Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2021, 15:58   #1
BHPian

The eternal wait for my Hero Xpulse 200 4V

The Hero Xpulse 200 4V was launched on October 7 2021. Today is 23rd Nov so it's been over 6 weeks since the much awaited motorcycle was made available.

Or was it ?

I booked the Xpulse on 6th September at perhaps Hero's largest dealer in Bangalore Sai Hero. However there was a waiting period & I understandably didn't get the bike. Then the 4V was launched & naturally my booking was converted with my consent to the new model. As per the dealer, I am now first in line to receive the vehicle.

As per my last call to dealer, I am told that there have been no dispatches to any southern states since launch and the motorcycle will be made available in Jan'22 or Mar'22. This takes the gap between launch and availability to a whopping 3 to 6 months !! Be it a launch strategy to test out the bike in certain geographies or a result of the ongoing semi conductor shortage, this leaves a lot of unanswered questions.

Why is a mass production 200 cc motorcycle from India's largest 2W maker not available to South India ? I am yet to see a single bike on Bangalore roads.

If Hero knew how the supply situation would be tight, was it fair to its customers to go ahead and launch the motorcycle which cannot be supplied ?

Why has no one from Hero put up a public update or one on one communication on the supply situation to their waiting customers?

As an enthusiast motorcyclist & staunch supporter of affordable adventure motorcycling, I am utterly disappointed with the experience.
shaikhmimran is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2021, 17:27   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The eternal wait for my Hero Xpulse 200 4V

we are both in the same boat, though I consciously decided to pick the bike in 2022 so pushed my decision to book the bike, and if it is available by Jan 2022, it will be great.

That said I concur with your view, these days all launches have generally become a farce, sad to see Hero going the same path. Hopefully the bikes come by Jan and not by March.
AtheK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2021, 18:01   #3
BHPian

re: The eternal wait for my Hero Xpulse 200 4V

Could the chip shortage affecting the new Xpulse too? It's definitely strange since the big journos haven't come up with reviews too. Does hero not have test bikes on offer?
Grimlock is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2021, 07:48   #4
Senior - BHPian

Re: The eternal wait for my Hero Xpulse 200 4V

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaikhmimran View Post

As per my last call to dealer, I am told that there have been no dispatches to any southern states since launch and the motorcycle will be made available in Jan'22 or Mar'22. This takes the gap between launch and availability to a whopping 3 to 6 months !! Be it a launch strategy to test out the bike in certain geographies or a result of the ongoing semi conductor shortage, this leaves a lot of unanswered questions.
One of the post by Nasirkaka, seems one of his riding buddies had an Impulse 4V. You can check with him, dont know if that 4V is Bangalore registered.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motor...ml#post5201332 (Hero teases small adventure bike. EDIT: It's the XPulse 200)
rakesh_r is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th November 2021, 09:24   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
One of the post by Nasirkaka, seems one of his riding buddies had an Impulse 4V. You can check with him, dont know if that 4V is Bangalore registered.
I noticed that too & have PMed him to check on the Xpulse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimlock View Post
Could the chip shortage affecting the new Xpulse too?
Maybe. I have alluded to that in my post but my take is that Hero should inform the customers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
we are both in the same boat, though I consciously decided to pick the bike in 2022 so pushed my decision to book the bike..... Hopefully the bikes come by Jan and not by March.
Athek at this point of time, we are both guessing & its not a good feeling. Me waiting for so many months for a locally made mass motorcycle has become a joke in my motorcycling circle.
shaikhmimran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2021, 10:37   #6
Senior - BHPian

Yes there’s no supply to south india. There’s this video on YT where a guy travelled all the way from Mangalore to Gurgaon to get his Xpulse 200 4v. Being there first is a race in YT these days for gaining traction on their channels, probably that’s why the guy took all the pain.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 24th November 2021 at 11:45. Reason: edited
SoumenD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2021, 12:42   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Why is a mass production 200 cc motorcycle from India's largest 2W maker not available to South India ? I am yet to see a single bike on Bangalore roads.
Quite an appalling situation! What I have heard is that deliveries in Kerala might begin only by the end of December 2021. That is more than a month away.

Quote:
Athek at this point of time, we are both guessing & its not a good feeling. Me waiting for so many months for a locally made mass motorcycle has become a joke in my motorcycling circle.
Maybe you should just get that Himalayan instead !
neil.jericho is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th December 2021, 07:59   #8
BHPian

Update :
Hero has dispatched vehicles to Bangalore finally !! The quotation is attached for reference.
Unfortunately my circumstances have changed & I have postponed my purchase indefinitely. The booking amount of 10k will be with dealer & I will take a call later.
Kudos to Jaya at Sai Hero, Bangalore for being diligent & proactive with the status updates.
Attached Images

shaikhmimran is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th December 2021, 16:18   #9
BHPian

My recent check with the hero dealer in Mysore city also claimed that it will be available only by Jan 22. Good to know that vehicles started arriving in Bengaluru.

Is handling charges are still applicable ?
Old 27th December 2021, 09:58   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaviGowda View Post
Is handling charges are still applicable ?
I have been a vociferous crusader against handling charges. Also I don't understand what would be the handling required when the customers are literally picking the vehicles off the truck. A dealer will always ask handling charges and a customer should always refuse.
Old 27th December 2021, 12:15   #11
BHPian

Quote:
I have been a vociferous crusader against handling charges. Also I don't understand what would be the handling required when the customers are literally picking the vehicles off the truck. A dealer will always ask handling charges and a customer should always refuse.
Do they simply cancel the charges if you refuse to pay? I thought they would put up a fight and refuse to deliver the vehicle if you don't pay.
Old 2nd January 2022, 19:14   #12
Senior - BHPian

Imran, i jumped this wagon and picked the xpulse. Replaced it for my outgoing CBR. Jaya from Sai motors helped in closing the deal very professionally.
Attached Thumbnails
The eternal wait for my Hero Xpulse 200 4V-img_20220102_133447.jpg  

rk_sans is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2022, 10:18   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk_sans View Post
Imran, i jumped this wagon and picked the xpulse. Replaced it for my outgoing CBR. Jaya from Sai motors helped in closing the deal very professionally.
Congratulations RK_sans for your new bike ! It looks more beautiful in candid pics specially in this color. Do keep sharing your riding experience on the forum. Safe miles & Thanks !
Old 25th January 2022, 01:22   #14
BHPian

I took the delivery of my Hero XPulse 4V Rally Blue on 29th December, 2021 from Sai Hero. The process went well & all the paper work was taken care professionally by Sai Hero team at Banashankari 3rd stage, Bengaluru. Special thanks to Gowthami Ma'am from Sai Hero for helping us out.

Bike is awesome & has enough power to take on bad roads for which I had intended to get it for. It works well and the suspensions are phenomenal.

Why I chose XPulse 4V because after riding Vinay's XPulse 4V that is the first Xpulse 4V Rally Blue delivered in Bangalore, I immediately decided to go for it. Being an Interceptor 650 Rider, I wanted something light weight and a capable bike that can come out of any situation on adventures. So I zeroed in on this.

The first instance on this bike is, ride quality on bad roads, the quality of fit and finish and a different kind of bike in that price range. The seat & lights are improved.

Most important person to be mentioned is the real motivator who is my friend Vinay Kumar, well known as Motovin77 whom I thank a lot for also accompanying me during the delivery.

I have also ordered accessories from Gear & Throttle House (www.gthouse.shop) and got these delivered soon.
1. MadDog ScoutX auxiliary lights with pro-harness, pro-switch & filters
2. Clamps for auxiliary lights
3. Rear rack plate by Project 83X
4. Headlight protector by Project 83X

I will post my review and my experience on it in my upcoming blogs.

A video on the delivery

Last edited by yogeshnaik : 25th January 2022 at 01:28.
yogeshnaik is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks