Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2022, 14:56   #31
Senior - BHPian

re: Honda CB500X prices slashed by INR 1.1 lakh

That's no fun, and makes for a boring rider/raconteur . None of us would want you like that. Keep your spirit alive. BTW what's your current ride?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBlue View Post
Shall have that "Ignore" mode on henceforth, life is too short to keep cribbing about this motorcycle or that brand.
Sebring is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th February 2022, 15:21   #32
BHPian

Re: Honda CB500X prices slashed by INR 1.1 lakh

At 8.2L on-road Mumbai, the CB500X left a lot to desire.

Now at the new cost it still leaves a bit more to desire.

IMHO, this should have been the initial price for the CB500x and later they could have done some more discounts on it.

For now, I am glad that I took the plunge for the Versys650, its a far more competent mile muncher than the CB500x.
iamahunter is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th February 2022, 17:17   #33
BHPian

I am quite sure at an On road price of less than 6 lakh, it will have a lot of takers, including me, but may be next year when my Inty turns 4. I too agree with the other members and find it still overpriced by 1-1.5 lakh, for what it has to offer.

I find the RE's pricing strategy of their twins, really spot on. It sits exactly where it should when you compare it to the prices of their mass market top sellers the classic and Meteor. The company is reaping the benefits too. I remember that is exactly what Sid Lal said about the pricing during launch, that it will be an incremental bump just as its an incremental increase in power and not overwhelming for someone who is upgrading from a Classic.

I know its not right to compare the totally localized RE twins to Honda, but looking objectively just on the pricing front and comparing the incremental increase between the models. (Like between classic and Inty). The CB200X at 1.5L ex showroom and the twin 471 CC CB500X at 5.79 ex showroom, its a huge markup and doesn't look justified at all. Note that both are sold under the same brand "Honda", so no question of pricing based on "premiumness".

Again I am aware about the localization on the 200X, even considering that, anything above 5L ex showroom still would look overpriced.
Old 15th February 2022, 17:21   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishan12 View Post
I am quite sure at an On road price of less than 6 lakh, it will have a lot of takers, including me, but may be next year when my Inty turns 4. I too agree with the other members and find it still overpriced by 1-1.5 lakh, for what it has to offer.

I find the RE's pricing strategy of their twins, really spot on. It sits exactly where it should when you compare it to the prices of their mass market top sellers the classic and Meteor. The company is reaping the benefits too. I remember that is exactly what Sid Lal said about the pricing during launch, that it will be an incremental bump just as its an incremental increase in power and not overwhelming for someone who is upgrading from a Classic.

I know its not right to compare the totally localized RE twins to Honda, but looking objectively just on the pricing front and comparing the incremental increase between the models. (Like between classic and Inty). The CB200X at 1.5L ex showroom and the twin 471 CC CB500X at 5.79 ex showroom, its a huge markup and doesn't look justified at all. Note that both are sold under the same brand "Honda", so no question of pricing based on "premiumness".

Again I am aware about the localization on the 200X, even considering that, anything above 5L ex showroom still would look overpriced.
A paying customer doesn't have any sympathy or gives a fig for localization etc.

That's not his problem. If the company wants to do business in a market, its up to the company to adapt.

Not the market.

Otherwise like Harley they will come, smell the coffee, and go.

Cheers, Doc

Last edited by ebonho : 15th February 2022 at 17:22.
ebonho is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 15th February 2022, 17:56   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
- However, there's no need to denigrate any brand irrespective of the context, IMHO.

- Whatever motorcycle one has, we should be in a position to respect that person's choices, because they are not ours and our opinion does NOT matter.
- I don't think we're denigrating any brand here or having fun. During discussions among passionate folks there are bound to be passionate words exchanged. As long as we follow the forum rules its fine.

Its a forum discussing opinions, if you feel this is heavy head over to the cars section

- IMO we do, but if we stop voicing our opinions then wouldn't we just have reviews and travelogues with some technical stuff.
Personally if I am happy with my bike it doesn't matter what anyone says. I ride the RTR 180, ever famous for its vibrations (true), people can ridicule (they do) as much as they want but I am happy with it.
When that "next petrol pump after 360kms" board comes up those folks will start hunting for their jerry cans while I will dismiss it with a smirk

It doesn't matter if any manufacturer launches any bike at any price but since they've launched in the open market they'll be scrutinized like anyone else.
IMO that's fair enough but everyone's entitled to their opinions.
shancz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th February 2022, 18:38   #36
BHPian

A lot of heated discussions on the pricing, so I went on the net to find out the prices in two EU markets -

Denmark - DKK 84.995/- (about INR 9.75lacs)
Germany - EUR 7.200/- (about INR 6.20lacs)

Taxation in Denmark is insane. Motorcycles are for the rich and who are passionate.

In Germany, it is at a slight premium, may not be great value for someone looking for a beginner motorcycle.

Last edited by Porschefire : 15th February 2022 at 18:43.
Porschefire is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 15th February 2022, 20:30   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I'm no Honda shareholder.

Shall have that "Ignore" mode on henceforth, life is too short to keep cribbing about this motorcycle or that brand.
GoBlue, I am in no way saying you should have anything like an “ignore” mode at the beginning!

To be specific, definitely speak your mind as clearly and as completely as you can, whether it is this kind of discussion or anything else. I mean after stating your point of view maybe a couple of times, then it’s time to put the ignore mode on, do a memory wipe of the incident and move on.

Think of it like this, you said what you want to say, it’s out of your system, now it’s time for a “peace of mind” mode

Cheers

Last edited by Cyborg : 15th February 2022 at 20:34.
Cyborg is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th February 2022, 21:39   #38
BHPian

I appreciate Honda swallowing the bitter pill and making amends to the pricing of CB500x to what they seem to think is now reasonable (even if majority of its potential customers may think otherwise). I read about some bookings already so not a bad move at all for the customers that knew what they want and got the benefit of this reduction (including some fellow members here). Congratulations to all of them and look forward to some honest comparisons from future owners here.

However, something that comes to my mind is that HMSI most probably will not price the new and updated 2022 model much higher than current revised price. While the hardware upgrades are welcome, they’re certainly not worth ~Rs. 1 lakh more IMHO. Internationally too the price increase for the updated CB500x is $200 (refer source image below) so is it worth waiting and taking a chance for the updated model? Or just take the current deal while stocks last . Just a food for thought.

While I’m being optimistic, I also hope the good folks at HMSI take these fold of events on CB500x pricing as a good case study and not be adventurous with pricing their other 500 models, that is if and when they eventually decide to bring them in.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda CB500X prices slashed by INR 1.1 lakh-747d2a064df44ff9a3f90e7ee0ec0e3f.jpeg  

Last edited by camitesh : 15th February 2022 at 21:44. Reason: Added image
camitesh is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th February 2022, 23:01   #39
Senior - BHPian

Amazing bunch of passionate riders here on TeamBHP, I must say.

I wonder how many of them have, forget about test riding the CB500X, have even seen it in flesh to share their observations and opinions. Honda is known for pricing their products at a higher price point than its other Japanese peers in India and abroad. Having seen them early 2000's gen Honda CBR RR1000 fireblade's in present time, one can only imagine the quality Honda put into building it. Sure it may not be as premium as a Ducati, BMW, MV Agusta, etc. but hey Honda I believe has more podium finishes in MotoGP than any of these "premium makes" and that is respectable. One might feel proud to be associated with a brand like Honda. Like for example, I own a road spec Mitsubishi Lancer and feel proud owning it, given the fact that it has been a WRC legend, and brand Mitsubishi's 12 time Dakar Rally win is still unchallenged.

There are other things at work other than just BHP, Price, etc. when one buys a motorcycle, car, etc. It is absolutely rude to call someone foolish on this august forum who decides to buy whatever he/she likes. When l was in the market a few years ago to buy my 5th motorcycle, I zeroed in on the RE Thunderbird 500 while there were other options which were more "premium", "Had almost double the BHP", "more reliable", etc. available at more or less the same price as the Tbird500. But I went ahead and bought the TBird500 as I knew what my purpose was and that Tbird500 would fit the bill perfectly after having rode it and test rode it before signing the cheque. If it was only about BHP figures, then majority of the world would be riding Kawasaki H2R.

P.S. Throwing around weight about one's seniority and the number of posts to prove one's point is very unfortunate and at the same time hilarious. l am not sure about the purpose behind saying that to someone who is only sharing their experience.

Last edited by navin_v8 : 15th February 2022 at 23:15.
navin_v8 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 15th February 2022, 23:48   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
First off, congratulations to my buddy Snehal on his upcoming CB500X.
Also, let me be the first to offer my advance congratulations to another TBHPian who will also be getting delivery of his CB500X very soon.
Really happy to see people buying this bike. I for some reason want this bike to succeed and sell in India.
If I had more confidence in my usage of my 2nd bike, I probably would have been able to courage up to this as well.
As of now, I am not quite sure of how much I will be able to use my 2nd bike. All the touring I have done in the last 10 years has been in my dreams.
But for people who clock many KMs, this will be a very solid choice.

Rachit
Rachit.K.Dogra is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th February 2022, 07:29   #41
Senior - BHPian

Oh, the bikes are flying off the shelves. 7 units were picked up by TeamBHPians alone from BigWing Lavelle Rd. Pic is of the bikes getting their accessories fitted (Mostly Givi Top Boxes, Barkbusters, Puppy grips, centre stand)
Attached Thumbnails
Honda CB500X prices slashed by INR 1.1 lakh-img_0803.jpg  

Sebring is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 16th February 2022, 08:20   #42
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
7 units were picked up by TeamBHPians alone from BigWing Lavelle Rd.
Haha. All 7 are not BHPians though.

Couple non-BHPians upgrading from CB350, my friend that I mentioned earlier - upgrading from Pulsar 220 are all part of this group. Snehal who also has announced his delivery.

One well known BHPian started the whole group purchase! Wish Neil had named him because I can't. As Neil mentioned - he is getting himself a perfect motorcycle for his usage requirements - "A Honda Himalayan" in his own words. Also promises to be one of the most loaded CB500X bikes to hit the country too.

PS: To be clear - these guys are not picking up the bike because of this discount. Their plans started much earlier.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 16th February 2022 at 08:22.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th February 2022, 08:31   #43
Senior - BHPian

Ayush told me 7 TeamBHPians (as of last evening) I asked him twice, in disbelief. Anyways, good days for the 500X! There is the second showroom in Indiranagar (Should be interesting to know how much they sold). On the bike part, I found the brake pedal a bit 'inset'. I'd have liked it to be more 'out'
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
One well known BHPian started the whole group purchase! Wish Neil had named him because I can't. As Neil mentioned - he is getting himself a perfect motorcycle for his usage requirements - "A Honda Himalayan" in his own words.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda CB500X prices slashed by INR 1.1 lakh-img_0776.jpg  

Last edited by Sebring : 16th February 2022 at 08:39.
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2022, 08:38   #44
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Ayush told me 7 TeamBHPians (as of last evening) I asked him twice, in disbelief. Anyways, good days for the 500X! There is the second showroom in Indiranagar (Should be interesting to know how much they sold)
I guess that means you went to the showroom to check it out. Any upgrade plans in mind?

500X is not limited to the Bigwing Topline network. It is available in all the Bigwing showrooms where the CB350 retails. For Bangalore - believe there is one showroom up north as well - near Mekhri Circle.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th February 2022, 08:44   #45
Senior - BHPian

I have a plan to upgrade like I mentioned. But not sure if I have to wait for the new launch, or not. If the new model comes in at the same price, it would be a bummer
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Any upgrade plans in mind? 500X is not limited to the Bigwing Topline network. It is available in all the Bigwing showrooms where the CB350 retails. For Bangalore - believe there is one showroom up north as well - near Mekhri Circle.
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks