Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2021, 23:40   #16
BHPian

Re: Does an Electric Scooter make sense for me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post

I think we spent Rs 20K for strip & paint job, then 7K for carb, engine oil, fork bend, fuel meter (this was the job done shoddy), 1.3K for battery, 6K clutch overhaul, fuel meter, carb cleaning, engine oil, brakes, 1.3K for tires & another 1K for FC. All put together some ~38K
20K for painting an Activa is just too much, around thrice the usual amount I would say. My friend had his Activa denting painting done at a very good shop for 7,000. New exide battery was purchased at 850rs., exchanging the dead battery.
Sran is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th December 2021, 15:57   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanddd View Post
I cannot suggest a scooter, but I am curious as to why you do not use the Dominar for your ~50km commute. I would think it's well suited to that purpose.
Majority of my commute is in crawling traffic and dominar is a a pain to ride below 30 KMPH, hence a gearless scotter would make sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreasyCarb55 View Post
At first glance the Ather 450X seems like a good choice given the daily commute of 50km.

But if you plan to keep the scooter for years like the Activa then I'd stay away from Electric Scooters.

My uncle owns a BS6 Access 125 and for daily use and as an Activa replacement it should be perfect.

But you have other alternatives:

1. Burgman Street - Same basic guts as the Access 125 but in a more spacious package.

2. Aerox 155 - If you have 1.7 Lakh to spare (OTR Bangalore) and want the most explosive scooter on sale today.

3. SR/SXR 160 - If you have 1.7 Lakh to spare (OTR Bangalore) and want an Italian scooter
Thanks, have booked the Burgman BT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
Great Manu, congratulations in advance.

How soon are you getting delivery? Please update this thread when you do and after using it for a while it would be good if you can put up an ownership review. It may help out someone in a similar predicament as you. I think there is only one review for the Burgman BS4 on our forum.

Hi, the delivery is promised in a week. Sure will post an ownership review as soon as I get my hands on it

Cheers
manubg92 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2021, 12:39   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manubg92 View Post
I don't want to compromise on the quality of the product. Please suggest if I should go ahead with Ather or should I consider ICE scooters.
This part of your query is the sole reason why you should stick with your trusty old Activa. I suggest get the suspension changed, get new tyres, add handle grips and the rubber floor mat (this will greatly reduce vibrations), get the headlight tail light bulbs changed, and give the activa a proper detailing session. It'll work out way cheaper and you will use the activa for 3 more years. At this stage of EV vehicles, they're still new, with unknown costs - battery replacement. There's simply no way to know how the batteries will hold up, or the scooter body will hold up. The old activas are gem of a machine, just fill it, shut it and forget it.
However if you are just bored of it and want something new, get the TVS Jupiter, best one out there.
Akshay6988 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2021, 23:08   #19
BHPian

Similar discussion here:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motor...l-scooter.html (Urgent need of a Scooter | Should I go for an electric or petrol scooter?)
mvadg is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks