Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2022, 08:22   #1

How to find an old bike / car previously owned by our family?

Hello Everyone!

A little backstory: My father owned a 70s/80s Royal Enfield Bullet during his youth. He had it during a considerable part of the 90s but eventually sold it when he bought the first family car. He loved the Bullet and as a kid I too have many fond memories of him giving me rides on it almost every day. I've often noticed him reminiscing about it. I strongly believe he would highly appreciate having it back.

I too, for many years have always wished to find and buy back the same old Bullet which he rode as a gift to him. But, I don't know exactly where and how to go about it. This recent post (Stolen & found after 25 years - Dad's 1971 Bullet!) has again motivated me to pursue the thought. Hence this call for guidance/help.

Ideally, where should one start looking for a specific old bike? All I have is a registration number which obviously doesn't show up anything in the Vaahan portal. I know it's not a lot to work with but still would appreciate any help from you good people!

Regards,
SB

P.S. Please forgive any grammatical mistakes.
Insearchofdadsb is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2022, 14:20   #2
BHPian

Re: How to find an old bike / car previously owned by our family?

Hi

Not an expert but you could start with adding the following information in your original post

1. Vehicle Registration Number
2. Vehicle model number
3. Some dates like which year was it made / registered
4. Some names like registered to your father name ?
5. VIN number if you have
6. Any pics of RC copy? that would make questions 2-4 easy
7. Last location where you lived with that bike so that people in that area can take note and ask around with local shops
8. Google local - hope you know that you can go to maps.google.com and put a location and then use the SEARCH NEARBY option to look for any particular type of business like bike mechanic etc. This is like shooting in the dark but whenever you are free you can start making some calls as these entries have phone numbers or you can pick up the phone number from the shop photos.

Good luck.

Regards
Dev
irdevanand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2022, 16:15   #3
BHPian

Re: How to find an old bike / car previously owned by our family?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insearchofdadsb View Post

Ideally, where should one start looking for a specific old bike? All I have is a registration number which obviously doesn't show up anything in the Vaahan portal. I know it's not a lot to work with but still would appreciate any help from you good people!

Regards,
SB

P.S. Please forgive any grammatical mistakes.
You might want to start off by paying a visit to the RTO office where it was registered last, when your dad owned it, as the Vaahan portal doesn't show up any records online. For the results to be more encouraging, you might want to, you know, be a little "sweet" to them.
All the very best.
jeeva is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks