Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2022, 16:46   #121
BHPian

Re: Ownership Review | 2022 Yamaha Aerox 155 | Racing Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
SPOTTED! Mono Shock absorber on Yamaha Aerox at the service centre. One rider said he can arrange for upgraded shock absorbers (TWIN UNIT) imported from Thailand but that would cost Rs 15,000. "Very comfortable" as per him. I have let that be, for now
Take a look at Instagram, there are a lot of IG Pages selling parts for the Aerox. The two most notable ones that I've seen being Dismotech based out of Bangalore and the Aerox155_Chennai page based out of Chennai.

One advantage for the Aerox is that it and it's twin, the NMax 155 are extremely popular in countries like Malaysia, Thailand, the Philippines etc where the market for medium capacity scooters (150-350cc) is huge. Acquiring aftermarket parts for the Aerox is only a matter of importing them from these countries.

Even websites like LRL Motors have begin stocking parts for the Aerox like YSS, RCB (Racing Boy Malaysia) and Ohlins suspension as well as BMC Air filters.
GreasyCarb55 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th August 2022, 21:03   #122

Quote:
After almost a year of waiting Bike N Biker finally procured the original GIVI top box mount for me from Malaysia. The mount is available with them for Rs 7500 and mine is the first they have fitted
Hi Sebring, I got the same mount as you did. Did the wire need to be cut for the stop light? If yes, does it void the warranty?
Old 20th August 2022, 05:37   #123
Senior - BHPian

Wire needs to be cut, and yes it voids warranty. But I was fine with it. Moreover I'm installing a 'Givi charge station' inside the box. This will enable me to charge a host of devices inside the safety of the topbox
Quote:
Originally Posted by hphse33 View Post
Hi Sebring, I got the same mount as you did. Did the wire need to be cut for the stop light? If yes, does it void the warranty?
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2022, 11:11   #124

Quote:
Wire needs to be cut, and yes it voids warranty. But I was fine with it. Moreover I'm installing a 'Givi charge station' inside the box. This will enable me to charge a host of devices inside the safety of the topbox
Thanks, wondering is it worth it, considering I paid for extended warranty, but the service manager a Shelar Yamaha, Pune told me that they could fix it, so I'm hoping that won't cause any warranty issues.
Btw, where did you get the charge station? Is it available on Bike n Biker too?
Old 20th August 2022, 13:37   #125
Senior - BHPian

Yes they will organise it for me
Quote:
Originally Posted by hphse33 View Post
Btw, where did you get the charge station? Is it available on Bike n Biker too?
Old 13th September 2022, 15:33   #126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulkool View Post
Fantastic review, this seems like a great choice for performance scooter in India. Have seen one on the road the other day and it seems quite big in size when compared to other scooters. I actually thought of cancelling the bike purchase and getting this, but found a good deal on Interceptor. I really want to change the activa 125 which i have right now with this one. Although i have nothing to complain with activa, does its job well. Just a little bit power would be perfect. I would prefer softer rear suspension. Activa is too soft and other scooters like Vespa, Aprillia etc are too stiff. In my case, most of the riding in the city and having a stiff rear suspension really hurts the back, unless roads are good.
Been to 3 yamaha showrooms recently and none of these have aerox TD bike. Really yamaha, you dont have a TD bike in city like Chennai. What is the point of launching such bikes if you can give TD. One showroom guy was like its a premium bike so we dont have TD !
Rahulkool is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2022, 21:55   #127
BHPian

I don't think that the company is really serious about this product. In fact, I bought it purely unriden and if I even had a chance to ride it for a short while, I would've walked away, so bad is the suspension and so unsuitable it is for what passes for roads in our cities.

It's almost a year, there is no mention of the add on shock absorbers, you go to the dealership, they know absolutely nothing and there is no sign of any kind of followup or updates.

So, its a good thing that no one is bothered, it will prevent more people from getting the pain of a bad product.
jaganm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th September 2022, 22:03   #128
Senior - BHPian

Sorry to hear. Bangalore roads are bad for all categories of vehicles. But Aerox has good demand in second hand market. Do Try to dispose
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaganm View Post
In fact, I bought it purely unriden and if I even had a chance to ride it for a short while, I would've walked away, so bad is the suspension and so unsuitable it is for what passes for roads in our cities.
Old 14th September 2022, 07:24   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry to hear. Bangalore roads are bad for all categories of vehicles. But Aerox has good demand in second hand market. Do Try to dispose
I will disagree there, the other vehicles in my garage handle it much much better, Highness and Ather 450 is what I have. It is a great vehicle to ride on super smooth roads, I’ve even done a 500 km day on it. But those don’t come very often and as a result the scoot lies unused most of the time.

I hadn’t yet come to the decision of selling it, as bikers we get emotionally attached to our vehicles and it is difficult to let go. It may take a few months more for me to arrive at that place.
jaganm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2022, 09:48   #130
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Been to 3 yamaha showrooms recently and none of these have aerox TD bike. Really yamaha, you dont have a TD bike in city like Chennai. What is the point of launching such bikes if you can give TD. One showroom guy was like its a premium bike so we dont have TD !
Overall, it feels like the Indian market has really lost interest in the Aerox 155. Nobody talks about it. You simply dont see it on our roads. This is a case of being out of mind and out of sight, as well as, out of sight and out of mind.

What hasnt helped matters is Yamaha's lackluster rollout of their Blue Square strategy and the lack of any real efforts towards promoting the Aerox. Not having test ride bikes of what could have been an important product, in a city like Madras, only goes to show that Yamaha is happy selling R15s and MT15 in the premium end of their offerings.

Quote:
I don't think that the company is really serious about this product. In fact, I bought it purely unriden and if I even had a chance to ride it for a short while, I would've walked away, so bad is the suspension and so unsuitable it is for what passes for roads in our cities.

It's almost a year, there is no mention of the add on shock absorbers, you go to the dealership, they know absolutely nothing and there is no sign of any kind of followup or updates.

So, its a good thing that no one is bothered, it will prevent more people from getting the pain of a bad product.
jaganm, is it a case of a bad product or the right customer buying the incorrect product? It seems to be the latter. As per your own admission, a test ride would have made it clear that it isnt the right scooter for you. Maybe its best to let go of it and find something more to your taste. Why continue your misery?
neil.jericho is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th September 2022, 11:07   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

This is one of the main reason i want to TD it first. Have seen many mixed reviews of ride quality. I want to be 100% sure of ride quality then only will buy it, i am not going to take it to highways or track, most of the riding will be in city. Dont want to buy something with back breaking ride quality ! Anyways i am little apprehensive now with yamaha attitude, already heard that after sales service is not good and if this the attitude before buying, then i can only imagine about service. May will get another activa 125 to replace the existing one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
Overall, it feels like the Indian market has really lost interest in the Aerox 155. Nobody talks about it. You simply dont see it on our roads. This is a case of being out of mind and out of sight, as well as, out of sight and out of mind.

What hasnt helped matters is Yamaha's lackluster rollout of their Blue Square strategy and the lack of any real efforts towards promoting the Aerox. Not having test ride bikes of what could have been an important product, in a city like Madras, only goes to show that Yamaha is happy selling R15s and MT15 in the premium end of their offerings.
Yamaha itself it treating the product so badly , how they can expect people to have interest in the product. They have lost a perspective customer, so many similar cases would be there, i for one will never buy anything without TD, not matter how good the product and reviews.

Out of 3 showroom i went, 2 of them were so called blue square. All 3 were ready to sell Aerox to me but no test rides. Anyways it reflects in the sales nos, apart from couple of products rest all are flops.

By comparison i have been to multiple RE showrooms in recent couple of years and the experience so far is fantastic !
Rahulkool is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2022, 13:39   #132
Senior - BHPian

The smooth Chennai roads are fabulous for Aerox. Do look up the numerous 'Chennai Aerox' clubs on Insta
Quote:
This is one of the main reason i want to TD it first. Have seen many mixed reviews of ride quality. I want to be 100% sure of ride quality then only will buy it
Old 17th September 2022, 10:29   #133
BHPian

I am planning on selling off one of my motorcycles and getting a scooter. The primary driver is the continuously worsening traffic situation in Pune combined with heavy rains.

I have frequently ridden my father's Jupiter and brother's Activa and would be comparing against those two.
Based on my internet research, I shortlisted the Aerox, SR160 and N-Torque. I test rode all three and have finalized the Aerox
My second preference would have been the NTorque - TVS has really upped the game here. Hopefully they come out with NTorque 300.

For the Aerox, I atleast don't understand the complaints about the suspension. It is perfectly acceptable even compared to Jupiter and in fact the Aerox feels much more stable and controlled.

Shelar Yamaha has test rides and all three colors available.
Old 17th September 2022, 10:33   #134
Senior - BHPian

Bangalore's roads have turned 'offroad'. On Aerox it is bone rattling to get into a foot long ditch. Not the product fault at all. Its amazing to ride outside our city
Quote:
Originally Posted by timuseravan View Post
For the Aerox, I atleast don't understand the complaints about the suspension. It is perfectly acceptable even compared to Jupiter and in fact the Aerox feels much more stable and controlled.
Old 17th September 2022, 12:19   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by timuseravan View Post
I am planning on selling off one of my motorcycles and getting a scooter.

Shelar Yamaha has test rides and all three colors available.
Suggest you to have a good look at the Xpulse. For city commuting it’s a great option. Controls are very easy plus the ride suspension is awesome. Your back will thank you for a long time.
ku69rd is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed