Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2005, 18:12   #76
BHPian

Happy days to all~!

Note from Mod: Please make you sure the matter in your post is relevant to the topic in discussion.

Last edited by ported_head : 11th April 2005 at 19:03.
Old 11th April 2005, 18:56   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superavi
The Suzuki Supra (TVS- Suzuki) Supra was a failed model before the Shogun. TVS inherited the AX100, India's first Indo-Jap bike and kept working on it. So the bikes developed were AX100, AX100 R (With a battery!), Supra, Samurai, Shogun, Shaolin, MAX 100 and MAX 100 R, till the two strokers died a natural death.
Ravi
Ravi

The Supra was the 9.8 bhp version which was painted white with a nice stripe on it. There was ANOTHER version (dont know whether it was still called the Supra) which did 11 bhp and had a reddish-maroon and white dual tone paint job. This was the one that came out just before the Shogun (14 odd bhp).

Those were the 'fast' bikes then. Not much of a change from the fare thats dished out today, wouldnt you say?

I miss the two strokes..............hope they find a way back into the market.
Old 11th April 2005, 20:35   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
Ravi

The Supra was the 9.8 bhp version which was painted white with a nice stripe on it. There was ANOTHER version (dont know whether it was still called the Supra) which did 11 bhp and had a reddish-maroon and white dual tone paint job.

I miss the two strokes..............hope they find a way back into the market.
If i'm not mistaken.... Supra used to pump out 18.5 bhp or so?? it was a 100cc machine...... i remember Psycho(Keshav) telling me about it sometime ago.
And regarding 2 strokers making it back to the market..... i really doubt it. But, RX135's are still sold..... thoroughly detuned though.
Old 11th April 2005, 21:48   #79
BHPian

have a 89 kb rtz 100 spent lot on it for modification
Old 11th April 2005, 23:09   #80
BHPian

infact the supra ss pumped out 16hp from the 100cc unit....and that power figure was way ahead of its time!
Old 12th April 2005, 00:56   #81
BHPian

Currently ride a CBR 600 F2. Am enjoying every moment of it.
Has a power of more than 100 horses with a Vance & Hines S4 Titanium performance exhaust & a K & N filter.
Touches 100 in less than 4 secs in the 1st gear itself !!!!

Planning to buy another 2 wheeler for mundane chores.
Finding it difficult to decide which one to go for.

Last edited by bikefreak : 12th April 2005 at 01:00.
Old 12th April 2005, 09:00   #82
BHPian

Steeroid, You're right. I have a white 9.65 <not 9.8 bhp, but dont know what difference that would make) followed by the 11 BHP supra - still called supra.

Fieriod and Shravan, I dont think the Supra ever pumped 18 bhp. Maybe in racing gear on track, but as stock, it never went beyond 11 bhp.

My bike's top speed is 100, but Pick up's fallen from a high of 0-60 in 7.5 secs to about 9 or so. Still consider it a good bike.
Old 12th April 2005, 11:46   #83
BHPian

hey guys..... navin fm b'lore....
well i started f wit a KB 100....n now ride a silver CBZ 2001..
gud to knw ther r many bike luvers here..
cheers...
Old 12th April 2005, 13:48   #84
Senior - BHPian

hey vinsanity, none taken, man!! i simply just didn't get you, that's all.... but now that you mentioned it, it would have been easier that way...would have saved myself a lot of typing effort, he...he...he...

but i did get a chance to ride the 535 once; just for about a km or so- scared the bejeeses out of me, man!!!

and bikefreak, considering you currently own a 600F2, well..... don't go in for anything lesser than the 180 dts-i; not even the karizma...anything else would be a crime.... (the older one without mag wheels is the best compro between F.E and performance; the new loses out on both, gaining only in torque and city driveability).

and if you wait a few months, you could go in for a propah 250!!

superavi, it seems like the supra was a nice bike, man; but then, so are the rest of them-no, all of them; in their own unique way....

and steeroid; it seems your wishes might be granted after all... a new kind of rippin two strokes are about to hit the markets soon (well, international anyways; india might be on the cards soon); Fuel Injected two-strokes; aprilia being the pioneers. these machines are expected to give the performance of the 2 strokes with the economy of a four stroke- but will still suffer from low end torque, though; unlike the thumpers.

and vulken, the bajaj KBs were kickass machines, man!!cool classic you got! the 125 rtzs used to kick the yamahas of yore (read:rx 135, rxz, etc; not the RD) into oblivion..!!!
Old 12th April 2005, 13:57   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superavi
Fieriod and Shravan, I dont think the Supra ever pumped 18 bhp. Maybe in racing gear on track, but as stock, it never went beyond 11 bhp.
If I'm not mistaken, TVS did sell a souped up version of the supra for rally and motocross drivers. Not sure if it was ever sold commercially, but it wasnt a worked on version - they built it at the factory. That one did something like 15-16 bhp or more.
Old 12th April 2005, 14:22   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veyron1
but i did get a chance to ride the 535 once; just for about a km or so- scared the bejeeses out of me, man!!!
Woah man,
Thats a dream.. Just loved the bike.. Had seen only one when I was in B'lore for my degree... That is the best bike for me in India... But gues its too big a bike for my frame.... I'l settle for the machismo or the RD......
Old 26th April 2005, 05:32   #87
BHPian

well i've never been able to decide if i'm more of a car guy or a bike guy .. both just thrill me equally .. i've owned a heavily modded KB100RTZ .. sold it just a while back .. had clip on's .. the headlight mounted on a subframe .. a 5 speed 'box and later even converted it to 125 cc .. thrashed many unsuspecting RX riders .. learned how to change a block and piston in 15 mins flat .. always had a spare in the garage .. the damn thing siezed so easily .. i remember everytime we raced down marine drive with the tacho needle almost touching the stop at about 10000 to 11000 RPM, by the time we reached the end it would overheat and be ready to sieze .. i had learned to anticipate the seizure and would pull in the clutch just before she siezed and then coast for a bit (which at 100 kmph is quite a bit) and then throw the clutch and then continue .. good days those .. heh heh .. like i said i sold it a while back since she was getting too old .. i currently still use a KB100 RTZ Delta with a proton expansion chamber .. the bike belongs to a friend who's not in town so he's left it with me .. and my brother has a Pulsar 180 .. always wanted to buy an RD ever since it was launched but was always discouraged by everyone around .. now desperately saving to buy a 'big' bike .. i just gotta have one .. and one day I WILL .. (wish me luck)
Old 26th April 2005, 15:40   #88
BHPian

I like riding bikes and there is immense thrill while doing so, but of late I have decided to take it easy......traffic and roads are horrible here.
I still commute to work on my bike though, its much better for my blood pressure and a quicker way ..atleast in Pune. (red Pulsar 150 - DTSi)
Old 27th April 2005, 03:51   #89
NSD

looking for a 2 wheeled machine

hi guys
i m a bike enthu but not allowed to have licence 4 it but somehow managed to agree my lads 4 it and now
i got cash of around 50k
so whats the best option i have
a unicorn(honda) or a palsur 150 Dtsi
whats good to handle bcoz i may be going 4 600cc at next
pretty soon.
Old 27th April 2005, 08:05   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
Ravi

The Supra was the 9.8 bhp version which was painted white with a nice stripe on it. There was ANOTHER version (dont know whether it was still called the Supra) which did 11 bhp and had a reddish-maroon and white dual tone paint job. This was the one that came out just before the Shogun (14 odd bhp).
Steeroid
The 9.65 bhp Supra can be recognized by its half chain cover. It had only a top chain guard. The 14 bhp one that came out before the Shogun was called the Supra SS and it was a built to order for rallying only. I believe it also had an expansion chamber

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks