Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2022, 14:10   #106
BHPian

Re: 2022 Honda CB300R Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by amvj View Post
However, what concerned was the engine bolt. I don't know how it was missing.
Do you feel anything different with the missing engine bolt? I remember you asking about vibration after around 5k rpm. Does it vibrate after fitting the bolt, or is it gone now?
7000plusrpm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2022, 14:16   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7000plusrpm View Post
Do you feel anything different with the missing engine bolt? I remember you asking about vibration after around 5k rpm. Does it vibrate after fitting the bolt, or is it gone now?
I have not done any proper ride after that to check the vibrations. I am currently down with COVID.
Old 24th August 2022, 21:10   #108
BHPian

Quote:
I have not done any proper ride after that to check the vibrations. I am currently down with COVID.
Oh, take care of yourself and get well soon!
7000plusrpm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2022, 18:19   #109
BHPian

Hi Guys

Today while cleaning I noticed this patch in the radiator, immediately sent these pictures to Big Wing they said to bring the bike to the service centre in Monday to check . The performance wise there is no issue, heating no issue, cooling fan working as normal... but just don't know how this happened.

Guys anyone knows about this patches as seen in the picture on the radiator net or guard however you call it?

These are patches seen in the picture towards the left bottom side..
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Honda CB300R Review-honda-cb300r-radiator-patch-picture-1.jpeg  

2022 Honda CB300R Review-honda-cb300r-radiator-patch-picture-2.jpeg  

Old 27th August 2022, 18:31   #110
BHPian

Wish you a speedy recovery... Just some relaxing time!!!
ashi4877 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2022, 14:35   #111
BHPian

Great reviews. This is such an understated gem of a bike.

This weekend I was in Indranagar (Bangalore) to test ride the 390 Adv. Unfortunately the bike wasn’t available but I hopped on the RC390 and took it for a short spin. Ghastly Saturday traffic gave one a reality check - probably ideal to get a feel of that engine and gearbox in its worst setting. I’m an old-school out-of-date rider who just crossed over to the wrong side of 40 and I haven’t really ridden anything in a decade. I own a 95 Roadking which I’ve only recently gotten back on its feet and my memories of anything remotely considered a ‘modern’ motorcycle was my beloved CBZ which I rode all through college and the first years of work. I’ve been wondering about all these new bikes for a while and I’ve just been too lazy to try them out until now.

My first impression was utterly awful. That KTM engine and gearbox seem an absolute nightmare in traffic! Awful in first and second, constantly luggging and needing to be wrung, such vibration (coming from a guy on an old Yezdi), constantly missing neutral at stops and a weirdly stiff clutch even though adjustable for reach. I know the ergonomics are different for the Duke and Adv, but the engine and gearbox being the same, this seemed utterly dreadful.

Then I hopped across to Honda and slung a leg over the little 300R. Night and day!! Suddenly this was I how I remembered riding back in college. Lovely, neat shifts, beautifully light clutch (even without the reach adjustment it just felt sooo much better than the KTM) pulls nicely, doesn’t require constant shifting and I even managed to get it down to 17-18 in 3rd without it bucking and shutting off. Low to no vibrations, that trademark Honda refinement, handles like a scalpel and just eager to leap forward when you give it the beans. What a great little package! Honestly given that the Duke 390 costs some 395-ish on road, this seems a superb deal at 40k less. Sure, you give up a bit of top end to the KTMs and maybe some electronic aids but what you get is such a brilliantly put together ‘usable’ mechanical package and that irreplaceable (to me) Honda-ness which constitutes design, reliability,l and refinement. I wasnt really in the market for a 300 as I hardly commute but this seriously has me thinking.

If only they’d put this in an Adv package, I’d be all over it. Made me realise how I shouldn’t have missed that clearance deal on the 500x.

Last edited by RT13 : 28th August 2022 at 14:39.
RT13 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 28th August 2022, 15:56   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashi4877 View Post
Guys anyone knows about this patches as seen in the picture on the radiator net or guard however you call it?
This is very a very common thing for 2-wheelers with radiator and happens due to stone chips hitting the radiator fins while riding. To avoid this you can go for a radiator guard but then the radiator guard will reduce the airflow marginally which should be fine unless you ride in very hot conditions very often like in bumper to bumper traffic where the engine would heat up quickly that's when the radiator might struggle since airflow will not be very optimal. But it's still much better to have a radiator guard than a damaged radiator. Stone chips can be lethal especially on highways where bigger vehicles like buses/trucks can send decently sized stones towards your radiator which can breakdown due to radiator puncture (read as coolant leakage).

Looking at your case, it's a very minor damage, no action is needed apart from investing in a radiator guard. Do not try to fix it yourself since the fins are delicate and the damage can get worse if you try to straighten them yourself without proper tools. If you do go for a radiator guard then while fixing it you can ask the mechanic to try and straighten the fins if possible before fixing the guard.
Funny is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 29th August 2022, 10:38   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny View Post
This is very a very common thing for 2-wheelers with radiator and happens due to stone chips hitting the radiator fins while riding.
Thanks a lot for explaining, to be frank i was worried and also wanted to go meet the Service Guys, but today its a rainy morning in Bangalore, so with work from home can't move.

Any suggestion on a guard... when checked online its pretty expensive in some of the branded websites.

Thanks
Old 29th August 2022, 11:04   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a lot for explaining, to be frank i was worried and also wanted to go meet the Service Guys, but today its a rainy morning in Bangalore, so with work from home can't move.

Any suggestion on a guard... when checked online its pretty expensive in some of the branded websites.

Thanks
This one is cheap but out of stock at the moment.

https://bandidospitstop.com/collecti...radiator-grill
Old 29th August 2022, 11:30   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Any suggestion on a guard, when checked online its pretty expensive in some of the branded websites.
Do invest in a quality radiator guard, it’s more than worth the price instead of having to replace the radiator if it breaks due to stone chip damage.

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th August 2022, 12:14   #116
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks
As far as I know the radiator guards are out of stock in all places except some foreign websites. I think the Lavalle road Bigwing showroom has one Honda bs4 radiator guard. You can ask them for the availability.
Old 24th September 2022, 16:00   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
These are really nice FE figures. What are the tankful to tankful figures?
I recently started recording the mileage through Fuelio app. I got a mileage of 33.33kmpl and 39.37kmpl during two fuel stops. Both were a mix of city and highway riding conditions.

The first one is bit off and last one is very close to the MID.
The reason for such varying mileage is because, the fuel filling in CB300R is not easy, there is a rod that prevents the fuel nozzle to enter deep inside. Also, because of this awkward arrangement, fuel tends to splash outside. Most attendants stop before filling the fuel tank to full.

2022 Honda CB300R Review-screenshot_20220924155027_fuelio.jpg

On another note, I went to HSR layout RTO (KA01) to get my RC (paper). I waited for 4 months and still the RTO did not send it. Honda showroom guys are useless and asked me to check with the RTO. I had to pay 100rs bribe to get the RC. I was surprised that RTOs are openly asking for the amount.

Last edited by amvj : 24th September 2022 at 16:07.
amvj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th September 2022, 09:35   #118
BHPian

Quote:
On another note, I went to HSR layout RTO (KA01) to get my RC (paper). I waited for 4 months and still the RTO did not send it. Honda showroom guys are useless and asked me to check with the RTO. I had to pay 100rs bribe to get the RC. I was surprised that RTOs are openly asking for the amount.
I have been trying to get mine and been calling BigWing last week. They gave me RTO guy's number and asked me to call him. He asked for my registration number and told he'll update. No news yet. Been waiting for 4 months as well, and same KA01 registration. Two of my friends who bought their vehicles even before me did not get it as well. Some are saying RTO was giving paper RCs and now they're back again with smart cards hence the delay. But this is not justified.
Old 25th September 2022, 10:57   #119
BHPian

RC book

I got my Bike with number on 30 May 2022, I still have not received the RC paper or card. Seeing all the messages I think I will also have to visit the RTO soon.
I am just downloaded the mparivahan app and have the details in there, if in case I am caught..
So guys any advice?

Another point is I still not got the radiator guard, no one seem to have it.
Old 25th September 2022, 11:06   #120
BHPian

Please visit the RTO office in person and get it. Showroom people are useless in this matter. Regarding after market accessories, none of them have the radiator guard. Bikenbiker had the SW-Motech crash guard till a few weeks ago and now it is out of stock as well. The curse of buying a non-popular motorcycle means we have no other option in the aftermarket world. Even Honda does not sell any accessories for this bike which is a shame.
amvj is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks