Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th April 2022, 19:00   #76
KPR
BANNED

re: Suzuki V-Strom 250 SX, now launched at Rs. 2.12 lakhs

After going through and absorbing details of V Strom SX my views are:
1. CB200X is no different in concept.
2. Everyday road isn't off road or Leh Ladakh pass/water crossing.
3. Mileage matters a LOT now in 2022. Anything lower than 40 kmpl is a crime.
4. Considering 1 to 3 above Xpulse is total VFM and I'm proud of our own Indian company Hero for obvious reasons.
KPR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2022, 01:32   #77
BHPian

Colour me impressed! Iv always had a 3 bike garage since I was 20, but it took me 23 more years and over 35 bikes to get to a suzuki.
Light, lower cc bikes help my last decade of riding style that includes being solo, going uncharted and comparitively slow to enjoy the views (which saves me increasingly strict speeding tickets too). Now that past 4 years iv owned my first suzuki, a style damned 150cc pigeon chested intruder, alongside a mahindra mojo, a hero xpulse, a svartpilen and a bmw gs310... Every time the itch to try a new bike surfaced and i had to get rid of one, the damn suzuki won me over! My acid test is comfort and refinement of riding solo bangalore-goa within the day, and it is only, ONLY the intruder that encouraged me the comfort to do it non stop, specs be damned. So the afore mentioned bikes ( legends in their own audiences) all were sold, each time losing out to the intruder... My disbelief is as much as you reading it!
So, if this is the new suzuki, with a 100cc more and proven refinement and higher speed, bring it on I say. Whatever the colour, I'm coloured impressed!
(And yeah, to make space, yet again, I may retain the intruder and sell one of the other two... The highness looks likely to be displaced)
AnAntinspired is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 13th April 2022, 12:20   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPR View Post
After going through and absorbing details of V Strom SX my views are:
1. CB200X is no different in concept.
2. Everyday road isn't off road or Leh Ladakh pass/water crossing.
3. Mileage matters a LOT now in 2022. Anything lower than 40 kmpl is a crime.
4. Considering 1 to 3 above Xpulse is total VFM and I'm proud of our own Indian company Hero for obvious reasons.
Not exactly true.

1. CB200x differs from the naked Hornet only in styling. It has the same ground clearance, same wheels and same tyres. The V Storm is fine for basic off roading as it has far better ground clearance, better 19 inch tyre for soft roading control and knobby tyres to help with mild off roading.

2. You don't really need an ADV bike for Leh Ladakh but the V Storm's excellent ground clearance will ensure you can easily do Leh Ladakh with ease and the excellent engine will ensure the engine won't feel out of breath on divided highways.

3. More mileage is always better keeping everything equal especially when petrol prices seem to be only increasing every day.

4. No arguments there. The Xpulse is more suited for hard core off roading but it's engine runs out of breath when doing good speeds on our ever increasing divided highways.
bf1983 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th April 2022, 15:23   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnAntinspired View Post
Colour me impressed! Iv always had a 3 bike garage since I was 20, but it took me 23 more years and over 35 bikes to get to a suzuki.
Wow! Your bike ownership history sounds so wide and varied that it may deserve a thread of its own, do pen one down if you are so inclined I'd love to own 3 bikes at a time too, since I'm now of the opinion that there never can be one bike that can do it all for you (the V Strom 250 seems to be a likely close contender for that though). But financial prudence being drilled into me from a young age and lack of parking space has put paid to that.

Last edited by Sudarshan42 : 13th April 2022 at 15:25.
Sudarshan42 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th April 2022, 20:56   #80

The Vstrom 250 has reaching dealerships. A glimpse from the iambiker IG page.
Attached Thumbnails
Suzuki V-Strom 250 SX, now launched at Rs. 2.12 lakhs-vstrom250.png  

sathviksl is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 15th April 2022, 21:00   #81
Distinguished - BHPian

Critics of the Xpulse 200 4V : The bike needs more power!
Critics of the Himalayan 411 : The bike needs less weight!

Here comes Suzuki with a motorcycle that slots in perfectly between the Xpulse 200 4V and the Himalayan 411. I think this will be the best selling variant of Suzuki's 250 range and could be a sleeper hit in the market.

I am definitely going to pull in a favour and get myself a long test ride of this promising motorcycle.
neil.jericho is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 15th April 2022, 21:46   #82
Senior - BHPian

Will reach dealerships in May. This pic is from their staff training. Front suspension travel looks less on paper, but would like to take a test ride (Will they give a long one?) and see how it performs in this department
Quote:
Originally Posted by sathviksl View Post
The Vstrom 250 has reaching dealerships. A glimpse from the iambiker IG page.
Sebring is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th April 2022, 22:39   #83
BHPian

Mods, at this point I think it would be best to change the title of this thread to reflect that V-Storm SX was launched
Old 15th April 2022, 23:08   #84
Senior - BHPian

Any news on media drives and delivery? There’s been absolute lull after the initial exciting 2 days (teaser & reveal).

Except for the front suspension travel everything looks likeable about the motorcycle. Something tells me this will be ‘the motorbike’ for Suzuki in India. Hope they are able to provide a good product with decent after sales experience
SoumenD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2022, 07:15   #85
Senior - BHPian

Exhaust should have been set higher. Somebody had pointed out that this wont even last the Mumbai 'monsoon water height', forget 'outdoor water bodies'
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
Except for the front suspension travel everything looks likeable about the motorcycle. Something tells me this will be ‘the motorbike’ for Suzuki in India. Hope they are able to provide a good product with decent after sales experience
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2022, 00:48   #86
BHPian

Re: Suzuki V-Strom 250 SX, now launched at Rs. 2.12 lakhs

Came across pictures of the V Strom SX in orange on this article. Name:  SuzukiVStrom250SXFirstGlimpseInstrumentation.jpg
Views: 1504
Size:  222.0 KB

Name:  SuzukiVStrom250SXFirstGlimpseSideProfile.jpg
Views: 1508
Size:  216.8 KB
I still feel the yellow looks better.

Name:  SuzukiVStrom250SXFirstGlimpseRearSection.jpg
Views: 1462
Size:  250.0 KB
The pillion seat seems wider compared to the Gixxer SF in the background, doesn't it?

The article also mentions the following interesting points:
Quote:
.The Biggest plus point of the V-Strom 250 is that the bike is actually bigger than the Gixxer Siblings. The big wheels, the tall front and the high ground clearance is actually functional on the ADV which will add to its off-road capabilities.

From what we have been told, the suspension setup on the V-Strom 250 SX is a tad softer. This will make the touring comfortable and the off-road easier to manage.

The Seating space and the Riding posture of the bike is upright and comfortable. This is thanks to high-mounted handlebars, wide seats and comfortable centrally-mounted foot-pegs which provides a great seating posture to the rider.
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
Here comes Suzuki with a motorcycle that slots in perfectly between the Xpulse 200 4V and the Himalayan 411. I think this will be the best selling variant of Suzuki's 250 range and could be a sleeper hit in the market
Exactly! The V-Strom will definitely be a more fun to ride commuter, and will easily out perform the xpulse on the highway. It may even be faster than the Himalayan! And it will definitely run circles around both in the corners. Although, the V may not be as good at off roading. But then again, would the average rider (me included) have enough skill to actually feel/miss the difference in off road performance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
I am definitely going to pull in a favour and get myself a long test ride of this promising motorcycle.
Looking forward to your report! I don't have much expectations from the media reviews, especially when it comes to motorcycles that would compete with RE. There are already a couple of videos (subtly) declaring the Himalayan/Scram to be better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post
(One exception is RE- whatever their bikes may be, their marketing is top-notch. I used to know a couple of the ad people from the agency they used to use long ago and those people were bikers themselves, so that made a huge difference. (Am not a fan of RE personally, just speaking from what I've seen.)
Couldn't agree more. I've noticed everytime a competitor (to RE) has a launch or an announcement of a new motorcycle, there's always a "scoop" or "spyshot" from RE that's gone viral in the next few days. Case in point, days after the V-Strom's launch, there was a big "scoop" video of the upcoming Himalayan 450's specifications and days after that, we had a "spyshot" as well. RE was basically saying, don't buy the competitor's product, wait for mine that will be sooo much better.
Shumi_21 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2022, 03:37   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shumi_21 View Post
Came across pictures of the V Strom SX in orange on this article. Attachment 2299259

Attachment 2299260
Had a quick look at the Suzuki Website, and apart from all the interesting specs, the black colour looked stunning in my opinion, I can't wait to see a picture of it on the road.

From what it looks like, the bike will have a 835 mm saddle height with an optional 25 mm reduction to that.
I really think Suzuki has done good job here, fingers crossed for the initial drive reactions.
Hagaru is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2022, 07:41   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagaru View Post
Had a quick look at the Suzuki Website, and apart from all the interesting specs, the black colour looked stunning in my opinion, I can't wait to see a picture of it on the road.
It's called the Glass Sparkle Black. Not very common on the road, looks lovely. Same shade as the one on my Gixxer.

Suzuki V-Strom 250 SX, now launched at Rs. 2.12 lakhs-20210215_182908.jpg
TheHelix0202 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2022, 09:15   #89
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for sharing. I like the yellow but feel BLACK COULD SPRING A SURPRISE. Only thing that does not work for me is the instrument pod from AVENIS. Odd to know a scooter component in an ADV (Will be at the back of my mind)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shumi_21 View Post
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2022, 10:29   #90
Distinguished - BHPian

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but why does every "adv" bike need to have that beak-like thing sticking out in the front? Does it help in any way or have all bikes basically aped the Multistrada design?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks