Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2022, 20:51   #91
BHPian

Re: Ownership Review | 2022 Yamaha Aerox 155 | Racing Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by HYPERTOURER View Post
Nothing will void warranty. I just swapped to this setup on my own DIY. Have documented everything. Riding out in the evening and the review should be up tonight. These are definitely softer than stock since the stock ones come from a ray z and these are specific to the Aerox. Yamaha I lans to launch them but when they will come is anyones guess. I luckily got my hands on these and have placed an order for more sets. Costs around 3800 to 4000 plus shipping for the set. Definitely cheaper than the KYB. Could compress the shocks by hand unlike the stock setup.
If you are importing few more sets then is there a chance that even I can get one?

Vijay
Old 14th May 2022, 21:10   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijay_k View Post
If you are importing few more sets then is there a chance that even I can get one?

Vijay
Yes i will b getting quite a few sets. Will update when the stock comes.
HYPERTOURER is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2022, 06:22   #93
Senior - BHPian

This guy is a man after my own heart and has carried out every mod that can be done on AEROX in his videos
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2022, 11:21   #94
BHPian

So my video on the new Suspension is live. You can check it out here.
HYPERTOURER is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2022, 11:28   #95
BHPian

A new update. The aerox now comes with ceat tyres
Attached Thumbnails
Ownership Review | 2022 Yamaha Aerox 155 | Racing Blue-09222ab64777467c9a53ee9ae5a158ff.jpeg  

HYPERTOURER is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2022, 11:40   #96
Senior - BHPian

Hmmm - I don't mind paying more and importing these original tyres that the bike came with (Some say its Japanese). The grip is phenomenal. I think slowly this bike is getting Indianized. Will this quality remain, is a question on everyone's mind
Quote:
Originally Posted by HYPERTOURER View Post
A new update. The aerox now comes with ceat tyres
Old 24th May 2022, 07:36   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Hmmm - I don't mind paying more and importing these original tyres that the bike came with (Some say its Japanese). The grip is phenomenal. I think slowly this bike is getting Indianized. Will this quality remain, is a question on everyone's mind
Its IRC made in Indonesia. Importing tires is a pain also.
Old 29th May 2022, 12:17   #98

Hi folks,

For those of you considering getting rid of the stickers on Yamaha Aerox, I went and ahead and removed some of them. This is totally subjective but the stickers were overkill for me and it felt like they were taking away from the aggressive design.

I got rid of the Aerox sticker on the front, the '155cc liquid cooled' stickers on the side of the front fairings and the stickers on the rear panelling. I kept the huge Aerox sticker on the tunnel, the YAMAHA lettering and the black shadow stickers on the sides.

The stickers came away in one piece without any tearing or leaving gum residue on the body.
Attached Thumbnails
Ownership Review | 2022 Yamaha Aerox 155 | Racing Blue-img1.jpg  

Ownership Review | 2022 Yamaha Aerox 155 | Racing Blue-img2.jpg  

Ownership Review | 2022 Yamaha Aerox 155 | Racing Blue-img3.jpg  

p__t is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 1st June 2022, 00:08   #99
Senior - BHPian

Couple of days back booked myself Aerox 155 in black color. Delivery would be after a month. I booked mine from Blue Square Amravati as Nagpur doesn't have one. Local dealer kept giving excuses or rather kept lying about availability of vehicle.
Old 1st June 2022, 05:38   #100
Senior - BHPian

Nice Destickering always gives good result. BTW Does your seat cover make you slide down on braking? I had mine removed
Quote:
Originally Posted by p__t View Post
I went ahead and removed some of them
Old 1st June 2022, 08:50   #101

Quote:
Nice Destickering always gives good result. BTW Does your seat cover make you slide down on braking? I had mine removed
Yes! Really annoying. It wasn't happening without the seat cover. I'll probably remove it too.

Waiting to see if an aftermarket one with a tiny bum rest comes along. I also like the custom seat job that Youtuber Bulu Patnaik got done - He made rider portion of the seat completely flat and I'm thinking this would help avoid the occasional knee crashing into the front plastic bits.
Old 1st June 2022, 10:57   #102
Senior - BHPian

Yeah Rao Seat Covers did that, and he charges a bomb. I've seen it, Rider portion is kind of curved to hold posterior well, not flat. If you keep it flat, you will slide forward
Quote:
Originally Posted by p__t View Post
He made rider portion of the seat completely flat and I'm thinking this would help avoid the occasional knee crashing into the front plastic bits.
Old 13th June 2022, 09:30   #103
BANNED

How much are the PDI charges one should ve paying to the dealer when buying the Aerox? I got a quote at Tirupur, TN and was surprised to find that they charge 5k for 'PDI' and another 2 k for the affidavit. I was able to buy my car without any additional charges when I bought it. Has the times changed? Are PDI charges unavoidable nowadays when buying two-wheelers?

Last edited by COMMUTER : 13th June 2022 at 09:31.
Old 13th June 2022, 12:28   #104
Senior - BHPian

They're pulling a fast one on you. No such thing as PDi Charge
Quote:
Originally Posted by COMMUTER View Post
How much are the PDI charges one should ve paying to the dealer when buying the Aerox? I got a quote at Tirupur, TN and was surprised to find that they charge 5k for 'PDI' and another 2 k for the affidavit. I was able to buy my car without any additional charges when I bought it. Has the times changed? Are PDI charges unavoidable nowadays when buying two-wheelers?
Sebring is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th June 2022, 00:06   #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by agspins View Post
Couple of days back booked myself Aerox 155 in black color. Delivery would be after a month. I booked mine from Blue Square Amravati as Nagpur doesn't have one. Local dealer kept giving excuses or rather kept lying about availability of vehicle.
Yes, experienced the same in Pune. Contacted a couple of dealers, they did not accept any bookings and misled stating that the company does hasn't allotted any vehicles and nor do they know when the stock would be available. Finally after repeatedly following up with Suvarnarekha Yamaha from Pune, who is a sub dealer of Monarch Yamaha, let me know that only Shelar Yamaha accepted bookings for Aerox.

Quote:
They're pulling a fast one on you. No such thing as PDi Charge
Same in Pune, had to pay 2000 rupees as a PDI charge, I know those are bogus, but they won't allot you the bike unless you pay the PDI charges. They do give the helmet 'free' though, so I'm guessing part of PDI charges go towards that. They were also pretty insistent on buying insurance from them, but relented afterwards.

Last edited by Aditya : 16th July 2022 at 18:31. Reason: Back to back posts merged
hphse33 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks