Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2022, 10:51   #61
BHPian

Re: 2022 Honda CB300R Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashi4877 View Post
Just an Update: Tyre hugger which i got seems to be hitting the extension edge below the number plate. This is happening in big holes. As its raining in Bangalore all the roads are having huge potholes. Well i thought I need to inform this too all.
The stock suspension setup is really soft and that might be causing this. Maybe, moving the suspension one notch harder solves this.

This is just a guess and it may not resolve this issue but worth a shot.
Old 14th June 2022, 10:50   #62
BHPian

Today 14 June 2022, completed 800 kms plus so called the service center Halasuru for service, but to my surprise they mentioned the engine oil for CB 300R is out of stock and they will call back once its in Stock!!

It seems that the engine oil used in 300R is different..

Well my technical knowledge is less, but is does engine oil differ?
Old 14th June 2022, 11:30   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Today 14 June 2022, completed 800 kms plus so called the service center Halasuru for service, but to my surprise they mentioned the engine oil for CB 300R is out of stock and they will call back once its in Stock!!

It seems that the engine oil used in 300R is different..

Well my technical knowledge is less, but is does engine oil differ?
Just got a call from the service centre now 11:15 am (14 June 2022) mentioning that the engine il has reached the service centre and they allotted a service time for tomorrow as today there is a huge rush..
ashi4877 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2022, 15:29   #64
BHPian

First free Service Done

kms 860
Cost Rs 2003/-
invoice date - 16 May 2022
Delivery date - 30 May 2022

They take 30 days from the date of invoice.

Issues: there was a squeaky noise from back brake - it was dust particles - fixed

Number plate plastic frame vibration - fixed - it was due to some issue with my number plate frame

The pillion seat - in some big potholes when i am alone i hear the seat making noise ... but that has no remedy but some how they fixed it - but still in big pothole on the way back i heard at times.

Anyway overall two weeks experience has been good.

Last edited by ashi4877 : 17th June 2022 at 15:31.
ashi4877 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2022, 18:08   #65
BHPian

Horn update:

The stock horn is very meek on the bike and it is similar to the ones in the Activa and the likes. I checked the Hella supertone horn at a local store, but the size is very big. It comes in a pair and the colours are a bit loud as well.

https://www.amazon.in/Hella-003-399-842-Grill-Super-105-118/dp/B000CRZXPI/ref=sr_1_4?crid=2DNIN6KSY5KSP&keywords=hella%2Bhor n&qid=1655641875&sprefix=hella%2Bhorn%2Caps%2C316& sr=8-4&th=1

I wanted a discreet one and went for a small Minda horn. It is inexpensive at just 180rs and now the sound is similar to other motorcycle horn. I need to tidy up the dangling wires. The road mechanic done a not so good job on this one.

Please excuse the dirt on the bike. Short mudguard meant that it is getting dirty pretty quickly.

2022 Honda CB300R Review-20220619_174439.jpg

Last edited by amvj : 19th June 2022 at 18:12.
amvj is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th June 2022, 20:24   #66
BHPian

I bought a 2L Fuel can (FuelFriend) for highway rides. Bike's petrol tank is just 9.7L and one need to constantly look into the fuel gauge during a 200+ ride. This 2L fuel can should alleviate the low fuel fear. Also, it is small enough to keep it in a backpack. It feels sturdy and comes with few accessories as well. There is a strong plate to attach it to bike side luggage box.

Bought it from here. Cost: Rs 2750 including shipping:

https://www.ahhelmets.in/fuel-can/24...iend&results=1

2022 Honda CB300R Review-20220620_200203.jpg

Last edited by amvj : 20th June 2022 at 20:47.
amvj is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2022, 15:57   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amvj View Post
Horn update:

The stock horn is very meek on the bike and it is similar to the ones in the Activa and the likes. I checked the Hella supertone horn at a local store, but the size is very big. It comes in a pair and the colours are a bit loud as well.

https://www.amazon.in/Hella-003-399-842-Grill-Super-105-118/dp/B000CRZXPI/ref=sr_1_4?crid=2DNIN6KSY5KSP&keywords=hella%2Bhor n&qid=1655641875&sprefix=hella%2Bhorn%2Caps%2C316& sr=8-4&th=1

I wanted a discreet one and went for a small Minda horn. It is inexpensive at just 180rs and now the sound is similar to other motorcycle horn. I need to tidy up the dangling wires. The road mechanic done a not so good job on this one.

Please excuse the dirt on the bike. Short mudguard meant that it is getting dirty pretty quickly.

Attachment 2322518
How is the horn sound now?
Was is a plug n play wire system or did your mechanic cut the wires?
if the wires are cut, doesn't it effect the warranty?
Old 22nd June 2022, 23:10   #68
Senior - BHPian

Good stuff. So where did you secure this on the bike? I'm looking for a loud horn too. Is MINDA good enough?
Quote:
I bought a 2L Fuel can (FuelFriend) for highway rides
Old 23rd June 2022, 20:40   #69
BHPian

Quote:
How is the horn sound now?
Was is a plug n play wire system or did your mechanic cut the wires?
if the wires are cut, doesn't it effect the warranty?
It’s a botch job on mine and I am planning to do it properly on some decent motorcycle shop. I ordered some proper wires with connectors and Relay (not sure whether that is needed or not). Yes, there is a risk of losing of electrical warranty for wire splicing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Good stuff. So where did you secure this on the bike? I'm looking for a loud horn too. Is MINDA good enough?

At the moment I am planning to keep it in my backpack.

I would suggest a Hella or Roots horn. Minda is on the cheap end of the spectrum. With two horn setup mine now sounds like a 125/150cc motorcycle and it may not sound that exciting, but earlier the stock sounded like an activa horn which was pathetic.
amvj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th June 2022, 10:48   #70
BHPian

Quote:

At the moment I am planning to keep it in my backpack.
I am hoping you will not be wearing the backpack while riding. If you will be wearing the backpack while riding, please do not keep the fuel canister in it then. It is just a ticking bomb and highly unsafe. In the event of crash, with the fuel on your body, it is just too bad to imagine.

Please for the can to the bike ASAP.

Ride Safe.

Last edited by Sheel : 24th June 2022 at 11:31. Reason: Please capitalize where ever required. Thanks.
skviknaraj is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 26th June 2022, 21:11   #71
BHPian

Hi everyone! Newbie here. I have been a silent reader in team-bhp forum for a very long time and more importantly, this CB300R thread from past few weeks. I just (finally) created my account here to start participating and hopefully bring more people (like myself) into motorcycle conversations instead of only being behind enjoying these well written experiences.

A little bit about me: An avid biker who sometimes gets too much into motorcycles and watches/talks/ride only it for few months and then gets busy with the (boring) routine life. It sometimes makes me think why I have motorcycling and travelling written as hobbies in my company GTKY (Get To Know You) Presentation as part of my introduction.

My love for motorcycles started at a very young age (like all of you) seeing my dad working and travelling on his Yezdi back in the day and later changed to a Kawasaki and then a Hero Splendor as family grew and priorities changed. He was very clear to me that I learn to ride only after I cross 18 years of age and get a license first.

I brought my first bike home through him after turning 18 and getting into a UG college. It was a black Yamaha R15 (owned for 4+ years), followed by a black KTM Duke 200 (after a major accident in R15) and then a black RE Continental GT 535 (by the end of PG college).

After having my beautiful and unreliable Continental Gt for about 7 years, I thought it was the right time for a change. Even though I loved this bike, it had its own set of RE problems and quality concerns which kept coming back. I am working and also got married at this point and the bike was still seeking more attention from me than my wife. I wanted something reliable.

My mind (from past few years) was always telling me to upgrade to the RE Interceptor 650 the day it launched. And my wife (that time GF) is a RE fangirl and I thought, this looks easy! I also was thinking about the new KTM 390 (both Duke and Adventure) as I had the pleasure of riding a Gen 1 model couple of times in the past years. Its a sweet motorcycle!

My search for different options in the market started few months back. I kept coming back and test riding RE Interceptor and dropped plans of KTM as I rode a bad (and an only one I could find in Bangalore) Adventure 390 test bike from a Bangalore showroom and also, stock was unavailable. Then one day, I noticed the Honda CB300R online. I went to a showroom (none of them are nearby) the next day, rode it and loved it the moment I gave the first throttle! A beautiful bike with so much character! Coming from the GT 535 with similar power but very lightweight and nimble, it felt so different.

My mind still said RE Interceptor for the next few days but I have experienced every bad situation I could by owning the GT 535. Also the lights, instrument cluster, side panels etc. is the same as 535 plus the lack of tubeless tyres on a heavy bike like that, no thanks! But I loved the engine!

Long story short, I booked the CB300R the next day (15mins before I rode Interceptor one more time just to be sure) and got the vehicle delivered in less than a week by exchanging my GT 535. I am loving this vehicle and I think more people should as well. I love the exclusiveness on the road whenever I take it out, and this was one of the reasons I bought the GT over KTM Duke 390 7 years back. I was one of the only 2 people in Karnataka who bought the GT that month!

I still really feel more people should talk about the CB300R, I am yet to see another one on the road apart from mine. Its been a month plus with the bike and now I know I have taken the right decision!

I hope we have more people online discussing about their experiences, ownership, accessories, customising etc. and spread the CB300R love! I want this thread to grow and share more wonderful content for people who are confused (like me) and stuck with their thoughts to take the right call.
neeruvk is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 1st July 2022, 10:14   #72
BHPian

I am facing one weird issue on my bike. During slow speed turns I find there is some resistance in front handlebar and it feels like the front tyre got puncture. I tried to fill up air but still feels the same. Any suggestions?

I tried to contact the service centre, but they want me to come during weekdays since weekends are crowded.

BTW, I have reverted back to single horn.
amvj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st July 2022, 18:19   #73
BHPian

I haven't faced that issue yet. But I do sometimes feel that the air pressure is not enough while riding and taking turns, but rarely. The problem I am facing now is a squeaky noise from the front suspension everytime the bike goes through patchy roads. This is there from day 1 of delivery. Also, my speedometer requires replacement for which I am still waiting.

There was a recent software update for the vehicle for which I went on a weekday. I did my first service also on a Monday. Saturdays will be packed with lot of CB350s for general service and smaller issues may not be dealt with in short time.
neeruvk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2022, 21:38   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neeruvk View Post
Hi everyone! Newbie here. I have been a silent reader in team-bhp forum for a very long time and more importantly, this CB300R thread from past few weeks. I just (finally) created my account here to start participating and hopefully bring more people (like myself) into motorcycle conversations instead of only being behind enjoying these well written experiences.

A little bit about me: An avid biker who sometimes gets too much into motorcycles and watches/talks/ride only it for few months and then gets busy with the (boring) routine life. It sometimes makes me think why I have motorcycling and travelling written as hobbies in my company GTKY (Get To Know You) Presentation as part of my introduction.
First of all congratulations... May you have many more riding kms coming your way. Only point i would point out is the pillion comfort... thats a big downside on the CB 300R for long rides..

Quote:
Originally Posted by neeruvk View Post
I haven't faced that issue yet. But I do sometimes feel that the air pressure is not enough while riding and taking turns, but rarely. The problem I am facing now is a squeaky noise from the front suspension everytime the bike goes through patchy roads. This is there from day 1 of delivery. Also, my speedometer requires replacement for which I am still waiting.

There was a recent software update for the vehicle for which I went on a weekday. I did my first service also on a Monday. Saturdays will be packed with lot of CB350s for general service and smaller issues may not be dealt with in short time.
I had a squeaky noise from the back brakes before the first service, it was noticeable during slow runs, like braking while reaching a speed breakers. but lately after first service not heard.

Quote:
I am facing one weird issue on my bike. During slow speed turns I find there is some resistance in front handlebar and it feels like the front tyre got puncture. I tried to fill up air but still feels the same. Any suggestions?

I tried to contact the service centre, but they want me to come during weekdays since weekends are crowded.

BTW, I have reverted back to single horn.
Not noticed or felt such an issue until now.. I think you should just have them check it...

Yes weekends visits to service centre is a bad choice.

During my first service I first went on Thursday, it was a busy day for them in Halasuru service centre and I was late also (reached around 11:30 am). Then I again booked for the next day. Reached by 9:20 am and I got my bike serviced by 11:30am ..

So i think some days its very crowded and some days not. or may be reaching the service centre early makes a difference!!

Last edited by benbsb29 : 4th July 2022 at 04:25. Reason: Merged back-to-back posts.
Old 3rd July 2022, 22:18   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Not noticed or felt such an issue until now.. I think you should just have them check it...

Yes weekends visits to service centre is a bad choice.
Thanks, I will go to the service centre sometime during the weekday. This is a one-off issue I think. I suspect something related to head bearing as mentioned in the below clip (1:05).

amvj is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks