Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2022, 11:16   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2022 TVS iQube Electric Scooter launched at Rs 98,564

It has been more than 100 days since I booked TVS i-Qube S, the delivery is still pending. I have complaint multiple times to customer care but every time they have failed to resolve the issue. Such a pathetic pre-sales experience. Could anybody help me get to higher authorities in TVS who could be of some help to me.
Old 7th October 2022, 09:52   #77
BHPian

I have booked the iQube ST when it was launched in May 2022. Forget the delivery, they have not even announced the prices yet. Delivery date has been moved to November 2022 now, which was August 2022 initially. I don't think they'll be able to honour that date with the way things are going.

Makes me wonder if the Ola would be a better option considering the issues have gone down after the Move OS 2 update and the 3 update coming in in Diwali hopefully?
rahulbhosle is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2022, 11:18   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedised View Post
It has been more than 100 days since I booked TVS i-Qube S, the delivery is still pending. I have complaint multiple times to customer care but every time they have failed to resolve the issue. Such a pathetic pre-sales experience. Could anybody help me get to higher authorities in TVS who could be of some help to me.
My advice is to check with the dealership you opted for. Customer care is useless. In my case, I was getting the standard "delivery in 120 days from booking" reply from customer care. Even the dealership also gave the same answer once but they allotted the first vehicle to me as soon as the blue color S arrived at their dealership. Funnily enough, around 4 months after the booking and 2 months after my delivery, the same dealership called me to take delivery. So, there is no proper tracking of the orders.

There are people, who are getting the vehicle in 1-2 weeks or even 1-2 days if you are OK with particular color or variant (base variant) that is readily available at the dealership.
sri_tesla is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2022, 12:26   #79
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulbhosle View Post
I have booked the iQube ST when it was launched in May 2022. Forget the delivery, they have not even announced the prices yet. Delivery date has been moved to November 2022 now, which was August 2022 initially. I don't think they'll be able to honour that date with the way things are going.
November is here...is there any update from TVS about the ST model? or have they pushed the date further ahead?
Old 3rd November 2022, 23:19   #80
BHPian

I booked the S model last month, the dealer reached out with a quote(attached), which mentions additional INR 5074 for software update. Is this general practice with e-bikes? The ex showroom price is for a bike without latest software? This makes me wonder what happens if there is another fix/patch then I have to pay 5k everytime.

I have been owning a Nexon EV for around 2 yrs, and till date I have not even paid 5k in total for the 4 services I have done, which includes 3 updates and 1 prime update which added features like cruise control, itpms etc..
Attached Thumbnails
2022 TVS iQube Electric Scooter launched at Rs 98,564-img20221103wa0003.jpg  

Last edited by Th!ru : 3rd November 2022 at 23:21. Reason: Update
Th!ru is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th November 2022, 09:29   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Th!ru View Post
I booked the S model last month, the dealer reached out with a quote(attached), which mentions additional INR 5074 for software update. Is this general practice with e-bikes? The ex showroom price is for a bike without latest software? This makes me wonder what happens if there is another fix/patch then I have to pay 5k everytime.
The software update pricing is a way for companies to limit the ex-showroom price under the FAME II limit. Companies are moving the chargers and/or software upgrades out of the ex-showroom price. This is what Ather and Ola are doing for their EVs as well. For the low-end models with lower pricing, you will not see these differences. For example, base iQube does not have this software upgrade pricing. Also, it's not repetitive and you don't need to pay this for every software update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
November is here...is there any update from TVS about the ST model? or have they pushed the date further ahead?
It's a shame really. They announced ST in May and started bookings on the same day with the promise of deliveries in August. It has been 3 months and there is no sign of deliveries and no official information from the company either. One good thing about startups like Ather and Ola is they will at least inform the customers officially or at least will be forced to respond due to social media backlash. I booked both S and ST variants in May itself with plans to take whichever gets delivered earlier. I got my S around 2 months after booking but there is no progress about ST. Dealerships also don't have any information. Official social media handles are giving different answers each month. Below is the recent reply from the official Instagram handle.

Name:  insta.PNG
Views: 1417
Size:  66.4 KB
sri_tesla is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th November 2022, 06:59   #82
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sri_tesla View Post
It's a shame really. They announced ST in May and started bookings on the same day with the promise of deliveries in August. It has been 3 months and there is no sign of deliveries and no official information from the company either. One good thing about startups like Ather and Ola is they will at least inform the customers officially or at least will be forced to respond due to social media backlash.
True. TVS have shot themselves in the foot here. If they don't do anything quickly (very very very very soon in their language), I see Ola S1 Air taking away all their customers. The new Ola S1 Air is now closely matched with the iQube...4.5kWh hub motor, dual shock absorbers, flat footboard, 7" screen, smart features etc,.. S1 Air is less expensive and better looking too. Slightly higher range is the only advantage TVS have. They'll lose that if they make people wait more.
hemanth.anand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th November 2022, 02:14   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
This is the standard response that I got from them on Twitter. This is also the same reply which they are giving on Instagram.
Attached Thumbnails
2022 TVS iQube Electric Scooter launched at Rs 98,564-screenshot_20221106021125.png  

rahulbhosle is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2022, 19:39   #84

Pathetic buying experience of TVS I-Qube S

Hello Bhpian,
This is my first post on Team BHP. I'm glad to be here. Kindly avoid any mistakes from my side.

I just wanted to share my pathetic buying experience with the TVS I-Qube S.

My TVS Ntorq, which is now 5 years old and has clocked 29000 kilometres after 2 major accidents, was showing its age, and I was feeling the need for a new scooter for my basic city commute. My requirements were for a small, light-weight scooter with a minimum range of 100 kilometres that my wife and I could use to get around town.

I shortlisted three scooters:

Ola S1 Pro: Here in my city, the S1 Pro was costing Rs. 1.45 lakh, and it is loaded with features, but I did not book it immediately because of all the horror stories circulating over the internet about its poor build and QC issues. I kept it in reserve and thought of waiting for some time so that the company could sort out the issues and then take a decision, but later dropped it and booked the I-Qube ST variant.

Ather 450X: It was costing us around 1.6 lakh and was a solid contender. good range and good features, but my wife rejected it due to its tall stanchion and narrow pillion seat. But I must tell you that it is the most perfect electric scooter in India right now.

TVS I-Qube S/ST: I went to a nearby TVS showroom to check out I-Qube. The scooter is a well-designed product. The base variant was on display with a 75-kilometer range. I checked out its features and asked about its waiting period, and I left as the base variant was not suitable for my usage as I was looking for a minimum of 100 km range. Later that month, TVS announced the updated I-Qube, which has a range of 100 kilometres in the S variant and 140 kilometres in the ST variant. I went to the showroom to check it out, but only the base variant was on display, with no sign of the S variant. I considered waiting until some online reviews were released or the Team BP review. After some days, YouTube videos started pouring in with good reviews about its satisfactory performance in the city and no major issues with it. but no one was talking about the ST variant, so I thought of taking the plunge and booked the ST variant on the TVS website with a 999 booking amount. Once the booking was made, I received an email and SMS confirmation confirming the same, and the status showed a delivery timeline of around September.

I started waiting patiently for September as I was in no hurry to buy one, but after waiting for three months, I saw no sign of TVS launching the ST variant, which was supposed to be launched in September. The status on the website changed from September to December. Meanwhile, my Ntorq met with an accident and was taken to the service centre for repairs; a month was quoted for completion of repairs, and spare parts were unavailable. Can you believe it? Spare parts for their flagship scooter were not available and had to be ordered, and it is the biggest dealership in my town. Hence, as I was in need of a 2-wheeler, I decided to let go of the ST variant and changed my booking to the S variant in grey colour on the website, which was showing 120 days for delivery.

In the meantime, I got a call from OLA stating guaranteed delivery in 10 days of the S1 Pro, but at the same time, one of my friends also got his Ola delivered, and he recommended me to wait for a few days as he was facing some issues with his brand new S1 Pro, like battery drain and some software glitches, and OLA was taking time to address those issues. So I dropped my plans for OLA and decided to wait for TVS.

I got a call from the TVS dealer (Abirami Motors or RA TVS, Tiruppur) just before Diwali to say that your scooter has been allotted and has reached the showroom, and if you make the payment, we can deliver it post-Diwali holidays. I went to the showroom to check out the scooter, do the PDI, and confirm it. I also got a whatsapp message from TVS Credit about some Diwali offers with coupons and discounts worth Rs. 15k if we take finance from them, so I thought of checking that offer with them also.

I was excited about the new vehicle, but I had no idea that my entire experience would be ruined and bitter as a result of it.

I reached the showroom and approached the salesgirl for the vehicle details and PDI. I asked for a price estimate with a detailed breakdown. They have a separate team for I-Qube sales, but the Abirami Motors crew lacks training and expertise, and they are just familiar with the vehicle's printed prices. I asked for a detailed breakdown of insurance and registration charges because they were charging me 8,000 for both, and I knew that registration charges for an EV in TN are very nominal (INR 300 inclusive of everything), but the sales girl had no idea and asked me to wait so that she could check with her manager and get back to me. Meanwhile, I considered inquiring about loan offers, but they immediately denied that they had any affiliation with TVS Credit.Yes, you read that right—TVS dealerships do not offer loans via TVS’s own finance. I decided to pay in full in cash because they were charging very high interest rates for a 2-year loan, which I thought was not worth it. After waiting for half an hour, the manager appeared and asked me for the query regarding insurance and registration breakup. I asked him about the insurance coverage and about zero-dep coverage, and to my surprise, he had no clue about it. He told me right away that I could get insurance from somewhere else if I wanted to, and the only information he could give me was that the insurance is from SBI General and that the coverage is for one to three years. I had already wasted enough time in the showroom and wanted to leave, so I inquired about the vehicle's PDI.

I did a quick PDI on the scooter and paid in advance. I enquired about the accessories available and decided to get a side step and centre stand for it, but they were not in stock, and the salesgirl promised me to get them after Diwali. I was also told that the vehicle would be sent for registration after the Diwali holidays. I agreed and left. I made the full payment and requested an invoice for insurance. I got my insurance done from Royal Sundaram as I had a good experience with them, and I already have car insurance from them for my Tata Altroz I-turbo dark edition.

I was informed that they would complete the registration and deliver the vehicle while collecting the payment, but to my surprise, a day before the delivery date, the salesgirl calls and informs me that you must be here for the registration of the scooter because it is a requirement from the RTO that the owner be present.

She did her best to deceive me, but when I pushed her, she eventually admitted that they are requesting all owners to come and complete the registration because they don't have enough staff. I got mad at them and asked why they hadn’t informed me earlier about this and why they were charging close to $3k for registration if they didn’t have staff for it. I spoke with the manager about it, but he was unconcerned and insisted that I come down to the showroom, which is 12 kilometres from my house, and get it done.

They told me to come at 9 a.m. for the registration and that they would have all the necessary paperwork ready. I sent my brother to the RTO to complete the registration, which was supposed to be done by the dealership. However, when my brother arrived at the showroom to pick up the vehicle, he was given only the invoice and told that all other documents were already with their agent, who would be present at the RTO to guide us. He left and reached the RTO, where he learned that some of the paperwork was missing and that the registration could not be completed that day.

When I called the showroom, they began making ridiculous excuses. and asked me to drop the scooter back off at the showroom, where they would get it done. I got furious at them, yelled at them, and asked them to pick up the vehicle from my office if they wanted to, or else they could process the refund and take back the scooter. I declined and told them that if they still wanted it, they could come pick it up from my office. The manager was unconcerned, saying okay and cutting the call without apologizing. Unexpectedly, they had staff for this. Their staff came and picked up the scooter and took it to the showroom.

On Monday, the saleswoman called my brother and requested that he come to the dealership to register the vehicle. I was furious but tired at this point and wanted to just cancel the booking and get a refund, but decided to let go and move on as I needed the vehicle, so I told him to go and get it done and get over this pathetic experience.

The vehicle was registered and we brought it home and called it a day. I was informed that the number plates will arrive in 2 days and we can bring the scooter to showroom to get it fixed.

I will share my initial experience with the vehicle once i complete 500kms with it.

Thank you

Regards.

Last edited by Eddy : 18th November 2022 at 19:47. Reason: Spacing for better readability
Max5414 is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 20th November 2022, 16:57   #85
BHPian

Re: Pathetic buying experience of TVS I-Qube S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max5414 View Post
Such experiences are so frustrating to even read about!
TVS really doesn't seem interested in selling the iQube. Here in Mumbai, they have just 1 dealer, that too in Kalyan. How are they expecting to serve the Western suburbs customers? The only answer seems to be that, they don't want to. And even that 1 dealer has horrible reviews on Google.

I wonder how there's no accountability in such cases. Or is it that these established manufacturers simply don't care thinking there would be someone else who would replace the customer they just lost?

Last edited by vb-saan : 22nd November 2022 at 11:11. Reason: For ease of reading (especially for smartphone users), please only quote relevant bits from a long post.
rahulbhosle is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2022, 08:46   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Welcome to TBHP, hope your journey will be much better than your intro

Absolute pathetic experience and that dealership and manager doesn't deserve the position they occupy. I haven't heard of such an experience where customers were asked to run to the RTO to get it registered while they take the money.
Unacceptable.

Raise the same to TVS and honestly anyone who has issues with a manufacturer should first escalate it with the manufacturer as that's the correct process and the share their experiences here.

I know its difficult when you need a scooter but if I were you I wouldn't have entertained there RTO story and cancelled my booking or escalated to TVS.
Honestly after their sorry state of workshop and service experience with the NTorq, I would've skipped TVS altogether for my next purchase.

Although the iQube hasn't gathered a lot of headlines so I expect your service center visits will be lower and I wish another TVS dealership open around you soon

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 22nd November 2022 at 16:54. Reason: Corrected. Thanks.
shancz is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2022, 16:12   #87

Thank you for the welcome. I did escalate this matter to TVS via their Email and Helpline but till that not even a single phone call received from them asking what went wrong.

Today, I believe it is a seller's market. After Corona, I felt that all of the established manufacturers had lost interest in customer service. For every dissatisfied customer, they have another 10 who are ready to get the car, bike, or scooter as is.

Last edited by Eddy : 22nd November 2022 at 16:33. Reason: Merged. Please use the edit / multiquote functionality instead of back to back posts within 30 mins on the same thread.
Max5414 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2022, 17:33   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Welcome to Teambhp!

It is unfortunate to have a pathetic sales experience, but remember that the product itself has very good reviews even on this forum. Don't let the bad sales experience spoil your mood and just enjoy your scooter to the fullest. Looking forward for your review.
Old 23rd November 2022, 01:42   #89
BHPian

I've been reading these bad experiences of TVS dealership and that's what has been keeping me away from RR310. Now I understand why people will prefer BMW's version with higher cost and fewer features to TVS's version of the bike.

Peace of mind matters a lot.
Old 23rd November 2022, 11:41   #90

Even for their premium offerings, their service has been abysmal. One of my friends owns a RR310 and is facing some issues with the fuel injector. He has been waiting for the part to be replaced under warranty for the last three months. They cannot even arrange a part for their premium offering in three months. I have a Ntorq 125; it met with an accident 2 months ago and was lying in the TVS service centre for about 1 month as they couldn't arrange the parts for it. And mind you, the parts were a floor bed and a side fender. It took them one month just to arrange these two parts of their flagship scooter in India.
Max5414 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed