Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2022, 23:21   #16
BHPian

Re: Spied testing: Bajaj - Triumph single cylinder motorcycles

I would take the rumours with a pinch of salt. There is no way Bajaj would launch a fairly better set up motorcycle with Triumph's DNA. Even if we talk about complete localisation, there's a very good chance that if launched, would carry a sticker price of ₹ 2.4 lakh approx. or more.

If the bike were to be launched in this avatar, I guess they might make use of Dominar/ Avenger moniker.
And expect the bike to be sold at KTM showrooms.
Old 11th August 2022, 03:39   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sman999 View Post
The first pic looks ok. The side profile and the tail profile looks like a beefed up Platina from these pics.
+1.

The front half of motorcycle looks decently retro.
But the rear design, I do not like it. From what we see at the moment at least.

There are going to be multiple variants for these low-engine-capacity Triumph motorcycles. So let's hope we get a good looking, well performing, sensibly priced modern classic motorcycle.
parrys is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2022, 10:19   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Bajaj-Triumph motorcycle spied in near production ready guise.

Attachment 2344125
This looks more roadster than scrambler. And that rear sprocket looks massive, I hope they haven't sacrificed the top end.
Old 28th September 2022, 21:43   #19
BHPian

Re: Triumph Motorcycles India : Is after-sales service killing this brand?

Upcoming Bajaj-Triumph motorcycle spied in India for the first time

This motorcycle will be made by Bajaj, at their plant in Pune. It will be branded as Triumph and sold across the world, including India. Competition to RE?

Source - Powerdrift

Spied testing: Bajaj - Triumph single cylinder motorcycles-20220928_214036.jpg

Spied testing: Bajaj - Triumph single cylinder motorcycles-20220928_214038.jpg

Spied testing: Bajaj - Triumph single cylinder motorcycles-20220928_214042.jpg

Spied testing: Bajaj - Triumph single cylinder motorcycles-20220928_214045.jpg
BrokenHW is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 29th September 2022, 10:58   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenHW View Post
Upcoming Bajaj-Triumph motorcycle spied in India for the first time
These photos appear to be just outside Bajaj auto premises, Bajaj auto Yamunagar gate in Akurdi, Pune. Kind of an intentional leak perhaps. Quite sure that this bike will be spotted near Pune multiple times in coming months.

Attachment 2362757

Google maps link for Ayurveda treatment center visible in this photo.
sukiwa is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th September 2022, 13:24   #21
BHPian

I feel like every motorcycle maker should work on their own identity rather than openly targeting RE. I seriously think Bajaj should launch first gen Pulsar as Pulsar classic with a refined 250cc engine. Trust me it will be a huge hit if they price it sensibly. It was one of the best designed motorcycle from Bajaj. I am sure it will look cool with alloys, wider tyres, round headlamp, analogue console etc. Bajaj can create a segment of its own and use its own legacy.

Last edited by Aditya : 30th September 2022 at 19:49. Reason: Typo, capitalizations.
iamnvn is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 29th September 2022, 14:14   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnvn View Post
I feel like every motorcycle maker should work on their own identity rather than openly targeting RE..
Well RE clearly has the largest share in the 1.5 - 3.0 Lakh Market... so it only seems logical that every other manufacturer will look into eating into that share

Quote:
I seriously think bajaj should launch first gen pulsar as pulsar classic with a refined 250cc engine. Trust me it will be a huge hit if they price it sensibly. It was one of the best designed motorcycle from bajaj. I am sure it will look cool with alloys, wider tyres, round headlamp, analouge console etc. Bajaj can create a segment of its own and use its own legacy.
Agree with you Totally on the PULSAR CASSIC Idea. Worth exploring

Last edited by payeng : 29th September 2022 at 14:20.
payeng is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th September 2022, 15:01   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by payeng View Post
Well RE clearly has the largest share in the 1.5 - 3.0 Lakh Market... so it only seems logical that every other manufacturer will look into eating into that share.
I agree they have the largest share but targeting them directly and openly via tv ads and during launch speeches is not a solution. It can give them temporary publicity only. In long run their products and their quality of after sales will gonna speak for itself. In a market like India where even enthusiasts are biased toward certain brands, this strategy will never gonna work specially considering the fact that RE not only holds the largest mkt share in premium segment but at the same time it hold the largest share of bikers who worship RE and its is not a bad thing.
Even I am slightly biased towards yamaha as I learnt bike riding on RX 100.
iamnvn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2022, 16:08   #24
BANNED

Quote:
I feel like every motorcycle maker should work on their own identity rather than openly targeting RE.
It is not like RE holds the patent for 350cc single cylinder thumper engines. In the 60s, Triumph - another British Brand also had their single cylinder thumpers and their legacy is far bigger than RE.

And RE has been selling close to 30 - 40,000, sub-par 350cc bikes every month for over a decade without any competition. Only recently they introduced the new 350s in J Platform. So the segment clearly needs more players to keep RE in check and the Japs Yamaha and Suzuki should also bring in their 350cc bikes like Honda cb350.

Quote:
I seriously think bajaj should launch first gen pulsar as pulsar classic with a refined 250cc engine....... Bajaj can create a segment of its own and use its own legacy.
Agree on the Pulsar Classic. But I think there are high chances Bajaj might plonk this engine in an 'Avenger' like bike to match its legacy.
tarmacnaut is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th September 2022, 19:55   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I feel like every motorcycle maker should work on their own identity rather than openly targeting RE. I seriously think bajaj should launch first gen pulsar as pulsar classic with a refined 250cc engine. Trust me it will be a huge hit if they price it sensibly. It was one of the best designed motorcycle from bajaj. I am sure it will look cool with alloys, wider tyres, round headlamp, analouge console etc. Bajaj can create a segment of its own and use its own legacy.
I think Bajaj(and Triumph) here are doing Triumph inspired design so nothing wrong here. RE hunter, interceptor etc too can be termed as poor mans Triumph isn't it ?

But I get where you are going. Honda did this when they launched CB350 and people felt it was inspired by splendour.

RE perhaps is the only brand which we Indians know for generations and also because their designs have stayed the same. Bajaj was known for Chetak back then.

Bottomline, we all know RE is the market leader in 350cc+ segment and everyone wants a cut in this pie.
rajshenoy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th September 2022, 09:57   #26
BHPian

Bike looks good but I hope they have some USP other than a me too RE clone. There have been others who have tried the same approach and did not make a dent in the market even if they had a competent product. Best wishes to them.
Old 30th September 2022, 10:41   #27
BHPian

I am curious how this thread is calling it an RE clone.
This does not seem to be air cooled seeing the radiator.
Looks like a DOHC head.
Look at the frame and swing arm. Looks far more engineered.
The USD forks
Check out the beautiful bracket holding the headlamp (Inspired from the speed twin)

I am still wondering if Bajaj/Triumph will meet their planned target price range of 2-2.5 lakhs seeing all this.
rohitoasis is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 30th September 2022, 11:09   #28
BHPian

For me the bike looks refreshingly different.

1. The way swing arm is designed is quite sporty
2. The engine bay area seems filled with he large radiator, indicates liquid cooling with a good output for sure.
3. Looks tall - kind of Neo-Retro-Scrambler, if I can say so.
4. The round headlamp looks a bit small, it would have been good if it is slightly bigger, considering proportions of bike.
5. If Triumph & Bajaj can price it right would be a wonderful option - Sales & Service has to be differentiated, providing a premium experience to this category of buyers
NEMatters is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th September 2022, 13:10   #29
BHPian

It looks between 400 to 500cc DOHC with liquid cooling. Its would be more of a competition for interceptor than Classic and hunter class. Would be lot lighter than interceptor and 40-50 bhp no big deal for triumph with adequate cooling.

We can expect tough competition between triumph, upcoming himalayan 450 and xpulse 421, may be even GoldStar/yezdi 650. Buyers will have good amount of choices in the near future
subincb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2022, 20:42   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by subincb View Post
It looks between 400 to 500cc DOHC with liquid cooling. Its would be more of a competition for interceptor than Classic and hunter class. Would be lot lighter than interceptor and 40-50 bhp no big deal for triumph with adequate cooling.

We can expect tough competition between triumph, upcoming himalayan 450 and xpulse 421, may be even GoldStar/yezdi 650. Buyers will have good amount of choices in the near future
That's right. There is no point getting a bike in overcrowded 250-350cc space. It will struggle, post hype is over. I believe 400-500cc is a good space which is currently empty. Infact Classic500 was the only successful bike in this range and RE can benefit by getting it in new avtar.
avjinder is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed