Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2021, 19:18   #1
Senior - BHPian

Bounce Infinity electric scooter launch on December 2nd. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 68,999

Name:  Bounce.jpg
Views: 993
Size:  72.5 KB

Bounce EV maker on Saturday announced that its first electric scooter is all set for launch on December 2nd this year. The bookings for the new Bounce Infinity scooter will also begin on the day of its launch, while the deliveries are set to begin next year. The booking amount for the scooter has been kept at ₹499.

The company claims that its electric scooter is Made in India. One of the main highlights of the scooter includes its ‘Battery as a service’ option. This allows the customers to purchase the scooter without a battery and thus use Bounce’s battery swapping network to be on the move. This option is likely to make the scooter at least 40% more affordable against the purchase of the battery-equipped vehicle.

That said, customers can also purchase the scooter along with the battery pack like regular scooters. This will include a smart, removable Li-ion battery, which customers will be able to remove and charge as per their convenience and requirement.

Source
nairrk is online now   (10) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2021, 13:59   #2
BHPian

re: Bounce Infinity electric scooter launch on December 2nd. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 68,999

Bounce has launched Infinity scooter at starting price of Rs 68,999 for the scooter with a battery and charger. It will also be available with the battery as a service option with plans starting as low as Rs 36,000 for a scooter without the battery. The scooter will have 85 km of range and 65 kmph top speed. Test rides will start this month and deliveries will start in March 2022.

Pricing with battery and charger included:
Bounce Infinity electric scooter launch on December 2nd. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 68,999-bounce1.jpg

Pricing for scooter with battery as a service:
Bounce Infinity electric scooter launch on December 2nd. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 68,999-baas.jpg

Scooter:
Bounce Infinity electric scooter launch on December 2nd. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 68,999-ball.jpg
Bounce Infinity electric scooter launch on December 2nd. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 68,999-b1.jpg

Swapping network:
Bounce Infinity electric scooter launch on December 2nd. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 68,999-b2.jpg

Last edited by sri_tesla : 2nd December 2021 at 14:07.
sri_tesla is online now   (15) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2021, 14:20   #3
Senior - BHPian

re: Bounce Infinity electric scooter launch on December 2nd. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 68,999

An 85 km range is more than enough. It will suffice for a week for most!

This looks like a pretty good deal, especially for the battery versions.
Old 2nd December 2021, 15:46   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

If the range is 85 kms 'Real world' then its good enough for the price point they are offering it at.

If customers can purchase extra battery then it will be icing on cake. They can put one battery for charge when another one is in use thereby reducing downtime. I think this model will be a hit with delivery teams of e-commerce who ride around the limited area and return to the hub to pick up more packages

Last edited by sagarpadaki : 2nd December 2021 at 15:47.
sagarpadaki is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2021, 15:56   #5
BHPian

I hope swappable batteries become a norm and interoperable between the various electric scooter brands to have more adoption and also to make sure people don't get anxiety when their battery is low.
Old 2nd December 2021, 16:09   #6
BHPian

As expected, battery swapping as a service option is too costly. The initial price will be either Rs 12,000 or 24,000 less for the two plans that are available. For the first plan with Rs 12,000 lower initial price, monthly subscription costs Rs 849. In addition, you need to pay Rs 35 per swap. For plan 2, where the initial price will be Rs 24,000 less, monthly subscription costs Rs 1,249 and Rs 35 per swap extra.

I wonder how many will take the battery subscription option when running costs will be the same as petrol costs. Swapping infra will be very costly and too complex to be successful. I feel Bounce will realize this sooner than later.

Pricing with battery and charger:

Bounce Infinity electric scooter launch on December 2nd. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 68,999-withb.png

Battery swapping option 1:
Bounce Infinity electric scooter launch on December 2nd. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 68,999-baas1.png

Battery swapping option 2:

Bounce Infinity electric scooter launch on December 2nd. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 68,999-baas2.png

Regarding range, 85 km is the ideal range. It will be 60 km in the eco mode and 50 km in the power mode.
sri_tesla is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2021, 20:33   #7
BHPian

I extremely satisfied with this scooter. Myself being an engineer, I find the design to be good.

1. No fingerprint non sense. Plain old key.

2. Simple looking scooter. Even headlight is simple. No fancy integrated headlamp display board plastic. If small breakage, need not replace entire set..the pain Activa users like me always faced.

3. Dual telescopic front suspension.

4. Flat leg board on front useful feature to carry 25 litre drinking water.

5. Simple instrumentation panel. No fancy stuff. Some people say why no maps GPS etc etc...try replacing a broken panel and figure out how costly it is . Except battery and motor, I expect all parts to be reasonably priced.

5. Removable battery is the biggest advantage. I cannot run wire from my house to outside area where two wheeler is parked. Dogs may try to chew and in Bangalore, rain creates havoc now a days. Don't have money to build a garage for two wheeler. There's simply no space.

Only thing I didn't like is the way wire connection is done between battery to scooter. Should have been automatic. Concerned about wires connector getting worn out and some metals or tools touching these connector. In Activa, people carry all sorts of things , from milk to screw driver's..some sort of protection must be provided.

Also not sure about plastic quality. Activa was metallic in body. Not sure about rattling of plastic, though must be ok due to no vibration from motor.
pogo0120 is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 4th December 2021, 10:52   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sri_tesla View Post
Bounce has launched Infinity scooter at starting price of Rs 68,999 for the scooter with a battery and charger. It will also be available with the battery as a service option with plans starting as low as Rs 36,000 for a scooter without the battery. The scooter will have 85 km of range and 65 kmph top speed. Test rides will start this month and deliveries will start in March 2022.
Nice to see competition heating up in this segment.
Is this an in-house designed and manufactured vehicle or a (Chinese) import?
Old 4th December 2021, 11:04   #9
Senior - BHPian

I have already lost interest and not buying an EV for next few years until the whole EV thing settles down. If OLA is finding it hard to deliver on time, Bajaj, TVS are working 24x7 on future EV's and still not have been able to launch a proper EV scooter, the current chaos of EV segment where every company is trying to juice out the new found space in automobile segment as fast as possible without any technical expertise, I think we all must wait for the initial fog to clear out.

Coming back to Bounce infinity, looks like just another EV manufacturer trying to juice out this segment.
Old 4th December 2021, 11:28   #10
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

This looks like a good basic scooter. No fancy electronics and prices quite reasonable. The detachable battery is a big factor. I feel that will be the future of two wheeler EVs.

If the companies can standardize on the battery, it will change the market drastically.
Imagine all petrol stations equipped with a battery bank. You just ride in, swap and ride out.

Why are companies working on increasing the speed instead of increasing the mileage? Scooters are mainly used for city runabouts and I dont understand the need to have to a scooter travelling at more than 50 kmph. Given the choice between a 80 kmph max speed/80 kms per charge and 50 kmph max speed/150 kms per charge, I would just prefer the latter.
m8002? is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th December 2021, 13:42   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang Sammy View Post
Nice to see competition heating up in this segment.
Is this an in-house designed and manufactured vehicle or a (Chinese) import?
This was actually developed by a startup called 22Motors. Most likely they had some tie-up with some Chinese companies to import hub motors (which is common with Chinese electric scooters) and batteries. 22Motors then partnered with Taiwanese scooter company Kymco to manufacture Kymco's electric and petrol scooters in India. Kymco is Taiwan's largest scooter company. They also announced that they will bring Kymco's battery swapping network called Ionex to India. There were some management issues with 22Motors and later the company stopped production.

A few months back, Bounce announced that they acquired 22Motors and this is the same scooter that was released in 2019 by 22Motors. There is no change or upgrade in scooter specifications by Bounce.

Some background:
https://www.financialexpress.com/aut...krupt/1913737/

I think Bounce need to decide whether it wants to become a full-time EV manufacturer or not. They don't have any R&D presence and need to invest a lot more in that regard. They also need to develop their own motors, battery packs, more scooter models as soon as possible. This scooter has a small battery and low power motor just like most Chinese imports. If they are in it for the long term, they need to follow Ather and Ola and develop their own scooters and motorcycles.
sri_tesla is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 6th December 2021, 18:14   #12
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bounce Infinity electric scooter launch on December 2nd. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 68,999

Hrithik Roshan features in latest TVC: Shows the battery-swap technology

nairrk is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 6th December 2021, 21:00   #13
BHPian

Re: Bounce Infinity electric scooter launch on December 2nd. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 68,999

I don't like the monthly subscription charges for swapping battery. Why subscription needs to be taken? Scooters are anyway for City runabouts and 60 kms is more than enough for most runs. I would prefer a removable battery with 80-90 kms range charged at home instead of opting for battery swapping subscription. Revolt Motors swap battery free of cost if needed.
souvikjana83 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th December 2021, 19:29   #14
BHPian

Any one booked infinity scooter? I have booked but other than email from razor pay confirmation email, there is no communication from Bounce. I asked for call back and some lady called me and when I asked about booking info, she said she will call back in few minutes. It's over two days and no one has called back. Also there is no personalized my account login on bounce scooter site.

If anyone one booked scooter, please share your experience.
pogo0120 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th December 2021, 22:30   #15
Senior - BHPian

Schumi summed up the ''electric revolution nicely at the launch. He is articulate and every word is measured for max impact
Sebring is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks