Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2022, 11:05   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPR View Post
I'm also in same boat as yours. Have you finalised? I need to replace my 15 year old daily errand bike Libero. I'm eyeing that TVS Raider. Mix of most things needed I feel. But having lived with trouble free Yamaha I'm inclined to put my money on FZx or FZ25. You can also have a look at FZx. It has very comfortable seating with metal tank. So you can place a tank bag for your office commute and ride as a free bird.
I am yet to, but I am leaning towards Honda breed than Yamaha as I never had one before. I will definitely visit Yamaha showroom though to give it a test ride before finalizing.

Any comment if Unicorn is better than FZs, Pulsars for cushioned ride barring the other modern features?

The wait time here in Pune is insane for Unicorn about 1-2 months.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 7th April 2022 at 11:50. Reason: Merged consecutive posts.
Old 7th April 2022, 15:51   #47

Re: Which commuter bike for city rides?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90Horses View Post
After considering everything, I am buying a Unicorn 160, my rationale below.
I also have Unicorn on my shortlist. Waiting period is around 2 months when I enquired in 2 dealers nearby. Did you had similar experience?
Old 28th September 2022, 11:00   #48

Re: Which commuter bike for city rides?

Hi!

Sorry to hijack this thread. I have a similar requirement. Please share your recommendations.

To sum it up in one statement - I need a safe and comfortable two wheeler for the city with heavy traffic and poor roads.

I am 6 feet 2 inches tall. Currently using my dad’s scooty pep or my btwin bicycle for commute 😊
I ride sedately. Power isn’t that important since I have stopped using two wheelers at highways and mostly ride at peak hours.
Average commute per day: 20km (30 mins one way)

I rode a FZ16 for 10 years and then switched to CBR250R. I then switched to a hatchback (the wife isn’t happy with my weekend rides). After riding the CBR ABS model, most 150CC models (like FZ) doesn’t give me confidence when it comes to braking.

What’s important to me?
Comfort in bad roads, easy maintenance and excellent braking. Fuel efficiency and pricing comes next. I am brand agnostic. Open for any category - scooter/motorcycle/e-cycle

I realised specs doesn’t convey everything. FZ25 and RTR200 4V have dual channel ABS but braking performance is pretty average.

I did a test ride of the following models:
1. Honda highness - ticks every box but unpleasant at crawling speeds. Heavy and not agile at slow speeds. Brake pad issues reported by a good number of owners.

2. FZX, FZ25 - Ticks every box except braking. Not very comfortable at potholes but I can always slow down and make it through

3. Burgman - Brakes again weren’t great! Comfortable and spacious. With a heavy pillion it wasn’t easy to climb slopes but I ll be doing most of the ride alone. 22L storage space meant I can dump my bag inside and ride with more comfort. Agile!

I will be testing XPulse, Ntorq, Avenis and the legendary Dio this week.

Other models in consideration but I couldn’t get a test ride vehicle:
RTR2004V
Aerox
Husqvarna Svartpilen
Kawasaki W175 (135kg kerb weight sounds attractive to me)

Budget: 50k-2.5L on the road. Cheaper the better 😊
madrasmandayan is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed