Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2022, 06:45   #526
BHPian

Re: Ola S1 Electric Scooter Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierra__foxtrot View Post

Coming to the after sales, last week I had an incident with the bike wherein I had engaged the side stand and went to open my house gate. After 2 - 3 seconds, I turn back to a thud sound and to my horror the bike is on the ground. Once I picked it up, I noticed some deep paint scratches and marks on the body panel and the brake handle broken and a lot of panel gaps, which I fixed by using force. The culprit here is the poorly engineered side stand.
Any way you can post a video of the side stand disengaging. Read your post and went to have a closer look at my side stand. It looked very solid so just curious to see how yours is disengaging with such ease.

Our scooter also took a small tumble but that was due to our mistake so got the brake lever fixed on our dime. But again I would agree with you the customer service is quite terrible. It takes a lot of follow up to get things done to our satisfaction.

To our other members using this as a chance to EV bash, please do keep in mind bad customer service is not because its an EV, its because Ola does not have its processes in place. Please do not confuse one for the other.

Last edited by Axe77 : 8th March 2022 at 12:04. Reason: Trimming quoted text and fixing minor typo
fuzzydealhunter is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th March 2022, 20:14   #527
BHPian

I got my Ola S1 on Sunday (6th March) around 2 PM. The delivery team instructed that I charge upto 100% (it showed 80%). I promptly charged this upto 100% and did a 1 Km on Sunday evening. The next ride was today (Tuesday, 8th March. The range showed 97 km when I left my residence and I had probably travelled about 19 km. The range showed 79 Km when I parked and when I returned an hour and a half later, it showed 77 km. I was shocked beyond belief when after riding appx 1 km, it gave me a warning to charge the vehicle. The charge according to the panel was 0 !!! Tried calling Ola Support and it was MOST frustrating. I got connected after an hour and a half on the call and the support person organised for a tow to my residence. I must mention that I travelled only in NORMAL mode and did not use the Sport mode. The time spent on getting connected to OLA support was greater than the time spent waiting for the tow to arrive. Clearly OLA has to do something about the wait times for a breakdown. You just can't wait for an hour and a half to just get on to the line. There were several people who asked me the issue and I had to tell them that the total mileage on the vehicle was a mere 19 Kms and I had a zero charge on this. Till date the scooter has done 23 Kms in all. OLA support reached out to me and asked me to charge the vehicle for12 hours straight. The vehicle is on charge at home currently. I must mention that looking at the range of 99kms on the panel, I thought that the trip of less than 40 Km would be easily done. So I didn't take the charger along with me. The lesson is now learnt. But more importantly, why did the vehicle with a charge equalling 97 Km and then 77 Km subsequently get to zero? This is a question that needs answering. I understand that a technician from OLA would be visiting me tomorrow to update the system and do a performance check. I will post on the forum the findings of the visit later. Some fellow BHPians posted that they did a system reset and things worked fine subsequently. I too did the system reset (twice), but nothing came out of it. Will post more after the technicians visit.
Regards, Balaji

Last edited by Bsimhan : 8th March 2022 at 20:17.
Bsimhan is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 9th March 2022, 20:45   #528
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierra__foxtrot View Post

Once I calmed myself down to the fact a 1 month unregistered bike is damaged I tried calling the customer care but hey "ALL OUR AGENTS ARE BUSY, PLEASE CALL AGAIN LATER" message popped up. The next day the same message and the same continues for the next 5 freaking days. Finally out of the blue an agent picked up the phone on the 6th day and registered the complaint. The follow up was quite quick and I was assigned a person who patiently listened to all my issues. However before proceeding he wanted to have a look at the damage himself and the next day he did show up and fortunately for me the stand did collapse right in front of him again while he was present. Seemingly convinced, he told me they will have to change the entire back panel of the bike since for some reason Ola decided to give the back panel as one single unit which stretches from one side and goes all the way to the other side and it even wraps around the tail lamps .
I feel this is going to be a major bane of the Ola's "no dealers" sales strategy. With the dealers, the thing is atleast the customer has a POC to lodge his complaints and concerns. With these "helplines" (if you can call it ) the customer is left at mercy of customer care lords ! I certainly don't like waiting for these guys for even 10 minutes. I can't imagine how frustrating it would have been for you to keep calling 5 days in a row ! Ola needs to get hold of these things now otherwise lot of potential buyers will switch to EVs from mainstream manufacturers (if and when they come )
PS - sorry about damage to your scoot, hope it gets sorted ASAP.

On the accessories bit - has Ola introduced the saree step for ladies yet ? Or has anyone managed to get it installed aftermarket ? I really like this scoot but the lack of this important feature is the sole reason keeping me from buying it !
Akshay6988 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th March 2022, 20:44   #529
Senior - BHPian

Ola Electric to launch S1 Pro in new colour called Gerua, it will be available exclusively on 17th and 18th March only.

Ola S1 Electric Scooter Review-20220314_204108.jpg

Purchase window opens for reservers on 17th March and for everyone else on 18th only, and can change the color already chosen to Gerua too.

Ola S1 Electric Scooter Review-smartselect_20220314204910_twitter.jpg

Link

Last edited by Venkatesh : 14th March 2022 at 20:51.
Venkatesh is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th March 2022, 10:52   #530
Senior - BHPian

Looks like this time no partial payments of 20K, pay full amount to order the scooter, even those who did not reserve by paying 499₹ can order their scooter on 18th March.

Name:  Screenshot_20220315_104952.jpg
Views: 1109
Size:  105.0 KB
Old 15th March 2022, 12:29   #531

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bsimhan View Post
I will post on the forum the findings of the visit later. Some fellow BHPians posted that they did a system reset and things worked fine subsequently. I too did the system reset (twice), but nothing came out of it. Will post more after the technicians visit.
Regards, Balaji
Balaji - Has the issue you reported been resolved? What did the technician say about it? It is ridiculous for the charge % to drop from 77 to Zero in a jiffy. Keep us posted.
Old 15th March 2022, 21:16   #532
BHPian

When I bought the scooter, OLA advertised the final amount after deducting the Delhi Government Subsidy(Rs. 15000). But upon further taking this up, it seems only dealers can use the Delhi Government website to get refunds to customers, which OLA has none. There is only a dealer Login. Does anyone know how to claim the Delhi Government State EV subsidy? Is there an online process or do we have to visit the RTO? Mails to OLA are unhelpful and they are avoiding this question with replies which are semi automated.

Thanks
electric.O is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2022, 12:45   #533
BHPian

I tried to make payment for my S1. However I was shocked to see my booking has been changed by ola to S1 pro...

This is really bad thing by OLA..

How come they changed my body without my knowledge?..
pogo0120 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th March 2022, 14:25   #534
Distinguished - BHPian

I came across this video today.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1503777973492617216

After that issue of scooter moving in reverse when it is not supposed to... this is another dangerous issue. Not sure what happened later but hope it is solved
hemanth.anand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th March 2022, 15:13   #535
Senior - BHPian

In-house developed MoveOS 2.0 coming this April end with key features.

Ola S1 Electric Scooter Review-smartselect_20220317151259_twitter.jpg

Last edited by Venkatesh : 17th March 2022 at 15:17.
Old 17th March 2022, 16:10   #536
Senior - BHPian

Wonder why the scooter is doing only the dangerous stuff (And the unthinkable gaffes). As if it has a mind of its own
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
I came across this video today. After that issue of scooter moving in reverse when it is not supposed to... this is another dangerous issue. Not sure what happened later but hope it is solved
Old 17th March 2022, 17:45   #537
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Wonder why the scooter is doing only the dangerous stuff (And the unthinkable gaffes). As if it has a mind of its own
Poor quality control. Its not just about checking if connectors are firmly fixed but they should make sure its not swapped.

This is why they should hire people who love doing their jobs and have a basic understanding of how stuff in a machine works.
aim120 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th March 2022, 19:33   #538
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
I came across this video today.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1503777973492617216

After that issue of scooter moving in reverse when it is not supposed to... this is another dangerous issue. Not sure what happened later but hope it is solved
The owner of the scooter himself replied to this tweet saying that it was not due to new OTA update. It happened due to the indicator connector interchanged while assembling.

Source:
https://twitter.com/HabeebuRahman/st...62631255105538

Youtube video (2 months old) showing the issue and Ola fixing it at home:
sri_tesla is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th March 2022, 19:44   #539
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pogo0120 View Post
I tried to make payment for my S1.
===
How come they changed my body without my knowledge?..
Same with me. Even my initial booking was S1 but auto upgraded to S1 Pro and no option to change back to S1 now. Very bad tactics by OLA
Old 17th March 2022, 23:21   #540
Senior - BHPian

So the first price hike is here (I'm expecting more in the future once they iron out all the issues or may be even without fixing them). Perhaps prices may shoot by 5-10k for now? Would love to know what bhpians who have reserved the scooter are planning to do given you have to pay up max by tomorrow.

Ola S1 Electric Scooter Review-ola.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks