Re: Suzuki Avenis scooter, launched at Rs. 86,700

Suzuki Avenis started arriving at dealer showrooms across India

Walkaround video

ideo credit: MRD Vlogs
nairrk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2022, 16:55   #32
Senior - BHPian

Rode a friends Avenis yesterday for ~15 minutes and wanted to share my feedback and comparison of sorts between this one and the Honda Activa 125 BS6. I owned the Honda for around a year so a comparison seemed fairly straightforward to me.

Simple truth - the Avenis blows the Activa out of the water in every way possible.

Avenis - feels light and nimble, it’s so smooth it seems to flow like water. Direction changes are effortless. Power is superb for its class, pick-up is excellent and ride is plush.

Activa 125 BS6 - simple description - boring! It just doesn’t want to change direction or corner at all. It’s as stiff as a board in the handling department. All the so called strengths of the Honda, smooth engine, plush suspension are easily beaten and bettered by the Avenis.

Between the two I wouldn’t touch the Honda with a barge pole.

Hope this helps people who want to choose between these two. Please do take proper test rides of both before putting your money down.

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 1st April 2022, 20:12   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
The name of the scooter as per ''Rushlane.com'' is Suzuki Avenis

Suzuki India is getting ready to launch a new scooter today – It is called Avenis and is aimed at TVS Ntorq and Yamaha RayZR

Read here
I thought Bergman and NTorq were the same segment?
Old 1st January 2024, 23:10   #34

How I ended up buying a Suzuki Avenis 125

I could not find any thread under which this would fit in perfectly hence creating a new thread. This is going to be quite a story so buckle up!
I had been using a TVS Wego ever since I got my drivers license and my father told me that he wanted to buy me a bike/scooter for me to travel back and forth from my classes and university (I am a student). What I wanted to buy was entirely in my hands. I usually commute in moderate traffic but my commute is not usually more than 5kms at a time since we live in the heart of the city (Pune). Also while travelling farther than that I prefer to just call a cab or take the car. Hence, I wanted something that for comfortable for short rides and provided maximum utility. I needed a boot to carry along my books and other stuff and hence I did not look into bikes and kept myself limited to looking out for a good-looking 125cc scooter. Here are the showrooms we visited and the vehicles we checked out: (I took the delivery in August 2023)
1- Honda Dio and Activa
Honda was naturally the first showroom we walked into and I was looking out for the new Dio 125. But the showroom people said that a test drive for the Dio was not available. I visited 3 Honda showrooms but none offered me a test drive and to my surprise (rather horror) no one had any idea when they could make it available. I was not going to buy it without riding it even once. Every salesman gave me some reason or the other and I found that even they didnt have complete knowledge about their product. I received contradicting information from all of them. I was absolutely disappointed with Honda. Also I did not ride the Activa 125 (which they all offered) as I had already done so with my friends scooter and didnt actually like it that much.
2- TVS Jupiter and Ntorq
After the Honda saga, we walked into TVS. First I rode the Jupiter 125. It offered a really plush ride, comfy suspensions and good features (although the auto engine off thing was not working for some reason). It was all good but I didnt find its looks appealing and it looked more like an old persons scooter. I think that was evident to the salesman and he offered me to try the Ntorq. Now I had tried out an older Ntorq but this was the latest one. The sales person was talking all about its firing (which I honestly dont like, somehow reminds me lighting a kerosene stove, just like stoves keep lighting one after the other as it idles). I rode it anyway and it got quieter as I started riding. The throttle was very responsive but the ride felt a bit on the stiffer side. After the ride I had immediately realised that it was a great vehicle but was not meant for me. I needed some engine much more smooth, refined and subtle.
3- Yamaha RayZR
I checked this one out as my friend suggested that it was really smooth. I was indeed surprised by how light-weight it was (as if I could pick it up and carry it along lol). After test driving it I found that the engine was pretty good but I felt as if it was jumping around on the uneven roads. It was too light. Also a lack features for the same cost as its competitors did not make it feel like a value for money product.
With an unproductive day, I was headed home. On the way, my dad spotted a Suzuki showroom and exclaimed that maybe we could just check out what they had to offer. I had never thought checking out Suzuki, but we walked in anyway. It was late and the staff was winding things up for the day. But they welcomed us anyway. As we were waiting for someone to attend to us, I spotted a scooter on a raised platform in a bright orange colour (the colour looked horrible to me). A sales guy approached us and showed us the Access and then the Burgman. I didnt like the Burgmans shape and casually asked about what the Orange scooter was. It was the Avenis. He walked us towards it and told us about it. I never knew a scooter called Avenis even existed. He offered me to test drive both of them.
First was the Access. The ignition startled me as it was much louder than I expected but once it was on, it felt pretty smooth. I drove around a bit and immediately became fond of the engine. Felt a bit less powerful than the Ntorq but it was sufficient and the noise and vibrations felt minimal. The ride though could have been better.
Next up was the Avenis. The test drive vehicle was matte black unlike the orange on display. It looked cool. I put on my helmet and turned on the ignition (which was again loud). I was told that it shared its engine with the Access. I rode it around. The taller seating made me more comfortable and the suspension setup also felt much better than the Access. It looked perfect in all aspects (except the loud ignition). I decided I could live with a loud ignition as long the rest of the ride was smooth and refined. Avenis had made my day and for the next couple of days I looked up its stats etc. on the internet. I had decided to buy a scooter I didnt even know existed till two days ago.
Its a great scooter in terms of design, ride, features and mainly the engine and in my opinion is really undermarketed by Suzuki.
Heres a pic of my Avenis at its first wash: (Have completed first two service so far and have 1200kms on the ODO)
Also I had an electrical issue which has been resolved. I can post about it and my likes, dislikes so far if anyone is interested.
**bought from Arihaan Suzuki Pune
Suzuki Avenis scooter, launched at Rs. 86,700-whatsapp-image-20240101-10.04.13-pm.jpeg
Raptor6492 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed