimise this, considering that everything is digital.

There are many process niggles (like the insurance one above), which I am planning to bring up with one of their senior management representative. If there are any useful suggestions from your end to Ola, please do inbox me & i can pass it on as well.
null, a time frame of a day or two between the generation of your insurance and the date of registration is fine. But in your case, it was close to a month which is absolutely ridiculous. You should ask for a refund of the amount on a pro-rata basis for at least 22 days.
neil.jericho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2022, 11:00   #507
Senior - BHPian

I see OLA has done almost 1000 new registrations (Vahan data does not include few states) in the last week. Glad that they reached this position within one year of starting their factory construction. Hope they streamline all processes in few months, ramp up production.

07-Feb-2022 --> 1517
14-Feb-2022 --> 2488
SKC-auto is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2022, 11:07   #508
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Range anxiety put to rest as he got 187 KMS https://Youtu.be/-5Y7IiEQJFo
Isn't this the same lad who got kicked out of OLA factory premises since he had trespassed into it for his own Vlog?
Old 14th February 2022, 11:48   #509
Senior - BHPian

Looks like both are getting along well now, since he has made tons of videos on the OLA scooter
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
Isn't this the same lad who got kicked out of OLA factory premises since he had trespassed into it for his own Vlog?
Old 14th February 2022, 12:15   #510
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKC-auto View Post
I see OLA has done almost 1000 new registrations (Vahan data does not include few states) in the last week. Glad that they reached this position within one year of starting their factory construction. Hope they streamline all processes in few months, ramp up production.

07-Feb-2022 --> 1517
14-Feb-2022 --> 2488
Yes, Ola registrations are growing at a rapid pace for the last week. But still, Vahan is not a proper representation of the current pace of deliveries, especially for Ola. If you see February numbers, more than half are from Maharashtra and Karnataka only. Even in Karnataka, they are delivering with temp registrations outside Bangalore.

It will definitely be interesting to see the progress over the next few months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Looks like both are getting along well now, since he has made tons of videos on the OLA scooter
Nah. He is just another clickbait youtuber who even lies for clicks. There is a reason why they do this. His Ola range test normal mode video got 400K+ views but his positive videos won't even cross 50K views. Negativity pays handsomely for these yotubers. Worst thing is he was lying to get more clicks. His dashboard clearly indicated that his top speed was 117 kmph but he claimed he did his entire range in normal mode which has top speed of 80 kmph. Average speed was 56 kmph but for most of the ride in the video his speed was 30 kmph, so to get his average speed to 56 kmph he must have clearly rode at 100 kmph which he cut off from the video.
sri_tesla is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks