Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2022, 16:49   #16

Re: Introducing Rowen | My Honda CB350RS | An Ownership Review

Hi SVK Rider,

Wonderful review. I own a CB350 (highness) and about the lighting part as you mentioned is just average. I recently installed Maddog lights along with Bandidos clamps which directly fit on to the front fender where it meets the fork. Its definitely illegal but Maddog provides filters to cover it up which should be effective in hiding it from cops to an extent. Do try it out, it should be a great addition, especially for night rides.

Thanks.
CB_350 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2022, 17:53   #17

Re: Introducing Rowen, Honda CB350RS – An Owners Perspective!

What a heartfelt review! Motorcycle reviews are always a joy to read. The pictures make me jealous though
You did mention the ride quality is on the stiffer side, but does it qualify as 'bad' on broken/rutted roads? I remember someone saying this as a matter of hearsay so just wanted your perspective.
Sankalp05 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2022, 20:12   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Your CBR will be missed, have quite a few fond memories of few short rides with your CBR. SVKRider's signature was this black and red CBR250!

Introducing Rowen | My Honda CB350RS | An Ownership Review-82859620_3736660739739125_8630708554786930688_n.jpg

But all good times come to an end for a better one!
Welcome Honda CB350RS.

Your and my choice of bikes are pretty similar, back in the old days I was a fan of the Fazer25 with dual headlights, but then I bought the Unicorn, later when the FZ150 was released, I was more inclined towards the R15, but again due to it's seating position I picked the KarizmaR, finally in 2017 I picked a Yamaha. Buying a Yamaha was in my list for a long time!

But now from when the CB350RS was launched , I very well know in my mind, that if I replace my FZ25, it's going to be a red CB350RS!

It's a cruiser, decently fast, it has excellent handling, good brakes and is very well balanced with excellent weight distribution. This bike do not feel heavy nor gives the feel of a heavy front end. Though this bike has a good amount of weight, still it's a nimble handler. Plus above all it's smooth! No unwanted vibrations creep in on the seat, handlebar or foot pegs!

From the above paragraph if anyone feel am comparing it with another popular macho 350cc bike, then it's purely coincidental.

Excellent review, Rated 5*. The photographs are just superb!
A photo-shoot of your 350 with my 250 is still pending!

Last edited by Samba : 29th April 2022 at 20:24.
Samba is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th April 2022, 21:46   #19
BHPian

Amazing review of a great bike, SVK rider. Recently bought a CB350 and am really enjoying it. Your photography skills are bringing out the best in the already gorgeous RS. Agree with you on the lack of power. I'm happy after going for the popular maddog upgrade on the lighting dept.
Looking forward to more updates and of course, those scintillating snaps! Happy riding
ram1kv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2022, 23:18   #20
BHPian

Crisp review and gorgeous pictures there SVK Rider. Seems like 350RS will be in the stable for a long time Wishing you lot of fun filled miles ahead on the RS.
ToThePoint is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2022, 02:07   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiuday View Post
The bike looks stunning in the pictures. Congratulations and wish you thousands of smiles with your Rowen. From the bikes you looked at and the decision you on with little to no difficulty and can be taken to the service center for valve check interval services.
Thanks a lot for your appreciation.
Yes, this bike is fairly simple. I am not a DIY guy, I have a trustworthy mechanic who does the job for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcracker View Post
Congratulations!

The CB350 range definitely has a fan following.

I was bitten by the bug too. Bought a H'ness in Jan 2021, would have bought the RS if it was available then.

8000 odd kilometers done on it and I'm looking for a buyer. I need more punch ya.
Yes after 390 you will feel the lack of punch for sure. You can try the upcoming Super Meteor 650 if you wish to go retro cruiser multi-cylinder machine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CB_350 View Post
Hi SVK Rider,

Wonderful review. I own a CB350 (highness) and about the lighting part as you mentioned is just average. I recently installed . Do try it out, it should be a great addition, especially for night rides.

Thanks.
Yes I have in mind about the Maddog lights, however I do not want to use them in the cities at all. If they are fairly easy to install and take off, I might try it. Do share your experiences

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankalp05 View Post
What a heartfelt review! Motorcycle reviews are always a joy to read. The pictures make me jealous though
You did mention the ride quality is on the stiffer side, but does it qualify as 'bad' on broken/rutted roads? I remember someone saying this as a matter of hearsay so just wanted your perspective.
Thanks a lot for your appreciation.
Nope I won't call it bad on broken roads at all. But you will feel the potholes and little bit of bad roads. The trade off against this to me is better choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
Your CBR will be missed, have quite a few fond memories of few short rides with your CBR. SVKRider's signature was this black and red CBR250!

But all good times come to an end for a better one!
Welcome Honda CB350RS.

Excellent review, Rated 5*. The photographs are just superb!
A photo-shoot of your 350 with my 250 is still pending!
Thanks a lot once again for the picture actually. This is one of my favorite snaps with Renesseme (CBR250).
Yes the other retro motorcycles lack one of the most important fun factor of this motorcycle to some extent. Though they all are good in their respective departments, its purely based on the choice which one you can live with and can't live with.
And yes picture with FZ25 needs to happen soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram1kv View Post
Amazing review of a great bike, SVK rider. Recently bought a CB350 and am really enjoying it. Your photography skills are bringing out the best in the already gorgeous RS. Agree with you on the lack of power. I'm happy after going for the popular maddog upgrade on the lighting dept.
Looking forward to more updates and of course, those scintillating snaps! Happy riding
Thanks a lot for your appreciation. Wish you also happy miles with your Cb350. Do share some pictures and experiences with your ride also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToThePoint View Post
Crisp review and gorgeous pictures there SVK Rider. Seems like 350RS will be in the stable for a long time Wishing you lot of fun filled miles ahead on the RS.
Thanks a lot. Yes I belive Rowen is going to stay for some long time.
SVK Rider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2022, 08:46   #22
BHPian

That’s a lovely bike in a lovely shade. Took a test ride of the RS just last week, and I quite liked it. The test ride bike wasn’t in the best condition, but still! It’s safe to say that the only Honda bikes that I quite like are the CB 350 and the RS.

Enjoy many lovely miles with your bike!

Introducing Rowen | My Honda CB350RS | An Ownership Review-8d49210449354a328ad2440eb099cdd8.jpeg

Introducing Rowen | My Honda CB350RS | An Ownership Review-911d1dce82b64c01a10d476746191aab.jpeg

Introducing Rowen | My Honda CB350RS | An Ownership Review-64cb46c44ae3448ca2ae1702d9112a6c.jpeg
TheHelix0202 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2022, 14:22   #23
BHPian

Congrats @svkrider on the new ride. i purchased CB 350 Highness anniversary edition last month. Still in the run in zone. It is the biggest head turner on the roads. Tested all models in the segment and finally chose to buy the Highness.
Drivethru is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2022, 09:42   #24
BHPian

What a fantastic writeup and out of the world pictures!
If I were to buy a motorcycle today, it'd definitely be CB350, even more so after reading your beautiful and beautifully articulated writeup. Haven't come across as wonderful pictures of the CB350 as yours. As you said you are a marketing guy, you must be doing great justice to your profession, your pictures are proof of it. Cheers!
Fuldagap is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2022, 12:07   #25
BHPian

Great review! I liked the CB350 when it came out and love the RS variant, closest thing we can get to CB400 SF on the Indian roads. Wish Honda gives more color option for the bike, like Candy chromosphere red and some blue colors.

About the rear mud guard problem, you can try Dukes rear mud guard (and saree guard) will solve your problem and give a more clean look in the rear.
Black_Star is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2022, 15:22   #26
BHPian

An excellent review and photography! I rented out the CB350 H'ness before finally biting the bullet on the Inty 650 but my two days with the H'ness really made me question my decision. The engine is a gem and the dynamics are very well sorted. The gearing is a little too tall for my liking (hence the missing tachometer) but the bike isn't really designed for spirited riding.

The CB350RS looks fabulous, especially the tank and the rear quarter (extra kudos to your photography). The switchgear and the overall fit and finish is really premium and befitting a flagship product, something I sorely miss on my Inty.
thebengalee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2022, 12:46   #27
Team-BHP Support

Exceptional, unbiased & detailed ownership reviews of bikes have started going to our homepage reviews box. It's the ultimate stamp of trust from Team-BHP (as a platform) because lakhs of visitors every month check out reviews from there & make purchase decisions.

Your review has also been included here. Thank you so much for sharing .

Introducing Rowen | My Honda CB350RS | An Ownership Review-cb350rs.png
Aditya is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2022, 13:23   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHelix0202 View Post
That’s a lovely bike in a lovely shade. Took a test ride of the RS just last week, and I quite liked it. The test ride bike wasn’t in the best condition, but still! It’s safe to say that the only Honda bikes that I quite like are the CB 350 and the RS.

Enjoy many lovely miles with your bike!
Thank you for your appreciation. Yes Honda made these motorcycles really well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drivethru View Post
Congrats @svkrider on the new ride. i purchased CB 350 Highness anniversary edition last month. Still in the run in zone. It is the biggest head turner on the roads. Tested all models in the segment and finally chose to buy the Highness.
Indeed ! It's an eye catcher wherever you go. Its like an aura around it which attracts people towards it instantly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuldagap View Post
What a fantastic writeup and out of the world pictures!
If I were to buy a motorcycle today, it'd definitely be CB350, even more so after reading your beautiful and beautifully articulated writeup. Haven't come across as wonderful pictures of the CB350 as yours. As you said you are a marketing guy, you must be doing great justice to your profession, your pictures are proof of it. Cheers!
Thanks a lot for your appreciation. Yes my job profile gives me some flexibility to travel and work together at times, which makes me love my job a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Star View Post
Great review! I liked the CB350 when it came out and love the RS variant, closest thing we can get to CB400 SF on the Indian roads. Wish Honda gives more color option for the bike, like Candy chromosphere red and some blue colors.

About the rear mud guard problem, you can try Dukes rear mud guard (and saree guard) will solve your problem and give a more clean look in the rear.
Very True, I believe Honda will launch more colors in future. The Blue Color option for the RS Variant is already here.
And will surely check out the rear mudguard of Duke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebengalee View Post
An excellent review and photography! but the bike isn't really designed for spirited riding.

The CB350RS looks fabulous, especially the tank and the rear quarter (extra kudos to your photography). The switchgear and the overall fit and finish is really premium and befitting a flagship product, something I sorely miss on my Inty.
Thanks a lot for your appreciation. Yes this is a fun to ride motorcycle. Nimble, decently powered and brings smile in your face every time you ride it. Int 650 is also a fantastic machine, but doesn't feels that nimble like the CB. Ride safe and do share pictures of your machine too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Exceptional, unbiased & detailed ownership reviews of bikes have started going to our homepage reviews box. It's the ultimate stamp of trust from Team-BHP (as a platform) because lakhs of visitors every month check out reviews from there & make purchase decisions.

Your review has also been included here. Thank you so much for sharing .

Attachment 2303298
Wow!
This is really awesome. I am truly privileged for this honor. Will try to share more details throughout my ownership.
Once again thank you so much
SVK Rider is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2022, 15:54   #29
BHPian

Fantastic review SVK. You have covered all the points very clearly. Anybody looking to buy a CB350RS can use this as a ready reckoner.

The bike looks beautiful especially through your lens.

Cheers,
Pawan
PapaBravo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2022, 16:52   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaBravo View Post
Fantastic review SVK. You have covered all the points very clearly. Anybody looking to buy a CB350RS can use this as a ready reckoner.

The bike looks beautiful especially through your lens.

Cheers,
Pawan
Thank you so much for your appreciation Pawan da.

I would like to update the thread with the second service update and one more oil change update which I missed to put on the main review.
After first service in around 900 + kms I did my first trip to the mountains, the total kilometre was around 1800 kms round trip. After I came back I just changed the basic Oil filter, Engine Oil and my bar end cap for the left side.
The total kms for the ODO was around 2900 kms
The total Bill was of INR 1376, as they didn't charged for the labor at all as a courtesy. Small but important steps which makes the customers happy.
Good going Bigwing Honda.
Introducing Rowen | My Honda CB350RS | An Ownership Review-bill-1.jpg
A Still from the ride. I will share details of the experience of this trip in a separate travelogue.
Introducing Rowen | My Honda CB350RS | An Ownership Review-update-pic-2.jpg

After this, I had also taken her for small highway spins and normal regular usage.
The motorcycle didn't gave single hiccup till date.
However the second service part is something I would term not upto the mark.
Yes they did the job well mechanically, but the attention to details was lacking from BigWing North - New Town service center.
The Oil Change and Oil and Air filters were changed in this one. Plus they also did some checking with their laptop which was around INR 135 and they said it is to monitor that every electrical parts are working fine or not.
However apart from this things they have probably forgotten to tighten the chain, which I did again by revisiting some other day.
Also they didn't wash and polished the motorcycle properly. I personally pointed out dirt in different parts and asked to clean it once more. I believe they do not use good quality shampoo for this. May be just simple foam or soap and water spray only. Hence I am toatally dissatisfied with the entire cleaning and attention to details process.
If Honda is listening, they should look into this as if you are not giving a clean and perfectly polished motorcycle after the service, no matter how well you change the inside parts and all the customer will not feel happy. No one wants to wear dirty clothes unless necessary.
The total bill was for INR 1907 including all.
Introducing Rowen | My Honda CB350RS | An Ownership Review-bill-2.jpg
Introducing Rowen | My Honda CB350RS | An Ownership Review-bill-3.jpg

Apart from this small glitch from the service center part, till now the ownership is really awesome.
This machine is a head turner in all senses.
Will keep this space updated as things progress.
Introducing Rowen | My Honda CB350RS | An Ownership Review-update-pic-1.jpg
SVK Rider is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed