Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th January 2022, 11:43   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: Yezdi Motorcycle Brand relaunched with Adventure, Scrambler & Roadster models

Yezdi Adventure vs Royal Enfield Himalayan: specifications comparison.

Name:  20220114100401_16421342550355321053728205844895_01.jpeg
Views: 1027
Size:  55.4 KB

Yezdi Motorcycle Brand relaunched with Adventure, Scrambler & Roadster models-smartselect_20220114114242_chrome.jpg

Yezdi Motorcycle Brand relaunched with Adventure, Scrambler & Roadster models-smartselect_20220114114251_chrome.jpg

Source
Venkatesh is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 14th January 2022, 12:13   #62
BHPian

Re: Yezdi Motorcycle Brand relaunched with Adventure, Scrambler & Roadster models

Cool trio! The Scrambler and the Adventure are definitely appealing motorcycles. I'm loving the Adventure's tank design, certainly a throwback homage element to the Roadking. This will look nice parked in my garage next to my '96 Roadking, I think. It will be interesting to see if reliability is on par or better than the Himalayan. Not a very high bar, so I'm optimistic!
Uthappa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th January 2022, 12:23   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

Praiseworthy *never say die" attitude of the Classic Legends Pvt Ltd and Mahindra to go ahead with more and more of new launches. Somewhere on my mind I feel they are yet to taste success which their taste buds have been longing for since their earliest launch. They have erred somewhere both in engineering and marketing as we were expecting at least one of their earliest launches to become a runaway hit.

Rather, ever since Mahindra ventured into two wheelers by taking over the Kinetic plant in Dhar dist M. P., the sailing has been through rough seas.

The new launches of yesterday though look fresh and chic with contemporary designs are aimed at the competition where established players have offerings. To compete and beat them will be a stupendous, uphill journey. Especially the new offering from Honda the CB 350 R which is a darling of the market. And they have launched a competitor to the RE Himalayan, that has its own niche. We are not sure as to how many buyers will opt for the new Yezdi Roadster ?

RE and Honda are identifying new niche segments periodically and are also succeeding. Classic Legends with their third in the series launch now are trying to both compete with these new niche products from other bike makers as well as trying to encash the retro bike brand name nostalgia. They could have been better off by creating their own ingenious niche.

We only hope that even if a single Classic Legends model clicks, it can earn the first feather in their cap. Else next, they need to fully perfect and revamp, targeting a single model by relaunching it with newly engineered features.

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 14th January 2022 at 12:28.
anjan_c2007 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th January 2022, 12:57   #64
BHPian

Re: Retro-scrambler motorcycle with dual exhaust spotted | Seems to be a new Yezdi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Yezdi Roadster, Scrambler, Adventure official pictures and colours.

Attachment 2259333
I don't like the instrument cluster on the Adventure. It looks after-market.
catchjyoti is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th January 2022, 13:30   #65
HTC
BANNED

I know I am not adding any worthy information related to the 'new' Yezdi launch, But couldn't resist posting my Roadking's smoking pipes. This one is for the sake of nostalgia.

Trust me, 2 strokes are fun. As @Ebonho said in another post, each pop of two stroke burst can be felt while riding a old Yezdi. The riding feel is better than cast iron engine Bullets. At 60 kmph speeds, it is a zen feeling.

Down south in Mysore region, Old Yezdi's are very common. People still use them like any other modern bikes.
"Forever Bike" tagline for yezdi is very true. With nostalgia and lineage taken care of, If only 'Classic Legends' can stick to the quality and durability of the bikes, I see a bright future for them.

Dear Mods- I already have a 5 point penalty in effect. Please delete this post if inappropriate or attracts penalty. Don't want to risk a ban .
Attached Images

Last edited by HTC : 14th January 2022 at 13:37.
HTC is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 14th January 2022, 13:38   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTC View Post
I know I am not adding any worthy information related to the 'new' Yezdi launch, But couldn't resist posting my Roadking's smoking pipes. This one is for the sake of nostalgia.

Trust me, 2 strokes are fun. As @Ebonho said in another post, each pop of two stroke burst can be felt while riding a old Yezdi. The riding feel is better than cast iron engine Bullets. At 60 kmph speeds, it is a zen feeling.

Down south in Mysore region, Old Yezdi's are very common. People still use them like any other modern bikes.
"Forever Bike" tagline for yezdi is very true. With nostalgia and lineage taker care of, If only 'Classic Legends' can stick to the quality and durability of bikes, I see a bright future for them.

Dear Mods- I already have a 5 point penalty in effect. Please delete this post if inappropriate or attracts penalty. Don't want to risk a ban .
Loved your post. How can a true blue original Yezdi be offtopic on a Yezdi reincarnation thread?

Would have really loved it if you could have also posted a video of the exhaust note.

And the gear lever cum kick starter in action. Took me about a week on my RoadKing loaner (Dilip Bam's long-term tester) to get the movement just right and smooth and nonchalant as if you're not really paying attention or trying. Lol

Last edited by ebonho : 14th January 2022 at 13:52.
ebonho is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 14th January 2022, 14:36   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Yezdi Adventure vs Royal Enfield Himalayan: specifications comparison.

Attachment 2259750

Attachment 2259752

Attachment 2259753

Source
Would be interesting to see if the Yezdi has that low end grunt of the RE. The peak power and torque figures are produced at higher rpm than the Himalayan.
The launch video says rising torque spread so let's see if it's true - anyone got a test ride yet?
Old 14th January 2022, 14:44   #68
BANNED

Cheezy promo video aside, I'm liking these 3.
- Great pricing
- Fantastic designs
- Good performance
- Distinct visual personality
- Distinct exhaust notes
- Distinct performance mappings
- Distinct tyre selection to match the personality

I'm sure they'll feel very different to ride. But I'm NOT recommending these to anyone and definitely not buying anything from this manufacturer. After my sour pre-corona experience with a dealership in Gurgaon, I can't think of associating with this brand.

GGN Dealership Experience
I know I don't have to marry the sales staff. Sales are the biggest source of revenue for a vehicle manufacturer and this is where the potential customers are pampered like anything even if the aftersales may be crap.

No Solo Ride
They refused a solo ride even when I was willing to leave the Bullet 500 as collateral. Even when I offered the road test guy my motorcycle to accompany. If I bought it, I'd have only ridden it solo. The dynamics are drastically different when riding with a pillion to gauge how it'll feel when going solo.

No Open Road Ride
They didn't allow a test ride of the vehicle on roads where I could get a highway feel in top gear. So much for a recreational vehicle! As cliche as it sounds, my experience with the Royal Enfield dealership was on a whole different level. If not for the weight of the motorcycles, I'd buy an RE in a heartbeat for their ride calendar alone.

No Photographs
They didn't want me to take photos either. This is several months after the launch. So, it's not like I'm leaking anything. But I would like to see how I might look in the saddle in the riding position. I'd like to show it to my family before making a decision.

I'm not sure if I would've felt a connection with the 42 and the dealership didn't let me find out.

Last edited by MaheshY1 : 14th January 2022 at 14:46.
MaheshY1 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th January 2022, 15:02   #69
Senior - BHPian

Noice!
ebonho is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th January 2022, 15:23   #70
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby View Post
Exactly, this has been a known problem of Jawas and there was not a single word from company officials to sort out this issue. The engine shuts off abruptly on disengaging the clutch.

Even today, Jawa bikes are suffering from poor workmanship and quality issues. Unless they improve the quality of their products, only emotional marketing would not be able to keep the ball rolling.

I own a Jawa 42 2.1
Was it because of air lock in petrol tank? Few others said they are happy with new Jawa.

And I am eagerly looking for Yezdi roadster.
Old 14th January 2022, 15:55   #71
Senior - BHPian

Two videos is all it takes to confirm it's going to knock the pants off the Himalayan in pickup and top end. By some margin.

Seems to be a free reving engine.

Cheers, Doc

Last edited by ebonho : 14th January 2022 at 16:16.
ebonho is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th January 2022, 16:10   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
And none of them looks "Yezdi" to me, except that engine case. I wonder why they chose not to start the resurrection with the "Roadking" -

Attachment 2259366
I think they will do it sometime later after re-establishing the brand with this launch.

From the article:

"Yes. This is the Road King series. I’m not calling it the Road King, because the Road King was a legend. So the Road King will come--our efforts will culminate into a Road King which is a much higher capacity bike."

https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/bu...a-7930161.html
Old 14th January 2022, 16:11   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
https://Youtu.be/sDBZmJJRkX8

Two videos is all it takes to confirm it's going to knock the pants off the Himalayan in pickup and top end. By some margin.

Seems ro be a free reving engine.

Cheers, Doc
I would be delighted if the Himalayan sales are hit by both the Adv and the Scrambler.
That, perhaps, is the only thing that might, not for certain though, prod RE to finally rid it of its usual gremlins AND get a better specced one in the market.

Personally I would also have loved the Yezdi Adv to be 170ish in weight, but deep inside I always knew that it was hoping for little too much.
KayEss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2022, 17:47   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayEss View Post
I would be delighted if the Himalayan sales are hit by both the Adv and the Scrambler.
That, perhaps, is the only thing that might, not for certain though, prod RE to finally rid it of its usual gremlins AND get a better specced one in the market.

Personally I would also have loved the Yezdi Adv to be 170ish in weight, but deep inside I always knew that it was hoping for little too much.
I know exactly what you mean.

When the specs were revealed yesterday (?) I gave a damn to everything else yada yada yada and scrambled for the weight.

When I saw the scrambler was at 180, i knew we were in trouble. Because traditionally that's the lightest version of any bike which shares a platform across models.

Adventures being the fattest. The SUVs of the motorcycle universe.
ebonho is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th January 2022, 11:51   #75
Senior - BHPian

Not sure if this review has been shared earlier but there is a quick review of the Yezdi Adventure by Dino's Vault. I quite like this guy's honest and no non-sense reviews. He is all praises for this bike except the seat comfort which can of course be altered by putting a suitable seat cover.

AutoIndian is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks