Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2023, 12:05   #286
BHPian

Re: Yezdi Motorcycle Brand relaunched with Adventure, Scrambler & Roadster models

Classic Legends (YEZDI/ JAWA) have a habit of not disclosing their numbers but they cannot hide from Registration Numbers accounted for in VAHAN DASHBOARD.

Pleased to provide M-O-M Registration numbers as below.

CLASSIC LEGENDS PVT LTD
Month Total Registered Vehicles
Jan-22 2371
Feb-22 3436
Mar-22 4265
Apr-22 3718
May-22 3575
Jun-22 3327
Jul-22 3119
Aug-22 3244
Sep-22 2928
Oct-22 3759
Nov-22 3712
Dec-22 2709
TOTAL 40163

Their Yearly sale is less than Royal Enfield's Monthly Numbers.

Reference: https://vahan.parivahan.gov.in/vahan4dashboard/
IshWish is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 16th February 2023, 19:51   #287
Senior - BHPian

Re: Yezdi Motorcycle Brand relaunched with Adventure, Scrambler & Roadster models

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshWish View Post
Classic Legends (YEZDI/ JAWA) have a habit of not disclosing their numbers but they cannot hide from Registration Numbers accounted for in VAHAN DASHBOARD.

Pleased to provide M-O-M Registration numbers as below.

CLASSIC LEGENDS PVT LTD
Month Total Registered Vehicles
Jan-22 2371
Feb-22 3436
Mar-22 4265
Apr-22 3718
May-22 3575
Jun-22 3327
Jul-22 3119
Aug-22 3244
Sep-22 2928
Oct-22 3759
Nov-22 3712
Dec-22 2709
TOTAL 40163

Their Yearly sale is less than Royal Enfield's Monthly Numbers.

Reference: https://vahan.parivahan.gov.in/vahan4dashboard/
Thanks for that, for a company that unashamedly called out RE at launch, they have fallen well short. Albeit its still a 5 year young company. Two more brands to follow Jawa and Yezdi. There's the more modern sport/commuter line up under the Peugeot brand. Then on the upper end BSA Gold Star has recently been launched in the UK. So too early to give up on the two wheeler business, but a big uphill climb nonetheless.
shortbread is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th October 2023, 13:19   #288
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortbread View Post
Thanks for that, for a company that unashamedly called out RE at launch, they have fallen well short. Albeit its still a 5 year young company. Two more brands to follow Jawa and Yezdi. There's the more modern sport/commuter line up under the Peugeot brand. Then on the upper end BSA Gold Star has recently been launched in the UK. So too early to give up on the two wheeler business, but a big uphill climb nonetheless.
Could be that the sales team is also not that aggressive. I called one showroom to find the availability of the Adventure in Slick Silver. He said that colour is discontinued. Clearly, he wants to sell me the mambo black that is there on stock.
Promised a call back. No response.

Checked with another showroom. Same story.

Anyways, I rode a friends bike the other day and am really hooked onto it. It beats the living daylights of the Himalayan except in torque. That gets annoying in city traffic. Otherwise, it is a nice motorcyle.
beejay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2024, 12:10   #289

Helloooo,

I am the owner of a 2022 Scrambler as soon as it came out. I bought the red and silver as soon as it came out.

The only other motorcycle I have owned before this is the KTM duke 200, the very first version. But I thought it was time to buy something that has history, heritage and is not a modern plastic (no offense against them they are amazing as well). Basically something you hand down in your family, a traditional motorcycle.

Royal Enfield has some great products with one important element lacking: A quick take off. I have driven every RE known to man and none of them take off. The low end rpm is weak and so I gave up. The interceptor was the closest choice but in the 20 minutes of bumper to bumper test driving the heat was scalding my leg. 650 cc might have been too much for me.

When the scrambler came out, it was an instant yes for me because it ticked the following boxes:

1. absolutely quick take off
2. Great maneuvrabilty despite its weight
3. Looks! an aggressive looking traditional modern retro
4. A history and heritage

My daily usage is weaving through Mumbai traffic, quickly. I do not go on tours and I do not go offroading as much as I would like to.

But when the rest of the motorcycles take off at the light, I am kind of gone already. (I do not street race its just the uptake of the bike)

I did a very preliminary review a while ago I am posting the link below, but am also posting a few more pros and cons

Pros:
Extremely mischievous engine
Looks are not common
A heritage looking bike
Fairly modern. Different riding modes plus can switch off ABS
The Yezdi emblem
An already blacked out bike body
Really good accessories, I got the headlight grill too
Good responsive service team
no breakdowns or serious issues that put me in crisis at all.
Ample pillion rider space

Cons:

Its a young brand after revamp, so I wouldnt say the engine is super refined. My needs are different but I dont know anyone else's
The mirrors undergo a lot of NVH
Suspension could have been much better for a scrambler
Some auxillary parts start rusting but they're more like footpegs etc. Also I live right next to the sea.

after spending a year and a half I felt like the colour scheme could do some refreshing and I have always been a fan of the baker express colour scheme so I JUST got it repainted. Enjoy the pictures!
Attached Thumbnails
Yezdi Motorcycle Brand relaunched with Adventure, Scrambler & Roadster models-3545f3d8fcf149ffa6f209236864b903-2.jpg  

Yezdi Motorcycle Brand relaunched with Adventure, Scrambler & Roadster models-img_3214-2.jpg  

Yezdi Motorcycle Brand relaunched with Adventure, Scrambler & Roadster models-17789e589ed44ca79a432463abe58e5d-2.jpg  

Yezdi Motorcycle Brand relaunched with Adventure, Scrambler & Roadster models-2.jpg  

Yezdi Motorcycle Brand relaunched with Adventure, Scrambler & Roadster models-img_8160.jpg  

Yezdi Motorcycle Brand relaunched with Adventure, Scrambler & Roadster models-img_8189.jpg  

Yezdi Motorcycle Brand relaunched with Adventure, Scrambler & Roadster models-img_8182.jpg  

cityscrambler is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 24th February 2024, 16:49   #290
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityscrambler View Post
Helloooo,

I am the owner of a 2022 Scrambler as soon as it came out. I bought the red and silver as soon as it came out.

after spending a year and a half I felt like the colour scheme could do some refreshing and I have always been a fan of the baker express colour scheme so I JUST got it repainted. Enjoy the pictures!
The pictures are lovely! If I may ask? How many kilometres have you put on the bike in the year of ownership and did you take it for a long run once or more? And also some offroading?

Also, if you have the knack for test riding bikes. Did you try the triumph scrambler 400x? And if yes how does it compare to your ride?

Last edited by Axe77 : 27th February 2024 at 08:28. Reason: Few typos. Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers. Thanks
TheStoryweaver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2024, 23:06   #291
BHPian

Quote:
Helloooo,

Ain't that a looker !
Could you share more images of the bike please? Especially the rear end with the "tail tidy", I've never really liked the look of that tire hugger.
amoi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2024, 19:05   #292
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

The review was helpful. I was always keen to find a bike that had cruiser type vibes but not with the sleepy engine they traditionally have because they are annoying while overtaking. Nowadays the only problem with cruisers is their slow acceleration. Although I had Yezdi in my mind but never thought about it. Your review gave me clarity.

Last edited by KarthikK : 25th February 2024 at 19:19. Reason: Minor edits
TheManualGear is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2024, 10:50   #293

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boringrider View Post
Hi, I got my delivery of the Adventure just 10 days ago and had a few noob questions -

1. Everything on the bike feels very tight. The clutch, the shifting. I can hear the shifting thuds sometimes. The clutch pulling also requires a fair bit of effort. Gear shifts become notchy at times, especially going from 1 to 2 when I get stuck in N and it's a rev bomb or vice versa, trying to go down from 2 to 1 and gets stuck in N. Overall, it's smooth but these issues do exist. Also, it gets easier as the engine warms up but the getting stuck in N is still there even after warming up.
It might be probably due to the chain having no slack in it. It causes the upshifts to be tight, and harder to engage neutral, or sometimes you need to move the bike back and forth to engage first gear.
Old 26th February 2024, 23:03   #294
BHPian

Quote:
Helloooo,

I am the owner of a 2022 Scrambler as soon as it came out.
Those pictures were perfect to drool.
One thing I notice is that, the rear mudguard is not there, is it because you modified it that way? If so, how do you manage during monsoon mainly when the roads are just wet enough to throw away mud?
Old 26th February 2024, 23:12   #295

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStoryweaver View Post
The pictures are lively! If i may ask? How many kilometres have you put on the bike in the year of ownership and did you take it for a long run once or more? And also some offroading?

Also, if you have the knack for test riding bikes. Did you try the triumph scrambler 400x? And if yes how does it compare to your ride?
Honestly I dont go for long rides. So I couldnt help you review her there. A bit of offroading yes, no issues.

I did ride the scrambler 400. Its a more refined engine, but lacks mischief and spunk. Doesnt take off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balaji31582 View Post
Those pictures were perfect to drool.
One thing I notice is that, the rear mudguard is not there, is it because you modified it that way? If so, how do you manage during monsoon mainly when the roads are just wet enough to throw away mud?
Given that I live in Mumbai I do not endeavour to go out in the monsoons at all

But without the mudguard, the bike’s whole vibe changes.

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

Last edited by Axe77 : 27th February 2024 at 01:33. Reason: Merging back to back posts.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks