Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2022, 13:02   #1

How to re-register my Delhi vehicle in Hyderabad?

Hello folks, need some help with my situation.

My Bajaj Pulsar bike is 2007 Delhi registered, which I moved it to Hyderabad in 2012. I didn't pay road-tax or re-register it in Hyderabad, as I used to take it just for a few errands within my residential area (not main roads).

I do not want to scrap it or sell it back in Delhi/north. I want to keep it as its condition is very good and there's an emotion attached to it, as it was my first bike from my own 1st job salary.

So, as my RC is expiring after 15 years, what can I do to re-register it here in Hyderabad itself and drive without any issues legally?

Last edited by manub22 : 11th May 2022 at 13:15. Reason: some typo errors
manub22 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2022, 13:50   #2
BHPian

re: How to re-register my Delhi vehicle in Hyderabad?

You will need to get in touch with a RTO agent in Delhi, to see if he can get an NOC for Hyderabad for you to register there. But before you attempt this I'd strongly recommend you to find out the cost involved for re-registering in Hyderabad as it may well surpass the value of the vehicle.
Ripper is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th May 2022, 15:41   #3
BHPian

re: How to re-register my Delhi vehicle in Hyderabad?

I think you'll need to transfer the registration from DL to TS.

1. For this, as Ripper already mentioned, you'll need an NOC from Delhi.
2. Next, you'll need to book a slot online from here: https://tgtransport.net/TGCFSTONLINE/
3. Gather all the documents and go to the RTA at the appointed date and time.

Apart from the original RC and NOC you'll also need insurance & pollution check certificate as far as I know. Other documents may be needed - best is to visit your nearest RTA and ask for a list of documents you will need, what's the fee and which type of slot to took in the online portal.

You can cross check the costs associated with re-registering the motorcycle from here: https://www.transport.telangana.gov....istration.html

I have visited the RTA in Secunderabad 3 times - two times for registering a new vehicle and once with someone who wanted to get a learners license. All these times I was able to get the work done without paying any agent.

However, in your case if you feel there's too much running around you can consider paying an agent for the running around.

PS: I wouldn't advertise the fact that the vehicle has been in Hyderabad since 2012.
JoeTheWanderer is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th May 2022, 16:58   #4
BHPian

Re: How to re-register my Delhi vehicle in Hyderabad?

You will have to renew the registration in Delhi, then apply for a NOC in Delhi and then get it re-registered in Hyderabad. This may be a cost-intensive exercise as the road tax has gone up. And maximum, you may keep it for the next 5 yrs after re-registration. Instead, renew the registration and use it in Hyderabad, as long as you don't go on main roads and don't get involved in an accident it isn't a problem to drive a DL plate bike in Hyderabad.

But if you have the time and patience, please choose the legal route and so consider the cost involved. A broker in Hyderabad will charge you around 1500-2500 to get your bike re-registered in Hyderabad, provided all the documentation is right.
kvamshi04 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th May 2022, 01:00   #5
BHPian

Case 1: If the 15 years is already up.
In this case, you have no option but to either scrap the bike or run it using expired papers. I wouldn't openly advocate the latter, but many people do it.

Case 2: If it's not 15 years old yet.
Apply for a NOC from the Delhi RTO ASAP, and if you're not there, get an agent to do it. Ensure that the NOC is issued in the name of the Hyderabad RTO you want to get it re-registered in. As soon as the NOC is issued, RUN to the concerned RTO in Hyderabad, and apply for a transfer of registration plus a re-registration since the bike will be crossing 15 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvamshi04 View Post
Instead, renew the registration and use it in Hyderabad, as long as you don't go on main roads and don't get involved in an accident it isn't a problem to drive a DL plate bike in Hyderabad.
Not possible to renew the registration of DL vehicles beyond 15 years.

Last edited by boniver : 15th May 2022 at 01:02.
boniver is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th May 2022, 03:01   #6
BHPian

I am in the same boat as you @manub22. My situation: DL registered Hyundai Santro Car. Mfg date June 2008. In Hyderabad since mid 2010.
I paid Hyderabad Life tax in 2010. No NOC was obtained ever. The car has covered 75K kms and is in perfect condition. This is our secondary vehicle hence running only 5K kms per year since covid pandemic started.
What I have decided to do with it next year, when the Delhi registration expires? - Continue obtaining pollution control certificates, insurance etc. and drive it within city limits as I am driving it now. If challaned by Hyderabad police for lack of registration anytime after 2023; pay the challan and lock the car up or scrap the car, whatever the officials suggest. I am sure Hyderabad police will act sensibly and will not jail me for running a car with expired Delhi RC(at least for the first offence as per law), as there are hundreds like me who are unable to get the car registered in Hyderabad, when DL registration expires in 15 years.
Fine for running an expired registration:
https://www.bajajfinservmarkets.in/i...92-mv-act.html
The first thing you should do - Pay Telangana road tax. This way you are giving your details to the Telangana RTO about where to find you if you commit an offence here. By not paying the tax, you are already committing a bigger offence here. For motorcycles, it is not that much anyways. While you are in the RTO, ask some senior official what to do when the RC expires, he may guide you better.

Last edited by MT_Hyderabad : 15th May 2022 at 03:20.
Old 15th May 2022, 12:06   #7

I re-registered my 2005 Bajaj bike pulsar from Delhi to Bangalore two years back. I did not pay to any agent. The process was time consuming but not difficult if your bike still has valid registration in Delhi. Also, it would cost upto 4k including road tax although I do not know if rates are higher now after introduction of new vehicle scrap policy.

Steps are as follows and every step requires online appointment -

1. Make sure RC doesn't have any bank name on it. Else first get a new RC without bank name.

2. Apply for a NOC in Delhi RTO. It takes one month after application is submitted. 3 copies of NOC are generated and you need to register in Hyderabad within a month as per NOC validity.

3. Apply for vehicle transfer in Hyderabad with NOC and pay road tax and transfer charges. An inspector will inspect vehicle condition. Sometimes they bother on broken things.

4. You will get a new RC with Delhi number. After 1 month you can apply for new registration number that will be for Hyderabad.
agelesstravelle is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th May 2022, 13:22   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by agelesstravelle View Post
1. Make sure RC doesn't have any bank name on it. Else first get a new RC without bank name.
That's one more problem, I didn't remove hypothecation of bank on my RC

[/quote]...when the Delhi registration expires? - Continue obtaining pollution control certificates, insurance etc. and drive it within city limits as I am driving it now.[/quote]
Would any insurance company provide/renew insurance on expired registration?
Old 16th May 2022, 10:30   #9
Senior - BHPian

Thanks to Theja Reddy for sending in the information. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP share page!

Quote:
Hi GTO and Team,

This is regarding the query of a Bhpian for the re-registration of his vehicle in Hyderabad.

Firstly, I request not to re-register and use it in as-is condition, because it involves a huge amount of money for registering the vehicle.

We have recently got a NOC for a Fortuner and the agent charged me around Rs 5,000 and an additional Rs 1,000 for the original invoice copy.

We just need to send him the chassis number trace to him. A physical vehicle is not necessary. He deals with all RTOs of Delhi.

After receiving NOC and Invoice, depending on the RTO we need to contact an agent to get the work done. Doing it by ourselves is a huge task. So better to deal with an agent. We need to pay road tax which we paid around 10% for a 9-year-old vehicle. Plus commissions of around Rs 12,000 for a 7-seater vehicle and needs to get the vehicle inspected at the RTO.

Then we will get a new TS number or can continue with Delhi as well. Better to get TS to avoid attraction from traffic cops.
Old 16th May 2022, 11:54   #10
BHPian

Getting things done in TS RTO in Hyderabad is straight-forward. Don't go with agents if possible. You might need to visit the RTO 2-3 times, but things will happen.

Better to get it transferred to TS RTO for new number before DL registration expires so that you can use it anywhere in the country except NCR after that.
sanchari is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th June 2022, 11:49   #11
BHPian

I have a similar query. I may need to deregister my car from Mumbai and then register it in NCR (have options for all 3 states). Would love to know views of fellow members. Also, will prefer to register the car in the name of my family member when I register it in NCR. Thanks in advance.
Old 15th June 2022, 12:00   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by youknowitbetter View Post
I have a similar query. I may need to deregister my car from Mumbai and then register it in NCR (have options for all 3 states). Would love to know views of fellow members. Also, will prefer to register the car in the name of my family member when I register it in NCR. Thanks in advance.
If you want to get the vehicle registered on your family member, then get the NOC issued on your relative's name on his/her RTO. Submit the NOC to the new RTO, pay state road tax and get a new number (optional).
Also, you can claim remaining road tax from Mumbai on pro rata basis.
Shubhendra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2022, 18:32   #13
BHPian

I would like to know the costs involved in registering an outside state vehicle in Hyderabad. I just couldn't get the hang of the costs. I would really appreciate if someone helps me out with the costs involved in re registering an outside state vehicle and how the costs are calculated.

Thanks in advance.

Most Viewed