Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2024, 12:13   #961
BHPian

Re: Ola S1 Electric Scooter Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinu2506 View Post
Was saddened to see an abandoned S1 Pro in Bangalore. The rear view mirrors were missing but otherwise seemed to be in good nick. Guess it will be a matter of time before it is fully vandalised
Abandoned.?? Isn't it normal procedure for police to look at vehicles if they are left in public places with no body knowing the information of the owner? Of course the locals in the area should report first if they see the vehicle there and don't know who it belongs to. It can be a security issue isn't it.
Old 3rd February 2024, 16:19   #962
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamsi.kona View Post
Abandoned.?? Isn't it normal procedure for police to look at vehicles if they are left in public places with no body knowing the information of the owner? Of course the locals in the area should report first if they see the vehicle there and don't know who it belongs to. It can be a security issue isn't it.
In Bangalore atleast, the police don't bother with abandoned vehicles. In case one is persistent, they will "offer" to use their tow vehicle to move the abandoned vehicle. for a cost of course.
Old 16th February 2024, 17:19   #963
Distinguished - BHPian

Ola has announced a liberal price cut on it's S1 range - by Rs. 25000/-; but the catch is that the price cut is available only for the month of February.

Quote:
E-scooter maker Ola Electric has cut the price of its S1 range of Ola Electric scooters by Rs 25,000, the company said on Friday. The revised prices will be effective in February only, Ola said.

Price of the Ola S1 X+ has been cut from Rs 1.09 lakh to Rs 84,999.

Price of Ola S1 Air has been cut from Rs 1.19 lakh to Rs 1.05 lakh.
Source: https://economictimes.indiatimes.com...3.cms?from=mdr
Old 16th February 2024, 19:32   #964
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Ola has announced a liberal price cut on it's S1 range - by Rs. 25000/-; but the catch is that the price cut is available only for the month of February.
Seriously good pricing, may buy one this week S1 Pro model
Old 22nd February 2024, 10:32   #965
BHPian

Sold my S1 after using it for nearly 1.5yrs. My mother got worried about the fire risk associated with the battery after watching some news video that shows a burnt ola s1 in the family whatsapp group. Sadly couldn't convince her to change her mind as we live in a rented house and any damage to property might be difficult financially to bear.

Ola is a good scooter but it would have been good if they shared the investigation results of whatever fire accidents happened and the steps taken to resolve them. That would have really helped instill confidence in the product.

Sold my Ola to a friend and finally got the chance to buy a used cbr250r which has been my dream bike since college. Using it for office commute now and occasional weekend rides.

Last edited by Ev_junkie : 22nd February 2024 at 10:36.
Old 1st March 2024, 07:06   #966
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravdas808 View Post
Seriously good pricing, may buy one this week S1 Pro model
I had booked one in December but cancelled. Ultimately as I was a bit concerned about the quality and wanted to look at alternatives like River. However, after doing test drive of River, Ather 450x, I felt Ola is still the best by far. So I booked again and should be getting delivery in the next few days.

My 450 is coming up to almost 5 years of ownership. It’s been a mixed bag. There are aspects that I absolutely love, but the range, comfort is really getting to me. So looking forward to a change with the Ola.
Old 1st March 2024, 07:25   #967
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep_bang View Post
Just to give an idea, when accelerating nominally (not in sports mode) my Ola's power consumption is about 1 to 2 kw.

Is it 1 to 2kw per minute or per km? Sorry for the silly question. I am not aware of how this metric works.

Last edited by sridhga : 1st March 2024 at 07:29.
Old 1st March 2024, 07:32   #968
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhga View Post
Is it 1 to 2kw per minute or per km? Sorry for the silly question. I am not aware of how this metric works.
Kilowatt is a unit of power which is Joules per second. Its like saying a 100 watts bulb takes 100 joules of energy per second. Or a 2 Kw heater for example. Similarly, when 'moderately' accelerating, the Ola takes 1 to 2 Kw of power.

Just to also relate to KWHour, it means that if a 1 KW appliance or unit is used for 1 hour, it means it has used 1KiloWattHour, which is nothing but One Unit of electricity as our meters at home measures.

So, one way to express 'mileage' would be to express the consumption in terms of kWh/ km. Or WattHour /km.

Last edited by deep_bang : 1st March 2024 at 07:39.
deep_bang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2024, 10:08   #969
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

The discounts offered by OLA are very lucrative, to say the least. With a Rs.17,500 discount on the S1 Pro Gen 2 bringing its price down to Rs.1.29,999 (which is surprisingly the launch price back in 2021), Rs.15,000 off on the S1 Air bringing its price down to Rs.1,04,999 (Rs.5,000 lower than its launch price of Rs.1,09,999) and Rs.25,000 (claimed by Ola) discount on the S1 X+ (albeit it was selling for Rs.89,999 from December 2023 to February 2nd, 2024, and Rs. 99,999 from February 3rd to February 15th, so whichever way you look at, the real discount is only an extra Rs.5,000 to Rs.15,000). Moreover, the 8-year/80.000 km FREE battery warranty also inspires confidence. Now the only major factor to be taken care of is the service network and quality which will hopefully improve in the coming quarter (owing to an almost 50% increase in the number of service centres as claimed by Ola). Moreover, with a 10X increase in fast chargers from 1,000 to 10,000 in the next quarter, charging is also taken care of.

So, with such great prices, warranty, and improving the network, I too put my money down on the OLA S1 PRO GEN 2 and will receive it this week. As I can see the offers are continuing into March, so anyone looking for an Ola at the discounted prices can still get their hands on one this month.

Now, coming to the point of Sales, The Offers have brought in excellent sales for Ola, there are no two ways about it, with the way sales were going till February 15, Ola would not have achieved great numbers and would have just beaten TVS for first place, and Ola wasn't willing to let its sales slide below the 30,000 mark so with the huge discounts and benefits offered, Ola posted its highest sales in FY 2023-24, and I am sure if these discounts continue till the end of March, they will better the sales of February, maybe even cross the 40k mark.

Ola S1 Electric Scooter Review-c35181ef80714fb5a3c9a8fe89b12f81_march1top25e2woemsvahan.jpg
bijims is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2024, 10:56   #970
BANNED

For those seeking an OLA scooter, There are offers on L&T financial services EMI scheme where you get a free Boat Smartwatch along with your new OLA scooter purchase irrespective of model, Women customers are eligible to get OLA scooters @ 5.55% rate of interest, all customers are eligible for loans at zero processing fees, and zero downpayment, and an instant 5% discount upto Rs.5,000 on Credit Card EMIs.

If you are looking to exchange your old two-wheeler, you can get an exchange value of upto Rs.40,000 or more depending on the condition of your vehicle.

Now, as regards the FAME-II subsidy, there still isn't clarity on whether there will be any extension, but there is a chance that it will be extended till July, for the sake of convenience of the customers, after which the Full Budget will present a new Subsidy scheme, However, in the case that the subsidy is paused from April 2024 to July 2024, Ola electric will have the least impact, with the maximum price hike bring current discounts being reversed, i.e. the generation 2 scooters (S1 PRO, S1 AIR AND GEN 2) will revert to their original prices of Rs.1,47,499, 1,19,999 and 99,999 respectively.

However, to keep demand in check Ola may also keep prices down by just extending prices by 10k from the current prices, i.e. S1 Pro at 1,39,999, S1 AIR at 1,14.999 and S1 X+ at 89,999 or 94,999.

Kindly note that these are rumoured prices and nothing is official until OLA Electric o announces the same on their official handles. However, the offers and discounts are in effect and continuing till 31st March, so for those of you who don't want to take the risk, you can happily purchase an OLA before March 31st, and if you need further assistance on the same including offers, purchase assistance, or the like, kindly post below on the forum for the benefit of the community.

P.S. I hope these are within the forum guidelines and I intend to only help prospective customers in their purchase journey and to help them avail the best deal
yedukrishnan199 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2024, 15:34   #971
BHPian

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C30FJ...VvbXNsMTV4ZA==

Another ola catches fire.
Old 4th April 2024, 04:55   #972
BHPian

It’s been a few weeks since I took the delivery of my stellar blue Ola Gen 2 S1 Pro. I had booked the scooter on Feb 27 and was supposed to get delivery by March 13 but ended up getting it on March 8. A few observations

Fit and finish (5/10) - The charger port feels like an after market unit. At the service centre, I had the opportunity to test the port on S1 pro Gen 1 and it was perfectly fine. There are other panel gaps elsewhere

Drive train (8/10) - I have a Ather 450 which I got in March 2019. Compared to that, the Ola is a revelation, the engine is super smooth and has much better performance. One of the thrills is to move the mode from Normal to Sport to Hyper when on the move and the rush in speed is addictive. It gets to 80-90 in no time and stays there. However, unlike my Ather where the throttle response is immediate, this has an initial lag which can be disconcerting. I’ve got used to it now

Range (9/10) - One of the USPs was the range which was supposed to be 195 under ideal conditions and 130 km under real life. To test this, I took it on a test ride on the new STRR along with a couple of friends on their big bikes. They were zooming at speeds in excess of 100 kmph and I followed with a long stretch at 90 kmph. The way the range was falling was alarming and I slowed down to speeds of 60-70. At the midway point (Bellary Road), I was down to around 49% after 56 km. On the return, I decided to come back via Bellary Road so that I have access to a hyper charger. I reached RT Nagar with around 8% (more on this trip below). A subsequent day had me riding around 110 km at reasonable speeds and I reached home with around 10% charge. So, I believe the real range is around 120 km.

Practicality (10/10) - The large boot is a real benefit. I have been able to put everything that I take during my intra city rides, a messenger bag, bottle of water and other bits and ends. With the wide flat floorboard in front, I can pretty much replace my car for most purposes.

Comfort (7/10) - The seat is a lot better than the Ather. As mentioned above, I have done a couple of 100 km days and been none the worse for it. This would have been unthinkable on my Ather with its sloping seat. When I ride the Ather now, it feels like a gen old product that it is. The suspension is nothing much to write about, there is hardly any travel and bad roads make their presence felt.

Reliability (6/10) - This was one of the concerns that I had about the scooter. I’ve had one really bad experience that happened during my STRR run. I put in on the hyper charger and went for a coffee after ensuring that the scooter was charging. However, after 45 minutes, I returned to find that it had not charged at all. When I unplugged, the scooter became unresponsive and the display was blank. I tried restarting the scooter and could make out that the screen was very dim but unresponsive when entering the pin. So I called the customer care for a pickup. It was a 30-45 minute wait for the truck. During this time, I decided to retry the restart procedure and lo and behold after 20-25 minutes, I found the screen to be a lot brighter and I was able to unlock and start the scooter. I cancelled the RSA and rode to a nearby showroom where I was able to top up enough to reach home. This has not happened again. I wonder if it had something to do with my high speed range run. To be on the safer side, I have set a reminder to restart the scooter on a weekly basis.

Service (1/10) - This has been the worst part of the experience. I have had a noise from the front which is persistent. It seems to be from the disc as it is connected to the wheel rotation. I have tried everything over the past 2 weeks, tweets, customer service nothing has worked. Their home service technician never comes, I tried going to the service centre and gave up given the crowd and disorganisation. Given the sound I am wary of riding it too fast until it is diagnosed and repaired. This has completely ruined an otherwise positive experience for me.
jaganm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2024, 22:24   #973

Hi,

I ran into a very weird issue today on my S1 Air (less than 15 days old). The scooter wouldn't respond to throttle inputs. I charged it to 95% before starting, it went to 8kmph and then all of a sudden lost throttle response. Have tried rebooting it 5-6 times but doesn't seem to be working.

Any idea what has gone wrong and how it can be corrected?

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 11th April 2024 at 10:17. Reason: Typos and grammar.
shur_b is offline   Received Infraction
Old 9th April 2024, 23:44   #974
Senior - BHPian

^^ I guess the "throttle" is not a cable but a sensor that works by software. Seek assistance from Ola.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks