Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2010, 21:44   #76
BHPian

Contact atul_astro [Atul Haldankar] in the forum. He will be able to help you.
Old 23rd January 2010, 01:35   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aruncheloor View Post
Contact atul_astro [Atul Haldankar] in the forum. He will be able to help you.

Hi Arun

Thankx for that info,i will contact him.
Old 23rd January 2010, 17:43   #78
BHPian

neat bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rice_tuner View Post
heres mine
post 1990 LT, ported nearly 1mm, KN&N and rejetted

it is indeed a neat bike, since childhood i have this dream of owning RD 350 but till now it is just a dream

thanks
sajid
Old 21st March 2010, 22:42   #79
BHPian

I own a RD 350 for more than 20 years. Bought brand new in 1988. Till date, no repainting has been done. Still carries the original red paint. Almost all the parts are original. Spanner was applied on her only a few times. I take care of her as someone in my family. Or even more!!

It is more than pride to own one of them. It is a part of life. Everything about it is beautiful. Be it the engine, be it the riding etc etc. Even the smell of her exhaust is so much different than the peppy modern motorbikes.

I attach a picture of the beauty queen. She is preparing to go for the weekly Sunday evening outing. The only day she is let out from her home.

Please let me know your comments.
Attached Thumbnails
MY Yamaha RD 350 pictures-img_0823a.jpg  

Old 21st March 2010, 23:10   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyjosek View Post
I own a RD 350 for more than 20 years. Bought brand new in 1988. Till date, no repainting has been done. Still carries the original red paint. Almost all the parts are original. Spanner was applied on her only a few times. I take care of her as someone in my family. Or even more!!

It is more than pride to own one of them. It is a part of life. Everything about it is beautiful. Be it the engine, be it the riding etc etc. Even the smell of her exhaust is so much different than the peppy modern motorbikes.

I attach a picture of the beauty queen. She is preparing to go for the weekly Sunday evening outing. The only day she is let out from her home.

Jimmy,

Great looking bike. Did you buy it originally from Kochi. I am happy to know of another owner in Kerala who has bought the bike new from showroon 22 years ago.

How much KM has it done till date. What is the serial number of your bike.

Best Regards and Drive/Ride safe

Ram
Old 23rd March 2010, 07:14   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyjosek View Post

Jimmyjosek, that is a beautiful and well maintained RD. I appreciate your effort. Was she bought from Geo Motors? I've spotted most of the RDs in Cochin, but never seen yours. Where do you take her for Sunday outings?

Thanks,
Jose.
Old 23rd March 2010, 10:02   #82
BHPian

I am posting a picture of my RD 1983 HT. The pic was taken during a photoshoot with an auto magazine in Dec 2007
Attached Thumbnails
MY Yamaha RD 350 pictures-4159931910_b0176891b5_o.jpg  

Old 23rd March 2010, 11:40   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alok_balsekar View Post
I am posting a picture of my RD 1983 HT. The pic was taken during a photoshoot with an auto magazine in Dec 2007

Lovely bike Alok.

I notice you also are the proud owner of a Yezdi 350 Twin. Whats that like? Do you have pictures of it? Its a monster of an engine and I'm a fan but I'm curious about how an owner feels about it versus the RD350. How do they stack up against each other and how do you feel about each?

Cheers

Rahul
Old 24th March 2010, 19:10   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Alok

Good to see you in TBHP

Best Regards & Drive/Ride safe

Ram

(rd350b)
Old 25th March 2010, 06:42   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RT13 View Post
Lovely bike Alok.

I notice you also are the proud owner of a Yezdi 350 Twin. Whats that like? Do you have pictures of it? Its a monster of an engine and I'm a fan but I'm curious about how an owner feels about it versus the RD350. How do they stack up against each other and how do you feel about each?

Cheers

Rahul
The Y350 is a neat bike good for cruises. It is reasonably quick in terms of acceleration, but with only 21 bhp, and a single carb, not much comparison to the RD350 (30.5 bhp HT 27 bhp LT) On the top side the Y350 can do 100 kmph all day long without tiring out. It has a long-stroke engine and the compression ratio is 8.8:1 as compared to 6.6:1 for the RD. Torque is also closely matched with the Y pumping out 3.2 Kgm as opposed to 3.3 kgm for the RD. The Y350 of course by virtue of it's longer stroke develops that torque at a much lower rpm, hence the better cruising capability.

My Y350 is not in top shape and is under restoration for a LONG time now for want of spares <sigh>. will post pics when she is ready ot be unleashed.

. I even have the original sales leaflet for the Y350. I will post a scan of it asap. In the mean time u can view my bike pics at:

Flickr: sixspeedtwin's Photostream

Here u will see pics of a Y350 that I sold off some time ago. I do not have the pics of my current Y350.

People go green with envy when they know that I had 2 Y350s at one time, both with clean papers.

Hell there was a time I had 3 RD350s too!!! And One Bullet.
Old 25th March 2010, 06:45   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
Alok

Good to see you in TBHP

Best Regards & Drive/Ride safe

Ram

(rd350b)
Ram Sir,

It is always an honor and pleasure to see a senior RD guy like u on any forum... when are u going to come back to India this year?
Old 25th March 2010, 10:48   #87
BHPian

Hi All,

Sorry for my ignorance. I just wante dto know how to differentiate between HT and LT in RD 350. There is a RD eating dust here and the owner claims it to be a HT, but i do not know how to make sure it is really a HT?
Old 25th March 2010, 11:43   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsessedByFIAT View Post
Hi All,

Sorry for my ignorance. I just wante dto know how to differentiate between HT and LT in RD 350. There is a RD eating dust here and the owner claims it to be a HT, but i do not know how to make sure it is really a HT?

Hell this has been done to the death. here we go again:

HTs were sold, to the best of my knowledge from Sept 1983 to Nov 1984. Nov 1984 is when I have seen MY FIRST registered LT.

Not many ppl know this but HT bikes the engine number starts with IAI.51.XXXX
where the XXXX will stand for a number between 66 and 2048. (The first and Last engine numbers I have seen)

LT engine numbers will begin with 00XXXX where XXXX will be numbers. earliest LT I have seen is 003XXX. I assume at most 2200 HTs were made.

This is PURELY my estimate. I may be wrong. but most ppl do not even know of this numbering sequence.

Remember that the engine number should be checked on the bike NOT on the RC book.

The LT has block when viewed from the left side of the bike near the base has "Rajdoot 350cc" written on it. The HT block has only 347cc written.

The LT has 110 size main jets the LT has 140 size main jets.

LT Head is different and so u can completely insert your finger into the gap between the head and the block. In the HT the gap is smaller.

HT had flat silencers, LT has tapering ends like RX100.

HT engine roar is louder, LT is a little bit more muted.

HT will start pulling from 4500 rpm all the way till 7000-7500 rpm.

LT will enter powerband from as low as 2750-3000 rpm and will only pull to 6000 rpm.

HT: 30.5 bhp @ 6750 rpm. LT: 27 bhp

as per owner's manual HT : 150 kmph LT: 130 KMPH top speeds. (this many people will debate).

All in all this is how it stands. But thru the course of yaers and in desperation of looking for spares, MANY bikes have been hybridized. Mine was too. Had to go thru cr*p to get it back to stock.

AND REMEMBER: RD350 IN INDIA WAS NEVER SOLD WITH YAMAHA WRITTEN ON THE TANK. IT WAS ALWAYS RAJDOOT AND THE BIKE WAS CALLED RAJDOOT 350.

Hope this helps you

Last edited by alok_balsekar : 25th March 2010 at 11:45.
Old 25th March 2010, 18:51   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Hell this has been done to the death. here we go again:
Thanks for the wonderful info and describing it in detail. You could have just guided me to the link where this info is already shared and I would have read it!
Old 25th March 2010, 22:35   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsessedByFIAT View Post
Thanks for the wonderful info and describing it in detail. You could have just guided me to the link where this info is already shared and I would have read it!
That is not from a link my friend, us old time RD boys have that off the top of our heads!!!

Ride on and Ride safe!!!!

Most Viewed