Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2023, 19:38   #916
BHPian

Re: Ola S1 Electric Scooter Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by tech_rider View Post
I am also seeing efficiency of just 1%/km in my s1 pro. I ride 40-60 range mostly in normal mode, occasionally in sports mode on 70s. I think this less range might have to do with hot climate in chennai and my weight (80kg). I estimate max 110-115 in normal mode (including last 15% in mandatory eco mode) if i drive sedative.
I'm almost certain that it's because of the ambient temperature. My battery temperature constantly shows 35°C for the past 1-2 months, while previously it'd show somewhere around 30-33°C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiteshBhandari View Post
If anyone has opted out, please help understand the process.
Hi Hitesh, from what I understand this 'Performance update' isn't really an add-on and it's the same case with Ather. This is another loophole to get the ex showroom price under a limit specified by subsidy norms. Honestly nobody knows what is actually upgraded with this package. If I'm right the companies quote this as an extra to keep the effective exshowrrom under the subsidy eligibility threshold and then push this 'optional' pack as standard with no way to opt out. I've seen some tweets from people complaining that there's no way to opt out of performance upgrade.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicCharcoal View Post
I am quite surprised with this range. I was hoping that the pro model with 4kWh battery would give better range.

So they are also not exactly sure about the process.
I'm surprised too but it all comes down to usage pattern and environmental factors so I suppose it will perform as intended if I wish to adhere proper EV driving techniques, which I may try once the climate becomes a bit colder.
And regarding the process to opt out of performance upgrade, I think they aren't sure about the process because they have no such process. I've tried to dig the booking window and there's no window that has an option to select/deselect performance upgrade.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tech_rider View Post
Got an email today from ola electric asking to submit bank account details
I have received an email too, and I have submitted my claim let's see how long they take for this one. If they refund it sooner, then the value for money factor with our S1 Pros is insane. The total cost of my scooter was around 1.4lacs including insurance and if you less somewhere around 10k India's fastest gearless scooter with more features than a brand new Citroën C3 is just 10-15k more expensive than an Activa 6G or just a little expensive compared to Ntorq race edition
It'll be interesting to see how EV2W sales drop after June 1st because the government decided to wakeup and hit hard with lesser subsidy benefits.
Old 26th May 2023, 07:28   #917
BHPian

Its such a good looking scooter, design language makes it look very coherent and futuristic.

I wish it was little wider though, as it looks puny because of narrow body.
Old 28th June 2023, 11:19   #918
BHPian

Okay, question to fellow s1 owners. I had purchased an S1 probably the first batch after waiting for 8 months in Jan last year, so its been nearly 1.5 years and I have not yet done a routine check or a service check up on my S1, definitely its not normal, so maybe can someone shed some light on this regard on how does the OLA service interval work?, since I don't feel comfortable driving it without getting it checked throughly once.
Old 28th June 2023, 14:05   #919
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierra__foxtrot View Post
Okay, question to fellow s1 owners. I had purchased an S1 probably the first batch after waiting for 8 months in Jan last year, so its been nearly 1.5 years and I have not yet done a routine check or a service check up on my S1, definitely its not normal, so maybe can someone shed some light on this regard on how does the OLA service interval work?, since I don't feel comfortable driving it without getting it checked throughly once.
Ola doesn't have a routine checkup schedule like other brands. Go only when you face problems. Your warranty won't be affected. You can raise a service request anyway. It's upto you.
Old 5th August 2023, 14:33   #920
BHPian

I have been riding S1 Pro for the last 1 month. I mostly ride in sports mode and get 110 range with full charge.

But when I am riding, the speed shown on display doesn't feel quite correct to me. Many a times the speedo shows 70+ but I personally feel I may not be doing such speeds. I have read that the speed shown is based on GPS rather than a speed cable from the wheel. Has any one tested to check if the speed shown matches with what other similar vehicles show. ??.
Old 6th August 2023, 15:49   #921
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierra__foxtrot View Post
Like other ola riders mentioned there are no scheduled maintenance required. But as part of ola care plus, I see they mention something like a full diagnostics on of the scooter at end of year. This makes me think if anyone can opt paid version of same. In the end it would give people peace of mind that scooter is safe, just like our routine annual health checkup
Old 6th August 2023, 18:14   #922
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaanSingh View Post
Its such a good looking scooter, design language makes it look very coherent and futuristic.

I wish it was little wider though, as it looks puny because of narrow body.
Ola is coming up with a bigger scooter with similar design language. May be revealed on 15th August.
Ola S1 Electric Scooter Review-screenshot_20230806181228607_com.twitter.android.jpg

https://twitter.com/bhash/status/168...sLzqZ61yA&s=19
souravdas808 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2023, 18:37   #923
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamsi.kona View Post
I have been riding S1 Pro for the last 1 month. I mostly ride in sports mode and get 110 range with full charge.

But when I am riding, the speed shown on display doesn't feel quite correct to me. Many a times the speedo shows 70+ but I personally feel I may not be doing such speeds. I have read that the speed shown is based on GPS rather than a speed cable from the wheel. Has any one tested to check if the speed shown matches with what other similar vehicles show. ??.
Even I felt the same thing and checked it out when riding my s1 in parallel to some other bikes and it looks like there is a error of about +7kmph at a speed of ~50kmph. Sp basically the bike shows a higher speed even though we are going slower.
Ev_junkie is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th August 2023, 09:22   #924
BHPian

An recent article from the-ken on Ola's servicing (rather, lack of) strategy.
It appears that they have far less man-power and service stations than would be required. A topic that may become more prominent as the scooters age.
Quote:
A former Ola Electric employee told The Ken that the company started off servicing operations with 750 technicians, but the number dwindled as people started leaving. They estimate that the company needs around 1,500 technicians to cater to the 250,000-odd scooters cruising the roads.
Quote:
As its initial models outgrow their 3-year or 40,000-kilometres warranty period, any unwelcome run-ins with after-sales assistance could soon deliver a hefty blow to the buyers’ wallets.
Ola S1 Electric Scooter Review-ola.png
Link: https://the-ken.com/story/ola-chose-...ajaj-disagrees
Old 8th August 2023, 08:36   #925
Senior - BHPian

I haven't yet seen the Ola S1 embellished with garish chrome 'railings' quite unlike the ICE scooters. Small mercies, but is it due to lack of aftermarket accessories or fitment constraints?
Old 8th August 2023, 11:00   #926
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitewing View Post
An recent article from the-ken on Ola's servicing (rather, lack of) strategy.
It appears that they have far less man-power and service stations than would be required. A topic that may become more prominent as the scooters age.
My BIL has a Feb'22 model S1 Pro. Last Sunday he went by the scooter for a function in the evening. When he started back around 9 PM the scooter wouldn't start. It was unlocking from the mobile app, but upon pressing the power button nothing happened. It could not be rebooted as well.

After trying for quite sometime he registered a complaint for road side assistance, but was informed someone could come only at 12 AM! So he fixed up time for the next morning and returned home leaving the scooter at the venue itself. The technician who arrived the next day couldn't start it either, so they have taken the scooter away saying they will call after opening a job card. Till now there is no call from them. My bil says he passes the service centre at Guindy every day and could always see a lot of scooters outside.
Gansan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th August 2023, 17:05   #927
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
My bil says he passes the service centre at Guindy every day and could always see a lot of scooters outside.
Yes, all of them are there for front fork replacement. At least 95% of them. I got my center stand fixed over there 2 weeks ago but I'm unable to post my full experience of all my observations, but I plan to post it soon.

Attachment 2487398

Looks like leaks of the new scooters that are bound to be revealed on 15th August at Ola Future Factory have gone too far!
Honestly speaking it feels good to see Bhavish having a taste of his own medicine. Breach of trust and unethical behavior.
The replies are hilarious seeing Bhavish experience what the customers are experiencing after purchasing an OLA.

I saw these images and a few extra close up photos of the new S1Pro but refrained to share as it was not official, but oh well it is now an official leak.

As far as I observed, the new S1pro gets a flat footboard, new taillights similar to the S1 air, a new grab handle, a more open belt drive(similar to how ather's belt drive looks and dual rear shocks. But subjectively it now looks more cluttered as current S1 Pro looks clean with all the mechanical components confined to one side of the scooter, and an enclosed belt drive system.

I was hoping for Move OS4 leaks but I guess we have to wait and watch.
Buzzaper is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2023, 17:56   #928
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzaper View Post
Yes, all of them are there for front fork replacement. At least 95% of them.
The date given for his front suspension replacement is 24th Aug, so he has requested them to do that job also, now that the scooter is at their workshop. They have agreed under the condition they will require two extra days for the job.

But they haven't even diagnosed the current problem, saying it seems to be a board issue which they need to look in to. No job card is raised yet.

What is in your attachment? It is not opening.

Last edited by Gansan : 8th August 2023 at 17:59.
Old 8th August 2023, 19:33   #929
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
What is in your attachment? It is not opening.
It was a screenshot of Bhavish's latest tweet. He was pissed off and disappointed because of some auto journalist's behaviour who leaked the new range of Ola scooters ahead of Independence day launch. As the attachment is glitched, I'm pasting the link to the original tweet https://twitter.com/bhash/status/1688618396802494474
Old 13th August 2023, 20:03   #930
BHPian

Tried connecting the phone to the USB port of the s1 to charge it during a prolonged powercut one day and the plastic port holder got broken and the usb port is no longer visible.

As I have a care+ plan subscription I tried scheduling a service checkup at my home twice. Nobody visited or even bothered to call me for my appointment. Finally have scheduled a appointment to visit the service center. The service truly needs to improve.
Attached Thumbnails
Ola S1 Electric Scooter Review-20230725_162248.jpg  

Ev_junkie is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks