Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2022, 22:31   #76
BHPian

Re: 2022 Honda CB300R Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashi4877 View Post
First of all congratulations... May you have many more riding kms coming your way. Only point i would point out is the pillion comfort... thats a big downside on the CB 300R for long rides..
Thank you so much! I took test rides with my wife as pillion. It was very important that she felt comfortable, she said CB300R seating was better than my GT 535 and also Interceptor 650 stock seat. We did a 200km trip right before the first service and it was not bad. Looking forward to a long trip someday, maybe to my hometown!
neeruvk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2022, 22:38   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashi4877 View Post
I had a squeaky noise from the back brakes before the first service, it was noticeable during slow runs, like braking while reaching a speed breakers. but lately after first service not heard.
I mentioned this issue multiple times to the service advisor. He looked into it during service and cleaned the suspension points. His answer was to wait, ride it for more kilometres and it might go away. He also mentioned it could be the cables running near the suspension that rubs against the panel while the suspension bounces back. I'm not satisfied with the answers though.
neeruvk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th July 2022, 16:31   #78
BHPian

Honda CB300R service bulletin

I received a call today from Honda Service centre to update ECU to address vehicle start issues. I don't have the full details, but this the update I got from them. I will take my bike next weekend for this and as well as to address the cone set issue which I am facing. I hope other CB300R owners will get a call from the service centre in the coming days.
amvj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th July 2022, 13:24   #79
BHPian

Since I am facing the cone set issue (handle bar resistance during turns), I have skipped highway ride this weekend and spent the time to clean the bike.

The bike lacks a center stand and it is a pain to clean and lube the chain. I bought Grand pit stop paddock stands both front and rear. Although the front may not that useful, it is useful for lifting the bike to avoid Tyre damage (long term storage), apply Tyre dresser etc.

Also, I noticed I don't have a chain cleaner in hand. I am reluctant to use the bicycle chain cleaner for the bike. Upon searching the internet, I find Kerosene and Diesel are suggested as an alternative to mainstream chain cleaning brands. However, Kerosene is hard to get so I went to nearby petrol bunk and got a 1.5L Diesel. As it turns out, Diesel is very good to clean the chain.

It's a two hour workout today and I used these products. I find vehicle detailing is both tiring and therapeutic. I enjoy it very much.

2022 Honda CB300R Review-20220709_124106.jpg

2022 Honda CB300R Review-one.jpg

Post cleaning and detailing:

2022 Honda CB300R Review-three.jpg

2022 Honda CB300R Review-two.jpg

Paddock stands I bought from here:

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B07...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B07...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Name:  Paddock stand front.PNG
Views: 1808
Size:  223.7 KB

Name:  Paddock stand rear.PNG
Views: 1813
Size:  666.7 KB

Last edited by amvj : 9th July 2022 at 13:27.
amvj is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 10th July 2022, 13:43   #80
BHPian

Anyone here can recommend a sleek portable helmet lock which are not like those generic bicycle locks? I recently saw one on an Interceptor parked and locked with a helmet. I am looking for one which has the thin wire that could go through holes of a half face helmet. Something like below:

https://htrzmodz.com/products/ridex-...67a6103a&_ss=r
Old 10th July 2022, 14:49   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amvj View Post

I received a call today from Honda Service centre to update ECU to address vehicle start issues. I don't have the full details, but this the update I got from them. I will take my bike next weekend for this and as well as to address the cone set issue which I am facing. I hope other CB300R owners will get a call from the service centre in the coming days.
The Honda Bigwing folks called me for a couple of weeks to update the ECU. They just mentioned it is an emergency update. They didn't say anything more about what this update is about.

Got the update last Friday. The only change I seem to notice is that the acceleration in the first two gears has become smoother. Also, if you let go of the throttle, there used to be a shrill sound earlier, that is gone now.

Are any of you facing any noise when going through a bad patch of road? The service center says it is normal and is happening with all the CB300R.
7000plusrpm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2022, 16:20   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7000plusrpm View Post
The Honda Bigwing folks called me for a couple of weeks to update the ECU. They just mentioned it is an emergency update. They didn't say anything more about what this update is about.

Got the update last Friday. The only change I seem to notice is that the acceleration in the first two gears has become smoother. Also, if you let go of the throttle, there used to be a shrill sound earlier, that is gone now.

Are any of you facing any noise when going through a bad patch of road? The service center says it is normal and is happening with all the CB300R.
Thank you for the information 7000plusrpm regarding the ECU update.
The bike does feel like an uncontrollable angry bear in the 1st gear. The other way to describe is like snatchy fueling.

I booked for service next weekend and I will update you once that is completed.

Regarding noise while going through a bad patch of road, no, I am not facing any such issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neeruvk View Post
Anyone here can recommend a sleek portable helmet lock which are not like those generic bicycle locks? I recently saw one on an Interceptor parked and locked with a helmet. I am looking for one which has the thin wire that could go through holes of a half face helmet. Something like below:

https://htrzmodz.com/products/ridex-...67a6103a&_ss=r
The bikes come with an under seat helmet hook. If your helmet has D ring or a loop, you can remove your seat, attach the helmet and fit the seat. You can find the same in the owner's manual page no 43.

2022 Honda CB300R Review-helmet-lock.png

Last edited by amvj : 10th July 2022 at 16:48.
amvj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th July 2022, 12:10   #83
BHPian

Quote:
The bikes come with an under seat helmet hook. If your helmet has D ring or a loop, you can remove your seat, attach the helmet and fit the seat. You can find the same in the owner's manual page no 43.

Attachment 2331643
Thank you! I saw this very recently and tried hooking my helmets to it while I was outside. It didn't quite sit well nor was I able to close the back seat, maybe due to the length of the strap or the buckle.

Also, any good place to find CB300R accessories in Bangalore? Looking for a saddle stay and visor, came across BikenBiker but little expensive.
Old 11th July 2022, 14:56   #84
BHPian

^ As far as I know, accessories for 2022 cb300r are still not available. Please don't order things online such as crash guard, etc.. I bought crash guard from bikenbiker but it turned out bs4 cb300r crash guard is not compatible with 2022 model. I returned it, however, most luggages should be compatible, but are all very expensive. Still, take the bike and go to the shop and check it in person.
check Bikenbiker, letsgearup, Orionmotors (Koramangala).

2022 Honda CB300R Review-fe18b126e68e45a5b572dd7268596c9f.png

Last edited by amvj : 11th July 2022 at 15:07.
amvj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th July 2022, 19:33   #85
BHPian

Got it. Thanks for letting me know! I don't think the official accessories from Honda is going to come any time soon. My digital meter replacement would only happen between Aug-Oct (mostly October) since the part is yet to come. Service center doesn't have any spare parts with them.

I was really looking forward to get a visor and saddle stay done, I will check these other options you've provided. Wanted to ride to Kerala, my hometown! Parents haven't seen the vehicle yet.
Old 16th July 2022, 15:55   #86
BHPian

May and June month cb300r sales reportedly stood at single digit units, Is the production down due to semi conductor shortage or there are no buyers. I have Included Cb300r in my wishlist but looking at these sales numbers makes me worry about spares availability in future.
Piston_head is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2022, 10:20   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piston_head View Post
May and June month cb300r sales reportedly stood at single digit units, Is the production down due to semi conductor shortage or there are no buyers. I have Included Cb300r in my wishlist but looking at these sales numbers makes me worry about spares availability in future.
The lower sales are due to the over optimistic pricing by Honda and not semiconductor shortage. Regarding spares, I don't think you need to worry. BS4 CB300R were sold in very less numbers and Honda is providing spares for them too. The sales numbers are definitely less than CB350 bike and in-line with other higher capacity motorcycles.
amvj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th July 2022, 21:09   #88
BHPian

Today I went to Honda service centre and they fixed the cone set issue (handlebar resistance during turns). Now the handlebar feels so much better. Also the ECU has been updated. Now the 1st and 2nd gear feels less jerky.

2022 Honda CB300R Review-1.jpg

They did not charge anything for resolving the cone set issue and ECU update. On another note, I find the number plates bend quite easily and the service guy mentioned that it will take 6 months to get new one if we need to replace. So I the fixed number plate plastic protector in the service centre and they charged around 500 including labour charges for removing the rivets and riveting again.

2022 Honda CB300R Review-1-.jpg

On the way, I went to Royal Enfield, Jayanagar showroom and picked up these shoes. Only 4 different models of shoes were available in the showroom. Out of 4, only two of them properly covers the ankle and I picked this one. The showroom person mentioned that I have to order it online for other models.

2022 Honda CB300R Review-shoe.jpg

These are cheapest ones from RE shop and I don't think it will protect in a hard crash, but they are still better than the regular sports shoes. Before plonking big money, I want to check how these things fare / how comfortable.

https://store.royalenfield.com/amble...-7-brown-olive

Also spotted this beautiful custom 350 in the showroom.

2022 Honda CB300R Review-2.jpg

2022 Honda CB300R Review-3.jpg

2022 Honda CB300R Review-4.jpg

2022 Honda CB300R Review-5.jpg

2022 Honda CB300R Review-6.jpg

2022 Honda CB300R Review-7.jpg

2022 Honda CB300R Review-8.jpg

Last edited by amvj : 17th July 2022 at 21:23.
amvj is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 26th July 2022, 12:47   #89
BHPian

Quote:

ECU update feedback

To the cb300r owners, how do you feel post the ECU update?
I feel the jerkiness in 1st and 2nd gear has been reduced, but I feel more vibrations on the bike once you cross 100kmph or near 5000 RPM. Vibrations can be felt in the tank, footrest etc.
Old 27th July 2022, 09:50   #90
BHPian

Quote:
ECU update feedback

To the cb300r owners, how do you feel post the ECU update?
I feel the jerkiness in 1st and 2nd gear has been reduced, but I feel more vibrations on the bike once you cross 100kmph or near 5000 RPM. Vibrations can be felt in the tank, footrest etc.
I have not taken it to 100+ post the update. However, in the lower gears, I have gone beyond 5000 rpm and I haven't noticed any vibrations. If the weather permits, I will try to check again and let you know.
7000plusrpm is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks