Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2022, 21:04   #256
BHPian

Re: Yezdi Motorcycle Brand relaunched with Adventure, Scrambler & Roadster models

Reviving this thread with Sarge's review of the Scrambler. I think it's pretty spot on.

Also, the Enfield Scram launches tomorrow.

Neel
petrolhead_neel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2022, 23:05   #257
Senior - BHPian

Re: Yezdi Motorcycle Brand relaunched with Adventure, Scrambler & Roadster models

Engine seems to be freeing up with every passing kilometre and after getting used to the short gearing, climbing up the hill was easier today .

Yezdi Motorcycle Brand relaunched with Adventure, Scrambler & Roadster models-pxl_20220319_012441055.jpg
Living it Up!

Yezdi Motorcycle Brand relaunched with Adventure, Scrambler & Roadster models-pxl_20220319_013015687.jpg
Another early morning appointment with the nature.

Yezdi Motorcycle Brand relaunched with Adventure, Scrambler & Roadster models-pxl_20220319_011951520.jpg
Country cousins. Notice the full moon (Holi Purnima) shining bright in the sky.

-BJ

Last edited by bj96 : 19th March 2022 at 23:10.
bj96 is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 21st March 2022, 07:42   #258
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj96 View Post
Nice photo.
NSK123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2022, 07:06   #259
BHPian

No Yezdi ownership reviews?

I was keen on reading reports by people who had put down money on the new Yezdis, but haven't seen anything on here so far. If there's anyone who bought one, please do share your views, I believe many people here would be curious. I have a Himalayan (which I do not anyway ride because I am abroad) and despite only having done 6,000 km I feel an urge to sell it and get something different. I am particularly interested in knowing what the service experience is like, whether they hold up well in day to day use etc.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 29th April 2022 at 08:28. Reason: Please refer post #91 for a short review of the Scrambler and the Adventure.
Old 8th May 2022, 17:54   #260
Senior - BHPian

Having ridden my Yezdi Adventure for about 1400 kms, 3 months and mandatory first service over, time for a personal review.

Looks!.
With fully kitted and panniers mounted, it is a beast on the road. In all black matt paint avatar, appears big, like a class higher ADV and gives out a good road presence. Guards at The Sassy Spoon Restaurant, in Koregaon Park mistook it as an expensive bike and gave me a reserved parking when I was out for the dinner.

Engine & Performance
Sweet exhaust note (to my liking) at the idle. Have not removed the DB killer, which is easy thing to do. Strong mid-range, pulls like a freight train between 2000 - 6000 rpm. Reaches 90kmph in 5th gear even before you realise. Can cruise all day between 100-110 km/h without sweat. A little more grunt in the higher RPM would have been welcome. Engine appears harsh and noisy post 6500 rpm. It has improved a bit after first service and 1200 kms. Anyways 'buzziness" doesn't feel intrusive unless we cross 125 km/h or so. Engine heats up and radiator fan kicks in often in city riding. Considering it is a high compression single cylinder motor, the overall feel and refinement is acceptable for the price paid.

Mileage
80% highway and rest city riding returns about 30-31 kmpl (MID reported). I feel XP95 gas makes it smoother (placebo?) but, no appreciable change in mileage. Speedo is quite accurate.

Comfort and handling
Low end is not good. I stalled it multiple times in the beginning due to my old school muscle memory. Gear shift is notchy between 1st and 2nd, especially when cold. Need some tuning in riding habits. After getting used to these nuances it is quite fun to pull from signal. CG and weight distribution are well controlled. Bike doesn't feel too heavy in the traffic (not tried with panniers) with my 5'7" frame. It appears nimble on curves too (am used to Fat Boy). Very very comfortable on bad roads. Soaks up potholes with ease. Longest have done about 300 kms round trip in a day, towards the end of nearly 6 hrs ride it started to hurt my bottom. I am spoilt by Fat Boy's long distance comfort. Hopefully, after some more riding my body will get adjusted to the "new seat" and posture.

Bybre brakes, ABS from Continental (tried only road mode) and Ceat rubbers do a fine job together. Braking is excellent.

Accessories
OEM Headlight grill, hard pannier boxes, stays and hand-guard protection added from Yezdi dealer. These are priced reasonably and fit-and-finish is fine. Seat cover I have added from Sansclassic. LED Headlight is okay for in-city riding. On highways need auxiliary lighting, which is planned. Bluetooth turn by turn navigation should have used Google Maps instead of MapMyIndia. It is bit sow to startup and many destinations are not mapped.

Unlike Himalayan, Yezdi Adv's after market is non-existent. Few companies like Zana have added their accessories but, so far they are only overlapping things like crashguard, bash plate etc which anyways are available as OEM too.

Spare parts and service
Costed 300/- or so for replacing the broken front brake lever, when the bike was dropped by a friend when getting off, appears reasonable. First service cost was about 1600/- (without labour) is reasonable too. Most items including accessories are now available in stock with Pune dealer, which was not the case in Feb-Mar.

Reliability?
Too early! However, have done one Pune to Ahmednagar and back to Pune ride under scorching sun (41 degC) with 100+ cruising without any hiccups. No niggles so far. Finger crossed.

Bottomline
Happy with my purchase. It is a good second (third for me) bike in the garage. I am recommending this to friends with similar budget and requirements .

Now some pictures :

First 1000 kilometers on the way to the office.
Yezdi Motorcycle Brand relaunched with Adventure, Scrambler & Roadster models-pxl_20220421_040930990.jpg

Added panniers, headlight grill and hand guards. All Yezdi OEMs. Fit and finish is adequate for the prce.
Yezdi Motorcycle Brand relaunched with Adventure, Scrambler & Roadster models-pxl_20220401_064603561.jpg

Yezdi Motorcycle Brand relaunched with Adventure, Scrambler & Roadster models-pxl_20220401_125157504.jpg

Moments from a morning ride somewhere near Junnar.
Yezdi Motorcycle Brand relaunched with Adventure, Scrambler & Roadster models-pxl_20220219_043107114.jpg

Any other questions, please post here. Will try to revert.

Cheers,
-BJ

Last edited by bj96 : 8th May 2022 at 18:09. Reason: limit smileys
bj96 is offline   (30) Thanks
Old 8th May 2022, 21:17   #261
BHPian

Quote:

Looks!.
With fully kitted and panniers mounted, it is a beast on the road. In all black matt paint avatar, appears big, like a class higher ADV and gives out a good road presence. Guards at The Sassy Spoon Restaurant, in Koregaon Park mistook it as an expensive bike and gave me a reserved parking when I was out for the dinner.

They didnt give me one when i visited them a couple of months ago. Is it because i have the poorer cousin?

Loved your short review. I test rode one a few months ago and the brakes are so much better than the Himalayan's brakes. If I was buying one today; I would surely buy the Yezdi over the RE.
Attached Thumbnails
Yezdi Motorcycle Brand relaunched with Adventure, Scrambler & Roadster models-img20220226wa0010.jpg  

Last edited by rahul4321 : 8th May 2022 at 21:19.
rahul4321 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 31st May 2022, 21:21   #262
Senior - BHPian

How are these motorcycles selling in the market, does anyone know what the current situation is like?

There was a lot of euphoria initially, hoping that's also been reflected in the sales data, which are nigh on impossible to get hold of.
Old 1st June 2022, 10:48   #263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortbread View Post
How are these motorcycles selling in the market, does anyone know what the current situation is like?

There was a lot of euphoria initially, hoping that's also been reflected in the sales data, which are nigh on impossible to get hold of.
Its hard to say unless until Classic Legends decides to publish the monthly sales data for Jawa/Yezdi. Besides, I'm seeing quite a few Roadsters and Scramblers here in Chennai and in fact couple of them are in my street. Haven't seen a Adventure yet or may be I passed it off as a Himalayan.
Torino is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st June 2022, 11:52   #264
BHPian

Quote:

Found some numbers from FADA that combine Yezdi + Jawa (Classic legends) they seem to have good growth year on year internally, mainly due to Yezdi since it was launched in Jan. But are a long way from making a dent on the goliath RE sales at 47k (Apr 22).
Grimlock is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st June 2022, 12:27   #265
BHPian

I've been seeing good numbers of Jawas and Yezdis on a regular basis here. Threre's a couple of Adventures on my own street and quite a lot more CL bikes in my locality.

Though I think this might be isolated to Mysore since this city was the epicentre of the erstwhile Jawa company and cult. Naturally, people here would have a stronger sentiment and recollect for the company that made the motorcycles in their town.

Last edited by drt_rdr : 1st June 2022 at 12:30.
drt_rdr is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st June 2022, 22:57   #266
Distinguished - BHPian

These bikes are nearly impossible to spot in Kerala. While discussing with fellow motorcycling enthusiasts in Bangalore, I learnt that it is the same there as well. Im not surprised.

The awful fit and finish levels on the initial bikes did more to damage their success, than anything else. The arrogance of their dealers didnt help at all, either. Classic Motors has to learn that you only get one opportunity to make a first impression. Sadly, they never seem to pick up anything from their past mistakes. Rinse and repeat.
neil.jericho is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2022, 15:07   #267
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimlock View Post
But are a long way from making a dent on the goliath RE sales at 47k (Apr 22).
I think the biggest victim of the Yezdi launch euphoria has been in-house, Jawa has kind of lost flavour among new buyers. The Yezdi brand and three model lineup looks way more attractive.
shortbread is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2022, 20:33   #268
BHPian

Quote:
I think the biggest victim of the Yezdi launch euphoria has been in-house, Jawa has kind of lost flavour among new buyers. The Yezdi brand and three model lineup looks way more attractive.
Yes, launching the Roadking sometime in the future probably wont help with this too. I just cant help but wonder what the numbers might have been if they had used the Mojo engine on the Jawa without fiddling with it.
Old 4th June 2022, 20:40   #269
BHPian

I had an opportunity to ride the Roadster for around 1600kms, across Meghalaya.

Firstly, the bike looks like a poor man's Iron 883, that's one reason it sells(as told by the Yezdi technician).

it does look and feel premium but does have some unfinished edges here and there.
The moment you crack the engine, it roars and has a high RPM of around 1800, a pain in bumper to bumper traffic. Comfortable to ride on plane roads have done around 300kms at a stretch. no issues at all. Excellent on highways, very engaging to ride, but not as stable as a Dominar the 6th gear is boon but runs out-breath at around 4500 RPM and you can feel those vibrations on the handlebars and foot pegs. The seating position was fine for me (5.9 ft and on a heavier side), you need to take some stretch breaks for your legs. The handlebar position is good, but the bar end mirrors are a pain while taking u-turns. If you like highways go for this, it's worth every penny. The breaking is amazing and has a good bite, (in my bike the ABS was not functional).

The pain points.
All the good things turn into a disaster, the moment you hit a bad patch of road. Not at all built for bad roads, it is just horrible.

The headlight is of no use, neither the low beam nor the high beam.
kvamshi04 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th August 2022, 14:52   #270
BHPian

Quote:

Any other questions, please post here. Will try to revert.
Hi, I got my delivery of the Adventure just 10 days ago and had a few noob questions -

1. Everything on the bike feels very tight. The clutch, the shifting. I can hear the shifting thuds sometimes. The clutch pulling also requires a fair bit of effort. Gear shifts become notchy at times, especially going from 1 to 2 when I get stuck in N and it's a rev bomb or vice versa, trying to go down from 2 to 1 and gets stuck in N. Overall, it's smooth but these issues do exist. Also, it gets easier as the engine warms up but the getting stuck in N is still there even after warming up.

I am attributing this to the "new bike stiffness" and it should hopefully go away with time and usage. Or is there something I should look out for?

2. There is no visible fluid in the front disc brake fluid reservoir. There are no issues in the braking though. Is this normal?

3. While moving around the bike in parking spaces, with me seated on the bike the bike makes kind of a squealing noise. I think it's from the rear suspension but I don't know. This happens when pushing the bike backwards. Engine turned off and gear in neutral. Maybe it requires some oil/grease?

The bike has completed just 300 kms so far. Any help would be appreciated as this is my first bike. The ownership review is on the assembly line.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks