Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2022, 18:16   #166
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Yezdi Motorcycle Brand relaunched with Adventure, Scrambler & Roadster models

Yes, even I feel the PD review by Schumi is biased. He did not cover the braking, tyres, power delivery of the Scrambler in the video. I definitely observed negative overtones in the review, like that sarcasm where he mentions the rake angle is unknown and yezdi is taking forever to provide that info. I fell he has a bone to pick with yezdi in this review.
sagarpadaki is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2022, 21:02   #167
BHPian

Re: Yezdi Motorcycle Brand relaunched with Adventure, Scrambler & Roadster models

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Yes, even I feel the PD review by Schumi is biased. He did not cover the braking, tyres, power delivery of the Scrambler in the video. I definitely observed negative overtones in the review, like that sarcasm where he mentions the rake angle is unknown and yezdi is taking forever to provide that info. I fell he has a bone to pick with yezdi in this review.
In my view, an automobile review has to be relative also, the way we appraisals :

What is the need this particular product is fulfilling? How good a job is it doing fulfilling that, by itself and relative to alternatives?
Whats the user base that it makes sense for?
In addition to what it's particular limitations arre, what are the limitations of the alternatives that it trumps, OR what compromises do we have make with those alternatives?

So, i would ask, if not the yezdi scrambler then, which other bike checks as many boxes I want checked without parking another one in my garage?

I like the yezdi scrambler. Would I buy one?
In all likelihood, NO considering that I feel I won't be satiated untill I have at least two motorcycles.

But if I wanted one to do commuting, look good when I go for a lunch with office colleagues, one I can take my son or my wife on a spin on, one that I would take touring where I may find open highways, gravel, inconspicuous speed breakers in mofussil towns, humps on a back country road, winding mountain roads that are perfectly tarred, a sense of security that I won't have to dissolve an FD to repair a major damage while fooling around on trails in the Aravallis... I would be willing to spend money on a yezdi scrambler to make it exactly what I would like it to be.
KayEss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2022, 12:43   #168
HTC
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Loved your post. How can a true blue original Yezdi be offtopic on a Yezdi reincarnation thread?

Would have really loved it if you could have also posted a video of the exhaust note.
@Ebonho,

Here goes the exhaust note of my 94 model Yezdi Roadking 250 which was recorded today. Sorry for poor quality audio due to other noises.

HTC is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th February 2022, 12:57   #169
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTC View Post
@Ebonho,

Here goes the exhaust note of my 94 model Yezdi Roadking 250 which was recorded today. Sorry for poor quality audio due to other noises.

https://Youtube.com/watch?v=nTJUVisJnJ0?feature=share
Lovely bro. Keep her well. These are timeless classics of ours.

Cheers, Doc
ebonho is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 6th February 2022, 12:03   #170
Senior - BHPian

the PD review of scrambler comes across simply as a case of sour grapes.

i had some respect for PD and the journalist, but reviews like this will only damage the reputation in my eyes. The review hardly covers all aspects of the bike and spends more time and energy in making fun of their "forever" tagline. How mature from PD!!

If yezdi decided to not go the typical way of organizing a media launch with invites, star hotel stays, beautiful locations, free rides and other goodies, i feel its a good move. Post the 390 adv media launch, and the quality of reviews from reputed journalists, it all comes across as staged and pre conceived like a movie script.

Some people were mentioning the yezdi trios being reviewed by new age tom dick and harries as youtube vloggers. They may not have the shooting, editing skills, or their language may not be polished, but their raw footage and excitement in voice is good enough to communicate the feeling. And biking is all about feelings.
I have not seen the yezdi bikes in real, and all my understanding of the bikes so far are via youtube videos and forums like this. And this is one launch where almost all have said more of good things on the bike than bad. The product does look good, and performs better than competition on most front. yezdi launching 3 bikes in different category which are quite different from each other and not just on cosmetics itself is commendable. Esp when those bikes work well in their respective domain, gathered from initial reviews and excitement.

PD video picks on suspension being hard. Scramblers do tend to have a bit of hard suspension to prevent bottoming out off the road. Its like saying xpulse suspension feels hard in city compared to unicorn. The journalist seems too spoilt by the ultra expensive digitally adjustable suspension on his bikes like mutistrada and africa twin.. for that matter, even his 390 duke runs on a sophisticated suspension system from another bike. Cant expect suspension on a 3L bike work like a 20L bike.

Another point he spends time on is how yezdi launched the bike with all accessories shown on the bike and the bikes being delivered have none of them and thats disappointing. Indian market is mature enough to understand that. Companies like RE have already started charging different prices for different colour/finish variants. With Yezdi showing accessories, at least we have options from beginning to pick, choose and plan our bike and accessories. Accessories are reasonably priced too. Nothing much to crib there i feel as the PD video does.

Personally, i really like the yezdi scrambler from reviews and how it looks. I have always liked scramblers be it triumph or Ducati. I will surely test ride it, and would have loved to get one but i have been trying to convert my interceptor to do scrambler kind of duty, more on functional aspect, less on visual. Else i was very drawn towards the yezdi scrambler.
nasirkaka is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 6th February 2022, 14:01   #171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasirkaka View Post
the PD review of scrambler comes across simply as a case of sour grapes.
Missing out on media rides and not being given importance by Yezdi may be one part of it. What if it’s an attempt to paint the Yezdi trio or specifically the Scrambler in a bad light to spoil their party.

Royal Enfield have a lot to lose if the Yezdi trio are successful, it could be a dedicated/underhand attempt to spoil their name by making these established channels/reviewers put out such stuff due to their reach in the public domain.

Just saying

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th February 2022, 15:18   #172
Senior - BHPian

Picked this up on Wednesday to complement my Fat Boy and the aging Electra in the garage. Odo when received was 2.4 kms. It is now 197 kms after a ride to the Pavna Dam yesterday. Enjoyed the ride w/o worrying about height of speed breakers or depth of craters on the road. This is my first "liquid cooled" toy and love the sprightly nature of the bike. I am all ear to ear grin so far .

Details experience will follow. Sharing some pics meanwhile.

Yezdi Motorcycle Brand relaunched with Adventure, Scrambler & Roadster models-img20220203wa0009.jpg
D- day. With my daughter.

Yezdi Motorcycle Brand relaunched with Adventure, Scrambler & Roadster models-pxl_20220203_073937086.jpg
Standing next to the Electra in the garage.

Yezdi Motorcycle Brand relaunched with Adventure, Scrambler & Roadster models-pxl_20220205_061634852.jpg
Black stallion looks!

Yezdi Motorcycle Brand relaunched with Adventure, Scrambler & Roadster models-pxl_20220205_033204032.jpg
Country cousins.

Yezdi Motorcycle Brand relaunched with Adventure, Scrambler & Roadster models-pxl_20220205_030630807.jpg
Out on the first excursion

Cheers,
-BJ
bj96 is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 6th February 2022, 15:25   #173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj96 View Post
Picked this up on Wednesday to complement my Fat Boy and the aging Electra in the garage.

Cheers,
-BJ
Congrats buddy (somehow reticent to call you by your initials ...).

Lovely looking bike!

Do please start an ownership thread with more photos and hopefully a soundtrack of its firing.

Cheers, Doc
ebonho is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 6th February 2022, 15:39   #174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Royal Enfield have a lot to lose if the Yezdi trio are successful, it could be a dedicated/underhand attempt to spoil their name by making these established channels/reviewers put out such stuff due to their reach in the public domain.
Very true! Forget riders being divided over brands, the media and auto journalism out there is more divided and biased basis the lobby they belong to. Its like medical reps luring doctors to prescribe their medicines. Look at the kind of reviews Meteor 350 got from these established reviewers, not to take away anything from the product.

Its not just auto journalists, even known and famous individual YouTube vloggers, having large number of followers, are lured by brands basis gifts and goodie boxes. If you follow some of them, you would see that many who are in good book of other camps have not yet reviewed the yezdi trio. Earlier, When not so famous, they would have made multiple videos by now to get likes and views.

Last edited by nasirkaka : 6th February 2022 at 15:44.
nasirkaka is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th February 2022, 20:56   #175
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 2269177
Country cousins.
Congratulations!!

Comparison please!!

How do they stack up against each other? I've not ridden the Himalayan till now but I did manage to get some miles under me on the Yezdi. Needless to say, very impressed by this bike, especially the nimble handling and suspension!

Here's one I managed to click with the Yezdi's Big Brother!

Yezdi Motorcycle Brand relaunched with Adventure, Scrambler & Roadster models-img_20220116_07562603.jpeg
"Bade Miyaan toh Bade Miyaan, Chote Miyaan Subhanallah"

Last edited by AlQuazi : 6th February 2022 at 21:08.
AlQuazi is online now   (11) Thanks
Old 6th February 2022, 23:20   #176
Distinguished - BHPian

Team BHP : Indian automotive media is crap. All these so called journalists do is sing praises of every motorcycle that is launched and never find anything wrong with any new product.

also ....

Team BHP : How could one popular channel put up such a negative review of a bike that wasnt even given for testing to the media houses by the manufacturer? Why didnt the presenter use flowery language and list out all the good things about the bike in the video?

We cant have it both ways

After my initial visit to the showroom, I havent had the opportunity to follow up with them for a long test ride. Hopefully in the coming week I can get some time and the showroom is willing to give the bike for a decent period.

But, two motorcyclist friends of mine (who do not know each other and who stay in different cities) did go and check out the bikes and the feedback that I heard from them was not positive. Both of them didnt like the bikes and in similar words, they did say that the final product felt half baked. I do respect both their opinions and will not just jump onto the Yezdi bandwagon yet.
neil.jericho is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 7th February 2022, 01:05   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasirkaka View Post
If you follow some of them, you would see that many who are in good book of other camps have not yet reviewed the yezdi trio. Earlier, When not so famous, they would have made multiple videos by now to get likes and views.
None of time professional journalist have received test ride bikes, they can not post their reviews without that. That's why this bike does not have any professional reviews yet. All the "reviews" you seen so far are by people who have got a short test ride from the showroom. A lot of people on this thread have already mentioned that.

There are no camps. Sorry to disappoint but there is no conspiracy theory here.
Old 7th February 2022, 12:49   #178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_rock098 View Post
None of time professional journalist have received test ride bikes, they can not post their reviews without that. That's why this bike does not have any professional reviews yet. All the "reviews" you seen so far are by people who have got a short test ride from the showroom. A lot of people on this thread have already mentioned that.

There are no camps. Sorry to disappoint but there is no conspiracy theory here.
Sir, please read again. Here i am talking about famous youtube vloggers and their channels on the likes of bulubiker, junaid of AOM, mumbaiker, etc having a sizable followers.
When CB350 was launched, a vlogger and biking enthusiast by the name Abhinav from Delhi made a series of very informative videos having equal or better content them some of the professional auto journalists.
And there are camp everywhere, be is politics, movies, cars, bikes, even on teambhp.
nasirkaka is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th February 2022, 14:45   #179
Senior - BHPian

Big Yezdi ride with the CEO and lots of riders right here in Poona.

Don't like the yellow. The blue one was the best.

Two adult males, 2 up touring. Pillion seems to be pretty pleased with the comfort of the Adventure. Less so (understandably) with the Scrambler.

Cheers, Doc

Last edited by ebonho : 7th February 2022 at 14:53.
ebonho is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2022, 09:41   #180
BANNED

Quote:
Picked this up on Wednesday to complement my Fat Boy and the aging Electra in the garage. Odo when received was 2.4 kms. It is now 197 kms after a ride to the Pavna Dam yesterday. Enjoyed the ride w/o worrying about height of speed breakers or depth of craters on the road. This is my first "liquid cooled" toy and love the sprightly nature of the bike. I am all ear to ear grin so far .
Congratulations! Wish you many happy and safe kms on the new ride!

Looks great with major accessories in place. Look forward to a detailed ownership thread!
Mafia is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed