Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2022, 13:40   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda CB500X prices slashed by INR 1.1 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snehal Sekhar View Post
Shibumi Comes Home
Hearty congratulation on the bike Sir. Wish you many happy miles on this beauty.

One query: You mentioned the weight didnt feel much and inspite of height challenge you felt comfortable. At 199kerb, its similar to himalayan which a lot of people consider heavy. Is the weight distribution at play here which makes this feel better?

BTW 15k+ for center stand?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata View Post
Maruti did it with S Cross 1.6, not so long ago, they refunded 90k to the early owners along with an additional year of extended warranty.

KK
I was talking about 2-wheeler manufacturers like BMW slashed G310 prices but didn't show such gesture.

Last edited by SoumenD : 23rd February 2022 at 13:45.
Old 23rd February 2022, 15:39   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijay_jambu View Post

abhi_tjet - Thanks for sharing the price, looks like RSA is also inflated. Did they allow you to take a solo test ride? And any restrictions on distance? …….
hope it’s not sold out in Pune.

Thanks,
VJ
Vijay, they haven’t quoted for RSA. Not sure what’s meant by ‘Others’. I didn’t checked with them.
I took a test ride with my wife as pillion. No pilot vehicle. They told me the route to take and I was ok with the distance . You can definitely request for more distance. They will oblige surely.

I doubt it’s sold out. Moreover, price will be same for this variant(IMO), even if it’s a 2022 make.
We should expect a hike for the dual disc variant though.
abhi_tjet is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th February 2022, 13:07   #63
Team-BHP Support

I am the latest one to bite the bullet and opt for this lovely product from Honda after a couple of test rides convinced me about the product matching all my needs, and the price correction convinced me it was okay to go ahead with the decision financially. Although I wouldn't have minded another lac of price correction, I don't believe that will happen given Honda's ways of pricing .

My needs for this bike were somewhat different from the start - I was not upgrading from anything nor was this my first big bike. I already had a fast bike in the Ninja 1000 and wasn't looking for any thrills or power figures. I just wanted something which could sustain decent cruise speeds of 3 digits on our flat out expressways, yet be comfortable and rugged enough for our off-beat 2-up weekend trips which the Himalayan was doing. In other words, it had to match the versatility and grunt of the Interceptor 650's powertrain and offer the ergonomics, ruggedness and tour-anywhere nature of the Himalayan. I ended up finding that the CB500X could tick almost every box of these 2 bikes' strengths and still build on some weaknesses of both these bikes to present a very well-rounded, flawless and fuss-free bike from almost every aspect I wanted in a basic adventure tourer.

Honda Bigwing Topline, Lavelle road handled the entire purchase from enquiry to test rides to purchase, and Ayush and his team were a delight to work with!

Just putting forward my thoughts in the form of a table which listed all aspects I evaluated the three bikes on, and it is quite evident on how the CB500X scores on almost every parameter that the other two falter on. Of course, it costs twice as much, but I sold both the RE bikes and traded the Interceptor and the Himalayan for one CB500X, so the delta amount didn't pinch all that much financially .
Honda CB500X prices slashed by INR 1.1 lakh-comparo.jpg

Last edited by KarthikK : 25th February 2022 at 13:18.
KarthikK is offline   (79) Thanks
Old 25th February 2022, 13:20   #64
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
I am the latest one to bite the bullet and opt for this lovely product from Honda after a couple of test rides convinced me about the product matching all my needs, and the price correction convinced me it was okay to go ahead with the decision financially.
Finally the big reveal that many of us have been hinting on this thread.

Congratulations once again on your second ADV, Karthik. This one certainly should keep you happy for a long time - especially considering it already is one of the most loaded 500x bikes in the country!

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 25th February 2022 at 13:49.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th February 2022, 13:33   #65
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations Karthik, great pick indeed. The excel sheet should be a golden bible for many. The only regret would be our interceptors couldn't meet each other!

Wish you many miles of safe riding, and looking forward to the brilliant ownership threads we are used to.
AtheK is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th February 2022, 13:43   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Can't believe the FE figures! Did you measure it yourself over a few rides or took it from other online reports? 33 kmpl is what I'm getting on average with my CBR 250R. Getting the same from CB500X would be incredible.
siddhant is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 25th February 2022, 14:00   #67
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddhant View Post
Can't believe the FE figures! Did you measure it yourself over a few rides or took it from other online reports? 33 kmpl is what I'm getting on average with my CBR 250R. Getting the same from CB500X would be incredible.
I am still on the first tank of fuel and a highway trip done, so I’m just going by what the MID is saying .

But these numbers (32-33kmpl and thereabouts) are not uncommon and are pretty much in line with what some other buyers of the bike have observed over highway usage .

My comparo on the excel was more to show the FE being excellent compared to what the other 2 REs gave out in relation to the power they put out. The Himalayan for eg, gave similar FE figures but for half the power.
KarthikK is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th February 2022, 14:47   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Just putting forward my thoughts in the form of a table which listed all aspects I evaluated the three bikes on, and it is quite evident on how the CB500X scores on almost every parameter that the other two falter on.
The comparison table that you have put together highlights why this motorcycle is a gem and should be considered by everyone looking for a premium, middleweight all-rounder. Much ado has been made on this thread about the price/value but I feel that you are getting a well made motorcycle for what you pay. So it's worth the stretch. The whole is clearly greater than the sum of the parts when it comes to the 500X.

Congratulations on the motorcycle. Wish you many years of fuss-free ownership.

Last edited by ranjitnair77 : 25th February 2022 at 14:49.
ranjitnair77 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th February 2022, 18:04   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am the latest one to bite the bullet and opt for this lovely product from Honda after a couple of test rides convinced me about the product matching all my needs, and the price correction convinced me it was okay to go ahead with the decision financially.
Congratulations on adding this to your garage. However I still strongly believe that you still have room for one more to be added to your garage. You cannot go wrong with it at all.

Nice Garage
K Ninja for all your touring on well paved roads
H CB 500X for all those touring on B Roads, Rough Roads.

Possibly another bike for your trail riding and I believe you know what am hinting at.

Looking forward to riding with you one of these days.
ku69rd is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th February 2022, 18:09   #70
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Finally the big reveal that many of us have been hinting on this thread.

Congratulations once again on your second ADV, Karthik. This one certainly should keep you happy for a long time - especially considering it already is one of the most loaded 500x bikes in the country!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
Congratulations Karthik, great pick indeed. The excel sheet should be a golden bible for many. The only regret would be our interceptors couldn't meet each other!

Wish you many miles of safe riding, and looking forward to the brilliant ownership threads we are used to.
Thanks guys for your kind words, and yes indeed our Interceptors couldn’t meet but it’s Honda sibling can make up for it during our next ride together

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitnair77 View Post
The comparison table that you have put together highlights why this motorcycle is a gem and should be considered by everyone looking for a premium, middleweight all-rounder. Much ado has been made on this thread about the price/value but I feel that you are getting a well made motorcycle for what you pay. So it's worth the stretch. The whole is clearly greater than the sum of the parts when it comes to the 500X.

Congratulations on the motorcycle. Wish you many years of fuss-free ownership.
Thanks a lot ranjitnair77!

Indeed this bike and it’s merits should be looked at objectively without constantly going back to the spec sheet and stressing on why 47bhp costs 7L. There is more to a bike than just performance figures on paper, and obviously what parameters a buyer might be willing to pay for / compromise on, varies a lot from person to person and his/her individual needs or usage patterns.

Of course one can get a similar ~45hp from a 390 adv for almost half the price, and then contend with a dead low-end, terrible engine heat, harsh ride quality, plasticky build quality, an unrefined motor and the possibility of having to live with KTM’s niggles (have been a ktm owner myself in the past). So at the end of the day it is what we choose to prioritise and value for the money paid. More high revving thrills from the hyper motor and prefer more of razor sharp road dynamics - surely the ktm will tick those better.

The Honda is a slightly more mature (can come across as boring to some) bike, ticks a different set of boxes compared to the other options in the market, and the silly pricing so far has played a large part in its success (or lack of) until now. The type of customer who this bike would appeal to would be those looking for all-rounded traits and a mature, reliable and fuss-free tourer bike, rather than just bhp per rupee or cheaper onroad pricing. And that is what I tried to list down with my table. Should it have been still cheaper? Absolutely! At the correct pricing, this bike has a lot of potential in filling up a void in the middleweight adventure tourer segment.
KarthikK is offline   (32) Thanks
Old 26th February 2022, 09:55   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Excellent compilation Karthik .

Couple of points, however, I think are missing. Not that it will change the standing but, just to make it complete:

Cost: 500x = Interceptor + Himalayan
Service n/w = 500x poor, RE => Excellent

Personally, I like a multi-bike garage. Therefore, I ended up four two wheelers (Electra, Jupiter, Fat Boy, Yezdi Adv) for the price of one BMW GSA and I fee happier. Different tools for different occasions plus more bikes to tinker (DIY) with on idle weekends .

Cheers,
-BJ

Last edited by bj96 : 26th February 2022 at 10:00.
bj96 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 26th February 2022, 10:17   #72
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj96 View Post
Service n/w = 500x poor, RE => Excellent
CB500X can be serviced at any normal BigWing service center, just like the CB350 H'ness. Service Network is not a major concern. May be less than RE, but won't become a limiting factor.

Only the 650+ cc bikes are now limited to the TopLine network only in major metro cities.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 28th February 2022, 00:34   #73
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I am the latest one to bite the bullet and opt for this lovely product from Honda after a couple of test rides convinced me about the product matching all my needs, and the price correction convinced me it was okay to go ahead with the decision financially...

Just putting forward my thoughts in the form of a table which listed all aspects I evaluated the three bikes on, and it is quite evident on how the CB500X scores on almost every parameter that the other two falter on. Of course, it costs twice as much, but I sold both the RE bikes and traded the Interceptor and the Himalayan for one CB500X, so the delta amount didn't pinch all that much financially .
Attachment 2277241
Congratulations on the CB ! Look forward to your ownership report and some awesome pics !

------

I think almost everyone here is banging Honda on the price - ofcourse, it's higher. But for me, the bigger problem is the service centre and their lack of support / proficiency in maintaining the bikes. Not sure the CB 350 has changed things, but the CBR 250 support is a horror story. Atleast in Chennai, I am yet to hear good things about any of the Honda A$$ and almost everyone has been moving away and finding FNGs for the service.

I can pay a premium for a Honda bike if their service was top notch. In fact, I am ok with a lower spec vehicle, not an aggressive engine etc along with the high price, if Honda gives me all spares on time and good service centres / mechanics who can do a good job.

When I compare a Versys, I hear bad reviews about the Kawa A$$, but there are more FNGs who can do an awesome job with service (compared to CBR support). Parts supply is at par or better than Honda and I get a cracker of a machine on specs compared to a CB500x. The trade off is the higher parts cost.

If Honda really ups the game on parts availability and service centre, I may happily pick one in couple of years. As a Honda owner, I don't quite fancy another Honda at the moment.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 28th February 2022 at 00:37.
swiftnfurious is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th February 2022, 04:49   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In other words, it had to match the versatility and grunt of the Interceptor 650's powertrain and offer the ergonomics, ruggedness and tour-anywhere nature of the Himalayan.
I did wonder how you made your peace with an Interceptor. You're taller and bigger built (Not fat ) than me. I find the Interceptor borderline of what I'd call a comfortable motorcycle. It can munch miles effortlessly. As a rider, there are several short comings that do not make it a proper tourer. You can improve some of it and there is a limit. The Himalayan trounces it by miles for riding posture and comfort.

Surprised to read on the comparison table that you experienced poor fit and finish on the Interceptor. Perhaps the earlier batches were not so good.

I like the exhaust note of a Honda CB500X. Its also compatible to a lot of after market gear to keep it relevant in years to come. On a lighter note, the CB still looks small for your chassis. Enjoy.

Last edited by sandeepmohan : 28th February 2022 at 04:54.
sandeepmohan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2022, 07:29   #75
Senior - BHPian

BigWing Service in Bangalore is quite good. In fact I met a few Africa Twin owners who had good things to say at the Center. Even Kawasaki Service, under the new service head, is good
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
But for me, the bigger problem is the service centre and their lack of support / proficiency in maintaining the bikes.
Sebring is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks