Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2021, 15:47   #1
Senior - BHPian

Ather Energy to set up second manufacturing unit

Ather Energy is expanding its production capacity by setting up a second manufacturing unit in Hosur, near Bangalore. It will help boost capacity from 1,20,000 units to 4,00,000 units per annum.

Ather Energy to set up second manufacturing unit-ather-energy-factory1.jpg

In October, the company recorded a 12-fold growth compared to last year. It achieved a revenue run rate of $100 million.

Ather Energy to set up second manufacturing unit-ather-energy-factory4.jpg

In terms of sales, the company has been registering a 20% MoM growth since November 2020. Ather also claims to have recorded 4-time growth in vehicle bookings and a 3-times increase in walk-ins, web inquiries and test rides since between April-October 2021.

Ather Energy to set up second manufacturing unit-ather-energy-factory2.jpg

Ather Energy plans to strengthen its retail network by expanding to around 150 Experience centres in 100 cities by March 2023.

Ather Energy to set up second manufacturing unit-ather-energy-factory3.jpg

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 29th November 2021 at 15:49.
TusharK is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 29th November 2021, 18:31   #2
BHPian

Re: Ather Energy to set up second manufacturing unit

Interesting how Hosur is emerging as the defacto electric 2-wheeler manufacturing hub in the country. Great to see Ather doubling down on it's investment, especially with Ola breathing down their neck. I wonder if Ather will be able to realize the same economies as Ola as they increase increase capacity and start manufacturing more units locally.
Old 29th November 2021, 18:37   #3
BHPian

This is a great news for Tamilnadu especially Hosur, which is becoming the EV Capital of India.

Along with Ola's 10 million planned production capacity, Hosur will produce 14 million EV scooters yearly in a few years time.
And with TVS also producing i-Cube in Hosur, the cumulative numbers will be much higher.

Even though I am happy about this, I wonder why no other state is able to pull EV manufacturers like TN. Decentralization can be good for other states also right.
Old 29th November 2021, 18:56   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaghavEvoX View Post
Along with Ola's 10 million planned production capacity, Hosur will produce 14 million EV scooters yearly in a few years time.
With this expansion, Ather capacity will be 0.4 million not 4 million.

I think the major reason for Hosur becoming the EV 2 wheeler capital is its close proximity to Bangalore and startups like Ather and Ola are based in Bangalore. TVS is already Tamilnadu based.

State governments play a major role in attracting investments to their state. Tamil Nadu govt also played a major part in making Hosur EV hub with incentives and infra support. Previous AP govt was able to attract KIA, Hero Motocorp to AP despite no supply chain in the state and stiff competition from other states.

Last edited by sri_tesla : 29th November 2021 at 18:59.
Old 29th November 2021, 20:15   #5
BHPian

I mean if you think about it Hosur makes perfect sense as a place for companies like OLA and Ather.

It's very close to Bangalore, so say someone like Zero Motors decides to enter the Indian market. They can setup the factory in Hosur to avail the benefits of EV production in Tamil Nadu and still have it's corporate office in Bangalore.

There is no shortage of workers in Hosur, plus there are also workers who come over from Karnataka. (I mean the TVS Factory is less than 200 meters from the Karnataka border).
Old 29th November 2021, 21:29   #6
BHPian

FYI - OLA has its manufacturing plant in Pochampalli and Ather & TVS in Hosur. Both are 85kms apart but are part of the Krishnagiri District.

Ather Energy to set up second manufacturing unit-map.png
bronco is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks