Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th January 2022, 09:14   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Just to add, if it's all about cruising at 100-120 kmph, you can definitely bring in more choices from 25-30 bhp as well. My CBR 250 could hit 1.5 ton without straining, while 120 kmph is very easy.

A new touring version of Dominar has been released, if you want to take a look at it, few friends mentioned the 2020 model hits 100 kmph without the rider knowing it.

KTM adv twins are also good option for a reasonably comfortable touring, but both are quite tall bikes (855mm seat height). There's a CB 300 /350 Highness / RS from Honda, you can check it out as well.

FYI, Kawasaki service / parts are not cheap, especially for the 650 cc segment.
Thank you for your insight, I forgot to mention my extreme longing to do track days. However, that requires a full set of good riding gear, track fees, etc which can only be met a bit later.

I'm planning on keeping this one for a long time so I figured I will go a bit higher up the horse chart. I do take things slowly when it comes to motorcycles so the intial jump shouldn't be a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro.1000bhp View Post
I've been riding a 1st gen duke 390 for about 8 years now. Honestly it's all the bike I ever need. I installed a tall Puig screen meant for an FZ-1 and haven't had any windblast issues till it's too speed. It's a bit pricey at 10k but is worth every penny.

As for stability at speed any bike south of 170-180 kilos is going to be twitchy and will get tossed around in crosswinds or by passing trucks. Heavier bikes will be stable but will come at the cost of flick-ability. It's always a compromise. I, personally value flick-ability to stability due to our glorious unpredictable highways and anything that helps avoid those unforseen obstacles can save one's limb or life.

Cheers and happy choosing.
Thanks for your input! I've had a crush on the 390 KTMs for a long time now. I did not know weight played an important role in high speed stability, thought it could be managed with good aero and body dynamics.

I too value flickability due to the same reasons but a minimum amount of stability is expected. I'm planning on a TD of the KTMs and the Ninja soon.

Last edited by Aditya : 25th January 2022 at 22:33. Reason: Back to back posts merged
Old 25th January 2022, 21:29   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Need help upgrading from my MT-15

Quote:
Originally Posted by neshga View Post
Thank you for your insight, I forgot to mention my extreme longing to do track days. However, that requires a full set of good riding gear, track fees, etc which can only be met a bit later....
If you want to do track days, 390 Duke makes a lot of sense ! On the gear, my learning is you take the plunge on a good material on day 1 itself.

Else, you buy a budget set and in a short while you'll also buy a better set, which is an unwanted cost (first set). One might as well buy something they really love and not waste the initial budget.

Only thing is you should try out the gear and buy a comfy, well fitting gear.
swiftnfurious is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks