Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2021, 12:39   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Motorcycle Track day with CRA Motorsports - Meco Kartopia, Bengaluru

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepfreak15 View Post
Over the next few days I noticed most of the national riders on the grid were alumni of CRA or still associated with them so I decided to reach out. Their website didn't have any details with regards to their training schedule however they were pretty active on Instagram. I was directed to a whatsapp message where I had a good conversation with Prateek. Since I had already completed my certification elsewhere I was told the next batch was on the 5th and 6th of November and I could sign up for their open sessions at Meco Kartopia Bangalore. This place is literally located in my backyard.
For the sum of Rs15,000/- I got 5+5 sessions with each session ~15 minutes, a bike and riding gear if I needed it. I only had to bring my Helmet.

The School -CRA Motorsports
Founded and run by Tharunkumar S, they are pretty active in the motorsports scene in various capacities including track, offroad and go karts. Speaking with Tharun revealed how passionate they are in bringing up and nurturing talent. For eg, they have taken a house on rent in Bangalore to provide accommodation for riders coming from far of places and need a cheap place to stay. Also they are focusing on smaller cities to give everyone an opportunity at some track experience. They even have a tie up with a track in Malaysia and conduct events there (turns out cheaper than BIC
Thanks for sharing your experience with CRA. I too hadnt heard of them until the Royal Enfield Continental GT Cup selections in Coimbatore. For better or for worse, track riding and training in India has become very expensive in the last few years and it is not easy to afford multiple sessions from the bigger names in the industry.

After hearing about your experience with CRA, I am quite impressed and will also probably sign up for some sessions with them in the first half of 2022. Hopefully we can meet then and being the true friend that I am, I can even take your bikes out for a spin and keep them warmed up for you while your body recovers. Speaking of friends .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaikhmimran View Post
I just wish you were more careful & listened to your body proactively. Maybe this could be avoided but it's all retrospective mulling now. It makes me sad to see you like this & wish you a speedy recovery.
Ironically the same optimistic outlook that led you here will also Inshallah see you through this & emerge stronger (hopefully wiser too but thats me being optimistic).
... with old friends like this, who need enemies !!!
neil.jericho is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th November 2021, 15:50   #17
Team-BHP Support

Take care Deepak. Wishing you a speedy recovery. It shows your physical and mental toughness to do day 2 after the first day’s injury. I am sure you will be back on track in no time.
graaja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2021, 18:12   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indraneel Bhat View Post
- from a guy who crashed his Ninja 250 ..and who continues to ride till date.
More power to you! Just reading it sent a chill down my spine!

Quote:
I just wish you were more careful & listened to your body proactively.
Not sure I understood your point , it's not like I had a warning my tricep would tear any moment, but that would be a lovely feature to have, would have saved me lot of pain. After the tear though the only way I could have made it worse was if I delayed getting operated for a month, then it would have shriveled up. Day 2 of riding did nothing to exacerbate the injury. Instead of rolling in pain at home I had fun on track.

Quote:
It makes me sad to see you like this & wish you a speedy recovery.
Why are YOU sad? Is there something I can do to make you feel happy? If you are thinking about my wellbeing I'm doing perfectly alright but if you feel strongly about it , you know where I live, why don't you drop in and take me out for a meal? Otherwise you saying you feel sad are just words

Quote:
(hopefully wiser too but thats me being optimistic).
Being a tad bit judgemental aren't we? Unless you are referring to my riding skills , to that I say hell yeah learnt a lot and can't wait to get back and fine tune those learnings.

The reason I put up this post is for people like me who have not heard of CRA or heard of them and trying to evaluate their services and the facilities. My injury post was meant to be a foot note.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post

After hearing about your experience with CRA, I am quite impressed and will also probably sign up for some sessions with them in the first half of 2022. Hopefully we can meet then and being the true friend that I am, I can even take your bikes out for a spin and keep them warmed up for you while your body recovers. .
Glad it helped at least one person, do come over will be a really great experience, I'll keep an eye out for their next sessions and let you know. You are most welcome to drop in any time and take my bikes out for a spin as they will be relegated to only standing starts for the foreseeable future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
Take care Deepak. Wishing you a speedy recovery. It shows your physical and mental toughness to do day 2 after the first day’s injury. I am sure you will be back on track in no time.
Thank you very much , been a long time since we met, maybe next drive I'll come shotgun.
deepfreak15 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed