Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2022, 10:34   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hero MotoCorp launches Vida brand for EVs

^^ I too see lot of people riding Hero Electric, Okinawa etc and they seem happy, the few whom I talked to. They are price conscious customers and feel they have got the bang for their buck. But I feel they are Chinese knock offs, that is why they were affected in the recent FAME subsidy stoppage. Probably just one or two Chinese companies supply the ckd kit to all of them.

I would rather buy TVS/Ola/Ather/Heromotocorp, in that order. But so far none seem to have the footrest for ladies riding pillion sideways. It is a must for me. Allowing them to sit with feet dangling in the air is dangerous.
Old 28th November 2022, 10:41   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post

I would rather buy TVS/Ola/Ather/Heromotocorp, in that order. But so far none seem to have the footrest for ladies riding pillion sideways. It is a must for me. Allowing them to sit with feet dangling in the air is dangerous.
The new version of the Ather has the Side Footrest available, albeit as an accessory. Pictures below for reference. I'm not sure if it can be fitted to earlier versions but it probably can be.

Name:  Screenshot 20221128 104019.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  52.7 KB

Name:  Screenshot 20221128 104002.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  48.5 KB

Hero MotoCorp launches Vida brand for EVs-screenshot-20221128-103936.jpg
WhiskeyTangoFox is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2022, 10:49   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeyTangoFox View Post
The new version of the Ather has the Side Footrest available, albeit as an accessory.
I will check it out. It is important the accessory is mounted to the chassis and not the body. Because most ladies will not be tall enough to first sit on the pillion and then place their feet on it. They will use it as a step to climb on to the pillion.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks