Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2022, 14:29   #61
BHPian

Re: 2022 TVS iQube Electric Scooter launched at Rs 98,564

Congratulations on getting a new ride. Please share your observation on ride quality and power delivery in start-stop traffic.
Old 28th July 2022, 12:10   #62
BHPian

Congratulations on the new ride, I am too in market for another electric scooter for my elderly uncle and am looking seriously at TVS iQube. Have you ridden Ola S1 Pro? If yes, how does it compare to it? Since I daily ride Ola S1 Pro, it will be relatable for me.
Atul Kolekar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2022, 08:39   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sri_tesla View Post
I got my TVS iQube S in mint blue delivered on Monday.
Wow!! Congratulations on your new ride!

As I had mentioned earlier, had got a mail from TVS that the scooter will be delivered by July-31 - but, I'm still eagerly awaiting the call from the dealership / TVS.

Cheers!

Last edited by callvvijay : 30th July 2022 at 08:40.
Old 30th July 2022, 09:07   #64
BANNED

Nice ride you got there! i am quite interested in the TVS iQube ST and looking forward to buying it, Glad to know you got your iQube S delivered and your experiences with it. Would love to get a detailed review on your experiences with your new ride.
Old 2nd August 2022, 09:17   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carthick1000 View Post
Congrats on your iQube S! Looks like they delivered before the committed date.

How do you find the build quality and braking performance?
Build quality is similar to TVS Jupiter. Most of the panels are fiber just like it is on Jupiter. In general, I find the build quality of Activa to be slightly better than Jupiter. The same is the case here.

With limited riding so far, I find the braking is fine but I did not get much chance to test it separately or encountered situations where I need to brake suddenly. I will update more on braking in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGupta View Post
Congratulations on getting a new ride. Please share your observation on ride quality and power delivery in start-stop traffic.
The ride quality is good. Power delivery is linear without any hiccups and it's a breeze to ride in start-stop traffic. Regen is aggressive and I already got used to making use of the regen for most of the braking, especially in average traffic scenarios and local streets.

One cool thing about aggressive regen is that, when I am going to a lower floor in my office, the regen is able to slow down the vehicle to very low speeds without needing to use the brake levers. In petrol scooters, all the braking would have wasted a lot of energy, but in iQube (EVs) it's actually converted into electricity. As I am getting used to ride the scooter with regen wherever possible, my usage of regular brakes is decreasing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atul Kolekar View Post
Congratulations on the new ride, I am too in market for another electric scooter for my elderly uncle and am looking seriously at TVS iQube. Have you ridden Ola S1 Pro? If yes, how does it compare to it? Since I daily ride Ola S1 Pro, it will be relatable for me.
I think iQube will be a very good option as a replacement for Jupiters and Activas. I find the suspension, and seating comfort very good. Power delivery is linear and of course with more power on tap. My experience with Ola is very limited (5 to 10km). I think suspension on the iQube to be better than Ola or Ather. ECO mode in iQube is perfectly usable daily in almost all scenarios. Ola is obviously more powerful in hyper mode. I would suggest you test ride and check the differences as I am not a good judge with limited experience with Ola.
sri_tesla is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2022, 09:49   #66
BHPian

Test rode few electirc scooters:
1. Ola
2. Ather
3.Bounce Infinity
4. Ampere
5. IQube S

Among all of these 5, Ather 450X is more desirable from aesthetic, tech and showroom experience.

However, I found IQube to be more justifiable move from an ICE to EV in scooters. Let me try putting few points:

1. Ola built quality was not impressive. The cost of Ola S1 in Mumbai is Rs. 1.45 L (On Road)
2. Ather 450 X is Rs. 1.66L & Ather Plus is Rs. 1.42L (Both On Road) 450X gets a bigger batterry, wrap mode and BT connectivity over 450 Plus.
3. IQube base is Rs. 1.19L & IQube S is Rs. 1.27L (Both on road) S gets a larger screen, joystic operation and BT over the base model.

Ampere and Bounce are not viable or desirable. Bounce Infinity proposition is really good but it feels like a bubble which may burst anyday.

Now consider the move from a Jupiter / Activa 125 CC scooters which costs around Rs. 1.10 L (on road)
Buying an IQube is more justifiable if the reason of purchase is to offset the rising petrol prices i.e. running cost. Ather, though more desirable, the pricing is not justifiable (personal opinion)

Wanted to reconfirm with IQube users that the difference between the Base and S is only the screen size, joystick and BT connectivity? The real life range Sri quoted was 100 KMs which is brilliant.
VWAllstar is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 5th August 2022, 21:04   #67
BHPian

Will be getting the iQube delivered next week. Before that I want to get recharging socket installed in the apartment basement.

I am looking for lockable enclosure /box / electrical DB type product so that I can enclose and lock the wall socket to prevent misuse by others.

Anyone has suggestions on such products? Thank you!
Old 22nd August 2022, 11:40   #68
BHPian

In a dilemma - ICE vs EV.
Daily running 6-7 kms (local errands) - with two people

Pricing on road (HR26)
ICE
TVS Jupiter 110cc: 87k
TVS Jupiter 125cc: 101k

EV
TVS iQUBE S variant: 142k (range 100kms)
(battery replacement cost 30k, 3 years unlimited warranty)

While the head says ICE (saves moolahs)
Heart says EV (new tech) - a small investment before plunging into the 4W EV category

Charging can be easily done at home - 15A socket (once a week)

Please suggest - with running remaining limited to nearly 100kms a week
Old 4th September 2022, 17:37   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIAT3031 View Post
In a dilemma - ICE vs EV.
Daily running 6-7 kms (local errands) - with two people

Pricing on road (HR26)
ICE
TVS Jupiter 110cc: 87k
TVS Jupiter 125cc: 101k

EV
TVS iQUBE S variant: 142k (range 100kms)
(battery replacement cost 30k, 3 years unlimited warranty)

Heart says EV (new tech) - a small investment before plunging into the 4W EV category

Charging can be easily done at home - 15A socket (once a week)

Please suggest - with running remaining limited to nearly 100kms a week
Is it possible to buy it from Delhi? With state subsidy it will be cheaper/
Old 16th September 2022, 09:14   #70
BHPian

TVS iqube ST version's launch/delivery has again been postponed by 2 months (originally deliveries were supposed to be from August). Not sure if they had the finished product at the time of announcement in May.2022 TVS iQube Electric Scooter launched at Rs 98,564-st.jpg
ritesh_44 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2022, 10:05   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritesh_44 View Post
TVS iqube ST version's launch/delivery has again been postponed by 2 months (originally deliveries were supposed to be from August). Not sure if they had the finished product at the time of announcement in May.
I waited, waited and waited; From May to August to September. Nothing happened.

The customer care promptly told me that they still do not know when the prices will be revealed and when the ST deliveries would begin.

I know I had done a pre-booking and it involves a long wait. But I had time constraints and could not wait any longer.

I cancelled my iQube ST booking and even got a refund.

I have now booked another e-Scooter and expecting the delivery in about a week's time. More about this in another post later.
Old 16th September 2022, 10:51   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msarunms1987 View Post
I waited, waited and waited; From May to August to September. Nothing happened.

The customer care promptly told me that they still do not know when the prices will be revealed and when the ST deliveries would begin.

I know I had done a pre-booking and it involves a long wait. But I had time constraints and could not wait any longer.

I cancelled my iQube ST booking and even got a refund.

I have now booked another e-Scooter and expecting the delivery in about a week's time. More about this in another post later.
I already got ather gen3. Had booked both around similar time in April/May
ritesh_44 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2022, 11:35   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIAT3031 View Post
Your usage does not justify an EV as you correctly said. Plus there is the uncertainty around battery life.

First decide if the you are okay with a 140k budget for a scooter. If yes, then that takes the price out of the equation and you are looking at all scooters equally. Then ride the Jupiter, NTorq and iQube back to back. This step is very important. You will have your answer at the end of it.

I have an NTorq. I preferred it as I found the low speed throttle response of the iQube to be snatchy. The ride and handling of the NTorq felt better. It looked fantastic to boot. I found the Jupiter just too boring and generic so it was not considered.

Last edited by ranjitnair77 : 16th September 2022 at 11:36.
ranjitnair77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2022, 18:39   #74
BHPian

Has anyone got the delivery of an Iqube or I-Qube S in the last one week, The dealer here says that the company found some glitch in the software that the screen shows battery draining quicker than the actual battery drain and hence production has stopped till the mismatch glitch is rectified.

Also I-Qube ST to launch only in November it seems.
Old 3rd October 2022, 16:30   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JShah View Post
Has anyone got the delivery of an Iqube or I-Qube S in the last one week, The dealer here says that the company found some glitch in the software that the screen shows battery draining quicker than the actual battery drain and hence production has stopped till the mismatch glitch is rectified.
Update : Looks like the above is true.TVS IQube saw 4418 units in Aug'22 but only 3931 registrations in Sept'22. They had previously announced scaling up to 10k units per month by Aug'22 and 25k units per month by the end of 2022.

But in a recent call with the dealer, I was informed that the production has resumed and the vehicles are getting delivered. Hope to get my hands on the I-Qube S by the end of this month.

Would love to hear the ownership reviews of anyone who have bought the IQube S in the last few months.

Most Viewed