Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2022, 09:38   #256
Senior - BHPian

Re: Suzuki V-Strom 250 SX, now launched at Rs. 2.12 lakhs

Neil, I did 1200 Kms in 6 days. Putting up a comprehensive review as this is still a rough diamond. Had one round of discussion/recourse with Mr Patil of Suzuki India on this, and round two is on Tuesday (21st June). Will have a balanced opinion out
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
Hopefully a comprehensive ownership thread from TBHPians like Sebring, will sway the fence sitters and get them to plonk down their money on this very capable 250.
Attached Thumbnails
Suzuki V-Strom 250 SX, now launched at Rs. 2.12 lakhs-img_2085.jpg  

Last edited by Sebring : 18th June 2022 at 10:01.
Sebring is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 19th June 2022, 14:33   #257
BHPian

Quote:
Most people who have test ridden it, ended up coming away impressed by the bike. However, not everyone is booking the VStrom 250. One factor is the price.
So true, Neil! When I test rode the Strom250, I liked it very much. The guy at the dealership dampened my spirits when he said the on-road price will be around two and eighty-ish. That's ridiculous because the ex-showroom price is far less. I was the first to show up on the day they got the motorcycles. Perhaps, he assumed I was desperate. I was only super-eager.
Quote:
Hopefully a comprehensive ownership thread from TBHPians like Sebring, will sway the fence sitters and get them to plonk down their money on this very capable 250.
I have been checking everyday to find a thorough review. A few will be very welcome.
Dressellian is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th June 2022, 11:50   #258
BHPian

Took Delivery of the Suzuki VStrom SX on 4th June. I got it in Sapthagiri Suzuki and they had organised an event in Tribal adventure for the delivery and also for people to test ride the bike. I guess they had invited a few riding clubs too. The event was good I suppose, I just took delivery of the bike and rode it back home.
This last 2 weekends I had taken it for rides. The last weekend was a 650 kms ride involving lots of twists, some off road, highways, ride in rain and mud because of the rain. My opinion on the bike so far:
1) The engine is super refined and smooth. till 110 kmph it is like effortless. Beyond that there is power to go more no doubt but I can feel some vibrations especially on the gear and back break levers.
2) This bike is made for the twists. Perfect bike for the look, lean and roll. I have a Bonneville T100(Air cooled) and for some reason I enjoyed doing the twists on this. Probably the lightness of the bike and also the GC. If I lean a bit more on my bonnie, a little apprehensive about it touching the center stand.
3) Suspension is good, in fact in some terrains better than bonnie. Off road, though was very light was easy to ride. Probably a 390 adv or Himalayan will be better. There was lots of rain while returning and the handling was good. Also because of traffic jams entering Bangalore, I almost rode on the leftmost side with lots of slush, mud and water - it handled well. I would not have ventured to do it on my other bike for sure.
4) Highly Highly flickable bike. Traffic riding is a breeze.
5) Braking is not bad, but can be better.
6) The wind shield gives all the wind to the helmet, so riding without earplugs will be difficult. Probably an extender will be a good option.
7) I am about 5.8 and with riding boots, the height is not a problem.
8) A ride of about 350 kms on both days was comfortable - the seat is also quite comfortable. But beyond 2-3 days probably an air seat will be better.

Finished 1000 kms and given for service.
So far only addition is a Givi top box. During the service I have asked to install the crash guard.

And above all, for some reason this bike catches the eye than my Bonnie !!!(probably the yellow)

Last edited by madhukar_n : 20th June 2022 at 11:56. Reason: forgot to put one point.
madhukar_n is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 20th June 2022, 14:35   #259
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhukar_n View Post
Took Delivery of the Suzuki VStrom SX on 4th June..

Finished 1000 kms and given for service.
So far only addition is a Givi top box. During the service I have asked to install the crash guard.

And above all, for some reason this bike catches the eye than my Bonnie !!!(probably the yellow)
Congratulations mate

All that information without pictures is criminal. Come on, post some
SoumenD is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th June 2022, 16:45   #260
BHPian

Thank you, Madhukar for that crisp review of your first thou. Congratulations on your new ride! By any chance, did you check how long it rolls on a litre of gas? Do you think the brakes can be a deal-breaker?
I second Soumen's call for some pictures
Dressellian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th June 2022, 18:14   #261
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dressellian View Post
Thank you, Madhukar for that crisp review of your first thou. Congratulations on your new ride! By any chance, did you check how long it rolls on a litre of gas? Do you think the brakes can be a deal-breaker?
I second Soumen's call for some pictures
I got about 39kmpl. The brakes are not a deal breaker, just that I felt it like that. I have ridden a Himalayan and xpulse and Vstrom brakes are way better than them.

Got the bike from service and the bill was about 2K inclusive of the crash bar. I. will put some photos in a while, generally not a photo person
madhukar_n is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 21st June 2022, 16:39   #262

Quote:
Originally Posted by drt_rdr View Post
Made quick photo edits of a couple of colour schemes I'd have liked to see. First one reminiscent of the 1050.
These look nice.
Could you do something similar with the yellow colour model. I purchased one yesterday and would love to add some colour in line with the yellow.

Thanks
Old 22nd June 2022, 23:05   #263
Senior - BHPian

I had received the full accessory kit a week back. Finally found time to paste the stickers and tank PPF. Kudos to Suzuki for making every accessory/every part available in such short time
Attached Thumbnails
Suzuki V-Strom 250 SX, now launched at Rs. 2.12 lakhs-img_4484.jpg  

Suzuki V-Strom 250 SX, now launched at Rs. 2.12 lakhs-img_4474.jpg  

Sebring is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2022, 23:27   #264
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
I had received the full accessory kit a week back. Finally found time to paste the stickers and tank PPF. Kudos to Suzuki for making every accessory/every part available in such short time
The best tank scratch guard ever
NTab is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2022, 00:20   #265
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RohitJames View Post
These look nice.
Could you do something similar with the yellow colour model. I purchased one yesterday and would love to add some colour in line with the yellow.
Thanks. Honestly, I don't know what to do with the yellow one myself though. If you have any ideas, post the here.
Old 23rd June 2022, 06:52   #266
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. Honestly, I don't know what to do with the yellow one myself though. If you have any ideas, post the here.
Dirt bike colours are chosen carefully by manufacturers so that the cameras don't have problem identifying them in the melee of jumping machines. Orange for KTM, red for Honda, flourescent green for Kawasaki, blue for Yamaha and yellow for Suzuki. Yellow and purple are contrasting colours and help again in standing out.

Last edited by proton : 23rd June 2022 at 06:54.
proton is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2022, 09:30   #267

Quote:
Probably Yellow and purple as you Did Orange and Grey.
Thanks
RohitJames is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2022, 10:27   #268
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhukar_n View Post
I got about 39kmpl. The brakes are not a deal breaker, just that I felt it like that. I have ridden a Himalayan and xpulse and Vstrom brakes are way better than them.

Got the bike from service and the bill was about 2K inclusive of the crash bar. I. will put some photos in a while, generally not a photo person
Congratulations on the VStrom 250. As the others have suggested, a mention of a new motorcycle without any pictures, is simply not the TBHP way!

Can you share details on the service costs? I was told that the first few services should be around Rs 1,200. Once you get to paid services, it should be between Rs 1,700 to Rs 1,800.
Old 23rd June 2022, 14:29   #269

Quote:
Congratulations on the VStrom 250. As the others have suggested, a mention of a new motorcycle without any pictures, is simply not the TBHP way!

Can you share details on the service costs? I was told that the first few services should be around Rs 1,200. Once you get to paid services, it should be between Rs 1,700 to Rs 1,800.

In line with your comments...sharing pictures of my bike
Attached Thumbnails
Suzuki V-Strom 250 SX, now launched at Rs. 2.12 lakhs-whatsapp-image-20220620-9.26.41-pm.jpeg  

Suzuki V-Strom 250 SX, now launched at Rs. 2.12 lakhs-whatsapp-image-20220620-9.26.39-pm-1.jpeg  

Suzuki V-Strom 250 SX, now launched at Rs. 2.12 lakhs-whatsapp-image-20220620-9.26.39-pm.jpeg  

Suzuki V-Strom 250 SX, now launched at Rs. 2.12 lakhs-whatsapp-image-20220620-9.26.38-pm.jpeg  

RohitJames is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2022, 16:48   #270
Senior - BHPian

You're right on that. Just the oil cost to be paid for the first few services
Quote:
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks