Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2022, 22:55   #31
BHPian

Re: 2022 TVS iQube Electric Scooter launched at Rs 98,564

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livnletcarsliv View Post
This is why decades of experience and expertise matters.
I would like to differ here. While TVS is definitely ahead when it comes to designing a two-wheeler frame, it is still growing as far as EV tech is concerned.Ather, even though a new company, has a solid product as a result of their R&D and tech.Decades of experience would definitely be useful while marketing the product and setting up service bays.While TVS showrooms were iterally uninterested to sell iQube models earlier on,lets hope it changes soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sri_tesla View Post
Only a 650W charger option is available and it's priced at Rs 9,450. After selecting the charger and dealer, the final payment option is also enabled.
I had seen some YT reviews about iQube(1st gen) in which the presenter mentioned that the scooter can be charged only with the bundled charger and not at any public charging station.Is this true or has something changed in new version ?
maheshm619 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2022, 23:35   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordday View Post
Does it come with center stand? I didn't see it mentioned.
It's a part of the accessories . I hate such tricks from auto companies, I wish RTO makes center stands compulsory for all bikes.
Old 20th May 2022, 08:54   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maheshm619 View Post
I would like to differ here. While TVS is definitely ahead when it comes to designing a two-wheeler frame, it is still growing as far as EV tech is concerned.Ather, even though a new company, has a solid product as a result of their R&D and tech.Decades of experience would definitely be useful while marketing the product and setting up service bays.While TVS showrooms were iterally uninterested to sell iQube models earlier on,lets hope it changes soon.
There is no big tech difference between iCube or Ather. Neverthless, its well obvious that any new auto brand like Ather/Ola, etc, cannot foray into the ICE segment due to various reasons and of course the cost involved. So EV is the only option.

And EV tech's investment is huge. As much as it takes to money to give a quality product, it equally takes time as well.

I also don't believe that, TVS is still lagging behind companies like Ather/Ola in EV tech. Even today, Hero electric is India's largest EV 2 wheeler maker. Of course, Ather (not Ola) is still a quality product - there is no second thought about it. It is just a matter of time that the biggies like TVS/Bajaj/Honda, etc will take over the EV market as well because of their current focus in ICE not because they are lagging in EV tech.
Livnletcarsliv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th May 2022, 08:59   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maheshm619 View Post
I had seen some YT reviews about iQube(1st gen) in which the presenter mentioned that the scooter can be charged only with the bundled charger and not at any public charging station.Is this true or has something changed in new version ?
The new charger comes with a standard 3-pin plug which can be used to charge at any 5A to 15A sockets or public charging stations with such sockets. All the third-party 2-wheeler public charging stations are just sockets only. Only Ather and Ola are setting up their own fast-charging stations but they will have proprietary charging guns which work with only their respective scooters. Ather grids have regular sockets as well which can be used to charge iQube or other scooters.

The connector part is proprietary for all the models (Ather, Ola, Chetak, or iQube) and there is no standard connector like CCS2 being used by any of these brands yet. But we can charge these scooters at any household sockets with the provided chargers.

2022 TVS iQube Electric Scooter launched at Rs 98,564-charger.png

Last edited by sri_tesla : 20th May 2022 at 09:06.
sri_tesla is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th May 2022, 09:22   #35
Senior - BHPian

2022 TVS iQube Electric Scooter all features detailed in new video.

Venkatesh is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th May 2022, 10:51   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sri_tesla View Post
Booked the iQube S variant in Hyderabad. After the booking with Rs 5,000, there are options to choose the charger and dealer. Only a 650W charger option is available and it's priced at Rs 9,450. After selecting the charger and dealer, the final payment option is also enabled.

Final on-road prices for iQube:
iQube = Rs 1,24,175 (Rs 1,14,725 + Rs 9,450 for charger)
iQube S = 130,296 (Rs 120,846 + Rs 9,450 for charger)

While TVS website's on-road price does not include charger cost, the above prices are with the charger.
Congratulations, sir!! And, thanks for the detailed post. I'm also in the same boat as you - been using a 14-year old TVS-Scooty and have been looking for a EV replacement. Did the test drive late April and was told that the new one is on the cards and so, was waiting for it. I'm planning to do the booking today.

Till yesterday, I was set on booking the base model. Now, tilting towards the 'S'.

A question on your booking - Does paying the full money help in getting earlier delivery? If not, why did you opt for paying the entire amount upon booking itself?

I see that you have replied to someone stating that there is no word either from TVS or the dealer on the delivery. Please do post here (+, if you could PM me, it would be great) if you get any info on the delivery date.

Cheers!
callvvijay is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th May 2022, 14:47   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by callvvijay View Post
Congratulations, sir!! And, thanks for the detailed post. I'm also in the same boat as you - been using a 14-year old TVS-Scooty and have been looking for a EV replacement. Did the test drive late April and was told that the new one is on the cards and so, was waiting for it. I'm planning to do the booking today.

Till yesterday, I was set on booking the base model. Now, tilting towards the 'S'.
I made the booking on last Friday (20-May). Booked the 'S' variant in Copper Bronze shade.

Talked with the dealer today and he mentioned that we can expect the delivery in 1-1.5 month's time. Looks like the test-drive vehicles would reach the showroom by the 1st week of June.

Cheers!
callvvijay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2022, 10:16   #38
BHPian

Visited the nearby TVS showroom to check out the new iQube. They have only base iQube currently on display. All the 3 colors (white, red, and gray) of the base variant are available. This is the first time I have seen iQube up close. While the design is subjective I liked the white color more than the other two but white may be too common as it was the only color available for the old model.

Regarding the delivery timelines, the dealer does not seem to have any extra information other than "up to 4 months". Looks like TVS itself managing the orders, and dispatches for iQube which is a good thing. Hopefully, TVS is conservative with its timelines and will deliver quickly.

White:
2022 TVS iQube Electric Scooter launched at Rs 98,564-msg1772272288335.jpg

Red:
2022 TVS iQube Electric Scooter launched at Rs 98,564-msg1772272288332.jpg

Gray:
2022 TVS iQube Electric Scooter launched at Rs 98,564-msg1772272288333.jpg

The seat is wide, soft, comfortable, and not forward sloping.
2022 TVS iQube Electric Scooter launched at Rs 98,564-msg1772272288334.jpg

Charging port at the front just like old iQube. For ST variant there is another charging port at the back for fast charging as per official images.
2022 TVS iQube Electric Scooter launched at Rs 98,564-msg1772272288336.jpg

The footboard is flat and spacious. You can see the hook in the middle and there is another below the seat. One of the keys is flip type and it also has a torch.
2022 TVS iQube Electric Scooter launched at Rs 98,564-msg1772272288338.jpg

The boot space is flat and can fit a normal full-face helmet. I don't think it can fit large full-face helmets with heavy paddings.
2022 TVS iQube Electric Scooter launched at Rs 98,564-msg1772272288339.jpg

104 km as per dashboard in ECO mode at 98%. TVS advertising 100 km range for the base iQube in ECO mode. One of the YouTuber already did a range test in mixed city and highway riding, and he got around 101 km range with 10% charge still left.
2022 TVS iQube Electric Scooter launched at Rs 98,564-msg1772272288340.jpg

74 km in Power mode at 98% SoC:
2022 TVS iQube Electric Scooter launched at Rs 98,564-msg1772272288341.jpg

Test ride experience:
  • Test ride was with an old iQube. They also seem to have a new iQube for a test ride but it was away for the ride. As there is no difference between motor power between the old iQube and the new iQube base variant, I went ahead for a test ride on an old iQube.
  • You need to remove the side stand, press the brake, and press the start button on the right side to start the vehicle. It's very silent and feels like it's not really started. There are no vibrations or sound basically.
  • Initial pickup is decent and it's able to pull easily with pillion even on eco mode. The max speed I reached in eco mode is 48 km with a pillion.
  • In the power mode the pickup is slightly better than in eco mode and the top speed reached 70+ with a pillion. The road is not long enough to test full top speed in this mode.
  • Acceleration and Top speeds are not at the same level as Ather or Ola but it's better than Jupiter and Activa. It's more than enough for most of the customers.
  • Suspension is okay but the road I tried is very good without any potholes. So cannot comment fully about that. I did not find anything wrong with suspension from my limited testing.

TVS iQube bookings, current production, and future expansion (source: TVS earnings call on 5th May):
  • As of May 5th, 2022, TVS has delivered around 12,000 iQubes in ~2.5years since its launch in early 2020. The current production capacity is 2,500 units per month.
  • TVS has another 12,000 bookings as of May 5th. All these are for the old iQube as TVS has only launched the new iQube on 18th May.
  • TVS expanding the iQube production to 10,000 units per month by next month (June 2022). This has been reiterated multiple times in the Q&A section of the conference call.
  • TVS continues to expand the EV production over the FY23 and will also launch multiple models covering all the segments in the next 2 years.

I think the production increase of EVs to 10K units per month by a traditional manufacturer is a huge shift that went under the radar. This is necessary as the demand for new iQube is expected to be much higher due to the higher range, smart features, and expansion of sales to 85 cities from the current 33 cities.
sri_tesla is offline   (30) Thanks
Old 26th May 2022, 12:56   #39
BHPian

Thanks sri tesla and others for your experiences.

Looks like a well sorted product from the initial reviews and feedback. This is what the S1 should have been.

I might just book one, not right now but nonetheless as an early adopter.
digitalnirvana is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2022, 15:47   #40
BHPian

TVS iqube 2022 test ride

I took a test drive of new TVS iqube in Bengaluru. TVS has not provided S and ST models to dealers and currently only base model is there which is more or less similar to existing model apart from higher range and regen.

2022 TVS iQube Electric Scooter launched at Rs 98,564-pxl_20220526_075945385.mp.jpg
I had booked test ride online and one day before got a call from dealer for confirmation, although there is not much rush there and anyone can go and take test ride.

The ride experience was good and the initial acceleration is better than Ather for 0-40km/hr. Acceleration from 40-70 is slighty lesser than Ather in sports mode, but still very good. There is only two modes available in iqube though: eco and power which can be changed from button on right side
2022 TVS iQube Electric Scooter launched at Rs 98,564-pxl_20220526_074323486.mp.jpg

The screen takes 3-4 seconds to boot up. You can start the motor only after "iQUBE" logo comes up on the screen at centre (after ~2 seconds) Not sure what if happen is screen gets stuck (In Ather I have seen, motor starts up without the screen turning on fully)
Name:  boot.gif
Views: 1900
Size:  2.84 MB

Regenerative brakes are strong and slows down substantially if you leave the throttle (no need to turn in reverse direction). The throttle input is not cut-off while braking unlike reported in ola.
The base model has only display without touch input while S will have same features with touch input. Boot space is okayish but can't hold full face helmet due to cuboidal shape. This could have been extended till back (as done for ST model) but I guess they wanted to launch quickly using the same previous iqube's body.

Dealer didn't had S model for test ride, and had no information about when it will be available. Even for the base model the wait time according to him was more than 2 months and on road price ~1.25 lakh (online its quoted 1.11 + ~9k for charger for Bengaluru). Also TVS has discontinued wall charger and are now giving portable charger only.
ritesh_44 is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 27th May 2022, 09:11   #41
BHPian

I have an Ather. I am looking to change my other petrol scooter (a cliq) to an electric variant. Is the iQube a decent competitor to Ather? And does anyone if we can use the same charging port as the Ather for the iQube.
hajaar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2022, 13:50   #42
BHPian

I have not ridden a single e-scooter till date.

With son's school starting and the need for an additional 2-wheeler at home (need for ferrying son to and from the school while I am out at work), I had almost decided to book a Jupiter today. A TVS dealer from the neighborhood said a unit was ready for delivery today itself! It was very tempting.

Well, I have been following the release of the new iQube and the reviews on other e-scooters. But some how, I wasn't convinced of owning one till date - thanks to all the drama around fire incidents, intelligent reverse motion incidents etc.

But then, a colleague and a dear friend changed my mind in the n'th moment. A 145KM range (would be happier even if it gives a real world range of 110 - Bangalore traffic ) truly impressed me.
I have seen and read several reviews of the current iQube, how it is a VFM package when compared to the other top players - ATHER. But more than these, I got carried away by the friend's vouching and I took the leap of faith.

Just made a pre-booking for the new TVS iQube ST. The price is still a question mark. I am guessing and hoping it would not be more than 10-20K than the preceding version, iQube S.
Anyway, the longer range and the huge under-seat storage (yes, my fetish for large storage spaces played out here ) got me down.

2022 TVS iQube Electric Scooter launched at Rs 98,564-20220527_booking2.png

Now starts the wait!
msarunms1987 is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 27th May 2022, 15:48   #43
BHPian

Took a test ride (with the salesperson as pillion).

First impressions:
  • 1. Everything seems well sorted
  • 2. Good enough suspension
  • 3. Traditional size underseat storage
  • 4. Silent, no whine like their competion
  • 5. 105 Kms range seems a reasonable one on the lowest end model, so even with a 40% drop in capacity, 50kms range would still be usable.
  • 6. Good acceleration even with a pillion
mvadg is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 27th May 2022, 16:00   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hajaar View Post
I have an Ather. I am looking to change my other petrol scooter (a cliq) to an electric variant. Is the iQube a decent competitor to Ather? And does anyone if we can use the same charging port as the Ather for the iQube.
Its cheaper than ather but with similar features and more range. Performance wise, its similar to base model Ather 450 plus. Ather has more connected features though. The only benefit of ather currently has is their fast charging network, which is useful to charge quickly if your city has one.

No, the charging ports are not compatible. Also, according to dealer, TVS has stopped providing wall mount charger with current launch, only portable charger will be provided.
ritesh_44 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th May 2022, 08:56   #45
BHPian

When Ola’s hype was at peak, I used to look down at TVS iQube and the photographs did an injustice till I saw an iQube in flesh and blood. It was a complete mind changer.

The older version of iQube looks very sturdy compared to teenage looking Ola. And yesterday I saw a red Ola which looked so aged that it looked older than my 20 year old Activa. Also it looked very skinny and fragile.

Now, the iQube does look like a proper scooter, very robust.

I think TVS guys should export the current inventory of ICE scooters to Africa or other countries and focus on EVs here, also make them compatible with the existing fast chargers (will require a good bms though), but, it will change the two wheeler EV industry forever.

Once people get access to fast charging (standard connector), people will do all sorts of riding from Kanyakumari to Kashmir and Leh - what TVS would get is - invaluable data- something that might give them an edge for the new segments of EVs that might be launched. I hope TVS guys are reading.

Last edited by Aditya : 30th May 2022 at 17:28. Reason: Typos
adityadeva is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks