Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2022, 19:47   #121
BHPian

Re: 2022 Honda CB300R Review

Yes, I might visit the office then. I can't believe they ask bribe for this as well! Its disgusting.

I had reached out to BikenBiker two weeks back and they did say they're going to add few products for CB300R soon. I badly need a visor and saddle stay. My replacement for the speedometer is still pending, Honda guys are not sure when they will get the spare part.
neeruvk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th September 2022, 21:50   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neeruvk View Post
Yes, I might visit the office then. I can't believe they ask bribe for this as well! Its disgusting.

I had reached out to BikenBiker two weeks back and they did say they're going to add few products for CB300R soon. I badly need a visor and saddle stay. My replacement for the speedometer is still pending, Honda guys are not sure when they will get the spare part.
What is the issue with the speedo?

I think we need to create a separate thread here in Team-bhp discussing the issues faced by owners of Bigwing bikes. The delay of parts is unreasonably high.
amvj is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th September 2022, 23:26   #123
BHPian

My speedo has a small crack inside the glass. I only saw it after the delivery. This was during May and they agreed for replacement by placing order on the same month. The service person said it might arrive by October at the latest, but that was the worst case scenario according to him.

I agree, we need more discussions. And they only support/promote Highness models. When I went to Indiranagar showroom to book the bike, the manager there was pushing me to get CB350RS instead of CB300R. I really want them to do something about this. BigWing just did a full-on Leh road trip promotion for Highness with all Indian auto journalists! Why do they even bother to launch other models in India then?
neeruvk is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th September 2022, 07:34   #124
BHPian

Quote:
My speedo has a small crack inside the glass. I only saw it after the delivery. This was during May and they agreed for replacement by placing order on the same month. The service person said it might arrive by October at the latest, but that was the worst case scenario according to him…
That means it is a 5 month wait to get the parts. Which service centre mentioned you that: VFM or Lavalle road one?

Even if this is a CBU exotic, 5 months waiting period to get a part is completely unacceptable. Ours is now locally manufactured. Send a strongly worded email to Honda customer care and mention your ordeal. Check with the other service centre as well.
amvj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th September 2022, 17:29   #125
BHPian

Yea, it is bad! This is BigWing Bangalore North, near Mekhri Circle. I just spoke to all of these people today and this is what they updated:

1. My speedo spare part will take time till October to come. He confirmed this with service manager. He did say delay is huge and that is how it is. He also owns the previous CB300R model.
2. He checked all other sevice center inventory and everywhere it's out of stock. I also spoke to the sales manager.
3. Honda will be not be selling any official accesories for CB300R. He asked me to check with 3rd parties like Zana. So no pointing waiting anymore hoping something will come.
4. I need to visit the RTO office as the guy who I spoke to over phone is not helpful. BigWing would have sent their agent personally to RTO if it was KA04. Since I requested for KA01 and it's not near their locality, I have to personally visit the office and enquire.

One of my friend's friend who owns a Dominar 400 has been waiting for a part replacement for almost an year. Looks like Bajaj is also having a tough time fixing their logistics, or maybe this is how customers are being treated.
Old 27th September 2022, 20:03   #126
BHPian

Yesterday I got a call from VFM Honda Bigwing Halasuru parts manager that the Engine bolt and Front mudguard for the bike have been arrived. I ordered the parts on Aug 16th. After a wait of 1.5 months they have procured the parts. Please check the below link if you unaware of this developement. I dropped the bike yesterday evening and went today to collect it. To my disappointed they have ordered wrong bolt. So they replaced only the front mudguard.

This was quite a terrible experience. I find other people in the service centre are quite decent but the parts manager is not up to the mark at the VFM Honda service. I don't know again how long I need to wait to get the engine bolt. The parts manager was not available today and the service manager contacted him via phone but he was blabbering. I was in no mood argue with that guy.

The way they make the owners to cry / wait for parts, I have not felt shame to ask for the broken mudguard. It would be useful in case if I again need it in the future. I paid Rs 1406 for the mudguard.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motor...ml#post5381297 (2022 Honda CB300R Review)

old mudguard
2022 Honda CB300R Review-20220927_192525.jpg

2022 Honda CB300R Review-20220927_192606.jpg

I posted this in BS4 CB300R group (Thanks to BHPian NoSugarNoSpice for adding me there) and people suggest me to check with Silicon Honda, Bangalore. I would suggest the same to other people who are awaiting for parts for this model.

Last edited by amvj : 27th September 2022 at 20:29.
amvj is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th September 2022, 21:44   #127
BHPian

How do the CB300R sales compare with the vehicles slightly below and above the price and power range?

2022 Honda CB300R Review-bike-sales.png
amvj is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 8th October 2022, 20:30   #128
BHPian

Today I went to Honda Bigwing Topline Service centre in Mysore road (Silicon Honda) and fitted Radiator guard and Engine bolt. Only today I enquired whether they have that in stock and they have. The Service manager Harish was super helpful and accommodated my last minute request during the weekend. The service centre was almost 50KM from my home and it took 2 hours to reach there.

This was the first time I been to this service centre. It is quite far from my place, but well worth the visit. The accessories and Engine bolt gives me some peace of mind. The VFM Honda guys in Ulsoor failed big time in bringing the engine bolt which I placed an order on Aug 16th.

It should be noted that I have been looking for CB300R accessories for the past 5 months and unable to find anything in the after market. So when the service centre has that I don't want to miss it. They have quite a few in stock so I suggest other CB300R owners to get it in case if you are in the market for Radiator guard. When it comes to accessories, Royal Enfield is simply outstanding and Royal Enfield owners are taking that as granted.

2022 Honda CB300R Review-1.jpg

RAD radiator guard ready to fit. To be honest, I never heard about this brand. I checked for RAD but something different comes with a different logo. In my mind something is better than nothing.

2022 Honda CB300R Review-2.jpg

Without radiator guard
2022 Honda CB300R Review-20221008_1211191.jpg

With the radiator guard
2022 Honda CB300R Review-3.jpg

Technicians are removing the after market saree guard bolt with OEM ones.
2022 Honda CB300R Review-4.jpg

Engine bolt replaced with OEM part
2022 Honda CB300R Review-5.jpg

In my hand - after market engine bolt, after market saree guard bolts. These are replaced with OEM ones.
2022 Honda CB300R Review-6.jpg

Besides radiator guard, they also have washer set. Apparently these things are used to hide the screw areas. Visual garnish kind. However, they are costly at Rs 5.5K including both. I have not purchased them.
2022 Honda CB300R Review-7.jpg

2022 Honda CB300R Review-8.jpg

Some exotics (atleast from Indian context). The 4 cylinder ones are just delicious. Not a fan of the African twin though. Which looks like a giant Mantis.
2022 Honda CB300R Review-9.jpg

2022 Honda CB300R Review-10.jpg

2022 Honda CB300R Review-11.jpg

2022 Honda CB300R Review-12.jpg

2022 Honda CB300R Review-13.jpg

2022 Honda CB300R Review-14.jpg

Engine bolt, Radiator guard, Saree guard bolt + labour charge = 4420

2022 Honda CB300R Review-20221008_1731101.jpg

Also, this was the first time I have seen so many CB300R which includes both BS4 and BS6. I will create a separate post comparing BS4 and BS6 CB300R visually.

Last edited by amvj : 8th October 2022 at 20:34.
amvj is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 10th October 2022, 10:49   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amvj View Post
Today I went to Honda Bigwing Topline Service centre in Mysore road (Silicon Honda) and fitted Radiator guard and Engine bolt.
After your post, I promptly sent a message to Kolkata Bigwing along with the link to your post to check for accessories for the CB. As usual, the reply was that no accessories were available right now. It is really frustrating.

If you remember, for the BS-4 version, Honda released a list of accessories with their price. Not sure what is stopping them to release something for the BS-6 one!
7000plusrpm is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th October 2022, 11:41   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7000plusrpm View Post
After your post, I promptly sent a message to Kolkata Bigwing along with the link to your post to check for accessories for the CB. As usual, the reply was that no accessories were available right now. It is really frustrating.

If you remember, for the BS-4 version, Honda released a list of accessories with their price. Not sure what is stopping them to release something for the BS-6 one!
Actually the radiator guard is dealer specific. The same radiator guard is not available in the other Honda service centre (VFM Honda) in Bangalore. On the other hand, the VFM Honda guys yesterday shared that they have a seat cover for the bike and the cost is 750 including fitting but the same is not available in the Topline service centre which I went on Saturday.

2022 Honda CB300R Review-honda-cb300r-seat-cover-1.jpeg

2022 Honda CB300R Review-honda-cb300r-seat-cover-3.jpeg

2022 Honda CB300R Review-honda-cb300r-seat-cover-2.jpeg

In the BS4 era, Honda brought Kitaco accessories for the bike, but they were quite expensive. I suspect nobody bought them and hence Honda were not encouraged to bring for BS6 bikes. Atleast, Honda should provide radiator guard, crash guard for the bikes.

https://www.cartoq.com/honda-cb300r-accessories/
amvj is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th October 2022, 19:08   #131
BHPian

I have reached out to multiple staffs in BigWing and they all gave the same response that there will not be any official accesories from Honda. Customers have to depend on 3rd party accesories and companies who manufacture them.

An update of my RC card - I went to HSR RTO (KA01) this Monday and collected it. For anyone going there, it's in the first floor and room number 6. It only took 10mins for him to give it to me, didn't charge or ask for any money. But I had to travel from Hebbal to collect it on a weekday.

I saw a lot of envelopes ready to post and placed under the table. When asked why RTO is not sending these to vehicle owners' addresses, he said RTO doesn't send it anymore and you have to come and collect it from office. Just absurd! And it's just a small sheet of paper like a receipt and not a card. Immediately make a copy and laminate or lose it soon!
Old 12th October 2022, 19:10   #132
BHPian

Being a CB300R owner, finding accessory is one hard task. It is almost easier to find water in the desert than finding an accessory for this bike. Of course, there are some accessories available in foreign websites , but I don't want to go that route yet. Buying something from China / Chinese websites is out of the question. I don't want to support Chinese.

While checking, I find Yamaha is selling adjustable levers and got me tempted to try to it.

https://shop.yamaha-motor-india.com/...ch-brake-lever

2022 Honda CB300R Review-yamaha-lever.png

I got the Yamaha R15 V3 adjustable levers at the Whitefield Yamaha showroom in Bangalore. The parts manager gave me plenty of warnings that it will not fit other bikes even if it is Yamaha FZ etc. He also mentioned that they cannot open the package or try it on my bike. This made me in a difficult situation whether to buy or not. At Rs 950 It is not that expensive when compared to the adjustable levers at Bikenbiker and other standard aftermarket shops.

I bite the bullet and bought it. I have not tried it on my bike yet. If this fits, it is well and good, if it is not, I will just give it to some BHPian.

2022 Honda CB300R Review-20221012_175421.jpg

2022 Honda CB300R Review-20221012_184227.jpg

2022 Honda CB300R Review-20221012_184410.jpg

2022 Honda CB300R Review-20221012_184422.jpg

2022 Honda CB300R Review-20221012_184641.jpg

2022 Honda CB300R Review-20221012_185932.jpg

If this does not fit, then my next option would be visiting J C road shops.

Last edited by amvj : 12th October 2022 at 19:13.
amvj is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 13th October 2022, 10:46   #133
BHPian

Quote:

I have reached out to multiple staffs in BigWing and they all gave the same response that there will not be any official accesories from Honda. Customers have to depend on 3rd party accesories and companies who manufacture them.
Thanks for sharing. This is really unbelievable. I've waited for 10 months for official accessories.
It seems customized and third-party is the way forward. But in Kolkata, we don't even have third-party accessories available in a physical store. Will have to get them shipped from Bangalore probably and in case of issues like amvj had faced, will have to ship them back!

Quote:
While checking, I find Yamaha is selling adjustable levers and got me tempted to try to it.
This I think is a big miss from Honda in the CB. The adjustable levers should have been fitted from the factory. Will wait for your results.
7000plusrpm is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th October 2022, 22:43   #134
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

https://shop.yamaha-motor-india.com/...ch-brake-lever

Attachment 2367498

I got the Yamaha R15 V3 adjustable levers at the Whitefield Yamaha showroom in Bangalore. The parts manager gave me plenty of warnings that it will not fit other bikes even if it is Yamaha FZ etc. He also mentioned that they cannot open the package or try it on my bike. This made me in a difficult situation whether to buy or not. At Rs 950 It is not that expensive when compared to the adjustable levers at Bikenbiker and other standard aftermarket shops.

I bite the bullet and bought it. I have not tried it on my bike yet. If this fits, it is well and good, if it is not, I will just give it to some BHPian.
amvj, thanks for sharing this update. I got a little confused after looking at your pictures. There is an overhead photograph of the boxed product. Is that what was sold to you at the Yamaha store? If yes, it raises some flags. That doesnt look like genuine Yamaha packaging. It is exactly the type of packing that you would find for adjustable levers that are sold on JC Road. Also, genuine Rizoma levers arent this wallet friendly.
neil.jericho is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th October 2022, 19:59   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
amvj, thanks for sharing this update. I got a little confused after looking at your pictures. There is an overhead photograph of the boxed product. Is that what was sold to you at the Yamaha store? If yes, it raises some flags. That doesnt look like genuine Yamaha packaging. It is exactly the type of packing that you would find for adjustable levers that are sold on JC Road. Also, genuine Rizoma levers arent this wallet friendly.
Hi Neil
These levers looks same as the one posted on Yamaha website and costs the same. I agree with you regarding the packaging and the brand. I checked Rizoma website and the levers cost upwards of 100 euros. However, I got a proper bill from Yamaha service centre , but misplaced it somewhere when I want to recheck after your post.

In case if you visit Yamaha showroom / service centre , please check the levers and let me know

Most Viewed