Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2022, 18:08   #1
BHPian

Think before getting your bike serviced at authorized service centre of Venetian Honda

Today I faced one of the worst service experience of all time. I’m an Automobile engineer with a 4+ years of experience in car sales and service, so I’m technically sound enough to understand the issues and I get my bike serviced at the Authorized Service center since my dad prefers it. The bike in picture is a 2012 manufactured honda shine which has done more than 1 lac kms (has also done an all India tour of 12 Jyotirlinga and 4 Dham in 2019). For the first 5 years it was serviced at Venetian Honda Service centre and after warranty all the major work other than some oil changes was done at the service centre.

I had taken my bike to venetian Honda Kandivali west for an oil change, air filter change and a small leakage of lifter tensioner cover at 9:30 am.

Think before getting your bike serviced at authorized service centre of Venetian Honda-img_20220202_140029_221.jpg

Met a service advisor who didn't even knew how to talk and spoke as if I had come to borrow some money from him. I straight forwardly told him that I only need the oil change, air filter change and the lifter tensioner oil leakage to be sorted out. He tried to add some unnecessary stuff like AMC and also said that you will have to change the spark plug along with the air filter and told that I will have to take general service as well. He also told that there is some tappet and cylinder noise also and when I told that the piston, cylinder block and valves were replaced 2 months back at your service centre, he was mum for a minute and regrated opening his mouth.

A new technician took the vehicle (I know it since I have been visiting them since the past 9+ years). He opened the lifter tensioner and fitted it back after applying some sealant , since gasket was not available and later was given in writing that the gasket is out of stock. They should have checked that before opening it. While the vehicle was being serviced I saw that he had removed the carburettor as well . When I asked him why the carburettor was open to which he replied that the carburettor air pipe was stuck and hence needed some cleaning. I told him that I haven't mentioned to clean the carburettor since the bike was working well and there was no complaint regarding it. To which he was dumb stuck. When I told him to call his manager, one of the mechanics jumped in and told that he had removed the carburettor to check the other bike. I was kind of shocked.

Think before getting your bike serviced at authorized service centre of Venetian Honda-img_20220202_101728.jpg

I tried to talk to their manager but he was not available and was told that he will come in sometime. Waited for some time but there was no sign of him. Tried to get his number but was denied. Asked the receptionist to which she mentioned that it's on the board. Tried to call on that number but it was of someone else.

Think before getting your bike serviced at authorized service centre of Venetian Honda-img_20220202_130701.jpg

While changing the oil I asked them to change the washer of oil drain plug, the technician told that the washer is out of stock. Another technician jumped in and said that he has a washer and brought a somewhat used washer. A simple thing like washer is not available which is the least basic of a service centre shows the attitude and their seriousness towards their work.

Asked the floor manager to give me in writing on mail that they had opened the carburettor without any permission or work and the technician also accepted that he had opened it to check the other bike. The floor manager didn't even had the courtesy to accept the mistake on their part and initially tried to rubbish my claim saying that the carburettor was opened for just servicing and they do it with every bike and initially told they don’t have any email id and later on told that they don’t have any permission to send a mail.

I called honda 2 wheeler customer care and narrated them my ordeal to which they registered my complaint and the service centre got into action. In the meantime my dad also called them and they tried to convince him on call rather than talking to me in person. They got ready to give it to me in writing on a paper but it didn’t make any sense since there was no one senior to address it.

I was waiting for their reply and in the meantime saw 1 technician (who was trying to cover the bike) and a service advisor changing the left side mirror with an old mirror; most probably removed from some other bike at the service centre. When I went near them they told that the mirror was damaged while shifting the bike and when I told them that I was present while the bike was being parked they all promptly and silently left the place.
Think before getting your bike serviced at authorized service centre of Venetian Honda-img_20220202_130222.jpg
Think before getting your bike serviced at authorized service centre of Venetian Honda-img_20220202_130147.jpg

They are not at all competent to do big task like engine work and it's better to get it done at an FNG since an FNG has better experience and will do it in front of you. Last year in October 2021, I had got the cylinder block, piston and valves replaced since the bike was consuming some engine oil. Just after a weeks’ time the oil leakage started from the sides. Complaint them twice but since there were less technician they told me to comeback some other day. One time they changed the head cover rubber but then too the problem persisted and they charged me for the part as well as the labour. And the second time they changed the gaskets and charged me again for the part as well as labour but I denied paying for the labour since they were not able to get it sorted in the first complaint.

Honda2wheeler also does not seem to be concerned about customer experience since I tried escalating it but no one called me from their side and they are expecting that the dealer will reply and do the needful.

I don't recommend leaving your bike/car at the workshop since they will make it useless before it's warranty gets over. You can take an example of my bike which has done more than a lac kms with 3 meter changes (honda shine meter last for just 45-50k kms) and till date it runs like a new one. Each and every switch and bulb is in working condition and it even gets polished every year.
technicalytuned is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 25th February 2022, 11:48   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Think before getting your bike serviced at authorized service centre of Venetian Honda

Forget about service, just try to visit a dealership to buy an Activa! And at same time visit a TVS dealership and see the difference for yourself. It was this dealership attitude which was one the main reasons for me not buying a Honda two wheeler.
silverado is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th February 2022, 15:31   #3
BHPian

Re: Think before getting your bike serviced at authorized service centre of Venetian Honda

Sorry for the delayed response since I forgot to update the status. I got a call from the manager on 4th February and they have accepted their mistake of opening the carburetor without any reason. The Manager Mr. Sameer Sir has also assured that if any issue arises in the carburetor will be sorted free of cost. And till date the bike is running well with minor noise from the tappet which will be sorted in the next visit. My request to the moderators is to please close this thread. I'm happy with the response from Honda as well as their dealer Venetian honda.
Old 25th February 2022, 16:06   #4
BHPian

This reminded me of my recent experience.

So we had recently brought an Activa for my mother and it was the First service. The vehicle is just a month old and has barely done 300 kms.
Below is my experience with Venetian Honda Service Center, Kandivali West.

Reached at 9 am sharp, as it was a working day and their timings start at 9 am.
Only the watchman was there, and no other person at the service.
Staff members started coming in leisurely around 10 am. Till that time, there was a good number of people waiting outside the service center.

After a while, an service advisor came to attend me (around 10:30 am). As my mom is still learning, there were quite some dents on the scooter. majorly in the front. The service advisor suggested me to change all the body panels under insurance!(even the side rear which had no dents) I was like WHAT? Why do you I need to change all the panels?, he casually said "insurance me hum karva lenge sir".
I told him that I need the vehicle back at the earliest and I don't want to get it done this time.

Then the next stage is giving the service estimate!
Here is you need to see how the SA's dig deep into your pockets if you're not aware of basic stuff!
Engine Oil change, Engine oil flush, Engine oil filter change, air filter change, spark plugs change, brake pads change, Teflon coating, AMC!

Totaling bill around 4.5K - for the Activa's first service!

Me : "what is company's recommendations, are all these things necessary"

SA: "Company doesn't mention this but we have been asked to do these things for you safety and vehicle's longevity"

Me : "Why do you need to flush an engine oil at 300 kms?"

SA : "Its good if you do it, if you don't wish I will remove"

Me : "Ok remove that, why do you need to change the air filter at 300 kms?"

SA: "Its good to change it at every service sir"

Me : "Do you think that it is clogged or needs to be changed in one month and 300 kms run?"

SA : "Its good, but I will remove it if you don't wish to change"

In the mean while, a mechanic who used to service my CBR came in and acknowledged me enquiring about the CBR.

Post this the conversation went in a way that the SA only kept the basics required for Activa's first service and the total bill was Rs 500.

While I was there, I saw may people being sold on the fear that if you don't get this done, this might go wrong with your bike, you can get stuck and so the people opted for it!
At the same time, few who got outrageous and gave the SA's their peace of mind!

Overall - My experience was nothing more than "could improve a lot".
iamahunter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2022, 22:46   #5
BHPian

I own a 160cc Honda Unicorn (2nd gen) which was almost ruined by a Honda authorized service center. The service center people are surly thieves who lord over unsuspecting customers who in reality trust HMSI, which is a joke in itself. HMSI should be the Skoda of 2 wheelers in my opinion.

Some of the issues faced regularly at this HASS chain:
1. Service center doesn't have a "computer" billing system,
2. Add AMCs without asking you,
3. Forget to replace screws, bolts, etc
4. Above all, I believe they "control" the surrounding FNGs, who unbelievably do an even more terrible job than said HASS and you are left with no choice but to revert back to HASS. Do I have evidence to prove this? Haha.

So my question is : Is there a Toyota for Two Wheelers? Both in quality of the initial vehicle as well as quality of after sales and support.
barefeetdriver is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th February 2022, 02:39   #6
BHPian

I came to this thread hoping to find a post on a better Honda Service Centre instead, but no luck. I need to check my valve clearences for my pre-worshipped Hornet 160R and thought that an authorised place would possibly do a more accurate job since its engine related. I'm not so sure now.

That said, HMSI service centers were always blunderous like as I had experienced them when I had bought a new Unicorn back in 2006 and used to get the free services done. They were pathetic even back then and needed lots of prodding even to get the carburetor tuning done properly.
pixantz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2022, 20:12   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by barefeetdriver View Post
I own a 160cc Honda Unicorn (2nd gen) which was almost ruined by a Honda authorized service center. The service center people are surly thieves who lord over unsuspecting customers who in reality trust HMSI, which is a joke in itself.

So my question is : Is there a Toyota for Two Wheelers? Both in quality of the initial vehicle as well as quality of after sales and support.
I think honda bigwing is reliable, i get the chain lubrication/service/general checkup done for my bike at bigwing centres only frequently; and in bangalore so far I've had a pleasant experience with the Lavelle road and mekhri circle bigwings. The service personnel are quite helpful and proactive, however i do feel the labour cost is a bit too high.
Peri_patetic99 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks