Team-BHP - MY Yamaha RD 350 pictures
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Motorbikes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/)
-   -   MY Yamaha RD 350 pictures (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/24754-my-yamaha-rd-350-pictures-7.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by alok_balsekar (Post 1802239)
Remember that the engine number should be checked on the bike NOT on the RC book.

The LT has block when viewed from the left side of the bike near the base has "Rajdoot 350cc" written on it. The HT block has only 347cc written.

Hope this helps you

What Alok says above about the head is largely true. But there are few LTs around which were made between Nov 1984 and 31st March 1985 which had heads with just showing 347 cc only. Mine happens to be one of them.

Just for your info

Best Regards & Drive/Ride Safe

Ram

Quote:

Originally Posted by alok_balsekar (Post 1801857)
Ram Sir,

It is always an honor and pleasure to see a senior RD guy like u on any forum... when are u going to come back to India this year?

Alok,

I would be in India late August this year for about a month. Otherwise due to a family situation I am coming in for short visits very often

Ram

Quote:

Originally Posted by alok_balsekar (Post 1801856)
The Y350 is a neat bike good for cruises. It is reasonably quick in terms of acceleration, but with only 21 bhp, and a single carb, not much comparison to the RD350 (30.5 bhp HT 27 bhp LT)
==================

Hell there was a time I had 3 RD350s too!!! And One Bullet.

Wow! I'm wildly jealous! Thats really something. Your bikes look fantastic. particularly the silver-grey RD.

I didn't know the Y350 was that under-powered for a bike with such a brutal looking engine.

Can it be bored up to produce a lot more though? I would imagine so.. And whats top whack on it?

Yeah, I know spares are a real pain to find. There are a couple of Y350s that have been standing at Addu bhai's for a while now for want of spares.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RT13 (Post 1804200)
Wow! I'm wildly jealous! Thats really something. Your bikes look fantastic. particularly the silver-grey RD.

I didn't know the Y350 was that under-powered for a bike with such a brutal looking engine.

Can it be bored up to produce a lot more though? I would imagine so.. And whats top whack on it?

Yeah, I know spares are a real pain to find. There are a couple of Y350s that have been standing at Addu bhai's for a while now for want of spares.

The Y350 was never designed to be a road ripper... with only one carb, that too without a reed valve, and only 4 speeds, it is at best, a really quick commuter. The engine being long stroke, the power is developed at 5500 rpm. That makes it more suitable for cruising. As for the top whack, the factory specs say 125 kmph

Hi everyone,
this is my first post in bike section,here you could see my RD 350 and my FJ 62 landcruiser.I enjoyed everyone's RD pics,amazingly restored bikes i must say.:thumbs up:thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by alok_balsekar (Post 1797783)
I am posting a picture of my RD 1983 HT. The pic was taken during a photoshoot with an auto magazine in Dec 2007

great bike
i still have that copy of autocar with me :)
A BMWF650 was also featured along

Quote:

Originally Posted by renegade (Post 1863729)
Hi everyone,
this is my first post in bike section,here you could see my RD 350 and my FJ 62 landcruiser.I enjoyed everyone's RD pics,amazingly restored bikes i must say.:thumbs up:thumbs up

Two icons, one Indian and the other a global star! Your RD looks to be in fantastic shape. While we'd love more pictures of the Yamaha, can I also request you to open up a new thread on the Landcruiser? I see that shes in the midst of a restoration.

Quote:

Originally Posted by renegade (Post 1863729)
Hi everyone,

Nice Bike ...

A few more closeup shots of the bike from different angles will be nice ....

Man! That's the best on two wheels! I haven't owned one (officially ofcourse, cause that would have nailed me to the cross! I do remember a few T-Bhpians who have walked on my shoes, Even someone with A Nick starting with a G. We might have so many bikes these days, for oldies like me, we can hear a RD a km back and we still can go a little crazy and grin ear to ear! One of the best loved RD I've seen! Ride safe and I guess you must be loving your folks for letting you have it so many years back and still have it!!

Enjoy the Vrooommmmmmmmmmms! :D

Aj :)

p.s : Bloody hell, even if it drinks like a fish, and you have to 'walk' it at times, its worth it lol.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmyjosek (Post 1795091)
I own a RD 350 for more than 20 years. Bought brand new in 1988. Till date, no repainting has been done. Still carries the original red paint. Almost all the parts are original. Spanner was applied on her only a few times. I take care of her as someone in my family. Or even more!!

It is more than pride to own one of them. It is a part of life. Everything about it is beautiful. Be it the engine, be it the riding etc etc. Even the smell of her exhaust is so much different than the peppy modern motorbikes.

I attach a picture of the beauty queen. She is preparing to go for the weekly Sunday evening outing. The only day she is let out from her home.

Please let me know your comments.

Quote:

Originally Posted by r_nairtvm (Post 1383265)
Hello Guys,

Recently I was in Trivandrum for few days. As I was there only for 5 days I did not take out my RD from its "pickled condition". But out of sheer habit I had to visit the Mechanics I use for my RD up-keep jut to say hello.

In one (Murugan, Jagathy TVM) I found two beautiful bikes. I am attaching the pictures here (Bike 1 on this)

This belongs to one Mr. Biju/Balu as per Murugan (I could be wrong on the names)

What prompted me to take the picture was the beautiful condition it was after the service. I really had a lump in my throat (almost same as I had when I first saw my Blue Beauty)

Please also note the following

Indicators - All four indicators are fabricated in Trivandrum using RX100 Dome and Lense. See how closely they resemble the original

Tail Pipes - Both the tailpipes - from the union to the bend downwards - fabricated in Trivandrum by Mr. Madhu of Vayasalai. The sound was reasonable as well (the bike was in need of tuning- its on Points I believe and Murugan was never a good tuner)

I am sure all of you would enjoy this

Best Regards. Thanks and Ride Safe

Ram
I just had to ask if the owner might be interested in selling

Hi Ram chetta,

If I remember correctly, I used to look at you with admiration when you used to ride your peacock blue RD 350 in Poojappura years back. And I stay pretty near to your home back in Poojappura. The bike in your pics is mine. Sorry for not giving an introduction. My name is Balu, basically an automobile engineer. Initial days of career was with San motors (San Storm car division) as a R&D engineer, but now ended up doing a software job.

I am using the bike for more than 12 years and the mint condition of the bike is just because I have not taken it to any Mechanic other than Murugan Annan. My bike doesnt run on points. It run on a CDI ignition installed by Murugan Annan.

I agree with all your points except one. I have a difference of opinion on your comment about Murugan Annan's tuning skills. I had to rely on mechanics from Bangalore and Chennai when I was working there and visited many famous workshops, but finally I had to bring my bike back to Trivandrum to get the tuning issues fixed and ride with peace of mind (My bike had points then).

Indicator stay was fully my design and I wanted it to be slightly bigger to get a macho feel. Madhu Annan did a good job on the silencers. Combination of mechanic skills with 2 imported pistons, bearings and few other quality part gives a good riding feel.

Hoping to see you in your blue baby soon. Thanks and safe riding.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balu (Post 2701688)
Hi Ram chetta,

If I remember correctly, I used to look at you with admiration when you used to ride your peacock blue RD 350 in Poojappura years back. And I stay pretty near to your home back in Poojappura. The bike in your pics is mine. Sorry for not giving an introduction. My name is Balu, basically an automobile engineer. Initial days of career was with San motors (San Storm car division) as a R&D engineer, but now ended up doing a software job.

I am using the bike for more than 12 years and the mint condition of the bike is just because I have not taken it to any Mechanic other than Murugan Annan. My bike doesnt run on points. It run on a CDI ignition installed by Murugan Annan.

Hi Balu

Good to see a owner respond after a few months of his bikes being in forum.

I still stay in Poojapura (when I am not in Dubai) and my BB is there as well.

When your PM is activated (I think it will be after you have 25 posts) please PM your coordinates in Poojapura, so that I can try and place you

Ram

Quote:

Originally Posted by r_nairtvm (Post 2702060)
Hi Balu

Good to see a owner respond after a few months of his bikes being in forum.

I still stay in Poojapura (when I am not in Dubai) and my BB is there as well.

When your PM is activated (I think it will be after you have 25 posts) please PM your coordinates in Poojapura, so that I can try and place you

Ram

Chetta,

I was not active in TBHP for a while and hence had to start all over again. Will surely keep in touch. Are you planning to come down to tvm anywhere soon.

Do you have any bikes in Dubai?

Regards,
Balu

Quote:

Originally Posted by vikramvicky1984 (Post 1883536)
great bike
i still have that copy of autocar with me :)
A BMWF650 was also featured along

Vikram hi,

If its not too much trouble, can i request you to scan that article and email it to me at ravi(at)rearwheeldrive.in ?

I distinctly remember that article which featured the RD350 and the F650 and had saved the mag somewhere but lost it during a home renovation. I've finally got both bikes in the stable and would love a copy of that article.

Much appreciated.

Thanks
Ravi

a modified RD 350 (on FB)

Quote:

Originally Posted by vinay kamath (Post 3784032)
a modified RD 350 (on FB)

Vinay, this as you know is a pure RD (250/350 etc.) thread. As such this picture is kind of out of place, I feel (Only the engine cover has some semblance to a RD engine).

Hence, my suggestion is for you please request the Moderators to move to Wacky Modifications thread :)

Best Regard & Drive/Ride Safe

Ram