Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2022, 17:51   #346
BHPian

Re: Ola S1 Electric Scooter Review

Status on app shows "Dispatched from factory" for last few days.

They could've delivered it even by pushing it all the way as delivery location is Bangalore itself

Looks like they changed the status for all orders targetted for Dec to "Dispatched" to back their claim of being on target!!
null is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th January 2022, 18:53   #347
BHPian

And the trouble continues. Came across this article while i was browsing.

https://www.autocarindia.com/bike-ne...ecember-423132
Old 5th January 2022, 21:23   #348
BHPian

As electric scooter supporters, we must support ola. I am sure ola will succeed in long term.

Some of the problems are ola's own making.

1. Start small, scale up fast , no matter how big the plan is.

2. Start with basic model first and try to get feel of what is going on or what it takes to succeed.

3. Nonsense publicity like women only factory etc. I think India has moved beyond these gender thing. In factory like garments, infact it's other way around. Men are rejected and women are preferred. Same with medical nurse, electronic hard ware manufacturing etc.

Even Tata motors is starting small. They sold 100 odd tigor in the beginning and now they are selling over 2400 a month.

Other than these three points, we must give due credit to ola and should support whatever way possible. I don't know what way we can support, like if I pay more than a lakh rupees and see dents or scratch, even I will go mad.
pogo0120 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2022, 21:49   #349
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafia View Post
I suppose Ola will need a good 3 to 6 months to sort out the production and quality issues.

What surprises me is the amount of negativity directed towards Ola from most quarters. Some of the negative members are not even potential customers.
I recently got a Yamaha Bike and the ABS wasn't working at the time of delivery, and there were some misaligned panels with missing fasteners and the gear shift was way too hard. I escalated the issue to Yamaha and the dealer apologized and fixed the issues in front of me the next day. The ABS was a non issue as the speed sensor screw is re-attached when the bikes arrive at the dealership.

Point is, even after they sort production issues, there will still be some. What remains to be seen is how fast, easy and efficient the solutions to those issues are and I hope Ola take this negativity in the right spirit and rectify them.

I am potential buyer and constantly following electric scooter space and I don't think I will give in or recommend my near ones this scooter just yet. It is a lot of money to pay and a potential headache with constant follow ups and heated verbal communication for simple point A to B commute if things go wrong with the scooter.

Also, in India with poor consumer rights and delays in legal proceedings, negative talk/publicity is one way to keep manufacturers on their toes.

Last edited by NiInJa : 5th January 2022 at 21:51.
NiInJa is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 6th January 2022, 15:47   #350
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pogo0120 View Post
As electric scooter supporters, we must support ola.
Sorry but why? If they make a decent product, I'll buy and that's my support. If they fail, who cares, some other EV player will come in to the market and take their place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafia View Post
Some of the negative members are not even potential customers.
So what? I can be a potential customer today, thanks to members highlighting product issues I can change my mind. As far as I can tell, no manufacturer has been spared throughout the forum across threads. That's the way a forum like ours should work!

I don't think forums like ours exist to be cheerleaders for auto manufacturers, that's actually quite contrary to what independent forums like this are for. Bring on the negative reviews guys, that helps me make up my mind more than anything else. For gushing positive spin, Ola has an advertising budget in crores and paid reviews from auto journalists. And to deal with potential slander, an army of legal talent to take up the issues no doubt.

All we- independent consumers in a country not known for enforcing consumer protection laws or for speedy legal redress- have is an independent forum like this one. Let's not dilute our biggest strength by becoming cheerleaders for any auto manufacturer and negating other members' bad experiences with a brand - whichever brand that might be.

Last edited by am1m : 6th January 2022 at 15:50.
am1m is online now   (12) Thanks
Old 6th January 2022, 16:32   #351
BHPian

Ola Electric is now producing almost 1,000 scooters per day as per the CEO.

Name:  perday1.PNG
Views: 617
Size:  856.2 KB

Source:
https://twitter.com/bhash/status/1479040382885236737
sri_tesla is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 6th January 2022, 22:13   #352
BHPian

Ola Electric producing nearly 1,000 e-scooters every day: Bhavish Aggarwal - https://auto.hindustantimes.com/auto...465939025.html

If above is true, I think this is an achievement.

Congrats and wish ola best of luck.
pogo0120 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2022, 22:22   #353
BHPian

Also, following is the new upcoming technology. Blade batteries. Started with China Nio.

https://www.electrive.com/2022/01/05...-battery-cell/

These blade cells are good fit for bounce. This is half metres wide and scalar.

Iron phosphate, good temperature performance, price cheap and density approaching lithium Nickle.

Good thing about iron phosphate is that it can be fully charged.
Old 6th January 2022, 22:34   #354
BHPian

Got my S1 pro delivered today. Second one in the state but I have been told they are delivering another 25 tomorrow.

I have found the built quality on par with what an Ather has. The scooter is lots of fun to drive but need to get used to turning with it. It feels different, which I am guessing is due to the difference in weight distribution when compared to that of my regular ride which is an Activa. The hyper mode is a beast and I did not feel comfortable pushing it to higher speeds unless I was on a highway. Will update with more tidbits as I notice them. I did not have enough time today to go on a longer ride.
fuzzydealhunter is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 6th January 2022, 23:36   #355
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzydealhunter View Post
Got my S1 pro delivered today...
Congratulations. Guess you are the first one to get it here on TBHP.

When was it dispatched from the factory (date when the status changed to "dispatched" in the app)?
Old 7th January 2022, 07:54   #356
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by null View Post
Congratulations. Guess you are the first one to get it here on TBHP.

When was it dispatched from the factory (date when the status changed to "dispatched" in the app)?
The dispatch date changes a good week or 2 before. I think Ola marketing team in the overzealousness to meet deadlines has been pushing too much communication to its customers. I personally am not that offended by a 6 day delay from 31dec but I know some customer are.

I think their marketing department is doing them more harm than good at this point. Just keeping quite and proving by actions is what I feel is needed of the hour at Ola.
fuzzydealhunter is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th January 2022, 18:44   #357
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post

So what? I can be a potential customer today, thanks to members highlighting product issues I can change my mind. As far as I can tell, no manufacturer has been spared throughout the forum across threads. That's the way a forum like ours should work!
Chill man!

I have voiced my observation! you can disagree and not get offended!

I have my purchase window coming up and not sure if we will go into a lockdown before that. Not confident about picking up the scooter just before a lock down and be stuck with a lemon and no chance of repair or usage.
Old 7th January 2022, 22:48   #358
BHPian

When I look at photos of electric scooters parked, sometimes, I wonder, something is going on.

Following is what we read about Ather in Jan/Feb of this 2021.

Ather Energy began operations at its brand-new production facility in Hosur, Tamil Nadu, on January 2, 2021, and this is the first time that the company has allowed cameras into its new facility. We give you a glimpse of its new production facility.

Hosur plant serves as Ather’s national manufacturing hub

Facility has annual capacity of 1,10,000 scooters

https://www.autocarindia.com/bike-ne...t-hosur-419925

This means, monthly production of around 10,000 units.
Even after full one year of operation in 2021, the total vehicles sold by Ather in December month is 1K+. Nowhere near 10K per month, the capacity of plant. When the plant was opened, we were shown following picture, where Ather two wheelers are parked everywhere in factory. Now OLA is showing similar photo. No doubt, Ather is a very good product, I am proud of it, being from Bangalore. However, something is not right, when it comes to actual sales or deliveries.

Something is fishy everywhere, when it comes to electric vehicles, other than Tata Nexon. Tata is dead consistent with their numbers and growth. I hope OLA proves me wrong.
Attached Thumbnails
Ola S1 Electric Scooter Review-atherfactory3.jpg  

pogo0120 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th January 2022, 07:52   #359
BHPian

Ola S1 Electric Scooter Review-img_3593.jpg

Had a DM request for the input information for the charger. Hope this helps.
fuzzydealhunter is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th January 2022, 09:36   #360
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sri_tesla View Post
Ola Electric is now producing almost 1,000 scooters per day as per the CEO.

Source:
https://twitter.com/bhash/status/1479040382885236737
I don't get this window business. Have they completed delivery for all the customers in the first window? Did Ola get only 4000 full paying customers?

My window for purchase opens on Jan 15th. Will I get my delivery in 3-4 days as ola is now producing 1000 scooters a day?

Will Ola park the scooters that are produced for now, say 5000, parked for next 5-6 days and ship it without quality checks? The issues reported by customers sometimes are so basic, it is obvious there is no QC happening at any level. The pressure to ship upon assembly seems high.

Or this is just a photoshop job. There is a big gap in reality and pictures.
Mafia is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed