Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st December 2021, 18:08   #1
Senior - BHPian

Eishin Chihana appointed Chairman of Yamaha Motor India

Eishin Chihana has been appointed as the new Chairman of Yamaha Motor India. He replaces Motofumi Shitara.

Name:  Yamaha.jpg
Views: 156
Size:  39.3 KB

Eishin Chihana has been associated with the Yamaha Group since 1991. He has handled the company's operations in Europe, North America, Africa, the Middle East and ASEAN countries. He has managed overseas sales of motorcycles ATVs, marine engines, personal watercraft and generators.

This year, Yamaha launched various products in the Indian market, including the Aerox 155 maxi-scooter, the FZ-X and the R15 V4.0.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 31st December 2021 at 18:10.
TusharK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st December 2021, 20:55   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Eishin Chihana appointed Chairman of Yamaha Motor India

It would not make much of a difference for the people waiting for the bigger capacity bikes from Yamaha.

More stickered versions and new colors on the scooter will be launched one after the other.
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2022, 01:18   #3
BHPian

Ever since Mr. Roy Kurian left, Yamaha stopped all their CKD and CBU bikes. Currently, there are no superbikes on sale for Yamaha India and not sure if any will be coming too.
I know Mr.Roy was instrumental in bringing in some niche products like the MT-09 and the YZF-R3, but the more I look at the situation now, the more I understand that Yamaha India has changed a lot. Their costliest product is the R15M now. We are in 2022 and fast moving to the end of IC engines. Common Yamaha, bring in the Tenere, Tracer, R3, R7, MT-10 and the R1. Sales would be less, but you cannot expect stock to be moving like commuter bikes. I still know people who will die for the R1. But no, Yamaha says you can get the R15 only.
Xaos636 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2022, 06:16   #4
BHPian

I hope one of the first acts of business is getting more big bikes into the country or at the bare minimum proper spares and service support for existing big bike owners. But then again I won't be surprised if it's more money into new vinyl printers and ink because the new sticker job every other year is oh so much more important than anything else.

In all seriousness, I hope he is able to clean up Yamaha Indias act as far as being super lethargic to get us the mouth-watering lineup of bikes that the rest of the world gets to enjoy.

Cheers
Krishna
krishnaprasadgg is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks