Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th January 2022, 20:47   #46
BHPian

re: Yezdi Motorcycle Brand relaunched with Adventure, Scrambler & Roadster models

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
And none of them looks "Yezdi" to me, except that engine case. I wonder why they chose not to start the resurrection with the "Roadking" -

Attachment 2259366
What Classic Legends is doing is nothing but the most cheap marketing gimmick of using the legendary " Yezdi" name and emotions associated with that motorcycle, to market another product that has nothing to relate it with the original Yezdi, at least to some poor folks like me who adored Yezdi in our childhood. This motorcycle is only a rebadged Jawa ( Jawa of Classic legends and not the original), even employing the same panels, shamelessly. Another Himalayan blunder, most probably.
Ashley Nair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2022, 21:00   #47
Senior - BHPian

re: Yezdi Motorcycle Brand relaunched with Adventure, Scrambler & Roadster models

This engine is supposed to be the PERAK engine and not the same one on the Jawas.

What exactly is the difference? Is it just a rebore more cc and power, or are their fundamental differences too?

Also, the Jawas seem to be having a reported issue of shutting off in 2nd when coasting to a light or in tight traffic. Anything being done on that?

Last edited by ebonho : 13th January 2022 at 21:05.
ebonho is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th January 2022, 21:01   #48
BHPian

Quote:
And none of them looks "Yezdi" to me, except that engine case. I wonder why they chose not to start the resurrection with the "Roadking"
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordrayden View Post
I beg to differ, don't think emotional connect works that simply. I know many in their 30s and 40s are have a soft spot for Yezdis and Jawas. If you look at the multitude of Yezdi/Jawa clubs, you will see a big chunk of younger people in them. All of them potential target customers for such new bikes.
I agree with both of the above points. I really wish they did a resurrection of the Roadking - at the least as a limited edition variant, for old times sake. If they had done so, it just might have started off an old-meets-new kind of adulation from today's gen & fueled a flood on Instagram reels

But seriously, I'm not too impressed with the line-up. The Jawa line up did more justice on the nostalgia scale. Yezdi's DNA is lost here.
Old 14th January 2022, 00:16   #49
BHPian

Naturally the most noise is about 'Yezdi' launching these bikes. Is it emotional play, cheap strategy to use the name, etc.? If I take the name out of the equation and simply look at the pictures of the bikes, I see a set of lovely looking machines being added as an option on our roads and a big thumbs up on that count. Now all I can hope is these are reliable and perform well.
mindshack is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th January 2022, 00:37   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
This engine is supposed to be the PERAK engine and not the same one on the Jawas.

What exactly is the difference? Is it just a rebore more cc and power, or are their fundamental differences too?

Also, the Jawas seem to be having a reported issue of shutting off in 2nd when coasting to a light or in tight traffic. Anything being done on that?
Wasn't the Perak the worst engine in the Jawa lineup with its insane vibrations?

Remembering this video where literally everything is vibrating.

Old 14th January 2022, 08:46   #51
Senior - BHPian

Re: Yezdi Motorcycle Brand relaunched with Adventure, Scrambler & Roadster models

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_rock098 View Post
Wasn't the Perak the worst engine in the Jawa lineup with its insane vibrations?

Remembering this video where literally everything is vibrating.

https://Youtu.be/G9hLxvGKaJQ
I'm a Bulleteer buddy.

I need the bike to vibrate to know that it's running.

If you've ridden the old Yezdis, that beautiful firing, you could feel each one of those pops though your body.
ebonho is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th January 2022, 09:15   #52
BHPian

Re: Yezdi Motorcycle Brand relaunched with Adventure, Scrambler & Roadster models

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Exactly, this has been a known problem of Jawas and there was not a single word from company officials to sort out this issue. The engine shuts off abruptly on disengaging the clutch.

Even today, Jawa bikes are suffering from poor workmanship and quality issues. Unless they improve the quality of their products, only emotional marketing would not be able to keep the ball rolling.

I own a Jawa 42 2.1
Subby is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th January 2022, 09:17   #53
Senior - BHPian

The name aside, this looks like a great effort by CL. Esp given the fact that they launched all 3 at one go and did not take years to launch them one by one pretending to develop 3 different bikes and keep the excitement alive kinda stupid pitch.
Remember that RE didn't update their tech and sold millions of leaking bikes experiencing engine seizures and all of that was termed as character. Heck even CB350 engine was supposed to be bulletproof ala Honda yet has issues reported. So am all for giving CL a chance and hopefully they have used the feed back from the Jawa launch and improved the fit/finish/quality/A.S.S which is where RE has come along way in last 5yrs.

Plus 30bhp is way more meaningful than low 20s. That and riding modes, better instrument cluster, additional optional kit from the get go for me a significant improvement already over the competition.

Btw - the roadster looks more Harley than anything else but then i don't know how else to make a roadster look like one. The adv could simply be called Yezdi Himalayan though - duh!

Last edited by Nilesh5417 : 14th January 2022 at 09:31.
Nilesh5417 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th January 2022, 09:40   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby View Post
Exactly, this has been a known problem of Jawas and there was not a single word from company officials to sort out this issue. The engine shuts off abruptly on disengaging the clutch.

I own a Jawa 42 2.1
So does a buddy of mine who is also most frustrated by this ....

Yezdi Motorcycle Brand relaunched with Adventure, Scrambler & Roadster models-img20220113wa0014.jpg

He's going to be testing out the TRK, the Adventure and the Scrambler (on my push) this weekend, hopefully back to back.

Cheers, Doc
ebonho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2022, 10:08   #55
Senior - BHPian

The bikes look yum. The design of these bikes is much more natural / organic.

They are not "trying" to be macho. The RE looks like a bouncer, who is looking macho, because everyone expects it to look macho. Useless bulk (macho biceps with tight T-Shirt), horrible seat ergonomics (the folded hands posture), mean accessories (kada and black wayfarers).

I know RE fanboys are gonna come after me, but if that happens, that will prove my point above, wont it :P

(all above is written in light humour)
Attached Images

Last edited by 2000rpm : 14th January 2022 at 10:26.
2000rpm is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th January 2022, 10:19   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000rpm View Post
The bikes look yum. The design of these bikes is much more natural / organic.

They are not "trying" to be macho. The RE looks like a bouncer, who is looking macho, because everyone expects it to look macho. Useless bulk (macho biceps with tight T-Shirt), horrible seat ergonomics (the folded hands posture), mean accessories (kada and black wayfarers).

I know RE fanboys are gonna come after me, but if that happens, that will prove my point above, wont it :P
Dont forget the 8 liter paunch resting on the tank and enough external armour to put a skateboarder to shame.

I agree. The Scrambler looks beautiful. As good as the Ducati that's several lakhs higher.
ebonho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2022, 10:53   #57
BHPian

My $ 0.02 :

On paper at least, the Yezdis are fantastic, particularly the:
1) scrambler: great do it all bike which should appeal to a wide audience. Best of the bunch in my view and quite a looker.
2) Adventure: pips the Himalayan~ power, torque, 6 gears, bigger tank, liquid cooling. IC is tacky !

Of course the aspects of Supply, service and spares, build quality, niggling issues (or lack thereof) etc remain to be seen. But these seem to offer tremendous value at the current price points.

I can only imagine how the 182 kg scrambler would feel like with a lighter aftermarket single exhaust, aluminium rims with outex and tubeless dual sport tyres and a few more weight saving measure (aluminium handlebar and guards maybe). Even as stock, it checks a lot of boxes. No bike other than himalayan offers as much ground clearance with an accessible seat height of 800 mm. Tha latter, as mentioned before, has lower power and more weight.

Last edited by KayEss : 14th January 2022 at 11:23. Reason: Missed the point about instrument cluster on the adv
KayEss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2022, 10:59   #58
BHPian

Quote:
And none of them looks "Yezdi" to me, except that engine case. I wonder why they chose not to start the resurrection with the "Roadking" -

Attachment 2259366
Apparently they are saying this is the RoadKing series but the actual Roadking will come at a later date and will be a much higher capacity bike.

https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/bu...a-7930161.html
Old 14th January 2022, 11:04   #59

The JAWA reeks of quality issues. When I'd been for the PDI of the Classic JAWA, I was rather disappointed with the finishing and cancelled my booking. If CL has worked on that front, RE has a solid rival in the game. Although the Yezdi bikes do not look "original" and literally look like rip-offs of the Himalayan and Meteor, I am OK as long as they ride well. The Scrambler is a new entrant to the market and will certainly push others to this segment. Have booked a test ride of the Adventure and Scrambler, yet to receive a feedback from the dealer.

Having gone through the thread and seen a lot of discussion on how these Yezdis do not resemble the "original" Yezdi, I certainly feel they could have launched one model based on the Roadking design. I am a millennial but I have always been in awe of Yezdi models. JAWA failed at that, so maybe CL didn't wanna risk it again. Nevertheless, these bikes seem good too. Test rides will only truly reveal whether they are a good match to the RE or not.
Old 14th January 2022, 11:26   #60
BHPian

I think these bikes can pick up a different set of audience who were wanting something close to the older Yezdis from 30 years ago. I hope they can try to get the exhaust sound a bit closer to the older vehicles which may attract people who have had the older bikes as well. I think they are more focused on directly competing with newer bikes like Honda H'ness, RE Meteor and Himalayan. This may help them as a company but won't bring back to vintage fans.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks