Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2022, 17:58   #16

Re: How do I start? Brand new bike vs 19-year old Maruti

Well I had been in the same situation a year before and I opted for Duke 200. The best time to ride a motorcycle is in your early adult life as you would anyway promote yourself to a car in coming few years. Book your dream bike and enjoy.
Old 1st May 2022, 11:34   #17
BHPian

It takes time to learn defensive riding on Indian road. My suggestion is to start with a car, unless you will be driving only in Cantt areas where traffic is disciplined and self regulated. Car is a safer bet to start with. At 18 I believe you will be joining a college soon, check what is the scenario there, are car and bikes even allowed? In our days professors were negatively biased towards those owning a car or high end bike. This may affect you choice to vehicle too.
Keeping other factors aside it’s best to start with a car and keep some budget for car maintenance and upgrade. Considering your car’s age it best to use old parts than putting money in newer ones. Once you learn the art of driving a car in Indian setup consider a bike too, along with a car.
Old 1st May 2022, 12:29   #18
BHPian

STANLEY STMT72794-8 1/4'' Square Drive Metric Socket Set (46-Pieces) https://www.amazon.in/dp/B00N9RCNXI/...KXHZX5V5?psc=1
STANLEY 70-380E Double Open End Spanner Set (Matte Finish 12-Pieces) https://www.amazon.in/dp/B00ICIKIMM/...DXAMRJGXGQM6CJ
Here are some tools which I have as well, Amazon has everything, buy more tools as you need them.
A used bike would give you more chances to work on it and learn new things. As GTO has suggested, work in a garage or do an internship, that will give you the best experience.

Last edited by yesyeswe : 1st May 2022 at 12:31.
yesyeswe is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks