Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2022, 12:33   #511
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ola S1 Electric Scooter Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sri_tesla View Post
But still, Vahan is not a proper representation of the current pace of deliveries, especially for Ola.
True

Quote:
Nah. He is just another clickbait Youtuber who even lies for clicks.
He keeps saying when it comes to reviewing he only gives genuine opinion, next video does a bogus range test.
Old 14th February 2022, 13:38   #512
Senior - BHPian

Any idea when is next round of purchase? Last I remember they said they will open up in January but I did not get any notification on the app.
Old 15th February 2022, 07:39   #513
Senior - BHPian

I dont know where my is my S1 Pro. It was dispatched on 1st Feb. Still no update about insurance or registration. Here in Pune, vehicles dispatched on 3rd Feb got delivered but I have no clue about how come Vehicle dispatched after me are getting delivered before mine. Ola says the vehicle in transit.
Old 17th February 2022, 15:30   #514
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tushky View Post
I dont know where my is my S1 Pro. It was dispatched on 1st Feb.
You and I both. My vehicle was "dispatched" on January 21st. Still no news of when the delivery will take place. I live in Bangalore and the call center guys who pick up the phone are clueless as to delivery. Apparently I was told that I would be contacted by Ola's Logistics Partner and that I would receive separate OTPs for Registration, FAME subsidy and Insurance and would be contacted for delivery thence. Still waiting for this. The standard message of "vehicle will take upto 3 weeks to deliver after dispatch to the logistic centre" does not hold water. I'm wondering what on earth the 'process' is that it takes over 27 days and counting.
Regards, Balaji
Bsimhan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th February 2022, 19:08   #515
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bsimhan View Post
. I'm wondering what on earth the 'process' is that it takes over 27 days and counting.
Regards, Balaji
Received a call from ola today saying that due to logistics issues, the registration process is delayed by 1 week. However they will deliver the bike before March.
tushky is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2022, 18:47   #516
Distinguished - BHPian

Test-drove my friend’s Ola S1 Pro Scooter.

Ps: This was my first scooter driving experience (first EV experience as well), pardon me for any errors made, haven’t rode any ICE scooter till date.

- Excellent drivability at low speeds, especially the initial pickup due to the instant torque.
- Easy to handle
- Reaches 50 km/h with absolute ease
- Audible indicator sounds alerts anybody walking on the road
- Regenerative braking can be used instead of braking all the time.
- Overtook a BEST bus on a pretty steep incline by just a slight twist of the throttle, with a pillion.
- Under-seat storage in massive.

Dislikes:
- Touchscreen is slow to respond, especially considering most of the functions are controlled by it, like unlocking it with a password.
- Due to the instant torque the pillion can be caught unaware at times.
- On being fully loaded the suspension bottoms out on large speedbreakers.
- The latch for the under-seat storage requires a firm slam to confirm it’s properly shut.
- I felt the brakes should’ve had slightly more bite.

Overall I feel for local travel an EV scooter makes absolute sense, the sheer torque, ease in riding make it a perfect replacement for a beater car for one person.

Ola S1 Electric Scooter Review-c72bb65b955d41f9bb17ce3a2ec0140d.jpeg
CEF_Beasts is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 20th February 2022, 11:21   #517

Got my Ola S1 Pro last week and I am loving it.

I have an Ather 450 plus too and I love it very much. It's a no hassle bike with straight forward functions and driving. I would like to state some differences between the two as I have had Ather for a year now.

The ride of Ola is smoother compared to Ather, which has a stiffer suspension.

At lower modes Ola torque is much quicker. On higher torques, Ola is an absolute beast. I live in a small town and have had to drive in hyper mode for more than 5 seconds. You will not be able to control hyper speed in cities or traffic.

Ola looks more like a traditional vespa whereas Ather looks futuristic.

The screen response for both are similar. I guess it's the low powered cheap CPUs companies use to keep cost low. But they both get the job done.

Buttons are much better finished on Ather than Ola, which don't feel premium at all.

Ather has much louder noise than Ola. But the sound is very swoosh like futuristic.

The biggest difference is range. I still don't understand why people made a fuss about the 180 km range. Ather charges more and gives half the range. OLA takes the cake in this. I have paid 1.53 for 450 plus, which was before Maharashtra subsidy so according to me Ola at 135 km is a steal and then some.

That's all I can think of. Do drop questions if you have any.

Dear BHPian,
There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the forum experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use a spell-checker.

Last edited by Axe77 : 22nd February 2022 at 13:41. Reason: Making grammar and language edits.
Bhaveshmestry is offline   (12) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 21st February 2022, 09:04   #518
Distinguished - BHPian

Here is a comparison video between the Ather 450X and the Ola S1 Pro. Autocar India has done a good job with comprehensively covering the different aspects of these scooters. Towards the end, there is footage of the Ola scooter going into reverse when it is supposed to go forward Thats just scary and outright dangerous in our road conditions.

Why didnt Ola just finish their development work and then launch a safe scooter, instead of rushing through and giving the market an unfinished product?

For those who dont urgently need an EV and are keen on an Ola scooter, I will still suggest that you wait for a few quarters and then once the Ola S1 Pro is fully developed, take delivery of it. Right now, its just unsafe!

Or if you cant wait and have to buy an EV scooter, just get the proven Ather 450X instead.

neil.jericho is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2022, 11:23   #519
Senior - BHPian

Received my Ola S1 PRO liquid silver. I had Booked in August 21, final payment on 21st jan and got delivered on 20th Feb 2022.

liquid sliver color looks fabulous in reality. The official images on ola website are totally different than the real colour shade.

It is comfortable, has wide seat and extremely large underseat storage I really liked the hyper mode. It is way too fast.

Yes there are some design flaws. The running board border is body colored and can be easily scrached by the shoes. Also grab handle is on the both sides of the seat and not behind the seat. So in hyper mode when vehicle moves very fast, there is not support from behind for pillion
Attached Thumbnails
Ola S1 Electric Scooter Review-img20220222wa0005.jpg  

Ola S1 Electric Scooter Review-img20220221wa0010.jpg  

Ola S1 Electric Scooter Review-img20220221wa0009.jpg  

Ola S1 Electric Scooter Review-img20220221wa0008.jpg  

Ola S1 Electric Scooter Review-img20220221wa0013.jpg  

tushky is online now   (18) Thanks
Old 1st March 2022, 06:50   #520
BHPian

So far loving the scooter. No giggles or issues since Jan. Do get stopped a lot when I am out with it as people have questions when they see it. The learning curve for me has been to keep in mind that there is so much space available under seat, don't need to keep anything on the floorboard.
fuzzydealhunter is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st March 2022, 22:04   #521
BHPian

I have a question.

If the scooter is unlocked using a password on the main screen. Does that mean there is a chance that security cameras will pick up the password being entered in public places. Exposing your password to other people?

I'm just concerned about theft. I cannot digest a keyless system.
Bluengel180 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2022, 17:01   #522
Distinguished - BHPian

A useful video for those OLS S1 owners who are facing squeaky sound from front suspension

Old 5th March 2022, 15:11   #523
Senior - BHPian

Bhavish Aggarwal regarding February sales numbers and March month sales target.

Ola S1 Electric Scooter Review-smartselect_20220305151002_twitter.jpg
Venkatesh is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th March 2022, 22:47   #524
BHPian

Hello fellow bhpians:

Though I wanted to begin my journey on team-bhp on a positive post, unfortunately that is not the case here. First thing first - the S1 is a gem to ride and to look at. It turns a lot of heads on the streets. The only gripe I have about the bike is the frequent rattling sound coming from the headlight touchscreen unit, the absolute lack of any features presented, a few bugs and the shoddy after sales.

Coming to the after sales, last week I had an incident with the bike wherein I had engaged the side stand and went to open my house gate. After 2 - 3 seconds, I turn back to a thud sound and to my horror the bike is on the ground. Once I picked it up, I noticed some deep paint scratches and marks on the body panel and the brake handle broken and a lot of panel gaps, which I fixed by using force. The culprit here is the poorly engineered side stand.

Once I calmed myself down to the fact a 1 month unregistered bike is damaged I tried calling the customer care but hey "ALL OUR AGENTS ARE BUSY, PLEASE CALL AGAIN LATER" message popped up. The next day the same message and the same continues for the next 5 freaking days. Finally out of the blue an agent picked up the phone on the 6th day and registered the complaint. The follow up was quite quick and I was assigned a person who patiently listened to all my issues. However before proceeding he wanted to have a look at the damage himself and the next day he did show up and fortunately for me the stand did collapse right in front of him again while he was present. Seemingly convinced, he told me they will have to change the entire back panel of the bike since for some reason Ola decided to give the back panel as one single unit which stretches from one side and goes all the way to the other side and it even wraps around the tail lamps .

From my side, I clearly told him I would not pay a single rupee nor claim insurance since this is a result of a half baked product released into the market. He assured me he will try his level best to get these repaired at Ola's expense and he did mention that this issue is becoming common and that at least here in Chennai they have 4 to 5 bikes with the same issue, that the brake handles have been broken and that they have run out of stock for the handles. This conversation took place 2 days back and there is still no light at the end of the tunnel

Ola S1 Electric Scooter Review-whatsapp-image-20220305-8.36.17-pm.jpeg

Ola S1 Electric Scooter Review-whatsapp-image-20220305-8.36.43-pm-1.jpeg

Ola S1 Electric Scooter Review-whatsapp-image-20220305-8.36.43-pm.jpeg

Will keep you all posted on any developments.

Mod Note : Please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this.
Thanks

Last edited by Axe77 : 7th March 2022 at 21:27. Reason: Fixing numerous formatting and language edits. Please read the Team BHP rules before proceeding.
Sierra__foxtrot is offline   (14) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 7th March 2022, 21:01   #525
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierra__foxtrot View Post
Once I calmed myself down to the fact a 1 month unregistered bike is damaged I tried calling the customer care but hey "ALL OUR AGENTS ARE BUSY PLEASE CALL AGAIN LATER" message popped up .the next day the same message and the same continues for the next 5 freaking days ...finally out of the blue an agent picked up the phone on the 6th day and registered the complaint .the follow up was quite quick and I was assigned a person who patiently listened to all my issues.. however before proceeding he wanted to have a look at the damages himself and the next day he did show up and fortunately for me the stand did collapse right in front of him again while he was present ,seemingly convinced he told me they will have to change the entire back panel of the bike since for some reason Loa decided to give the back panel as one single unit which stretches from one side and goes all the way to the other side and it even wraps around the tail lamps .I from my side clearly told him I would not pay a single rupee nor claim an Insurance since this is a result of a half baked product released into the Market he assured me he will try his level best to get these repaired at Ola's expense and he did mention that this issue is becoming common and that at least here in Chennai they have 4 to 5 bikes with the same issue and that the brake handles have been broken that they have ran out of stock for the handles .this conversation took place 2 days back and there is still no light at the end of the tunnel
Sierra__foxtrot, Im sorry to hear about your bad experience with your faulty S1. Has the hard to reach support team managed to sort out the problem and replace the parts to your satisfaction? Do keep us updated on the progress of your incident resolution. Hopefully Ola can iron out these issues quickly, both for customers who have taken delivery, as well as on the production line.

I see EV evangelists beaming with pride when they see high dispatch numbers but if the Ola's own staff admit that there are multiple recurring issues that they are seeing on the ground, then isnt it very positive news.
neil.jericho is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks