Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2022, 19:08   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Royal Enfield Interceptor/Continental GT Twins : Parts availability

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Boss, you're going to love this:

Sump guard, guess when I placed an order? 9-Dec-2021. Yes, it's going to be 4 months now & still no signs of sump guard.

I was unofficially told by showroom to get in touch with another dealer in Adyar as they've huge inventory.
Haha, I was on the hook for the sump guard for over a year (didn't follow up after the first 2 attempts). When I went to one of the RE sales office (in Mumbai), I was told the service center (same vendor) will tell me the stock status. When I walked over to the service center, they said the sales team have the details and will let me know. In the end, they didn't have it in stock (due to Covid constraints apparently) and told me to come back later after a week. Got it a year later in Bangalore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by setuniket View Post
There is acute shortage of parts(as per the RE Dealers in Delhi/NCR), except frequent stuff such as oil filter/air filter, some regular replacements remain out of stock.

Do the Bangalore/Chennai stores ship/Courier spares? I will contact them and get stuff instead of driving around to 5 service centres to get simple parts.
Same is the case with Mumbai service centers. Can't recollect all the parts I had to wait for over 2020 & 2021, but effectively every servicing/other repair trip would eventually turn into a delay as one of the parts needed would not be in stock and they would tell me they are ordering it from a different RE service outlet in the city, and I would get the bike a day later. But I assumed that was due to Covid and would be temporary. Now it doesn't seem to be the case.

I'm not sure if they courier spares. But I would suggest you to do what @iamgyan suggested to me - call up their helpline and raise a complaint. Let them run around and make sure the nearest service center gets those parts in stock asap.
ninjatalli is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th March 2022, 19:46   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Haha, I was on the hook for the sump guard for over a year (didn't follow up after the first 2 attempts). When I went to one of the RE sales office (in Mumbai), I was told the service center (same vendor) will tell me the stock status. When I walked over to the service center, they said the sales team have the details and will let me know. In the end, they didn't have it in stock (due to Covid constraints apparently) and told me to come back later after a week
Shoots!! Just change the place from Bombay to Chennai; this is exactly, ditto what happened here as well; during the sale, sales people said, they'll get it, after 2 attempts & always no answer, I ditched them to ASC; ASC said sales will procure. Sales keeps saying, what can we do when there's no supply? Later they asked me to go to Adyar. I think I'll have to look at Zana or someone now
Old 29th March 2022, 21:20   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Thanks for checking & sharing your feedback; I would vouch to stay off from Pudupet. Having my 20s to 30s explored that entire locality with Rx & RD for more than half a decade almost all the streets, all I can say is, the effort is worthy for parts from yesteryears motorcycles like Yezdi, Jawa, Rajdoot, Luna, Hero Puch etc. Otherwise it has to be parts from reputed OE supplier such as Supraja cables etc. Even then, I still have my apprehension. Or if its for customization such as saddle bags, seats etc.

For vehicles that are still in production - the wait is worth.
I don't think there is any issue with authorized spare parts shops. Be it pudupet or any other area. RE spares are very reasonably priced. These guys keep genuine parts, if you want any other quality than OEM then that should be also available. Mostly they will tell you up front if its genuine or not. Going to service center for small parts like these would be too time consuming. Also the way RE bikes are built, its very easy to work on them. If you are inclined on DIY stuff then its easier to find some stores nearby for spare parts.
Old 1st April 2022, 09:19   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Update: A big vote of thanks to @iamgyan for his suggestion to reach out to RE customer helpline.

Within a day of making my complaint, the local dealership called up a few times to give status update on the parts (un)availability and finally sourced the front brake pads directly from the vendor (their words). A technician came over to my house yesterday evening and did the repair work of changing the brake pads in my parking lot.

Kudos to Royal Enfield on giving this level of importance to escalated customer complaints. I don't remember any other automobile firm (maybe other than Maruti) giving this level of focus. But I do hope the core underlying issue (of parts unavailability for the Twins) is handled better going forward.
ninjatalli is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st April 2022, 22:46   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Update: A big vote of thanks to @iamgyan for his suggestion to reach out to RE customer helpline.
Thank you sir! Glad it worked out! Even I was surprised to find an actual caring customer care

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks