Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Your choice for Team-BHP 2-Wheeler of the Year, 2021?
TVS Jupiter 125 34 4.06%
TVS Raider 125 11 1.31%
Suzuki Avenis 2 0.24%
OLA S1 Pro 218 26.05%
Aprilia SXR 160 7 0.84%
Yamaha Aerox 155 232 27.72%
Bajaj Pulsar F250/N250 34 4.06%
Honda CB200X 15 1.79%
Yamaha R15 V4 27 3.23%
KTM RC 200 6 0.72%
Royal Enfield Classic 350 117 13.98%
Benelli 502C 2 0.24%
Kawasaki Z650RS 10 1.19%
Honda CB500X 15 1.79%
Triumph Trident 660 39 4.66%
BMW C400 GT 4 0.48%
Ducati Monster 2 0.24%
Aprilia Tuono / RS 660 5 0.60%
Suzuki Hayabusa 26 3.11%
Harley Davidson Pan America 1250 7 0.84%
BMW S1000R 6 0.72%
Ducati Multistrada V4 11 1.31%
Ducati Streetfighter V4 7 0.84%
Voters: 837. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2021, 19:27   #61
Team-BHP Support

re: Team-BHP 2-Wheeler of the Year, 2021. Edit: It's the Yamaha Aerox 155

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKC-auto View Post
What is the criteria for this poll, is it based on customer deliveries? Is december month included?
All the two-wheelers launched since the last poll have been included, irrespective of the mode of propulsion or form factor. Only the very expensive and also the niche players have been removed for the sake of relevance and simplicity. If any mainstream vehicle gets launched in December after this thread was compiled - it will get included for the poll next year.

There is no criteria or guidelines for voting. Members are free to vote for the product they think is the most significant launch of the year - be it from existing players they believe in, or new players that promises more. As of today, almost every option has received a vote which shows every product is a winner for someone or the other. But obviously - the one with the highest percentage of BHPian votes is the winner of the poll.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th December 2021, 20:55   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafia View Post
This is not just Ola's problem. All EV's without removable batteries have the same limitation of charging.

Even if removable batteries are provided, it will be done so only in scooters AFAIK. E-cars are still dependent on dedicated charging points.

Initial adopters will drive the change. This will take time. And some collective response will be needed to have a transition to EV ownership in the near future.
That was my whole point that there needs to be a dynamic shift in the infrastructure ideally led by the manufacturer who is leading the electric revolution to make it a viable solution. Otherwise it's just a problem half solved.
Old 8th December 2021, 17:19   #63
BHPian

Voted for TVS Jupiter 125 due to the practicality and flexibility for different needs.
This scooter from TVS has come a long way and captured the mass market in 2nd place after the obvious leader. Jupiter has matured a lot since the launch and with 125 version it has taken the game to next level.
mp417 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2021, 16:07   #64
BHPian

Voted for the Royal Enfield Classic 350. My views on the products which I liked.
  • Royal Enfield Classic 350 : The new engine just nailed it. The vibrations have vanished and its a great thing. I am a fan of the classic look.
  • Yamaha Aerox : Introducing the maxi scooter that too with the R15 engine. Good looks.
  • TVS Jupiter : I think they were the one of the first ones to introduce the fuel cap in the exterior, similarly have come with a new innovation - fuel tank in front and loads of luggage space. The new one has 125 CC, hope it does well.
Old 13th December 2021, 14:38   #65
BHPian

My vote goes to Aerox 155. It handles like so much better compared to other scooters at higher speeds. Bang for your buck Maxi Scooter in India. I would consider Ola for next year for 2WOTY considering they are starting deliveries towards the end of the year with potentially buggy ownership experience and missing features.
Old 13th December 2021, 15:27   #66
BHPian

Voted: S1 Pro

Of all the things to love and hate about all the options including but not limited to
Affordable superbike
Reliable off-roader
Reliable baby off-roader
Almost analog bike with a digital touch and so many more

This happens to be more practical one. I just want to see a S1-M or S1 Pro-M (M for modular) with a removable battery that can be plugged in without the scooter. Should satisfy needs of most. Also one can easily charge or swap the battery. One item from my wish list will be to have a training mode or learning mode that can limit speed of the vehicle so that it can be used by someone trying to learn how to ride a two wheeler. They already have the software speed limiter. I don't see a reason why it should not be possible.

Would have voted for baby ninja if it had support for RIDEOLOGY or could have taken the instrument cluster from Apache 310.
Old 13th December 2021, 16:07   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
sri_tesla, if we compare Yamaha and Ola,
1. Yamaha has provided media scooters for test rides and has completed deliveries across India. We have seen multiple owners share delivery updates on our forum whereas ...
2. Ola provided the media with scooters that didnt have many of the advertised features, the test scooters were plagued with issues, the company has pushed their delivery date several times and as of today, there have been a grand total of zero deliveries across India.

I agree that Yamaha doesnt have enough Aerox scooters on display today and that deliveries have been slow but trying to compare some deliveries to zero deliveries, doesnt really make a strong case for Ola.

P.S - maybe Ola could have reduced their pan India test ride fleet by 50 units and kept them aside for deliveries in November. For such a marketing savvy company to not do a namesake round of deliveries that would have got widespread media coverage, I wonder if Ola is still not confident in their final product and needs more time.
Sir, it is Yamaha we are talking about. They are legends in the 2 wheeler Industry and know how to deliver and deliver with quality and reliability.

The uncertainty factor is very less with a brand like Yamaha.

Ola could be super capable and might be creating a phenomenal product, but it will take time for them to earn a name.

The name has to be earned over years. It cannot be created by announcing x rounds of funding or annual production capacity.

Wish the very best for Ola for their efforts. Sorry for digressing.
Old 13th December 2021, 16:41   #68
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Bharadwaj View Post
Sir, it is Yamaha we are talking about. They are legends in the 2 wheeler Industry
Wonder if Yamaha remembers it though!

Seems to me like Yamaha did a soft launch with the Aerox to test the market response and have been quite taken aback by the success. It's almost as if they expected it to fail. Trust me - I called up multiple dealers in my city and the neighbouring cities and none even have received a display vehicle - forget TD vehicles.

That said - it's still great to see though! Yamaha has truly brought some excitement into this scooter segment, and the launch just came out of the blue, unlike these dragged out launches by the electric startup firms. And yes - a couple of lucky BHPians have been able to take deliveries too!

Hope someone at Yamaha notices this poll responses and increases production soon. Waiting eagerly to TD one!
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th December 2021, 17:09   #69
BHPian

To put things into perspective on why I voted for the Ola S1-
“It is 2007 and Yamaha Aerox is like Nokia redefining itself by doing things better than they ever used to be.
But Ola S1 is simply the iPhone.
Ready to disrupt how the industry works.”
PS- I just hope the production delay and quality doesn’t disappoint me.

Last edited by QuentinTino : 13th December 2021 at 17:09. Reason: Punctuation
QuentinTino is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2021, 17:17   #70
BHPian

Voted for the S1 pro as well. I agree in terms of pure market disruption Ola has launched with a vehicle that is going to force a market change. Coupled with the mails and phone calls confirming the delivery dates for end of this year, they have achieved something no other manufacturer has pulled off in a while.
Old 13th December 2021, 17:51   #71
BHPian

I liked 4 vehicles from different segments and voted for Hayabusa

1. Ola : For bold move to produce electric vehicle. But not the first mover i guess
2. Honda 500X: Lovely bike, but insane pricing. I wanted to get one of these and did wait quite long before i got my current bike
3. BMW 400GT Maxi-Scooter: I like these maxi-scooters. This comes close second
4. Hayabusa: Cult vehicle. My vote, for being busa.
Old 13th December 2021, 18:00   #72
BHPian

Yamaha Aerox 155.

Have always wanted to ride a good, sporty scooter. And while TVS Ntorq has been a great attempt by TVS, the Aerox just leaves the competition behind by miles in this segment. I remember going to The Philippines a few year ago and envying how they get to ride some of the best scooters while we being such a large consumer of scooters are stuck with generation updates for Activa (nothing wrong with Activa - it is a great product in itself - but does not get my pulse racing). Finally, a worthy scooter for the closet petrol-heads amongst us.
Wageabond is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2021, 18:24   #73
BHPian

Electric 2-wheelers are the future and am hoping Ola S1 makes it a reality *fingers crossed*
Old 13th December 2021, 19:24   #74

Well, I will vote for the Yamaha R15 v4.

Why?

Now the R15 is much more focused and a serious beginner track tool. They even give quick shifters (not a gimmicky one, it does work!). Sorted out major plastic quality issues from the older generation. R15v4 truly gives a great sporty experience on a budget.

In the higher capacity range, Triumph Trident is worth a mention for sure. that inline-3 music at a relatively affordable price point actually killed the competition. It's a great bike for those who are graduating from sub 500cc machines.
Old 13th December 2021, 20:54   #75
BHPian

Aerox 155, voted
Not because I own it, my previous bikes were C500, Fazer and Vespa Elegante 150. Yamaha imported Aerox as CKU, did a soft launch and probably expected to fail. But the response was overwhelming and most of the Showrooms doesn’t have a display model yet.

I’ve been using Aerox as my daily commuter for more than 45 days. Believe me guys, this is a game changer on scooter segment. This demon baby of R15 is running like it has a vendetta to put all other bikes behind in the city drive.

Only drawback is it’s stiff suspension.

My second vote goes to Jupiter 125.
Vivek_ACM is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks