Team-BHP > Motorbikes


Reply
 
Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2022, 10:44   #181
BHPian
 
rahulcmoulee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 128
Thanked: 458 Times
Default Re: Yezdi Motorcycle Brand relaunched with Adventure, Scrambler & Roadster models

Yezdi Adventure vs RE Himalayan comparison by ZigWheels
rahulcmoulee is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th February 2022, 11:14   #182
Senior - BHPian
 
ebonho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 5,810
Thanked: 8,231 Times
Default Re: Yezdi Motorcycle Brand relaunched with Adventure, Scrambler & Roadster models

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulcmoulee View Post
Yezdi Adventure vs RE Himalayan comparison by ZigWheels
https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=Ts0JL4AttYQ
This is Zigwheels. Which said the TRK was less quick to a 100 than the Himalayan.

Considering that the Auto Car testers managed to pull the TRK a lot quicker than the Himalayan and just a tad under the Adventure 250 KTM, this Yezdi Adventure should and probably will relegate the Himalayan to the slowest Adventure in India. By a pretty big chasm.

No surprises there.

Cheers, Doc
ebonho is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th February 2022, 12:37   #183
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 386
Thanked: 652 Times
Default Re: Yezdi Motorcycle Brand relaunched with Adventure, Scrambler & Roadster models

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
This is Zigwheels. Which said the TRK was less quick to a 100 than the Himalayan.

Considering that the Auto Car testers managed to pull the TRK a lot quicker than the Himalayan and just a tad under the Adventure 250 KTM, this Yezdi Adventure should and probably will relegate the Himalayan to the slowest Adventure in India. By a pretty big chasm.

No surprises there.

Cheers, Doc
An even bigger chasm would be the sales of the Himalayan vs the TRK and Yezdi put together.

Other media companies will take time to get Yezdi reviews out since Yezdi haven't sent any media bikes. The Yezdi Adventure Zigwheels review was with a customer bike.
bf1983 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2022, 13:01   #184
Senior - BHPian
 
ebonho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 5,810
Thanked: 8,231 Times
Default Re: Yezdi Motorcycle Brand relaunched with Adventure, Scrambler & Roadster models

Quote:
Originally Posted by bf1983 View Post
An even bigger chasm would be the sales of the Himalayan vs the TRK and Yezdi put together.

Other media companies will take time to get Yezdi reviews out since Yezdi haven't sent any media bikes. The Yezdi Adventure Zigwheels review was with a customer bike.
Sales does not matter to me as a rider. The bikes do.

Splendor and Activa are the highest selling bike and scooter models in India. Ever. By some margin. What does that mean to me as a rider?

I do not own equity in either of the 3 companies. Nor do I get paid in cash or kind by any of the 3. Nor have I anything invested in the thought processes and buying decisions of paying junta.

I'm just a rider looking at 3 bikes. And I like what I see of the Yezdis. I've ridden the Himalayan. The TRK I'm kinda indifferent to more because of the company than the bike per se.

Cheers, Doc

Last edited by ebonho : 8th February 2022 at 13:06.
ebonho is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 8th February 2022, 13:32   #185
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 386
Thanked: 652 Times
Default Re: Yezdi Motorcycle Brand relaunched with Adventure, Scrambler & Roadster models

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Sales does not matter to me as a rider. The bikes do.
Well said ! I too ride a bike which was a commercial flop in India. Though to be fair the reasons why the Himalayan will readily outsell the Yezdi is one of main disadvantage of the Yezdi which is dealer network spread and readily availability of spares and accessories.

These are Adventure bikes and a lot of owners will want to take them to more remote areas where your chances of finding spares for the Himalayan are leagues better than either the Benelli or the Yezdi.

That's primarily why the power figures don't matter as much on these Adventure bikes as they aren't designed for outright performance but for long distance touring or off roading and the Himalayan is better in this regard due to the softer suspension, more tractable engine and better low end torque which is a boon for off road performance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Sales does not matter to me as a rider. The bikes do. I'm just a rider looking at 3 bikes. And I like what I see of the Yezdis. I've ridden the Himalayan. The TRK I'm kinda indifferent to more because of the company than the bike per se.

Cheers, Doc
The TRK is really a road focused bike rather than an Adventure bike like the Yezdi or the Himalayan and is more a competitor to something like a Duke 250 or even a Suzuki SF250
bf1983 is offline  
Old 8th February 2022, 13:38   #186
Senior - BHPian
 
ebonho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 5,810
Thanked: 8,231 Times
Default Re: Yezdi Motorcycle Brand relaunched with Adventure, Scrambler & Roadster models

Quote:
Originally Posted by bf1983 View Post
Well said ! I too ride a bike which was a commercial flop in India. Though to be fair the reasons why the Himalayan will readily outsell the Yezdi is one of main disadvantage of the Yezdi which is dealer network spread and readily availability of spares and accessories.

These are Adventure bikes and a lot of owners will want to take them to more remote areas where your chances of finding spares for the Himalayan are leagues better than either the Benelli or the Yezdi.

That's primarily why the power figures don't matter as much on these Adventure bikes as they aren't designed for outright performance but for long distance touring or off roading and the Himalayan is better in this regard due to the softer suspension, more tractable engine and better low end torque which is a boon for off road performance.



The TRK is really a road focused bike rather than an Adventure bike like the Yezdi or the Himalayan and is more a competitor to something like a Duke 250 or even a Suzuki SF250
I do not agree that the Himalayan is better. In any way.

If KTM were to build a 125 Adventure, that too would probably be better than the Himalayan.

Also, if a bike a well built, you do not need to plan your rides around a dealer network. Only a petrol network.

I'll leave it there because my rants against RE and their new age motorcycles are not appreciated and this is a thread for Yezdis ...

Cheers, Doc

P.S. As a Bullet rider of over 2 decades, having owned 3 500s, I do not give even a paisa's credence to this low end torque myth (better described colloquially as jumla or hauvva). On paper Bullets have great low end torque. Ride a Bullet in peg deep slush or snow melt or a non paved steep slope like Jalori and do the same on a KTM. All on paper figures fly out of the window with the acrid smell of burnt clutch plates.

P.P.S. Power or Torque low down or high up means nothing when you have a right wrist and you know how to use it.

Last edited by ebonho : 8th February 2022 at 13:51.
ebonho is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 8th February 2022, 13:48   #187
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Pune
Posts: 636
Thanked: 1,854 Times
Default Re: Yezdi Motorcycle Brand relaunched with Adventure, Scrambler & Roadster models

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
I'm just a rider looking at 3 bikes. And I like what I see of the Yezdis. I've ridden the Himalayan.
Hey Doc,

Just ride the Yezdi s and share your views, no? It'll help the forum to understand the differences. Neel already did a skillful review, not everyone will be able to do that from the word go!

The Koregaon Park showroom may be near to you.

Happy riding,
surjaonwheelz
surjaonwheelz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th February 2022, 13:54   #188
Senior - BHPian
 
ebonho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 5,810
Thanked: 8,231 Times
Default Re: Yezdi Motorcycle Brand relaunched with Adventure, Scrambler & Roadster models

Quote:
Originally Posted by surjaonwheelz View Post
Hey Doc,

Just ride the Yezdi s and share your views, no? It'll help the forum to understand the differences. Neel already did a skillful review, not everyone will be able to do that from the word go!

The Koregaon Park showroom may be near to you.

Happy riding,
surjaonwheelz
Have you ridden them? Let's meet up there and ride them. Would be nice to catch up too.

Wednesdays and Fridays are my training recovery days if those work for you in the evening?

Cheers, Doc
ebonho is offline  
Old 8th February 2022, 14:43   #189
Senior - BHPian
 
Kosfactor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: bangalore
Posts: 2,629
Thanked: 6,939 Times
Default Re: Yezdi Motorcycle Brand relaunched with Adventure, Scrambler & Roadster models

A rider friend of mine who is brand agnostic happened to take a test ride on the Scrambler. He said that it is like a KTM and will appeal to younger KTM 390 crowd.

The ride is stiff, handling is sporty, brakes are very good & its got plenty of power for what feels like a very light motorcycle.

In that conversation he realized that being in late 30`s means motorcycles does not necessarily mean the same thing as he did 10 years back.

Coincidentally I happened to be in this place, as the story goes the Jawa\Yezdi brand`s promoter is erstwhile rulers of Mysore state.

Yezdi Motorcycle Brand relaunched with Adventure, Scrambler & Roadster models-yezdi-bar.jpg

Made me wonder if classic legends should have better marketed these vehicles down south with Karnataka \ Mysore being the center of their campaign.
Kosfactor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2022, 14:57   #190
Senior - BHPian
 
ebonho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 5,810
Thanked: 8,231 Times
Default Re: Yezdi Motorcycle Brand relaunched with Adventure, Scrambler & Roadster models

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
A rider friend of mine who is brand agnostic happened to take a test ride on the Scrambler. He said that it is like a KTM and will appeal to younger KTM 390 crowd.

The ride is stiff, handling is sporty, brakes are very good & its got plenty of power for what feels like a very light motorcycle.

In that conversation he realized that being in late 30`s means motorcycles does not necessarily mean the same thing as he did 10 years back.

Coincidentally I happened to be in this place, as the story goes the Jawa\Yezdi brand`s promoter is erstwhile rulers of Mysore state.

Attachment 2269847

Made me wonder if classic legends should have better marketed these vehicles down south with Karnataka \ Mysore being the center of their campaign.
Or the older 390 crowd as well.

I always used to think that the nane Yezdi was of Parsi origin because of the owners.

While watching some You Tube videos, I read a comment by a Czech gent who claimed that it's actually derived from two Czech words.

Someplace else says it's a play on the Czech verb Jezdi (rides).

Don't know what to believe now ...

Cheers, Doc

Last edited by ebonho : 8th February 2022 at 15:14.
ebonho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2022, 15:24   #191
Senior - BHPian
 
Kosfactor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: bangalore
Posts: 2,629
Thanked: 6,939 Times
Default Re: Yezdi Motorcycle Brand relaunched with Adventure, Scrambler & Roadster models

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Or the older 390 crowd as well.

I always used to think that the nane Yezdi was of Parsi origin because of the owners.

While watching some You Tube videos, I read a comment by a Czech gent who claimed that it's actually derived from two Czech words.

Someplace else says it's a play on the Czech verb Jezdi (rides).

Don't know what to believe now ...

Cheers, Doc
Some history of this is in here, an old article from Autocar.

Link

In short - Jawa became Yezdi after the license from Czech brand was over. Yazd means god in Persian. Jawa is a combination of two Czech names.
Kosfactor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th February 2022, 19:20   #192
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: Noida
Posts: 43
Thanked: 89 Times
Default Re: Yezdi Motorcycle Brand relaunched with Adventure, Scrambler & Roadster models

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
A rider friend of mine who is brand agnostic happened to take a test ride on the Scrambler. He said that it is like a KTM and will appeal to younger KTM 390 crowd.

The ride is stiff, handling is sporty, brakes are very good & its got plenty of power for what feels like a very light motorcycle.

In that conversation he realized that being in late 30`s means motorcycles does not necessarily mean the same thing as he did 10 years back.

Coincidentally I happened to be in this place, as the story goes the Jawa\Yezdi brand`s promoter is erstwhile rulers of Mysore state.

Attachment 2269847

Made me wonder if classic legends should have better marketed these vehicles down south with Karnataka \ Mysore being the center of their campaign.
Off topic but still wanted to slip this through since I keep hearing this thing about motorcycles and youth. From folks lamenting the 30 milestone to throwing in the towel in late 30s is something I find infuriating.
Having crossed 40, just a while back, I can confidently say that I was fitter and stronger in my late 30s compared to my late 20s, to the extent that I could significantly outpace young men from plains on Himalayan hikes, at least before the pandemic induced sabbatical from the gym.

I liked riding bullets in my late 20s. Now I like high revving motorcycles as long as they are not very vibey.
Sure I wouldn't like a stiff suspension on a bumpy road but then who would, other than a complete masochist?

Point being, you need to eat, ride, wear what FEELS right. That, mostly, is related to your physical and mental makeup, not your D.O.B.

Last edited by KayEss : 8th February 2022 at 19:37. Reason: Minor omissions
KayEss is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 8th February 2022, 20:23   #193
BHPian
 
rahulcmoulee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 128
Thanked: 458 Times
Default Re: Yezdi Motorcycle Brand relaunched with Adventure, Scrambler & Roadster models

Yezdi Adventure First Ride Review by PowerDrift
rahulcmoulee is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th February 2022, 20:27   #194
Senior - BHPian
 
ebonho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 5,810
Thanked: 8,231 Times
Default Re: Yezdi Motorcycle Brand relaunched with Adventure, Scrambler & Roadster models

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayEss View Post
Off topic but still wanted to slip this through since I keep hearing this thing about motorcycles and youth. From folks lamenting the 30 milestone to throwing in the towel in late 30s is something I find infuriating.
Having crossed 40, just a while back, I can confidently say that I was fitter and stronger in my late 30s compared to my late 20s, to the extent that I could significantly outpace young men from plains on Himalayan hikes, at least before the pandemic induced sabbatical from the gym.

I liked riding bullets in my late 20s. Now I like high revving motorcycles as long as they are not very vibey.
Sure I wouldn't like a stiff suspension on a bumpy road but then who would, other than a complete masochist?

Point being, you need to eat, ride, wear what FEELS right. That, mostly, is related to your physical and mental makeup, not your D.O.B.
Age is in the mind. Sure your body ages. But what you do with it is driven largely by your mind and attitude.

Bikers are fit in certain ways, and those who tour have the endurance, most have the reflexes.

But overall bikers are highly unfit creatures. It's only when you stop riding and start a sport seriously that you realise even if you are not obviously overweight how neuromuscularly and aerobically unfit you are

Don't need to get uptight about this simple life observation. It is what it is, and you actually have to go through it to appreciate it.

While you are into it, it's difficult to have the same 360 perspective.

Cheers, Doc

P.S. I'm 51 now.

Last edited by ebonho : 8th February 2022 at 20:34.
ebonho is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th February 2022, 20:43   #195
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2021
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 42
Thanked: 115 Times
Default Re: Yezdi Motorcycle Brand relaunched with Adventure, Scrambler & Roadster models

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulcmoulee View Post
Yezdi Adventure First Ride Review by PowerDrift
https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=Sv1yMma-biY
See, this was much better put across than the first one. Atleast they discussed many points instead of taking a filmy approach. I like how the elaborated the refinement aspect. I didn't know that the 5k Jerry can rack up front was a mandatory accessory either. Himalayan and the base Java adventure cost share the same ex showroom price then.
Grimlock is online now   (1) Thanks
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2022, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks