Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2022, 10:33   #136
BHPian

Re: Suzuki V-Strom 250 SX, now launched at Rs. 2.12 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlocked View Post
Another ride review by a Youtuber with the disconnected odo before the embargo gets lifted. This one takes the bike on the highway:

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=PqJOdC361nU
His riding technique of 'sound the horn and hope that nobody hits you' is remarkable

Jokes apart, this bike is looking more and more appealing with every passing video. The embargo on official reviews will be lifted this Friday (May 27th), will be interesting to hear from messrs. Zigwheels/Powerdrift etc.
Sudarshan42 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2022, 10:41   #137
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
From what I hear, Suzuki is keeping a tight leash on test rides, until the media embargo is raised.
Yeah, that's what I can't fathom about not just Suzuki, but most marketing departments of auto majors these days. When everyone these days has a high-end camera phone and most enthusiasts are very aware about test mules, the media "embargo" concept itself seems very dated. And I mean with enthusiasts willing and able to do half your marketing job for you; just look at this thread - no test ride yet and see the positive sentiment; why not harness that positively and provide some real content instead of half-baked teasers and trying to control the narrative/time of narrative. Too much of a delay and sentiment will turn negative. Anyway this is an enthusiast's bike, not going to see commuter-type sales, so why embargo your already limited target audience.
am1m is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2022, 11:12   #138
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post
Yeah, that's what I can't fathom about not just Suzuki, but most marketing departments of auto majors these days. When everyone these days has a high-end camera phone and most enthusiasts are very aware about test mules, the media "embargo" concept itself seems very dated. And I mean with enthusiasts willing and able to do half your marketing job for you; just look at this thread - no test ride yet and see the positive sentiment; why not harness that positively and provide some real content instead of half-baked teasers and trying to control the narrative/time of narrative. Too much of a delay and sentiment will turn negative. Anyway this is an enthusiast's bike, not going to see commuter-type sales, so why embargo your already limited target audience.
am1m, I understand what you are saying. However, in this case, I believe that there is more than what meets the eye. From what I have been told
- The media rides were split into two. One set went to North India. The other was in South India.
- Right now, the embargo is in place.
- Suzuki has dispatched the motorcycles to their showrooms pan India.
- A local dealership is getting 4 motorcycles this week. Of that, one will be the test ride bike. The other 3 are for deliveries.
- The reviews of the motorcycle will be out on the 27th.
- The showrooms will have an official launch of the bike on the 27th / 28th.
- Deliveries will commence immediately.
- My assumption is that test rides should start by next week.

The larger purpose of the embargoes is to give all journalists a level playing field. Editing these 15 minute videos is awfully time consuming. And not everyone invited to these launches has a production studio behind them.

Once the local showroom launches happens, the floodgates will open. Next week, this time, our Youtube feeds will be flooded with videos of "Dont book VStrom 250 without watching this" and "Hit ya miss? Suzuki VStrom 250" etc.
neil.jericho is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2022, 19:41   #139
BHPian

What this bike needs is to quickly build some right associations and reputations. Either Suzuki's marketing team or some mature ownership reviews. Certainly waiting for better content than what exists currently on YouTube.

Supposedly the first SX 250 has been delivered, according to YouTube, to some JS paaji who I fear is going to substantially bring down the 'aspirational' equity of this motorcycle for me, by releasing a flood of sensational, click-bait titled vlogs describing it to his millions of followers. An unfortunate encounter with some random earlier vlog of his where he said - lollipop choosthe hue motorcycle chalane ka mazaa hi kuch aur hai' or some such, has scared and scarred me enough.

Should I continue to keep my booking of the Vstrom and join this 'tribe' in the hope that there will be more sensible owners in the future? I certainly hope so
AnAntinspired is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2022, 21:27   #140
Senior - BHPian

Hey congrats! When are you getting delivery of your bike? Have they given any date? What was the booking amount? Don't worry about who buys the bikes (these are not in your control) and who your peers will be, just infuse coolness into the bike with your own persona That's what matters to us TeamBHPians
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnAntinspired View Post
Should I continue to keep my booking of the Vstrom and join this 'tribe' in the hope that there will be more sensible owners in the future? I certainly hope so
Sebring is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2022, 21:43   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
- A local dealership is getting 4 motorcycles this week. Of that, one will be the test ride bike. The other 3 are for deliveries.
- The reviews of the motorcycle will be out on the 27th.
- The showrooms will have an official launch of the bike on the 27th / 28th.
- Deliveries will commence immediately.
- My assumption is that test rides should start by next week.
This is what bugs me. If this is Suzuki’s plan of action, then they should have maintained it. There are people uploading youtube videos, and I am sure more will come before 27th.
Old 23rd May 2022, 22:07   #142
Senior - BHPian

Deliveries started already? Or is it because he’s a famous youtuber?

Suzuki V-Strom 250 SX, now launched at Rs. 2.12 lakhs-546764213803408b8bebd88aa45ce794.jpeg

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Ok, so delivery started even before official reviews? Great Suzuki! I think these are the same guys who snagged the BMW scooter costing 12 lakhs. They're using brand new bike launches to further their popularity
BMW scooter was bought by Swaran from Mumbai. He is a very rich person with plethora of superbikes/cars(all yellow coloured) and all YouTubers(JS,MumbikerNikhil etc) make a beeline to his garage for content

Last edited by SoumenD : 23rd May 2022 at 22:19.
SoumenD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2022, 22:11   #143
Senior - BHPian

Ok, so delivery started even before official reviews? Great Suzuki! I think these are the same guys who snagged the BMW scooter costing 12 lakhs. They're using brand new bike launches to further their popularity
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
Deliveries started already? Or is it because he’s a famous Youtuber?
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2022, 22:17   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Hey congrats! When are you getting delivery of your bike? Have they given any date? What was the booking amount?
Hehe. Thanks Sebring. Market repute didn't keep me away from even the single seater hero honda splendor classic back in the day, so any fear is entirely sarcasm at how just anyone with a camera talks motorcycles influentially on YouTube today.
I'm told the bikes are reaching Aryan in bangalore before this weekend, and deliveries should be immediate to those who like me had paid up 5k as a booking amount, a few weeks ago.

Another highlight - private word from a very reliable professional tester kept silent by the embargo - the overall capability of this bike promises to be supreme bang for the buck. He toppled some big names in the segment while speaking about it's overall qualities, strongly encouraging my decision to buy. Sorry, have to abide by my word and not reveal further specifics, however it's hardly any time before the forthcoming expert reviews of next week will validate this.

Last edited by Rehaan : 23rd May 2022 at 23:08. Reason: Just adding a line to your paragraph break to ease readability. :)
AnAntinspired is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2022, 23:32   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnAntinspired View Post

Another highlight - private word from a very reliable professional tester kept silent by the embargo - the overall capability of this bike promises to be supreme bang for the buck. He toppled some big names in the segment while speaking about it's overall qualities, strongly encouraging my decision to buy.
It seems yours will be the first ownership review on TeamBhp

These days buying decisions are easily influenced by popular consensus. It’s good that you are aware of what you want from your bike. If a bike delivers X, and your expectations are also X, then other nitty gritty really doesn’t matter. Most of the time people make a lot of fuss about things that they are not even going to utilise to its fullest. If I know that my maximum cruising speed is 90kmph, then all that matters is a bike that can cruise around that speed comfortably. But the moment some YouTuber/ Reviewer mentions that vibration creeps in post 100kmph, we forget that all we need is bike to be smooth till 90.

I think the better you know yourself as a rider, the easier it’s going to decide what kind of bike you want.

Let’s hope Vstorm250 meets your expectations and also ours. Can’t wait to test ride it.
NTab is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th May 2022, 09:41   #146

Hi Guys,

Bikes are available in Delhi at multiple showrooms and test rides are available.
Delivery is on the spot and no booking and waiting.
This was confirmed by sales representative.

Anyone from in and around Delhi can visit Super Suzuki or Sagar Suzuki to have a look and experience the bike in person.

Keep Riding!!
RohitJames is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th May 2022, 10:54   #147
BHPian

For anyone in Bangalore - the first batch of Vstrom 250 has reached and is unloaded for viewing and test rides at Advaith Suzuki, Southend circle. The manager there, Mr. Venu, is quite accomodating and responsive, so anyone keen to be early can head right over.
All other showrooms in Bangalore are also expecting stock in a day or two, but this is if anyone has a mid week, early bird itch to try it out!
AnAntinspired is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th May 2022, 12:48   #148
Distinguished - BHPian

Wow! So now we know why Suzuki delayed things. I guess they wanted to get the supply chain sorted to have bikes delivered instantly as opposed to the whole book and wait saga.

Great stuff! Instant dopamine hit lol
Old 24th May 2022, 15:34   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTab View Post
It seems yours will be the first ownership review on TeamBhp
This will not be me. As per what I know Sebring from this forum has already bought the motorcycle. Is that right?
Old 24th May 2022, 15:38   #150
Senior - BHPian

Meet 'YALLA', my biking spirit (Means 'Let's Go' in Arabic).
Last night I got a call from a friend at the dealership that the V-Strom is in transit, should take 4 hours to reach from Chitradurga. This morning I took delivery at 10 AM Rode straight to a trail in RamaNagara (popularly known as Ramgadh, where Sholay was shot), about 50 Kms from Bengaluru and put it through the paces. Returned at 3PM. My verdict is that Suzuki has a winner, a true all-rounder (please head over for a Test Ride)

Positives
Brakes are the best on any bike I've ridden under 650CC
Gearing is spot on (I'm doing City ride in 5th gear)
Sitting angle is perfect (No strain at all)
Suspension takes heavy punishment with aplomb (I was concerned about the short travel in front, but it's not an issue)
Yellow Colour is a crowd magnet (If only it could sign autographs). Everyone stops me to ask about price
Clutch is smooth
Engine pulls well
Runs cool as there was no heat-warning even after 3 hours of hard riding
Lightweight, so very easy to handle
Beak is a stand-out design, and gets recognized as a V-STROM
Graphics are too good
Top of the tank, finished in matte-black is classy
Checked the lights (in the basement) and its great. (Will test on-road later tonight)
Under-seat storage is the easiest to access on any bike(Via a key/Lock)
Engine guard is strong and superbly finished
Tall and wide with a noticeable personality (You cant miss this big guy)
iOS/android connect works like a charm (Suzuki App)
Footrest is excellent (Removable, with a claw underneath)
Rear Comfort is really good for pillion
All vital accessories factory fitted (Windscreen, top-box base (Well-finished), hand-guards (Was useful while riding along the thorny shrubs)
Seat quality is fantastic (Firm and comfy on long ride)
Rear monoshock is great
Fuel filler cap is easy to operate and very smooth
Can fit a Givi storage ring on tank (nice provision with 5 nut design)
Filled 11-12 Litres of petrol, (so long range) - need to read manual on its capacity
Engine cuts off if side stand is engaged
Pass light is really bright
Instrument console is feature rich and easy to read
Small detail like a groove to route wire from charging point (on the left side)
Exhaust piping is routed well (Underneath) to avoid any scraping
Useful space under the LED display to keep my gloves, (very handy)

Negatives
Exhaust tip, finished in gloss black, gets scratched easily (But its fiber I'm told, and is easy to replace)
Slight indicator vibration noticed at over 4K RPM (Bit unnerving)
Visor should have been taller and more rounded at the top
No centre-stand (Need it for chain lubing)
MRF Tyres are grippy (usually), but skids on loose sand
Slightly tall for short riders (Have ordered the optional low seat)
No accessories available right now
Single horn is very weak
Could have provided GPS/phone mount underneath the instrument console
Attached Thumbnails
Suzuki V-Strom 250 SX, now launched at Rs. 2.12 lakhs-img_1886.jpg  

Last edited by Sebring : 24th May 2022 at 15:42.
Sebring is offline   (79) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks